Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Really want to be a moderator, I raised my level by over 12 (8 or 9 to 23) thinking it would help. I feel that 1. I would get more respect be important,acknowledged, or something when I made a post. Also I've been doing some edits on pages lately. Please help, give advice. I will try to be fair, if I'm bad give me a wake up call. I feel I've been pretty nice to those who are the same to me. I also think it would be more fun. So once again, please give advice.

#1 Posted by _slim_ (13067 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#2 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23396 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I don't call just 13 wiki points many edits, compared to someone like it's not worth noting.

#3 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a Moderator for PlayStation.com a little over 8 years ago. You had to know the Admin and follow the guidelines when he or she gives you the privilege to be Mod. It's not as "fun" as you think. Anyway, over here, I believe you have be close with most if not all of the current Mods while at the presence of a Staff, but I believe the circle of Mods are the ones that do the voting.

#4 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Bribe the mods.

#5 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

fight mod club only has one rule...

You just lost the game.

#6 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, didn't mean many meant some edits, and gained many points...

#7 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

c'mon guys no need to be mean..

if you really care about being a mod just follow the rules, be friendly, and maybe after a long enough amount of time you'll become one.

#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23396 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: I'm not being mean I'm just pointing out just 13 wiki points is not alot of edits, for that matter I do not have alot of edits compared to people like Billy Batson either.

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7601 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. Just become a well known member of the site. Contribute to wiki edits and reviews. Post blogs... Do whatever you can to make ComicVine better. Then you may be summoned to the mod council.

#10 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

- thank you very much, your a beast... I owe you one. U r a nice guy. any way, thanks

- thnx to you

#12 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

#13 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't want to be a mod.

#14 Edited by laflux (14374 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

Really want to be a moderator, I raised my level by over 12 (8 or 9 to 23) thinking it would help. I feel that 1. I would get more respect be important,acknowledged, or something when I made a post. Also I've been doing some edits on pages lately. Please help, give advice. I will try to be fair, if I'm bad give me a wake up call. I feel I've been pretty nice to those who are the same to me. I also think it would be more fun. So once again, please give advice.

This is usually were I spout out some crap of moderators doing some inhuman feat of excellence/repulsiveness in order to get to where they are. In all honesty, be a good member of the community, Wiki Edits, Reviews, No trolling (duh) etc, and eventually you will get noticed and recommended internally. This is coming from the words of

However, she could just be deceiving us and others, so we fail to get a piece of the Mod Pie. In that case, well it sucks to be users :P

#15 Edited by Nefarious (18863 posts) - - Show Bio

You would have to work hard to become a Moderator. You will have to respect everyone. That means no trolling or baiting viners. Prove that you are worthy of becoming a morderator.

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19975 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

c'mon guys no need to be mean..

if you really care about being a mod just follow the rules, be friendly, and maybe after a long enough amount of time you'll become one.

This.

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't break the rules and try and help out new users with following them. 

#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (9496 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@18hunt said:

This is usually were I spout out some crap of moderators doing some inhuman feat of excellence/repulsiveness in order to get to where they are. In all honesty, be a good member of the community, Wiki Edits, Reviews, No trolling (duh) etc, and eventually you will get noticed and recommended internally. This is coming from the words of

However, she could just be deceiving us and others, so we fail to get a piece of the Mod Pie. In that case, well it sucks to be users :P

Yes, this is true. Really just enjoy the site, if you do, and continue to do so, then one day the staff will probably come calling.

#19 Edited by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

I didnt know having a high level would make you a Mod.

I thought it had to be about good behavior and trustworthy and so on.

@RazzaTazz: Am I right?

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, you can be a moderator. 

Just step in line behind Klandicar. His turn should be coming up any day now...

#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43419 posts) - - Show Bio

To become a moderator, the easiest way is to sell your mind and soul to the powers! I haven't become a mod because I want my free will! FIGHT THE POWER!

#22 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

To become a moderator, the easiest way is to sell your mind and soul to the powers! I haven't become a mod because I want my free will! FIGHT THE POWER!

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE BORG

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37386 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000: High level has nothing to do with being a moderator. I've been at 17 for like the past year and a half.

#24 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ImmortalT1000: High level has nothing to do with being a moderator. I've been at 17 for like the past year and a half.

Thats what I was about to say based on the OP..... I didnt believe level could have anything to do with it cause that would be like saying you have to have 10,000 posts to be a Mod. make no sense.

#25 Posted by _Hawk_ (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Level....? I forgot those things even existed.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22318 posts) - - Show Bio

sure let the guy be a mod...there's a mod named Faeye who has like 40 posts and only a little over a thousand wiki points so if that person gets to be a mod after being here a week then why not this guy

#27 Edited by God_Spawn (37386 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways. Being a mod depends on a few things. 1) You have to know the rules. 2) You have to excel if to be a mod in a certain forum. Battle forums for example, where I have mostly seen you, you for the most part need to be a more well known debater and usually a good. Gambler, Deranged Midget, Vance, Static Shock (before leaving) Morpheus, K4tz (before getting a staff infection) and myself are known in that forum and have put time into it. A good chunk of wiki points are also beneficial (you don't need like a 1,000,000.) K4tz only has over 3000 and Static I believe only had a bit over 10,000 and Gambler has about 11,000. So a lot isn't necessary if you end like a battle forum mod or something. I don't know if it traditionally applies to a wiki mod though. Anyways, doing edits and reviews always help too as well as just being an overall good user. Just because you ask and say you are ready isn't what will make you one.

#28 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

Your low level just means you're a lesser mod. Icarus is allowed to order you around and stuff.
#29 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@god_spawn said:

Your low level just means you're a lesser mod. Icarus is allowed to order you around and stuff.

:3

That's right!

#30 Posted by God_Spawn (37386 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: She's a special case. Nice girl too.

@Decoy Elite: Icarus has his own territory and I got mine. We are too different :P.

#31 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@god_spawn said:

:3

That's right!

@god_spawn: AW SNAP DOG! IN YO FACE!  
Also be ready to edit your post. :P
#32 Posted by God_Spawn (37386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Still jealous of my battle forum knowledge.

#33 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Dr.McNinja vs Cyclops! GO!
#34 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@danhimself: She's a special case. Nice girl too.

@Decoy Elite: Icarus has his own territory and I got mine. We are too different :P.

<_<

I'm actually a girl.

#35 Posted by danhimself (22318 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: sorry I don't know what the "special case" is but there shouldn't be any special cases....how can one prove that they are mod material when that person has less than a 100 posts and only 1000 wiki points? plus they haven't even been active for over a month....I'm not doubting that she's a nice person but surely there are more qualified users on the site who know the community and have proven themselves rather than someone with little to no activity at all

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: Like I said. Too different.

#37 Posted by Saren (25337 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

K4tz (before getting a staff infection)

Lol.

#38 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

If it did, do you realize just how many quests I would've gone about finishing?

#39 Posted by mikethekiller (8333 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOLOLOL

#40 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

You don't want to be a mod.

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (15724 posts) - - Show Bio

The staff will eventually call for you after a long, long time. People have been here for years and not gotten that privilege. If you be a moderator, you have to consistently be active and lock threads sensibly, etc.

Don't mods have to make reviews for comics and stuff every week or so?

#42 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get to it... See you guys later...

#43 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: Contribute and show initiative