• 137 results
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@The Dark Huntress:  because otherwise his name puzzles me for weeks until i actually ask what it means...
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By Mercy_
@Full_Spectrum: Maybe that was his intent all along? 
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@The Dark Huntress:  well... well...   :' {  why would he be so cruel???
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By Mercy_
@Full_Spectrum: I dunno lol. 
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:
" @weaponmaster said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:
" @weaponmaster said:
" The death penalty is too easy of a way out for them and makes whoever carries out the act a murderer themselves.  Lobotomy of the violence centers of the brainwould be a better solution. They deserve to rot in a cell with nothing but a cot eating the bare minumum food to subsist on for the rest of their miserable lives. "
By this logic every tax collector is an extortionist and every prison guard is a kidnapper. The government operates under a different set of rules and is given powers that individuals are denied, such as the right to imprison others or collect taxes. It is up to us to determine if the right to kill criminals is theirs too, but either way, the executioner isn't a murderer. They're a civil servant, carrying out the laws of the land, just like a tax collector or prison guard. "
 The IRS IS actually breaking laws by collecting income taxes.   Many governments operate under rules and given power that individuals are denied. This is the problem. They are human beings just as "individuals" are and manipulate and abuse power and have faults and failings. You must have swallowed your toothpaste as a child. Imprisonment and taking a life are two different things altogether. The Genocide of the Jews was government sanctioned as well, but it was still mass-murder and those soldiers who carried the gassing out were murdurers as well. As is killing civilians in a war, whether it is government sanctioned or not, it is still murder. Gladiatorial pits where people were thrown to lions was government sactioned as well, but the ones pushing them onto the field were just as much murderers as Caesar was. I guess the nazis were simply cicil servannts carrying out the laws of the land just as a tax collector or prioson guard. They were murderers. Period.  By your logic anything a government officials did would be right as long as it was government sanctioned. In some countries it is lawful to marry a 12 year old but everyone involved in allowing such a thing is an accessory to pedophilia and child rape, even the one marrying them.  Learn to think for yourself. "
which laws are the IRS breaking by collecting taxes?   I don't really understand the toothpaste claim, but whatever...  I never said that imprisonment and execution are the same thing, or even in the same ballpark, but you can no more blame the executioner for carrying out his duties, then the IRS for putting a lien against your house or a cop for putting you under arrest.   Murder is far more narrowly defined then you are claiming. If you kill a man in self defense, is that murder? what about to protect someone else? I never said the government was flawless. But you can not blame a broken system on the guy that carries it out. The fact is, if someone is legally executed in the united states, it simply is not murder on the part of the executioner.    I've been thinking for myself since grade school. If you're going to try and insult me, please work harder at it. "

The IRS actually breaking extortion laws and theft by deception laws. There are no actual laws on the books that state that you have to pay income taxes. There is also no taxation without representation. And 100% of IRS taxes go to pay the federal reserve (the U.S. borrows money from each year and have to pay them interest even though we can print our own money. It is illegal on many levels). 

Flouride was put into our water supply under the advisement of a german psychiatrist and not a denstist. Flouride is a waste product of Aluminum that was used on the jews in internment camps because the germans diiscovered that flouride made one docile and complacent towards authority figures. 

Yes, you did use examples of how they were the same, you are simply backpedalling now. I blame the person putting an unlawful tax lien on your house or a police officer who arrests you unlawfully in the same manner as someone who kills someone because some people said it's ok and put some words to paper saying it's ok. They are all unjust acts. And Nazi concentration camp guards are just as guilty of unsjust acts as the government officials.

I know the definition of murder. You simply either aren't understanding me or are feigning as if you don't. Walking up to someone and injecting them with poison or pushing a button and electricuting someone because youre told to and are paid to is neither self defence nor protecting innocents. It is murder. And all involved are accessories to murder. 

When I told you to learn think for yourself it was not an insult. I was telling you to learn to think for yourself.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" Even the bible says to obey the laws of the land  "
in fact it demands execution. a lot. "

@joshmightbe said:
"Even the bible says to obey the laws of the land  " 

And yet the Jews went against the laws of the land of Egypt and revolted against slavery. 

And arguably the most famous Minister of our time revolted against the laws of the land concerning discrimination.  

Just because elected officials make criminal acts seem "legal" by typing a words on paper does not make them so. 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

A slow and painful death spanning months.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#108  Edited By joshmightbe
@weaponmaster: Actually it was the new testament when Jesus said obey the laws of the land old testament god didn't care about mortal law
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By joshmightbe
@Full_Spectrum: as a wise man once said "sometimes there is more meaning in the question than in the answer"
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By weaponmaster
@joshmightbe said:
" @weaponmaster: Actually it was the new testament when Jesus said obey the laws of the land old testament god didn't care about mortal law "

Yes. I know. My point was that the bible contradicts itself. It had nothing to do with any specicif testament. I simply used two contradictory tenets from the old and the new. That statement itself contradicts "turn the other cheek". You cannot obey thelaws of the land concerning capital pu nishment and turn the other cheek.  

I am well versed in the bible. It was created to subjugate peoples minds and take away their free will and assets and control them.
DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DarkShadows

Life-long sentence in jail or death penalty... a very painful death penalty. 

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@weaponmaster said:

" @Full_Spectrum said:

" @weaponmaster said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:
" @weaponmaster said:
" The death penalty is too easy of a way out for them and makes whoever carries out the act a murderer themselves.  Lobotomy of the violence centers of the brainwould be a better solution. They deserve to rot in a cell with nothing but a cot eating the bare minumum food to subsist on for the rest of their miserable lives. "
By this logic every tax collector is an extortionist and every prison guard is a kidnapper. The government operates under a different set of rules and is given powers that individuals are denied, such as the right to imprison others or collect taxes. It is up to us to determine if the right to kill criminals is theirs too, but either way, the executioner isn't a murderer. They're a civil servant, carrying out the laws of the land, just like a tax collector or prison guard. "
 The IRS IS actually breaking laws by collecting income taxes.   Many governments operate under rules and given power that individuals are denied. This is the problem. They are human beings just as "individuals" are and manipulate and abuse power and have faults and failings. You must have swallowed your toothpaste as a child. Imprisonment and taking a life are two different things altogether. The Genocide of the Jews was government sanctioned as well, but it was still mass-murder and those soldiers who carried the gassing out were murdurers as well. As is killing civilians in a war, whether it is government sanctioned or not, it is still murder. Gladiatorial pits where people were thrown to lions was government sactioned as well, but the ones pushing them onto the field were just as much murderers as Caesar was. I guess the nazis were simply cicil servannts carrying out the laws of the land just as a tax collector or prioson guard. They were murderers. Period.  By your logic anything a government officials did would be right as long as it was government sanctioned. In some countries it is lawful to marry a 12 year old but everyone involved in allowing such a thing is an accessory to pedophilia and child rape, even the one marrying them.  Learn to think for yourself. "
which laws are the IRS breaking by collecting taxes?   I don't really understand the toothpaste claim, but whatever...  I never said that imprisonment and execution are the same thing, or even in the same ballpark, but you can no more blame the executioner for carrying out his duties, then the IRS for putting a lien against your house or a cop for putting you under arrest.   Murder is far more narrowly defined then you are claiming. If you kill a man in self defense, is that murder? what about to protect someone else? I never said the government was flawless. But you can not blame a broken system on the guy that carries it out. The fact is, if someone is legally executed in the united states, it simply is not murder on the part of the executioner.    I've been thinking for myself since grade school. If you're going to try and insult me, please work harder at it. "
The IRS actually breaking extortion laws and theft by deception laws. There are no actual laws on the books that state that you have to pay income taxes. There is also no taxation without representation. And 100% of IRS taxes go to pay the federal reserve (the U.S. borrows money from each year and have to pay them interest even though we can print our own money. It is illegal on many levels).  

Flouride was put into our water supply under the advisement of a german psychiatrist and not a denstist. Flouride is a waste product of Aluminum that was used on the jews in internment camps because the germans diiscovered that flouride made one docile and complacent towards authority figures. 

Yes, you did use examples of how they were the same, you are simply backpedalling now. I blame the person putting an unlawful tax lien on your house or a police officer who arrests you unlawfully in the same manner as someone who kills someone because some people said it's ok and put some words to paper saying it's ok. They are all unjust acts. And Nazi concentration camp guards are just as guilty of unsjust acts as the government officials. 

I know the definition of murder. You simply either aren't understanding me or are feigning as if you don't. Walking up to someone and injecting them with poison or pushing a button and electricuting someone because youre told to and are paid to is neither self defence nor protecting innocents. It is murder. And all involved are accessories to murder.  

When I told you to learn think for yourself it was not an insult. I was telling you to learn to think for yourself. "
1) you're an idiot. We have representation. it's called congress. they have the power to levy a tax. it's in the constitution (article 1, section 8, clause 1), which was ratified by all thirteen original states and agreed to by each additional state. there is nothing illegal about our elected representatives collecting taxes.

2) you're an idiot twice over now. first for assuming that i am at all complacent toward authority, second for trying to claim such on 5 posts worth of knowledge about me and my views.

3)  I am not going to debate the morality of concentration camp guards, mainly because neither of us were even there. I never said they were the same, simply that they follow the exact same logic patterns. and you have added qualifiers. you now are making it an unlawful arrest or taxation, which was never mentioned. If a police officer has acted illegally, he isto be held accountable. If an executioner acts outside the law he is also to be held accountable. But if "someone says it's ok and put some words to paper saying it's ok" and does so in an official capacity, then it's ok. The government has the right to pick a fight, to extort you for money, and to inprison you against your will. Because we, the people, gave them those rights. if we give them the right to kill, who the hell are you to say they don't have it?

4) Murder is the unlawful killing of another with malice aforethought. Because an executioner is acting within the law, it is not possible for them to be considered guilty of murder,while performing their duites. whether or not they are morally guilty is irrelevant. Because we are discussing a legal execution (as compared to a lynching or other form of improvised justice)the judge, jury and executioner has done nothing illegal in performing their duties.

Put some genuine thought into your arguements and i might actually listen to what your saying.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:
"@weaponmaster said:

" @Full_Spectrum said:

" @weaponmaster said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:
" @weaponmaster said:

When I told you to learn think for yourself it was not an insult. I was telling you to learn to think for yourself. "
1) you're an idiot. We have representation. it's called congress. they have the power to levy a tax. it's in the constitution (article 1, section 8, clause 1), which was ratified by all thirteen original states and agreed to by each additional state. there is nothing illegal about our elected representatives collecting taxes.

2) you're an idiot twice over now. first for assuming that i am at all complacent toward authority, second for trying to claim such on 5 posts worth of knowledge about me and my views.

3)  I am not going to debate the morality of concentration camp guards, mainly because neither of us were even there. I never said they were the same, simply that they follow the exact same logic patterns. and you have added qualifiers. you now are making it an unlawful arrest or taxation, which was never mentioned. If a police officer has acted illegally, he isto be held accountable. If an executioner acts outside the law he is also to be held accountable. But if "someone says it's ok and put some words to paper saying it's ok" and does so in an official capacity, then it's ok. The government has the right to pick a fight, to extort you for money, and to inprison you against your will. Because we, the people, gave them those rights. if we give them the right to kill, who the hell are you to say they don't have it? 4) Murder is the unlawful killing of another with malice aforethought. Because an executioner is acting within the law, it is not possible for them to be considered guilty of murder,while performing their duites. whether or not they are morally guilty is irrelevant. Because we are discussing a legal execution (as compared to a lynching or other form of improvised justice)the judge, jury and executioner has done nothing illegal in performing their duties.  Put some genuine thought into your arguements and i might actually listen to what your saying. "

1.) No need for frustrated childish insults. There are no laws that state we have to pay INCOME taxes. Learn to either read more carefully or infer more accurately, then do the proper research. 

2.) I am not assuming anything. I am going by your statements. I have knowledge of your views that you have posted because you typed them and I read quite well. 

3.) There were "legal" lynchings and "legal" hangings and "legal" witch-burnings that were murder. Sometimes and often laws are illegal. And no we didn't give them those rights, they acted illegally in creating such laws. You are simply someone who can easily be manipulated and will follow anything anyone tells you is a law because you are easily manipulated and controlled. I am a citizen and a human being: thats who i am to say that they don't have the right. You have been brainwashed to allow others to make all of your decisions for you and never question them. Which makes you docile and complacent when it comes to authority. How can you listen to what I am saying when this is text? Try not acting like a spoiled child. You are simply in "battle forum" hissy-fit, tantrum-by-numbers, mode.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@weaponmaster:   

1) sixteenth amendment. "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."Clearly states that the federal government has the power to levy income tax, which we are legally bound to pay.

2) Maybe you should double check how well you read. My views on the legality of the death penalty andmy views on the way the government should operate are completely unrelated. Any implication therein, you have misinterpretted. 

3) you need to stop thinking that you understand anything about me. Yes, there have beem quasi-legal executions that were not strictly within the scope of the law, and would be concidered murder today. Laws may violate principles or be contrary to previous superceding laws, but that does not make them "illegal" that makes them invalid. Being a single citizen does not give you the authority to override the federal government, which derives its authority from the broad consent of the entire country. If you do not want to be bound by the laws of the people, leave or change them.

On a final note, Ad Hominem attacks will get you nowhere. I've heard, and read, them all before. so calling me a spoiled child just reinforces my contempt for you. Good luck fighting the man, i doubt he'll notice.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:

" @weaponmaster:    1) sixteenth amendment. "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."Clearly states that the federal government has the power to levy income tax, which we are legally bound to pay.  2) Maybe you should double check how well you read. My views on the legality of the death penalty andmy views on the way the government should operate are completely unrelated. Any implication therein, you have misinterpretted.   3) you need to stop thinking that you understand anything about me. Yes, there have beem quasi-legal executions that were not strictly within the scope of the law, and would be concidered murder today. Laws may violate principles or be contrary to previous superceding laws, but that does not make them "illegal" that makes them invalid. Being a single citizen does not give you the authority to override the federal government, which derives its authority from the broad consent of the entire country. If you do not want to be bound by the laws of the people, leave or change them. On a final note, Ad Hominem attacks will get you nowhere. I've heard, and read, them all before. so calling me a spoiled child just reinforces my contempt for you. Good luck fighting the man, i doubt he'll notice. "

1.) the sixteenth amendment was meant to tax ONLY government employees and not private citizens. Again, Do the proper research before feigning to be knowledgeable. Here is Tafts amendment proposal. http://www.famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/16Amend/LegIntent16thAmend.htm    

2.) I misinterpreted nothing. You used examples of other government agencies to make your point and used several examples of how the goverment is run and defended the protocol.Your disingenuous double-talk won't work on me. I am sorry if that disappoints you. 

3.) I understand what you type. Yes laws that violate laws are illegal created and thus following them are illegal activities. The old "leave it or change it" now huh?  Before it was "we elected them and so we gave them the power so we should agree with every law". Hypocrisy at its worst. 

The overused "Ad Hominem" cliche. How clever and original. I take it your maturity and free will have been in question many times before. Now you feel infantile contempt over an internet conversation? This reinforces my view that you are indeed acting as a spoiled child. I am sure you doubt everything except what is spoon fed to you by someone else. Keep on being an easily controlled puppet. They like that.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@weaponmaster said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:

" @weaponmaster:    1) sixteenth amendment. "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."Clearly states that the federal government has the power to levy income tax, which we are legally bound to pay.  2) Maybe you should double check how well you read. My views on the legality of the death penalty andmy views on the way the government should operate are completely unrelated. Any implication therein, you have misinterpretted.   3) you need to stop thinking that you understand anything about me. Yes, there have beem quasi-legal executions that were not strictly within the scope of the law, and would be concidered murder today. Laws may violate principles or be contrary to previous superceding laws, but that does not make them "illegal" that makes them invalid. Being a single citizen does not give you the authority to override the federal government, which derives its authority from the broad consent of the entire country. If you do not want to be bound by the laws of the people, leave or change them. On a final note, Ad Hominem attacks will get you nowhere. I've heard, and read, them all before. so calling me a spoiled child just reinforces my contempt for you. Good luck fighting the man, i doubt he'll notice. "

1.) the sixteenth amendment was meant to tax ONLY government employees and not private citizens. Again, Do the proper research before feigning to be knowledgeable. Here is Tafts amendment proposal. http://www.famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/16Amend/LegIntent16thAmend.htm    

2.) I misinterpreted nothing. You used examples of other government agencies to make your point and used several examples of how the goverment is run and defended the protocol.Your disingenuous double-talk won't work on me. I am sorry if that disappoints you.  3.) I understand what you type. Yes laws that violate laws are illegal created and thus following them are illegal activities. The old "leave it or change it" now huh?  Before it was "we elected them and so we gave them the power so we should agree with every law". Hypocrisy at its worst.  The overused "Ad Hominem" cliche. How clever and original. I take it your maturity and free will have been in question many times before. Now you feel infantile contempt over an internet conversation? This reinforces my view that you are indeed acting as a spoiled child. I am sure you doubt everything except what is spoon fed to you by someone else. Keep on being an easily controlled puppet. They like that. "
1) the semantics of interpretting the sixteenth amendment are rendered irrelevant by the revenue act of 1913. it doesn't change the fact that the sixteenth amendment allowed for the creation of an income tax. who that tax was specific too is kinda irrelevant, as either way your original claim that the federal government doesn't have any laws providing for income tax is false. 

2) you can keep being arrogant enough to put words in my mouth. my comparison was based on purely syllogistic logic. the simple fact remains that the people of the country have given the federal and state governments the rights, sacrificing their own freedoms, to incarcerate people, tax people, and in certain states kill people. they are logically equivalent. nothing more. 

3) laws can't be illegal. that's a self-contradicting statement. they can be unjust, ungrounded, or superceded, but not illegal. I dare you to find one person that has been convicted of making a genuine law that was found to be illegal. Such laws are always appealled in court and voided. That doesn't make them illegal. 

I guess you're right, their is a third option. get out, change the laws, or sit around bitching about the injustices of the justice system. And we elected them, and they made the laws, so we must abide by them, change them or leave. those are the options. i never EVER said you had to like them. 

that last paragraph was still just ad hominem attacks so...i dunno, keep babbling i guess.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:
" @weaponmaster said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:

2.) I misinterpreted nothing. You used examples of other government agencies to make your point and used several examples of how the goverment is run and defended the protocol.Your disingenuous double-talk won't work on me. I am sorry if that disappoints you.  3.) I understand what you type. Yes laws that violate laws are illegal created and thus following them are illegal activities. The old "leave it or change it" now huh?  Before it was "we elected them and so we gave them the power so we should agree with every law". Hypocrisy at its worst.  The overused "Ad Hominem" cliche. How clever and original. I take it your maturity and free will have been in question many times before. Now you feel infantile contempt over an internet conversation? This reinforces my view that you are indeed acting as a spoiled child. I am sure you doubt everything except what is spoon fed to you by someone else. Keep on being an easily controlled puppet. They like that. "
1) the semantics of interpretting the sixteenth amendment are rendered irrelevant by the revenue act of 1913. it doesn't change the fact that the sixteenth amendment allowed for the creation of an income tax. who that tax was specific too is kinda irrelevant, as either way your original claim that the federal government doesn't have any laws providing for income tax is false.   2) you can keep being arrogant enough to put words in my mouth. my comparison was based on purely syllogistic logic. the simple fact remains that the people of the country have given the federal and state governments the rights, sacrificing their own freedoms, to incarcerate people, tax people, and in certain states kill people. they are logically equivalent. nothing more.   3) laws can't be illegal. that's a self-contradicting statement. they can be unjust, ungrounded, or superceded, but not illegal. I dare you to find one person that has been convicted of making a genuine law that was found to be illegal. Such laws are always appealled in court and voided. That doesn't make them illegal.   I guess you're right, their is a third option. get out, change the laws, or sit around bitching about the injustices of the justice system. And we elected them, and they made the laws, so we must abide by them, change them or leave. those are the options. i never EVER said you had to like them.   that last paragraph was still just ad hominem attacks so...i dunno, keep babbling i guess. "

1. ) I realize it is disheartening for you to be wrong. Sorry. Semantics are of the utmost importance when iterpreting laws. The Issue went before the supreme court in 1918, and the supreme court ruled "The 16th amendment does not give congress the authority to tax a third levy" Meaning it is unconstitutional to tax someone on their labor. Next time when you research something ignore your personal hurt feelings fully investigate something.  

2.) A fatuous diatribe utilizing abstruse, recondite circumlocution caching antithetical declamations. 

3.) Yes, laws can indeed be illegal When they violate other existing laws. But aren't you arguing semantics? The previous question was both rhetorical and *acerbic.  

There
are typically many options in changing things. There are not simply three because you stated there were and knowledge is the fist step towards change. Whether you stated that I had to like your options or not is not at all germane to this conversation and is quite irrelevant. 

Ad Hominem. Spot-on assessment. *Semantics really (sardonicism).

Since you seem to need permission for everything I will allow you the last post as you seem much too closed minded or prideful to actually learn anything and lack the morals to admit your many errors and contradictory statements. babble on, I give you permission to do so.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@weaponmaster: 

1) the revenue act of 1913 still provides for income tax.  so your point that there is no law on the books providing for income taxes is invalid. Even though the supreme court determined that the 16th couldn't tax individual income, there is still a law, on the books, that gives congress the right to tax:

the net income of a taxable person shall include gains, profits, and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service of whatever kind and in whatever form paid

3) Capital Punishment does not go against any federal laws. in fact, there are 52 federal prisoners on death row right now. So your arguement is ...?

4) there are many options to change things and i never denied it. however, if you want to stay out of jail, your options when you don't like a law remain: change it, whine about it, or leave. If you can find another option, congratulations.

there is nothing semantic about ad hominem attacks. they are irrelevant to the issue at hand. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By joshmightbe
@weaponmaster: 1. The federal government needs tax money to operate so there is no way they'd be foolish enough not to make laws allowing taxation and like Full Spectrum said they did put laws on the books to support it 
2.Saying leave or change the law isn't actually limiting anything if you aren't willing to try to change a law then you really have no place to bitch about it 
3. As for life imprisonment vs the death penalty, We spend billions of dollars a year on prisoners that are never getting out of prison while people who obey the laws and respect other peoples human rights suffer in poverty, from a purely economic stand point execution makes more sense and as for morals why should we care about a murderer's life when they are unconcerned with other peoples right to live
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#120  Edited By HolySerpent

life sentence.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@joshmightbe: the thing that concerns me isn't the prisoners that we leave locked up, it's the ones we don't. the national average time served for first degree murder is 10-12 years of a 25 to life sentence. why? because our prisons are overflowing. this means every day a cold blooded killer is let out of jail,and they are 3-5 times more likely to commit another murder than a normal person. from a economic standpoint, execution makes sense. from a preventative measure, execution makes sense. The only reasoning for not executing FDM's is a hazy moral standpoint.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By joshmightbe
@Full_Spectrum: thats just further evidence that a life sentence isn't working as as a crime deterrent which is its only function logically Execution has a 100% effectiveness rate for keeping a murderer from doing it again 
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By weaponmaster
@joshmightbe said:
" @weaponmaster: 1. The federal government needs tax money to operate so there is no way they'd be foolish enough not to make laws allowing taxation and like Full Spectrum said they did put laws on the books to support it 2.Saying leave or change the law isn't actually limiting anything if you aren't willing to try to change a law then you really have no place to bitch about it 3. As for life imprisonment vs the death penalty, We spend billions of dollars a year on prisoners that are never getting out of prison while people who obey the laws and respect other peoples human rights suffer in poverty, from a purely economic stand point execution makes more sense and as for morals why should we care about a murderer's life when they are unconcerned with other peoples right to live "

1. Federal Income taxes aren't used to operate the government, they are used to pay the principle and the interest on the money that the federal reserve ( a private conglomerate) loans us each year to cover our deficit. We pay many taxes that run the government: property taxes, sales tax, etc. Don't pretend to be knowledgeable about something you clearly know nothing about.

2.   The first portion of your statment makes no sense. The second part is assumptive and hypocritical. Educating people on misconceptions is one aspect of effecting change, among many others. So you have never complained about a law or statute or when complain you did you started a grassroots organization to change it? That question what rhetorical as i know the answer. With that stated i was clearing up someones misconception of things just as i am now doing for you. This is educating, not griping. 

3. Looking at it from a purely economic standpoint it costs much more to give someone the death penalty because of the resulting appeals which is on top of the cost of their incarceration, so you are wrong once again.  As far as morals are concerned what if the person is innocent and wrongfully accused? This happens often. I guess we shouldn't care about them right? But wouldn't that be immoral? 

You really are not very well versed in these issues and are not very wise. But I am sure that instead of realizing that, you will respond with some long, annotated, post to try to prove either to me or to yourself or both that you are.  

Educate yourself more and think things through before you try to act more knowledgeable and astute than you actually are.  I won't respond to you again on this topic as It is quite apparent that you will be much to stubborn, prideful, and closed-minded to learn anything from it. And I can tell from your posts there is very little to learn from you.

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@weaponmaster said:

" @joshmightbe said:

" @weaponmaster: 1. The federal government needs tax money to operate so there is no way they'd be foolish enough not to make laws allowing taxation and like Full Spectrum said they did put laws on the books to support it 2.Saying leave or change the law isn't actually limiting anything if you aren't willing to try to change a law then you really have no place to bitch about it 3. As for life imprisonment vs the death penalty, We spend billions of dollars a year on prisoners that are never getting out of prison while people who obey the laws and respect other peoples human rights suffer in poverty, from a purely economic stand point execution makes more sense and as for morals why should we care about a murderer's life when they are unconcerned with other peoples right to live "
1. Federal Income taxes aren't used to operate the government, they are used to pay the principle and the interest on the money that the federal reserve ( a private conglomerate) loans us each year to cover our deficit. We pay many taxes that run the government: property taxes, sales tax, etc. Don't pretend to be knowledgeable about something you clearly know nothing about. 2.   The first portion of your statment makes no sense. The second part is assumptive and hypocritical. Educating people on misconceptions is one aspect of effecting change, among many others. So you have never complained about a law or statute or when complain you did you started a grassroots organization to change it? That question what rhetorical as i know the answer. With that stated i was clearing up someones misconception of things just as i am now doing for you. This is educating, not griping.  3. Looking at it from a purely economic standpoint it costs much more to give someone the death penalty because of the resulting appeals which is on top of the cost of their incarceration, so you are wrong once again.  As far as morals are concerned what if the person is innocent and wrongfully accused? This happens often. I guess we shouldn't care about them right? But wouldn't that be immoral?  You really are not very well versed in these issues and are not very wise. But I am sure that instead of realizing that, you will respond with some long, annotated, post to try to prove either to me or to yourself or both that you are.   Educate yourself more and think things through before you try to act more knowledgeable and astute than you actually are.  I won't respond to you again on this topic as It is quite apparent that you will be much to stubborn, prideful, and closed-minded to learn anything from it. And I can tell from your posts there is very little to learn from you.  "
you are the most presumptuous little sh!t I've seen on this site in a long while. 

1) the government gets roughly half of its money from personal income taxes. Income tax has been the federal goverment's number on source of revenue since the 50's

2) this isn't education, this is an angry person with a keyboard who thinks he's got the world all figured out. The simple fact remains that ifyou've got a problem with a law you will A) find a way to remove it B) sit their and grumble about it or C) leave.  

3) nobody has ever been proven innocent after their execution and you know it. shut up.

@joshmightbe:
I'mma go get some lunch. If I were you, I'd just leave this idiot alone and toast yourself to another argument won by logic and reasoning. *raises glass*
CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#125  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Prison, the death penalty should be abolished. The government doesn't have any right to take the lives of it's own citizens. These people may be sickos but they're still humans after all (At least I think) and they deserve to be in jail.

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#126  Edited By The_Warlord

Dude, like wtf

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@CrimsonAvenger said:
" Prison, the death penalty should be abolished. The government doesn't have any right to take the lives of it's own citizens. These people may be sickos but they're still humans after all (At least I think) and they deserve to be in jail. "
this is what we're debating. every civilization on earth has executed it's criminals. what makes us so special? i know it's not religion, the catholic church has executed more people than any one government i can think of. Is it just a product of the times? because we've been executing people in america since before the english even got here (Santa Fe, New Mexico circa 1598). what is it that makes the death penalty suddenly so immoral?
CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#128  Edited By CrimsonAvenger
@Full_Spectrum said:
" @CrimsonAvenger said:
" Prison, the death penalty should be abolished. The government doesn't have any right to take the lives of it's own citizens. These people may be sickos but they're still humans after all (At least I think) and they deserve to be in jail. "
this is what we're debating. every civilization on earth has executed it's criminals. what makes us so special? i know it's not religion, the catholic church has executed more people than any one government i can think of. Is it just a product of the times? because we've been executing people in america since before the english even got here (Santa Fe, New Mexico circa 1598). what is it that makes the death penalty suddenly so immoral? "
It's always been wrong, no matter who does it. I say it should be considered murder but I know that will never happen.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By joshmightbe
@Full_Spectrum: Well people are convinced that despite the fact that modern man has brought us to the brink of disaster what with our atomic bombs and massive pollution and urban sprawl somehow we're better than our ancestors when in reality we're the same just with more gadgets  
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@CrimsonAvenger said:
" @Full_Spectrum said:
" @CrimsonAvenger said:
this is what we're debating. every civilization on earth has executed it's criminals. what makes us so special? i know it's not religion, the catholic church has executed more people than any one government i can think of. Is it just a product of the times? because we've been executing people in america since before the english even got here (Santa Fe, New Mexico circa 1598). what is it that makes the death penalty suddenly so immoral? "
It's always been wrong, no matter who does it. I say it should be considered murder but I know that will never happen. "
you haven't answered my question though, why is it suddenly being considered wrong? I feel that it is an unfortunate necessity in order to protect society from it's worst members.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@joshmightbe: well, we do have some pretty cool gadgets... but yeah, i agree.
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By thegreatfour
@Full_Spectrum: Maybe it's because now we have more rights and thus the families of those with a death sentences opinions are heard more often? I dunno. Just a guess :P
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By joshmightbe

There are lots of things modern people think are new that have been with us forever both good and bad on the good side their have always been people trying to bring about tolerance and world peace and on the bad side things like racism did you know everytime you use the word barbarian you're actually using a Roman racial slur for those not of Roman decent 

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@thegreatfour: well, that's certainly a possibility. media attention does change things...
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@joshmightbe said:

" There are lots of things modern people think are new that have been with us forever both good and bad on the good side their have always been people trying to bring about tolerance and world peace and on the bad side things like racism did you know everytime you use the word barbarian you're actually using a Roman racial slur for those not of Roman decent  "

well, kinda. it's a term used to means outsiders. for instance the greeks and the persians were not considered barabarians because they were already part of the classical world. But yeah, i learned this today actually.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By weaponmaster
@Full_Spectrum said:
"@weaponmaster said:

" @joshmightbe said:

1. Federal Income taxes aren't used to operate the government, they are used to pay the principle and the interest on the money that the federal reserve ( a private conglomerate) loans us each year to cover our deficit. We pay many taxes that run the government: property taxes, sales tax, etc. Don't pretend to be knowledgeable about something you clearly know nothing about. 2.   The first portion of your statment makes no sense. The second part is assumptive and hypocritical. Educating people on misconceptions is one aspect of effecting change, among many others. So you have never complained about a law or statute or when complain you did you started a grassroots organization to change it? That question what rhetorical as i know the answer. With that stated i was clearing up someones misconception of things just as i am now doing for you. This is educating, not griping.  3. Looking at it from a purely economic standpoint it costs much more to give someone the death penalty because of the resulting appeals which is on top of the cost of their incarceration, so you are wrong once again.  As far as morals are concerned what if the person is innocent and wrongfully accused? This happens often. I guess we shouldn't care about them right? But wouldn't that be immoral?  You really are not very well versed in these issues and are not very wise. But I am sure that instead of realizing that, you will respond with some long, annotated, post to try to prove either to me or to yourself or both that you are.   Educate yourself more and think things through before you try to act more knowledgeable and astute than you actually are.  I won't respond to you again on this topic as It is quite apparent that you will be much to stubborn, prideful, and closed-minded to learn anything from it. And I can tell from your posts there is very little to learn from you.  "
you are the most presumptuous little sh!t I've seen on this site in a long while. 

1) the government gets roughly half of its money from personal income taxes. Income tax has been the federal goverment's number on source of revenue since the 50's

2) this isn't education, this is an angry person with a keyboard who thinks he's got the world all figured out. The simple fact remains that ifyou've got a problem with a law you will A) find a way to remove it B) sit their and grumble about it or C) leave.  

3) nobody has ever been proven innocent after their execution and you know it. shut up.

@joshmightbe: I'mma go get some lunch. If I were you, I'd just leave this idiot alone and toast yourself to another argument won by logic and reasoning. *raises glass* "

Grow up. Profanity only makes you appear even more ignorant than you are.  Knowledgeable yes. Presuming seems to be your forte. Once again i will have to educate you as you are allowing your childish emotions to cloud your thinking. 

1.) Again you allow your ignorance and emotions to cloud your thought processes. That "roughly half" is just enough to pay the interest on the money the federal reserve loans us each year. You're confusing how much is gleaned with income taxes with how it's spent. Try thinking without prideful childish emotions and do the proper, unbiased, research and you may actually learn something. If you continue with the "I must win forum battle...wahhhh..i 
m smart!!..I am (insert whine)" stance and you will learn nothing, except how to perpetuate and reinforce your childish behavior. 

2.) I agree. You are an angry person with a keyboard who thinks he has the world figured out and therefore can't be educated. At least you can admit that. The simple fact remains that you are wrong about much and are too prideful and emotionally and morally stunted to admit it. 

3.) After a person is executed all judicial proceeding cease and you know it. Again you are using an emotionalally based argument and not a logical one. Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence can extrapolate that if innocent people are imprisoned and and some on death row have been exonerated using DNA evidence and traditional evidence that it is a statistical certainty that some innocent people have been executed. Your statement was disingenuous and misleading, just as you often are. But, yes, there have been women burned at the stake for witchcraft who were later declared innocent. Nice try but you are once again wrong.  

I can tell by the "shut up"  you typed that you are likely some pre-pubescent forumite who has little control over their emotions and knows very little other than what the first page of a google search tells you.  

I know you will not be able to keep from responding. I once again give you permission to do so, but only after you catch up on what I am sure is weeks of missing homework.  

Goodbye little fella. Do try to evolve Intellectually and emotionally someday. 
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Zaiyan
@mikethekiller said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" Death penalty  "
co -signed  "