#1 Edited by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm extremely bored so i decided to make this for you guys

Since the begging of humankind, men told stories. Many of them just to scare children, others really are really scary. Many of these stories tell encounters of humans with large serpents. Today i will mention some creatures people told they saw:

Ngoubou

The Ngoubou is a purportedly surviving ceratopsian-like cryptid in the savanna region of Cameroon. It is said to have six horns, and fights elephants for land, despite its smaller size (about the size of an ox, according to locals).

In November 2000, William Gibbons did some preliminary research in Cameroon for a future Mokele-mbembe expedition. He was accompanied by David Wetzel. While visiting with a group of pygmies they were informed about an animal called Ngoubou. Although ngoubou is also the local word for rhinoceros, the pygmies asserted this was not a regular rhinoceros, as it had more than one horn (six horns on the frill in one account), and further stated that the father of one of the senior members of the community had killed one with a spear a number of years ago. The locals had noted a firm decline in the population of these animals lately, making them harder to find.

Gibbons identified the animal with a Styracosaurus, but these are currently only known to have inhabited North America.

Emela-Ntouka, The Elephant Killer

The Emela-ntouka is an African legendary creature in the mythology of the Pygmy tribes, and a cryptid purported to live in Central Africa. Its name means "killer of the elephants" in the Lingala language. In other languages it is known as the Aseka-moke, Njago-gunda, Ngamba-namae, Chipekwe or Irizima.

The Emela-ntouka is claimed to be around the size of an African Bush Elephant, brownish to gray in color, with a heavy tail, and with a body of similar shape and appearance to a rhinoceros, including one long horn on its snout. Keeping its massive bulky body above ground level supposedly requires four short, stump-like legs. It is described as having no frills or ridges along the neck. The animal is alleged to be semi-aquatic and feed on Malombo and other leafy plants. The Emela-ntouka is claimed to utter a vocalization, described as a snort, rumble or growl.

A planned season two episode of the New Zealand documentary World Mysteries included an interview with a man who claimed to have encountered a dead Emela-Ntouka. He claimed to still possess the animal's horn, which he removed from the body. The episode was filmed but never aired. Also,Scientific research groups also have claimed to have found living and dead exemplars of Emela Ntouka, but this was never confirmed.

Mesquita Camptosaur

Artist concept on Camtpsaur of Mesquita:

Rolf Bromgerg or Mesquita was a famous explorer, writer, scientist, photographer, naturalist and author of 10 books. He spent most of his time searching for the "Treasure of Llanganatis" an enormous mountain of gold said to have been buried by the Inca Empire in the Amazon Rain forest. He was also responsible for bringing the myth of the Anaconda to the rest of the world, he also discovered the biggest species of frog in the world and gave it his name (Bufo Blomberg). But he seems to have discovered more:

In search for the legendary Mapinguari, Blomber traveled to Curupira Plateu but he said to have seen more. In the middle of the forest during night, Mesquita said that to have seen a pair of eyes and investigate it. He then saw that the pair of animals were in fact of a bipedal lizard. He was of green color (probably for camouflage) and was around the size of a cow. Mesquita knew he had to kill lthe specimen and bring it to scientists. He picked his rifle and shoot it. But saw no visible effect. The animal then ran into the river and was never seen again.

Being a naturalist he confirmed that what he saw was probably a sub-species of Camptosaurus, a bipedal herbivorous dinosaur who lived in South America in the Jurassic (65-150 millions of years ago) and was around 10 feet tall and 22 feet long. (3 meters tall and 7 meters long).

#2 Posted by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

No one? Okay then... ;D

#3 Posted by Bruxae (13836 posts) - - Show Bio

I like dinosaurs.

Dont feel bad, ive had several posts that just fade into oblivion then pop up later. :D

#4 Posted by BumpyBoo (9230 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe I missed this! Awesome post, how fascinating ^___^

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Elephants like "Da fuq bro?"

#6 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

No Chupacabras?

#7 Posted by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

I can't believe I missed this! Awesome post, how fascinating ^___^

There's like other 40 other species of alleged living dinossaurs. I may do some more later ;D

#8 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Real Cryptozoology finds are being suppressed.

#9 Posted by Nefarious (20295 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#10 Posted by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, these history are still very cool trough. But animals of this size? With the excessive hunt and destruction of their habithat. Great majority of them is probably dead by now.

#11 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe said:

Yay, these history are still very cool trough. But animals of this size? With the excessive hunt and destruction of their habithat. Great majority of them is probably dead by now.

Some are smaller. Not sure what is in the Amazon. They hear noises and sounds that known animals don't make.

#12 Edited by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

Some are smaller. Not sure what is in the Amazon. They hear noises and sounds that known animals don't make.

In the Amazon rainforest theer's also reports of living Giant Slothes, Saber Tooth Cats, Pterosaurs, Theropods and other animals supposed to be extinct.

#13 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: I just don't believe any of it. If there were dinsosaurs, then there would be a lot of focus on finding them. Look how many resources people spend on finding fossils.

#14 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Gorillas were thought to be kryptids Pre-1950's and now there found!

#15 Posted by russellmania77 (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a Dino in Dallas... I think his name was Barney

#16 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Mermaids are real.

I sawl it on da tv....

#17 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what's left of the dinosaurs every day, they're called birds.

#18 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dinosaur. It would be a dream come true if this was real lol.

#19 Edited by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@frocharocha: I just don't believe any of it. If there were dinsosaurs, then there would be a lot of focus on finding them. Look how many resources people spend on finding fossils.

Well they actually. The Congo rainforest is the main party to these finds. But the Congo civil war, lack of resources to the expedtions and lack of peopel intersted make the possibilitie of finding this animals very hard.

Some very endagered species are know be so rare that only a few quanty of person saw them. The Green paroot of New Zeland and the Saola are very good example. Only a few lucky peopel saw them.

And now animals like the Bigfoot are basically like legendary Pokemon. They are so rare that only a group of people were lucky to see them.

#20 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a Dino in Dallas... I think his name was Barney

Man that's just a tv show!

#21 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I don't buy it.

#22 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

If any of the elder species survived to this day, they're probably aquatic and are living in the one place we can't get to: the bottom of the oceans.

#23 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

With the mermaids!

#24 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Frocharocha (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

If any of the elder species survived to this day, they're probably aquatic and are living in the one place we can't get to: the bottom of the oceans.

Well, a good majority of these "alleged animais" have aquatic nature. Reptiles to like water.... Like crocodiles.

#26 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24777 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#27 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds kinda scary.

#28 Posted by XLR87T3 (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

There are more dinosaurs on Central and South American paintings and architecture. Clearly, dinosaurs still existed for some time. And the Mokèlé-mbèmbé is a great example.

#29 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

There are more dinosaurs on Central and South American paintings and architecture. Clearly, dinosaurs still existed for some time. And the Mokèlé-mbèmbé is a great example.

#30 Posted by Ostyo (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Right...and Bigfoot was at my local Burger King the other day.

#31 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

A dinosaur jacked my car.

#32 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Does he count as a modern dinosaur?

#33 Posted by kyrees (5073 posts) - - Show Bio

any long necked cryptid sightings is a potential dinosaur.

#34 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8852 posts) - - Show Bio

Until actual plausible evidence and not the laughable stuff presented by the large majority of cryptid hunters is brought forth there is not reason to believe in the existence of living dinosaurs, bigfoot or any other ridiculous claims about alledged animals that fly in the face of reputable science

Also that video is an elephan with it's trunk up swimming in the water.

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (42183 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by The_Deathstroker (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.