#1 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

(Which one do you prefer)

I'm a fan of both but I prefer pro wrestling then MMA, due to the characters, promos, and storylines, MMA is fun but can be a hug fest sometimes.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA.

I like both, but wrasslin' has fallen off to me. It just ain't the same.

#3 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

WWF in the 90's during the Attitude era was everything I needed in life. But MMA is an actual sport.

#5 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I was addicted to pro wrestling when I was a kid/teen, but once I saw behind the curtain it was never the same.

MMA is exhilarating to watch.

#6 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

WWE and all of that is quite enterteinang even though it's just a big soap opera.

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA because it's an actual sport.

#9 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99: Don Frye looks so American. He should have flown into that match on an eagle.

#10 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA and what do you mean by hug fest if you knew the intricacies of the clinch and ground game you wouldn't see it that way

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik: No, I still see MMA fighters just hugging and I find it boring.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37895 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrestling.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
in terms of consistent entertainment I prefer Pro Wrestling over MMA for the simple fact that MMA fights can be snooze fests sometimes because of the different styles of fighters and it's actual fighting for victory and glory... whereas Pro Wrestling is more so a show for entertainment... 
#14 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I think pro-wrestling has been trying to bring back old fans and capitalize on that 80s and 90s glory by bringing in all these 2nd gen superstars and classic wrestlers. Which is awesome if you have little modern wrestling fans to watch it with you

#15 Posted by superstay (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil:

Pro Wrestling for the same reason, I noticed very young that watching two dudes beat eachother is dull IMO do_ob

#16 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA by default. I just can't take WWE seriously anymore when they keep Undertaker as a top tier guy and simply refuse to use him to elevate younger guys. And his Wrestlemania record is such a joke.

#17 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

For me...

Kickboxing > Boxing > Pro Wrestling > MMA in entertainment value. But all have faded from their golden years. Kickboxing was on top back at the start of K-1, boxing was good for many generations but we all know it's dying (not dead, though), Pro Wrestling is still good but I prefer the non-PG era. MMA was best during the Pride years. The fighters may not be better but they were way exciting back then. Red card if not doing anything (LnP and stuff), exciting entrances, etc. Thank god One FC is bringing some of those feel back.

Judging by the depth of the sports, though... MMA > Kickboxing > Boxing. I'm not even gonna place Pro-Wrestling here.

Edit: God, so many grammatical errors. I'm a dumbass.

#18 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

For me...

Kickboxing > Boxing > Pro Wrestling > MMA in entertainment value. But all have faded from their golden years. Kickboxing was on top back at the start of K-1, boxing was good for many generations but we all know it's dying (not dead, though), Pro Wrestling is still good but I prefer the non-PG era. MMA was best during the Pride years. The fighters may not be better but they were way exciting back then. Red card if not doing anything (LnP and stuff), exciting entrances, etc. Thank god One FC is bringing some of those feel back.

Judging by the depth of the sports, though... MMA > Kickboxing > Boxing. I'm not even gonna place Pro-Wrestling here.

Edit: God, so many grammatical errors. I'm a dumbass.

and yet with the grammar errors it's a quality post... Good Job
#20 Posted by TheCannon (18742 posts) - - Show Bio

To watch: Wrestling

As a sport: MMA since it's an actual sport.

And I do not like wrestling because of that sh*t called WWE. I like GOOD wrestling.

#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly now I may say MMA. WWE is improving (it's still the same thing it was 6 months ago, the main-event storyline just changed) and TNA is good but I don't feel compelled to watch. There's a difference in having a good show and a show that makes you have to watch it. For example, I like South Park, great show, but it isn't a show that makes me mark down a time, to make sure that I have to watch it.

#22 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

They've been pretty equal for me overall recently. Only using 2012, it's pro-wrestling for me. Boxing has been better than both this year, I thought. In recent years, I think the best MMA years were better than the best pro-wrestling years, for me.

I was a lot younger during the WWF days, so that surely contributed to why I loved wrestling more back then. I got into MMA during the PRIDE years, and looking back on both, I get a similar feeling of nostalgia, just in different forms.

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy Merc: Well MMA is mor eof a monopoly nowdays. With wrestling talent is still spread among, WWE, TNA, ROH, etc. In MMA, Zuffa pretty much has 85-95% of the top fighters.

#24 Posted by MrDirector786 (43559 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA

#25 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA because it is a sport