MK9 vs Injustice

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which was the better game? Better mechanics? Gameplay? Story? Online?

And any other thing? Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

MK9 easily has better gameplay and never played online on either game

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Stalemate for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Injustice because I prefer the blocking in Injustice than MK9(which makes fighting easier in my opinion)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice has Lobo, but I have to admit mk9 can be fun.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice has better fighting mechanics in general, but the net code makes the whole "strict timing" thing online a pain in the ass. Because of this I would say MK9 has better gameplay, but I hate the stiffness of it. MK 9 had a better story in my opinion. I explained the hideous net code so I'll also say MK9 (as much as I hate Mortal Kombat). That being said...I still have way more fun with Injustice. Maybe because I'm a DC fan

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well,considering that Injustice has the best mechanics and easier combos,its the easier of both and more fun to play,since anyone can do the combos,but MK9 has the better and longer story and tag team mode,which should be added to Injustice.So stalemate for me.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vaeternus

The netcode is actually just as bad in other fighters, never played one fighter that didnt lag, freeze or disconnect at some point. Dont care if it's SF, MK or Injustice. That being said, MK9 wasn't that bad online but could have been better, injustice plays better online.

Storyline wise, i liked both equally...

Gameplay, both are solid, deep but just very different and can be played at both a casual or higher level. One thing I personally don't get or feel is necessary in injustice is fact that they have push block and breakers/clash, either is good enough,not sure why they have both when they serve the same purpose essentially. Only difference is clash you can potentially lose or gain health.

I love both Mk and DC, so it's close but probably lean mk a tad more.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice has better gameplay, mechanics, and online. The stories are even in my opinion.

The way I would cut it, MK9 is like an 8, Injustice is an 8.5. MK9 had a lot wrong with it partly because it was NetherRealm's first attempt at making a legitimate fighting game instead of just a gimmicky gore-fest, and while it worked, it wasn't without flaws. Injustice is impressive from a gamer's standpoint because you can see that they learned from their mistakes. It's improved all across the board.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Uncanny_Doom MK9 didn't have a lot wrong with it, if anything MKDC had more issues then MK9...trust me, as a competitive high level player I can tell you this for a fact. MK9 also had patches, hot fixes etc that MKDC never had. They've made solid MK games in the past also(MK2, UMK3) then fell off for a while there with 3D, Midway was rushing them to put out an MK game every 2 years....

Then once Midway died, WB bought them and every game since then has been great(MK9, Injustice etc) and even sold more then MVC3....so that tells you something.

As far as without flaws, there is no game without some flaws but at the end of the day a game is either playable or not and MK and Injustice are both definitely playable. Next year I'm sure both will be at Evo..

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure netcode can be a problem in other games, but trust me when I say Injustice is the worst until it is fixed. The "rollback" mechanic, or whatever it is called, is to blame. My friend and I play pretty much all console fighters, and we don't lag against each other. However Injustice has a severe button delay. It's frustrating inputting a combo to watch a character sand there. Meaning certain tactics are guaranteed murder. I may be biased about this, but when buttons are delayed and Doomsday "Super Skrull" 's (don't know the name of the move) me, I cannot escape in time without burning meter. It's like you can choose to be good offline or online, but not both. Not yet anyway; I'm sure they'll fix it, but for now there is no defending this netcode. Yes it's EVO approved, but it'd be nice to not have to learn two separate timings...three if your opponent actually has poor connection

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice isn't the worst though, if you played DOA, MKDC you'd know they're worse and even MVC3 had issues early on...but like I said, they'll have updates patches etc. Plus, I've noticed while it's overall similar with all 3 consoles, I prefer Xbox in terms of online play...smoother, faster and just better overall. One thing I will say the wake up tech roll should have been done the same as in MK, by tapping back to roll and not using a face button(I don't like this mechanic honestly)

I haven't heard many people complain about button delays in this game, and I must admit I get disconnected a lot less then I have with some other fighters.. Some moves actually are only escapable by meter burning certain moves(it's a tactic) you can also use them to dodge interactables at times...but you'll learn this over time. Well, obviously in ANY fighter online varies from offline, obviously...but you can be good or competitive at both the trick is there's a transition to get used to and what you rely on one, you shouldn't on the other...

I'm sure by next Evo the game will be patched a few times at least, and play even better. WB don't mess around.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Both please and MKDC <3

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK9 was superior in most ways, except Injustice has a way better story and you can actually play online without lagging to death.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice was kind of a let down. Its story was too similar to MK vs DC and I kind of hated that. The match-ups were quite poor. Green Arrow vs Black Adam, Aquaman vs Ares, Deathstroke vs Shazam, Green Arrow vs Grundy etc. MK9 had everything more balanced imo.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares was weakened. Arrow had the pill.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Yet Ares and Wonder Woman can go at it in the lasting stages of the story? There are still characters that never took the pill. I'd say the pill allows every canon match up to tank a supermove at best.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

injustice

street fighter trumps all

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK & Injustice>>>>SF

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK & Injustice>>>>SF

3rd Strike says no

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaeternus

@frogdog,

MK 2 says yes ;)

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

I haven't really gotten enough time with my copy of injustice to really say. I beat story mode but have only played a handful of online matches.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Both are good.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By girth

Both Injustice & MK are good. I do like injustice a bit more, but that is probably my biased since I love superheroes.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dig both games, but MK9's story mode is a bit better than Injustice's. That and the Joker's voice just annoyed me to no end.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog,

MK 2 says yes ;)

Alpha 2 says nope

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By TheGoldenOne

@girth said:

Both Injustice & MK are good. I do like injustice a bit more, but that is probably my biased since I love superheroes.

@grift3r said:

the Joker's voice just annoyed me to no end.

This.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ frogdog, Alpha series sucks compared to even normal SF(just ask any hardcore SF fan) and can't hold a candle to MK2..

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mk players suck compared to sf players I bet most mk players can't perform half of zangeifs combos.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MK9 was waaaaay better. The gameplay online and the story was superior in every way.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno which is better, all I know is that I'm much better at Injustice (I still suck, though :P)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol I can say the same about SF players sucking in MK, that's why they stick to SF.....

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ frogdog, Alpha series sucks compared to even normal SF(just ask any hardcore SF fan) and can't hold a candle to MK2..

Most people would rather play alpha series, compared to every MK game pass 2. Besides

Loading Video...

Still isn't better than 3rd Strike.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Mortal Kombat had a more impressive story mode (at least IMHO) and X-rays never get old, but stage transitions and power moves manage to thrill every single time. I love both.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vaeternus

@frogdog, you must be young.... 3rd Strike is better then any Alpha game.However not more epic then MK2, UMK3 and MK9 are all far more popular then 3rd Strike....Back in the day it was all SF2 and MK2, they defined fighters period...Prior to SSF4 that's all Capcom guys played was 3rd strike. Then Capcom tried 3D SF which failed badly, MK had far more success going 3D then SF did(although the 3D MK's can't hold a lick to the 2D ones, they made far more money then any 3D SF or SF EX)

MK overall is far better then SF from characters development, fatalities, storyline and graphics. Not to mention cooler gameplay that's easy to pick up yet made for the advanced player. Plus, with every MK game, they create new, cool, fun modes to add high replay value unlike Capcom games who rip you off with 10 different versions of the same game no less....

Besides, a lot of people think SF was the first fighting game out yet it's actually not...

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog, you must be young.... 3rd Strike is better then any Alpha game.However not more epic then MK2, UMK3 and MK9 are all far more popular then 3rd Strike....Back in the day it was all SF2 and MK2, they defined fighters period...Prior to SSF4 that's all Capcom guys played was 3rd strike. Then Capcom tried 3D SF which failed badly, MK had far more success going 3D then SF did(although the 3D MK's can't hold a lick to the 2D ones, they made far more money then any 3D SF or SF EX)

MK overall is far better then SF from characters development, fatalities, storyline and graphics. Not to mention cooler gameplay that's easy to pick up yet made for the advanced player. Plus, with every MK game, they create new, cool, fun modes to add high replay value unlike Capcom games who rip you off with 10 different versions of the same game no less....

Besides, a lot of people think SF was the first fighting game out yet it's actually not...

Popularity =/= quality not to mention that 3rd strike is most played game in EVO tournaments, MK9 is the only mortal kombat that made it to EVO. Are you forgetting the Capcom vs series, or other fighting games series like Darkstarklers or Rival school Unlike Midway/NetherRealm Capcom actually has fighting games outside of their main one. You do realise that the 3d street fighter games were made before 3rd strike right? Compared to Tekken, Virtua Fighter Soul Cailbar and DOA neither 3d street fighter or mortal kombat aren't worth talking about. Beside act least Capcom(Well old capcom) can a make games outside of competitive fighting, even a game like the Devil May Cry reboot is more playable than of MK spinoffs.

Who plays fighting games for stories? Then why is it that most players prefer the sf control over MK, hell why do a majority of other fighters follow the sf template over MK? You mean game breaking mechanics, useless gimmicks and pointless padding. You do realise that outside the mainline street fighter series, Capcom only releases one or two versions of their own games, most of them either for balancing the mechanics with new characters or just bring over the arcade version to home consoles. Besides Mortal Kombat isn't above doing the same thing either.

That's because Street fighter is the most popular fighting game, not to mention who actually cares about Karate Champ anyway?

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Close one... I'm loving both but probably leaning towards Injustice atm. I like how you both just get 2 health bars instead of splitting it onto rounds. I'm also liking the way you can smash someone into a different part of the stage. The only thing is MK9 has tag and Injustice doesn't.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaeternus

@ frogdog...actually, no. Over here MK is just as popular if not more then SF, Tekken, SC etc...especially with MK9 and Injustice now....

Karate Champ still defined fighting games or started it I should say in the late 80's....have to give it props as it still was the first fighting game technically. MVC one is nothing(who plays it? lol)...MVC2 is broken and has a ton of infinites (ask any tourney player), it's only played due to the crossover factor at the time having Marvel characters and SF(there was no other crossovers to give it competition). Then you have MVC3 which did bad in comparison and even MK9 sold more, did better....you can look it up if you don't believe me. Even Justin Wong said MVC3 is a button masher at the end of the day compared to MVC2...and that MK9 was deeper.

MK has made Evo too, 3 years straight..any game that makes Evo be it even one year is a great fighter, period. And let's face it sometimes fighting games aren't even a factor compared to FPS's, MMO's etc it's an underground genre that was dying even at one point prior to SF4 and MK9...coming out. Injustice will also be at Evo next year(watch...I'll bet anything on it)

There are other crossovers too though now, Smash, MKDC wasn't a bad game in fact it was going to get patched but Midway went bankrupt so the MK team got screwed as did the fans. MK9 did great, Injustice is doing great. Do you don't need a vs. series to be successful. NRS/MK team has also made games and fighters outside of MK, what are you talking about? Injustice? MKDC? Prior when they were with Midway, let's see here The Grid? NBA Jam? Spyhunter? NARC? Space Invaders(American version), Cruis N series....if anything Midway was known to making more games then Capcom especially back then. Plus, unlike Capcom...NRS isn't nearly as greedy. They just patch, update or have DLC instead of making 10 versions of the same game with more "costumes, characters" charging an arm and a leg 40 bucks each for them...and THEN you have DLC for each of those games...dumb.

This reason alone is why I like NRS and WB better then Capcom....you get more for your money with NRS games.

Also, watch I'll be willing to bet you anything year from now once totals are done Injustice will do better and sell way more then MVC series, hell if MK9 sold more then MVC3 then I'm SURE Injustice will...this is the first DC fighter since JL:Task Force in the early 90's for SNES, so do the math...and we all know there's as many DC fans as there are Marvel (if not more actually) Not sure why you're mentioning DMC, when that's a different genre vs. MK, besides MK unlike Capcom also has made solid outside MK games like MK:SM(and far more fun then DMC, action packed etc) and MK Mythologies Sub-Zero which for the time was a good outside MK game...

Yes, 3D SF was made a while ago, so was MK4? Yet even that game was still better then EX....oh and let's not forget the SF:Movie game lol, which again can't hold a lick to even any 3D MK game....if you look at sales the 3D MK's did good actually, in fact those games while they may not have had many tournaments kept midway alive those few extra years...before WB bought them over...

Outside media wise? MK has spawned FAR more better stuff and been way more successful then anything in SF. All SF has is the Japanese anime which is average at best, it's not DBZ or Cowboy Beebop. The movies sucked royally, MK however has had far better success from the comics, cartoon, the first MK movie, MKC, MK Legacy and now a newer movie coming...not to mention music, gear etc The only thing that was a fail was the second MK movie. SF movies both sucked, there's no plans to revamp it in film either all they have is their crossover series now which is more of a gimmick then anything, and SF....I mean hell, MKL season one had more total views on YT then SF Chun Lee did in the movies box sales(utterly sad)

I'm also sure WB has made far more money off of MK9, Batman, Condemned, Injustice then Capcom has made with SF4, SFxTekken and MVC3.

LOL, what gimmicks? MK was the first fighter unlike cartoony SF to have blood, a good story(btw a lot of people buy games for story FYI and it's far better to have a story that makes sense as to why two different universes are fighting as oppose to "let's just bunch them all in" like lazy Capcom does...awesome side modes we've seen in MK over the years, where as SF has none...the gameplay is good just different then SF so don't know what you're reading there. Yes, obviously any 3D MK or SF can't hold a lick to Tekken, DOA etc but again 3D MK's were still better then 3D SF's...sales and community can attest to that.

And actually, no SF4 had 4 versions...First version came out in 2009, Street Fighter 4, then in 2010 Super Street Fighter 4, SSF4:Arcade Edition then SSF4:3DS Edition released in 2011......each having more DLC that easily tops 100 bucks...each version offering new modes, new DLC etc

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Street_Fighter_IV

The only crossover that people want at this point are two. DC vs. Marvel and MK vs. SF. MK is still doing well and unlike Capcom releasing individual classic games, NRS released MKK having 3 games at once for 10 bucks which is a steal as oppose to Cashcom charging 30 bucks for one classic game...*yawn*

MK>>>>>SF overall on this side of the World, asia doesn't play american games be it MK, GTA or Halo...and like I said again, overall media wise MK stomps SF..