This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone clear it up for me why the respect threads a are being. I hope you have a legitamate reson

#2 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

to many respect thread take up hard drive space and make the vine slower

#3 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Waste of brandwith capacity? i dunno...

#4 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a strange feeling this is going to get locked too.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never locked one but I don't see the reason for em either.

#6 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

lionel hunter says:

"to many respect thread take up hard drive space and make the vine slower"

Well delete thos really old threads that have duplicates or are really old

#7 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

why not when they asnwer his question why shouldnt it be locked if it isnt there will be a bunch of idiots posting illogicail reasons when they already answered it

#8 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand. Usually on the vine when a respect thread is made its really just some pics not really any feats. This happens well to often. If thats the case they should only ban those ones. When I make one it has feats or a fight.

#9 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

there whouldnt be duplicates if the people look for them thats why alot of people want a search bar for the forums for comicvine 2

#10 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect threads are places for people to meet up and talk about thier favorite character. Cuz it seems if you go anywhere else and discuss it your a fanboy

#11 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a time where people starting making a respect thread for ever single character on the vine and all they did was post a few images, then more people post images... whooptido.. if you make a respect thread and actually type something interesting instead of posting a few images, then we'll be less incline to lock em.

#12 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

lionel hunter says:

"there whouldnt be duplicates if the people look for them thats why alot of people want a search bar for the forums for comicvine 2"

Exactly but at the moment we cant search for them so they need to be deleted

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was Buckshot that started locking them, they were popping up everywhere though. If you really want a respect thread, use it to get together a bunch of people to work on the character's vine page.

#14 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I *think* it was Buckshot that started locking them, they were popping up everywhere though. If you really want a respect thread, use it to get together a bunch of people to work on the character's vine page."

that should have done that to begin with make a respect thread than post something you know about the person and see if people agree with you to see if its correct

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"There was a time where people starting making a respect thread for ever single character on the vine and all they did was post a few images, then more people post images... whooptido.. if you make a respect thread and actually type something interesting instead of posting a few images, then we'll be less incline to lock em."

Nothing more really needs to be said. This thread could be locked now in my opinion.

#16 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"zero edge says:
"There was a time where people starting making a respect thread for ever single character on the vine and all they did was post a few images, then more people post images... whooptido.. if you make a respect thread and actually type something interesting instead of posting a few images, then we'll be less incline to lock em."
Nothing more really needs to be said. This thread could be locked now in my opinion."

well lock it mister moderator lol