#1 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

this would be very very interesting

MMA stars Urijah Faber, Nick Newell, Brian Stann, Kenny Florian and Ben Askren talked about CM Punk's chances in MMA. With the exception of Askren, who declined comment, the fighters said that Punk might be able to do well if he were completely dedicated to it.

WSOF Executive Vice President Ali Abded-Aziz also noted in the interview that he wants to match Punk up against former Power Rangers star / MMA fighter Jason David Frank, and said that he would find another opponent for Punk if he wanted a different fight.

source

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0211/570160/video-urijah-faber-and-other-ufc-stars-talk-cm-punk-in-mma/#PSkQ9QSdYyYtUMWz.99

also

Former UFC fighter Phil Baroni has issued a challenge to former WWE superstar Phil Brooks AKA CM Punk for a bout in Bellator. Baroni is known for calling guys out over twitter but this is the first time he has called someone outside of the sport out to a bout. Baroni Tweeted:

“I’ll fight @CMPunk in @BellatorMMA @BjornRebney. No better fight”

source

http://tapnapsnap.com/new-york-badass-vs-chicago-made-punk-phil-baroni-calls-cm-punk/

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bet he can beat the crap out of Batista's weak self

#3 Edited by _Gaff_ (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he have experience in martial arts?

#4 Posted by Experio (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

yes he does . i believe its BJJ

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio

This would actually be a Very Intriguing Mixed Martial Arts match...

Thing is... I just don't see CM Punk lasting very long in MMA considering he is already banged up from his Wrestling tenure... he might be able to do 2 or 3 matches tops... but that's it really.

#8 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

CM Punk versus the Green Ranger?

#9 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

umm is this actually part of wrestlemania? (in which case it'a staged) or is this actually happening under an MMA orginization?

#10 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Dude Batista is forty five it's not his fault he is just past his prime.

#11 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

umm is this actually part of wrestlemania? (in which case it'a staged) or is this actually happening under an MMA orginization?

that poster was fan made 2 years ago. punk apparently is a huge mma fan and has stated twice now he would love to jump into it. jason david frank did request to face punk so itll be interesting if it happens and no its not wwe stuff its real mma

#12 Posted by BR_Havoc (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest thing that plays against him is age. Dude is 35, his body will be slowing down and we have seen, experienced MMA fighters look like chumps when they hit a certain age.

#13 Posted by _Gaff_ (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

yes he does . i believe its BJJ

BJJ is good. Very practical for MMA. He might do good.

#14 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

The biggest thing that plays against him is age. Dude is 35, his body will be slowing down and we have seen, experienced MMA fighters look like chumps when they hit a certain age.

jdf is 40 and hes been pretty damn good himself in the fights i saw him in

#15 Edited by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: pshh batista can sure open his mouth like he's in his prime, that's why Booker t slapped him around lol

#16 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

last time he fought he was only 36, and that was his first pro fight, the rest were all amateur. but He is doing well so far, no one has lasted more than 2:09 of the very first round.

#17 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@br_havoc said:

last time he fought he was only 36, and that was his first pro fight, the rest were all amateur. but He is doing well so far, no one has lasted more than 2:09 of the very first round.

i believe hes also undefeated if i am not mistaking. i met jfd and hes a chill dude. oddly he reminds me of my one cousin

#18 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

@tazzmission said:

@br_havoc said:

i believe hes also undefeated if i am not mistaking. i met jfd and hes a chill dude. oddly he reminds me of my one cousin

yeah that's what I meant not only has he not been beaten, no one has even lasted more than 2:09 against him.

#19 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: He tried to get trained in WCW's powerplant they turned him down he must have really been terrible back then.

#20 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Cain Velasquez stomps him.

#21 Posted by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: yeah you can see it in his first mma match, its not that he's fatigued but I guess he just isnt a natural at fighting

#22 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: He really has no agility he is just big and strong he can't take a bump that is why he always gets hurt.

#23 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when was CM Punk an MMA fighter?

#24 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#25 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, don't know If I like punks chances in sanctioned MMA/UFC fight at this age. Love CM Punk and what he stands for in pro wrestling, but I think he'd get his ass kicked. From what I understand he trains in MMA/BJJ in his off time, but there's a huge difference in just training and being in an actual fight.

Win or lose it'd probably draw huge ppv ratings for Dana White if it ever did happen

#26 Posted by Darling_Luna (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

God's gift to wrestling is now god's gift to mma, be still my heart

GSP would drop a pipe bomb in the form of a round house to the face

#27 Posted by lesterlawton (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

35 isn't even remotely old. Quite a few fighters in the UFC are doing well at that age.

#28 Posted by BR_Havoc (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

35 isn't even remotely old. Quite a few fighters in the UFC are doing well at that age.

It's pretty old to start trying to do it professionally.

#29 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Please use ONEFC/PRIDEFC rules so he can be kneed on the head when downed