Midi-chlorians

Maxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Maxie

In the 13 years since they've been introduced, midi-chlorians have rarely been explored. Here's what we know.

Anakin Skywalker- Over 20,000 Source: The Phantom Menace, 1999

Yoda (fake)- 4,000,000 Source: The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, 2006

Average Human- 2,000- 2,500 Source: Death Star (novel), 2007

Nova Stihl- 5,000 Source: Death Star (novel), 2007

Most Force-Sensitives- Under 15,000 Source: The Tenebrous Way, 2011

Based on these observations, lets make some educated guesses.

Count Dooku- 11,000

Revan- 13,000

Mace Windu- 12,500

Yoda- 14,000

Luke Skywalker- Over 20,000

Kyp Durron- 13,700

Palpatine- 15,000

Vitiate- 14,500

Darth Bane- 13,500

Exar Kun- 12,700

Darth Plagueis- 13,600

Ben Skywalker- Over 20,000

Mara Jade Skywalker- 11,500

Leia Organa Solo- Over 20,000

Anakin Solo- Over 20,000

Jacen Solo- 17,500

Jaina Solo- 17,500

Darth Maul-12,000

Kajin Savaros- 18,000

Starkiller-18,000

Cade Skywalker- 20,000

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

????? Is this a story or a statement?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@4donkeyjohnson said:

????? Is this a story or a statement?

Going to go with statement. Had to google search this...Microscopic beings which are attracted by the force...

I'm going with off topic section...

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This is very interesting, but a bit confusing at the same time. I used to be a Star Wars fanatic, but my knowledge has grown fuzzy from years of inactivity in the series.

Care to explain for me?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By minigunman123

Midi-chlorians are basically the things that make people able to use the force. Higher count in your blood, more control over the force; Anakin was supposedly one of the most force-sensitive beings of his time, and possibly in Jedi/Sith history; that much is stated in the prequels.

I think your count for Revan is a bit off since he was arguably one of if not the most powerful beings in his time and in all history in regards to the force, Malek (I believe that's how you spell his name.... I've not played KotOR in a long time, much to my chagrin) being even less powerful despite his obvious powerlust and ability to distort people's minds and direct the force as raw power at his will. Revan was one of the greats.

As well, I'm not 100% sure that games and books are actually canon, it depends on if we're using an expanded universe; if we're going just by the movies, Leia might as well have 0 midi chlorians based on what we see of her. If we're going by books, I unfortunately haven't read many, and none that mention anything significant about Leia being a powerful force user, especially more powerful than Yoda, which I find hard to swallow having not read it previously in a book.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xanni15

I have a question, were midi-chlorians around "before" Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace or were they essentially created to explain Anakin's birth?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By minigunman123

@Xanni15 said:

I have a question, were midi-chlorians around "before" Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace or were they essentially created to explain Anakin's birth?

Conceptually, I don't think they were discussed prior to Episode I, but canonically they've always been around, since they are what make people force-sensitive.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xanni15

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Conceptually, I don't think they were discussed prior to Episode I, but canonically they've always been around, since they are what make people force-sensitive.

Thanks. So were they then a way for Anakin's birth to be explained?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By JamesKM716

@Maxie: Some of those counts are definitly off, Revan's wouldn't be that high, and definitly not higher than Mace Windu's and others.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By minigunman123

@JamesKM716 said:

@Maxie: Some of those counts are definitly off, Revan's wouldn't be that high, and definitly not higher than Mace Windu's and others.

I'd strongly disagree with you there, it just feels and seems like he'd be much more powerful than the average Jedi Master; it was similar to Palpatine in some ways, a Jedi strike force is sent to take him down, and stuff happens. I bet Revan could've taken the group of Jedi rather nicely, he did away with his old apprentice, who brought the Jedi Masters of Dantooine under his control and torment...

@Xanni15 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

I honestly have no idea about Anakin's birth. You'd have to ask Jedixman about that one.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JamesKM716

@minigunman123: Mace isn't an average Jedi master though. He was the Master of the Order. (Different than Grandmaster) And he was one of the best duelists.

If i were to guess, i'd suggest 11,000 for Revan. 12,000 or a bit more for Mace Windu.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By minigunman123

@JamesKM716 said:

@minigunman123: Mace isn't an average Jedi master though. He was the Master of the Order. (Different than Grandmaster) And he was one of the best duelists.

If i were to guess, i'd suggest 11,000 for Revan. 12,000 or a bit more for Mace Windu.

IMO, this is a bit like comparing Captain America to Iron Man; one has more power, one has better skill, both are dangerous and deadly.

Revan is Iron Man here, Captain America (on steroids) is Mace Windu. Mace never showed a ton of force abilities in the movies, in fact almost none; but I haven't read books involving him, so I can't say much about him in the extended universe. All I can say is, from the game with Revan in it, and the movies themselves, Mace Windu seems like a much weaker opponent than Revan.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Everything in the OP is wrong. Absolutely wrong. Pure fan-fiction rubbish.

No, seriously. It's fan fiction written by a guy named SuperShadow.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

It's hinted that Plagueis (possibly with Palpatine) did it. It's hinted more strongly in the Darth Plagueis novel.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JamesKM716

@minigunman123: There was a entire game based on Revan, of course theirs going to be more evidence of his Force Abilities. But that doesn't make Revan more powerful.

Am i wrong?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan said:

Yep. And it's abysmally ridiculous. Naga Sadow and Ventress having less Midi-Chlorians than an average Jedi, and Grievous having more than Mace Windu. LOL.

@JamesKM716: Are you wrong on what? Honestly, I hate the entire concept of Midi-chlorians.

@minigunman123 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

IMO, this is a bit like comparing Captain America to Iron Man; one has more power, one has better skill, both are dangerous and deadly.

Revan is Iron Man here, Captain America (on steroids) is Mace Windu. Mace never showed a ton of force abilities in the movies, in fact almost none; but I haven't read books involving him, so I can't say much about him in the extended universe. All I can say is, from the game with Revan in it, and the movies themselves, Mace Windu seems like a much weaker opponent than Revan.

Overrating Revan, much? Mace Windu > Revan.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xanni15

@JediXMan:

Thanks. So were they mentioned before Episode 1 came out?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

*gasp*

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@JediXMan:

No.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: LOL, that again.

Even Silver said so. Ahem.

@JediXMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

It's hinted that Plagueis (possibly with Palpatine) did it. It's hinted more strongly in the Darth Plagueis novel.

Yeah, Plagueis and Palpatine accidentally did that. Plagueis wanted to create something for the Dark Side, the Force objected or something akin and instead creating Anakin. If I recall correctly, which may be poorly given how stressed my mind currently is.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: LOL, that again.

Even Silver said so. Ahem.

Hush! I will not hear any more of this blasphemy!

@ShootingNova said:

Yeah, Plagueis and Palpatine accidentally did that. Plagueis wanted to create something for the Dark Side, the Force objected or something akin and instead creating Anakin. If I recall correctly, which may be poorly given how stressed my mind currently is.

Something like that. I've been meaning to re-read Plagueis. I might do that one day. But right now, I'm far too preoccupied with other matters.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xanni15

@JediXMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

@JediXMan:

No.

So do you think at the time they were just an easy way to explain Anakin's birth?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JamesKM716

@ShootingNova: I was asking if i was wrong about Mace being better than Revan, which i wasn't so yeah, thanks!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I can't do much currently.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716 said:

@ShootingNova: I was asking if i was wrong about Mace being better than Revan, which i wasn't so yeah, thanks!

LOL, being 'better" is opinion-based. I think you mean more powerful? From current feats, certainly.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JamesKM716

@ShootingNova: Same difference. But yeah, you know what i mean. Thanks

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@JediXMan said:

@Xanni15 said:

@JediXMan:

No.

So do you think at the time they were just an easy way to explain Anakin's birth?

I think George Lucas is an overall terrible writer and director. The lazy midi chlorians excuse is just one example of this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: No problem.

@JediXMan said:

I think George Lucas is an overall terrible writer and director.

Definitely.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By minigunman123

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan said:

Yep. And it's abysmally ridiculous. Naga Sadow and Ventress having less Midi-Chlorians than an average Jedi, and Grievous having more than Mace Windu. LOL.

@JamesKM716: Are you wrong on what? Honestly, I hate the entire concept of Midi-chlorians.

@minigunman123 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

OK, but can you show me an instance where Mace Windu proved he had amazing force talents and skills/abilities? I Specifically said I don't know of any since I didn't read almost any books. Blindly stating one over the other doesn't really help anyone :P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@minigunman123:

Revan has some decent Force feats, actually. Mace is just a far superior duelist.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@minigunman123: Like?

Mace has clear superiority in saber combat, to the point of a stomp. He also possesses Shatterpoint, which could potentially turn it into an even greater stomp.

Mace's general TK feats are probably better than Revan's durasteel door opening. Which is his only TK feat, sadly.

Revan's "Oneness" (which was an abysmal interpretation in the Revan novel, Karphyshyn definitely just wrote gobbledygook) seems to only be applicable if his mind/will is getting assaulted. He did mention a technique to save himself from being mind-dominated.

Othewise, Revan's feats are of an average Jedi Master's, as best.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

Mace's general TK feats are probably better than Revan's durasteel door opening. Which is his only TK feat, sadly.

Eh... that's debatable.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: Which is why I said "probably". Revan's also failed when he pushed the Guard, he drew on the Emperor's power and Revan's shove hardly pushed him back one step.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: Which is why I said "probably". Revan's also failed when he pushed the Guard, he drew on the Emperor's power and Revan's shove hardly pushed him back one step.

Which I think was a plus for Vitiate's (I will not call him Emperor) general power than Revan's lack of prowess.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: LOL, IMHO, Palpatine is the only Emperor.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: LOL, IMHO, Palpatine is the only Emperor.

Hear, hear.

Well, Palpatine and...

This guy!
This guy!
kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By kuonphobos

They eviscerated my childhood the nasty little buggers!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: Legacy Era sucks. I hate Roan Fel :D

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers