MKF 1st Review (Jurassic World)

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MasterKungFu

Okay guys, this is my first review and it isn't very formal, so please go easy on me. I've been itching to see this movie but due to exams I had to postpone this. Feedback from you guys would be nice but there may be spoilers so be warned. I don't normally write reviews but here goes………

I'll be honest. When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I was like "WTH?"……………Now this isn't a bad thing because I thought it had been a rumor (which now turns out to be true)…Dinosaurs are alive again!!! 12 years after the previous Jurassic Park movie which had me excited and disappointed at the same time (thank you very much Spinosaurus for killing T-Rex which you shouldn't have)…………… Having seen the trailers though the main antagonist surely wasn't going to be that dinosaur on the logo (T-Rex)…………nvm that though I have always associated the logo dinosaur to be the villain. I hate to say this but the trailers did reveal too much of the plot but then again if the movie wanted audiences like Jurassic World wanted tourists, something new had to be done. Of course that didn't mean missing out on the drama, visual scenes, music, mysteries and of course the action booyeah. Now who would wanna miss out on that?

While not yet a masterpiece like Jurassic Park 1 (I think) this movie did bring back my memories as a kid. Before superheroes, science fiction, fantasy and dream partners etc there were dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are what we all admired when we were young (don't lie………you liked dinosaurs when you were kids) and maybe even today but Jurassic World brings the stakes to a whole new level by creating a new one (Frankenstein style)…………………muhahahaha…………never been-seen-before creature from "parents' nightmares" which fits perfectly into the storyline but before that I would like to expand into other details of the movie.

Taking a step into Jurassic World is something I've always wanted to do. If I could I would try to open my own park but as it currently stands I'll need to wait. Too poor atm. Having wide low-angle views across the park made for magnificent sights of what the place would really look like from above. No place else compares (take that SeaWorld, take that Disneyland……jks) Yes I know………just my opinion. Anyways nothing got me more thrilled than the appearance of the Giant Mosasaur especially being part of the audience wearing 3D glasses as if I was actually there which would've made that scene so much better in 4D. The symbolism of little kids riding and hugging baby dinosaurs may still interest public awareness and fascination for these awesome animals. A sign of love and respect for one's childhood indeed. Jurassic World at this time was truly organized in what it represented.

Chris Pratt aka Owen did a marvelous job at portraying his character, a dedicated dinosaur trainer/whisperer who is not only brave at his work but also shows great passion in doing so. Given his role as the protagonist it was hard for him to not steal the spotlight thanks to a good combination of humor and "badassery" which makes up for an important position as the communication link between man and beast. It is this connection that proves to be vital for later on, establishing a special bonding relationship Owen has with his Raptors based on mutual and social respect. I personally didn't find that character development in him………………because he didn't need any.

Bryce Dallas Howard aka Claire didn't really stand out to me in the beginning and was portraying someone who I didn't like (cared only for money and nothing else)……she was simply too clean but when the going got tough……………she adapted and got her hands dirty for once though the scene where she was "supposedly" stripping herself to prove a point in front of Owen was totally unnecessary. At least she did the right thing in the end and stop playing by the book when lives were at stake. The brothers Zach and Gray served very little purpose to the storyline other than being a couple of kids out on adventure and in need of rescue despite being two of the main stars. Good thing they didn't need several people to go die and rescue one kid (cough cough Jurassic Park 3) In some sense however it is through them that the audiences could get a glimpse into unseen territory and herbivorous dinosaurs such as Parasaurophlus, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops………… and maybe some other dinosaur I'm missing.

Now for the "parents' nightmare" aka Indominus Rex or I-Rex for short as you may know is the main antagonist who is slowly revealed to us as the audiences with a good mix of hype and suspense to get our blood pumping……………In fact for the entirety of this movie it got me thinking what creatures it was composed of plus the hints that were given out along the way. Though I got the feeling I-Rex was just an overgrown raptor (not that it's a bad thing because oversized small creatures can be quite dangerous for example if all living beings were of the same size, insects, arachnids and other once-tiny-animals would be the most lethal.) Anyways I-Rex being no ordinary dinosaur would suit the purpose of the story later on as the perfect villain.

I-Rex exhibited all the traits and attributes it needed to be the best survivor it could well within the limits of the natural world, a demanding product of mankind who want things bigger, better and louder…………much like fanboys who prefer a greater movie with greater feats. High standards get set such as Avengers and every superhero movie is compared to such. People just aren't interested in the old anymore as evident in the movie trailer. They want action, not excuses. Ask yourself this question. Would more people have gone to see Jurassic World if it weren't for I-Rex? While a good story is something to enjoy, without action there's no argument to be made. If the new doesn't meet the expectations……………things really get stirred. Whether I-Rex met your expectations or not it was still one helluva monster. It doesn't look scary enough on google images but on the big screen………it does.

This is where the morals of the story come in to punish those who dare play "God" and mess with mother nature and when you do that………well you get the idea. I-Rex's existence is solely for this very purpose but also the result of popular demands from people. A theme park like Jurassic World would obviously be expensive to run and if visitors don't go anymore because they're "bored" and have "seen it all" well……………you know. This exploration is well grounded in human nature and our need for bigger and better but of course when you do that to mother nature it's not such a good idea after all.

Monsters turning against their creators have been a well-known concept in fiction but for Jurassic World it is all about living weapons and survival of the fittest. Jurassic World incorporates this idea as a war is waged between the I-Rex and the rest of the island in a race against time. Years of operating a successful theme park is finally coming to its end and mankind's understanding with mother nature gets tested. The uselessness of firearms, explosives and modern warfare proves useless however It is understood that fighting fire with water isn't the way. You must fight fire with fire and that is where the true heroes come out………………and no the hero isn't Owen or any goddamn human. It is the dinosaurs!!!!!!!!! Dinosaurs are the heroes!!!!!!!!!! Not humans!!!!!!! Dinosaurs aren't and shouldn't be villains!!!!! Get that through your head!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt the battle scene was the most spectacular part of the movie. If T-Rex was going to make a proper appearance in this film it was going to be now. The idea that these prehistoric wonders were turned into monsters by this is wrong. Rather than make this a monster movie as I feared it would have ended up as and have our childhood ruined, Jurassic World did the best thing it could. It turned all the former antagonists Raptor and T-Rex into saviors (The true dinosaurs)………I never believed it would happen………well I did…… Need I remind you a dinosaur movie needs to portray the dinosaurs as the good guys not the bad guys like they previously did. I-Rex simply wasn't a true dinosaur (more like a monstrosity). The true dinosaurs proved how awesome they were against the one who isn't their own. An above expected intelligence and near perfect teamwork is clearly displayed as the "old fashion" resident reigning overlords realize the true threat at hand and unite together against this enemy at a final showdown in a climatic clash of the titans……even the Giant Mosasaur knew who to go after. Towards the end of that scene where I-Rex rises up off the ground after crashing into the pool's edge with dark sinister music (the type of music you'd hear when a powerful evil villain e.g. Darkseid or Darth Sidious is about to do something) in the background builds up suspense right up to the point of the creature's demise. It's even touching to see the last remaining carnivores not attack the humans as a sign of co-existence and respect to one another. At least this time they gave T-Rex the respect it deserved unlike Jurassic Park 3 >:(

The Jurassic World experience was a positive one for me and who can forget the classical Jurassic Park music tunes. It isn't perfect by any means but it is the most entertaining movie so far yet. Needs more blood IMO :P You may agree or disagree with me but we all have our tastes. After seeing Jurassic World, I don't even feel like watching anything else, not even Batman vs Superman. Well I'll go see it for the sake of the battle forums………hehe but in all honesty this was something I've been waiting for a long time and one I won't forget until the day I die. Great references too to nature and hierarchy though scientific inaccuracies were complained about elsewhere I feel no need to worry about that. After all it's just a movie.

That being said. I give this movie a rating of 10/10. The flaws in this movie weren't noticeable enough to me to discredit this film whatsoever. It has made me hyped up for the sequel. :D

Don't worry. My actual formal review is much shorter about 100 words long on the Jurassic World wiki page. Anyways what are your thoughts on this? Like it? Dislike it? Let me know.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Very nice.

Keep up the good work ^_^

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@claymore1998: thank you. agree with my review? anything points particularly different from other reviews?