#1  Edited By TazzMission
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

Your title is a little deceptive, isn't it? I mean, it says that they might do it, not that they will ;)

Anyways, if Microsoft managed to acquire EA......damn.....that means that they would acquire a lot of money. Think about every major sports franchise only on Xbox consoles, year after year. Then there's all the other games that EA makes/publishes, like Burnout, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, etc.

I'm a little doubtful, but if anyone could buy EA at this point, it would be Microsoft (and possibly to a lesser extent, Nintendo).

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
"Your title is a little deceptive, isn't it? I mean, it says that they might do it, not that they will ;)

Anyways, if Microsoft managed to acquire EA......damn.....that means that they would acquire a lot of money. Think about every major sports franchise only on Xbox consoles, year after year. Then there's all the other games that EA makes/publishes, like Burnout, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, etc.

I'm a little doubtful, but if anyone could buy EA at this point, it would be Microsoft (and possibly to a lesser extent, Nintendo).

"

im pretty sure its a done deal because usualy when microsoft says otherwise they end up doing what is reported. i like the ps3 dont get me wrong but seriously if ms does buy ea ps3 is dead because todays games are basicly multiconsole
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
"im pretty sure its a done deal because usualy when microsoft says otherwise they end up doing what is reported. i like the ps3 dont get me wrong but seriously if ms does buy ea ps3 is dead because todays games are basicly multiconsole "
Nah, the PS3 wouldn't die.....EA has a big market, but the PS3 still has million sellers and a pretty faithful fanbase (God of War is going to sell a copy for every person and their dog!). EA is huge. Why would they sell themselves to MS? They don't really have a reason to. They're still selling massive amounts of titles, and being limited to one console would reduce their income after the initial buy price. I actually don't see this happening.

I dunno about the "when Micrsoft says otherwise thing".....I mean, for a while, a lot of people thought that Microsoft was going to put out a handheld console and years later, they still haven't done it :l
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ARMIV

Sheesh!
Who isn't being (or rumored to be) bought out?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
"im pretty sure its a done deal because usualy when microsoft says otherwise they end up doing what is reported. i like the ps3 dont get me wrong but seriously if ms does buy ea ps3 is dead because todays games are basicly multiconsole "
Nah, the PS3 wouldn't die.....EA has a big market, but the PS3 still has million sellers and a pretty faithful fanbase (God of War is going to sell a copy for every person and their dog!). EA is huge. Why would they sell themselves to MS? They don't really have a reason to. They're still selling massive amounts of titles, and being limited to one console would reduce their income after the initial buy price. I actually don't see this happening.  I dunno about the "when Micrsoft says otherwise thing".....I mean, for a while, a lot of people thought that Microsoft was going to put out a handheld console and years later, they still haven't done it :l "

if i cam to you 4 months aggo and said disney buys marvel alot of people would chuckle but it happened. and apparently ms also own rare wich i just found out today
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

Microsoft already reported earlier today that there was no truth behind this at all

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TazzMission
@danhimself said:
"Microsoft already reported earlier today that there was no truth behind this at all "

ea said the same thing when rumors of them buying bioware surrfaced and well guess what they did
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
"if i cam to you 4 months aggo and said disney buys marvel alot of people would chuckle but it happened. and apparently ms also own rare wich i just found out today "
Well, Disney buying Marvel is much more logical. They don't limit themselves or their audience, but MS and EA would.

Yeah, MS bought Rare back in 2003, I think, for $5 Million, I believe. I was sad-I wanted Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark on Nintendo system.
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
"if i cam to you 4 months aggo and said disney buys marvel alot of people would chuckle but it happened. and apparently ms also own rare wich i just found out today "
Well, Disney buying Marvel is much more logical. They don't limit themselves or their audience, but MS and EA would.  Yeah, MS bought Rare back in 2003, I think, for $5 Million, I believe. I was sad-I wanted Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark on Nintendo system. "

ok but lets say this is true sony my have to start pumping new ideas for ps3 exclusives. think about it we could possibly look at a nes vs sega era again but with 360 and ps3. im just saying anything can happen. take a look at wb they bought midway who owns mk
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
" @Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
Well, Disney buying Marvel is much more logical. They don't limit themselves or their audience, but MS and EA would.  Yeah, MS bought Rare back in 2003, I think, for $5 Million, I believe. I was sad-I wanted Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark on Nintendo system. "
ok but lets say this is true sony my have to start pumping new ideas for ps3 exclusives. think about it we could possibly look at a nes vs sega era again but with 360 and ps3. im just saying anything can happen. take a look at wb they bought midway who owns mk "
It's still not the same though, you know? EA would not go over to MS without a serious fight, and everyone would know about it. There wouldn't be a question of if. By coming under MS control, they'd be limiting themselves to, like, 1/5 of their previous audience. Of course, anything could happen, like you said, so who knows? I'm doubtful, but anything is a possibility.

WB buying Midway was smart. Midway was pretty much bankrupt. WB has the means to market anything 10x better than Midway, so the next MK game might sell a ton of copies (well, more than MK Vs. DC, maybe).
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@danhimself said:
" Microsoft already reported earlier today that there was no truth behind this at all "
oh yeah
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
" @Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
ok but lets say this is true sony my have to start pumping new ideas for ps3 exclusives. think about it we could possibly look at a nes vs sega era again but with 360 and ps3. im just saying anything can happen. take a look at wb they bought midway who owns mk "
It's still not the same though, you know? EA would not go over to MS without a serious fight, and everyone would know about it. There wouldn't be a question of if. By coming under MS control, they'd be limiting themselves to, like, 1/5 of their previous audience. Of course, anything could happen, like you said, so who knows? I'm doubtful, but anything is a possibility.  WB buying Midway was smart. Midway was pretty much bankrupt. WB has the means to market anything 10x better than Midway, so the next MK game might sell a ton of copies (well, more than MK Vs. DC, maybe). "
people look at it as bad but imo i think sony may rebound if it happens cause think most titles are multiconsole so basicly both wII and ps3 would have to think ok either we merge together or come up with something new. and dont forget ea is in california wich is bankrupt so the ressecion is the factor at play
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
" people look at it as bad but imo i think sony may rebound if it happens cause think most titles are multiconsole so basicly both wII and ps3 would have to think ok either we merge together or come up with something new. and dont forget ea is in california wich is bankrupt so the ressecion is the factor at play "
Nintendo wouldn't have to really to anything. They are absolutely dominating the market right now. The Wii and DS, combined, are blowing everything else out of the water, and have been for pretty much always since it's release (except for a few times when there was a lull and the PS3 sold more, which was a month of two). EA has a lot of different sections. The core might be in California, but they have a lot of different other departments that are getting income as well.

A merger between Sony and Nintendo would be simultaneously frightening and awe-inspiring. If any of the big three gaming companies merged with eachother, they would be a borderline unstoppable juggernaut.
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TazzMission

listen to what this poster says from ign 

If MS were able to purchase EA, which they obviously do have the money to do, then it will be a HUGE step forward for all things Microsoft. It would benifit EA in a way to have a merged advertising team ( a huge amount of money goes into advertising AAA titles ) aswell as EA no longer having the have teams dedicated to porting games to different systems. Madden as an Xbox360 Exclusive would be monumental, and the loss of PS3 sales of the game would partially be made up by increased sales of the 360 and it's increase in hardware sales due to the title. Also this would be a giant step forward for Natal, as EA has been successful on the Wii with titles like Bloombox, and have the resources to take such development routes. I would expect EA to still make mobile games for all mobile platforms ( excluding the PSP of course ) but I would guess they would take a MUCH bigger place in Window's Mobile. I would expect a very large amount of titles to make the move to Windows Mobile 7 when it's launched in February ( 6.5 comes out in October ) as it does have a hardware profile requirment similar to Microsft's Pink Project ( Qualcomm Snapdragon, Tegra, ARM Cortex A9x2, etc..).

The move makes complete sense and could be seen as something planned. Microsoft has been making moves out of firt party development and EA fills that gap in nearly if not every genre of game. Microsoft can keep it's in house quality titles from Lionhead and Rare but have a much larger presence in the gaming community with EA's lineup as exclusive first party. Currently Microsoft does amazing with 3rd party exclusives, but there is no denying that Sony's in house development far surpases Microsoft's in quantity and possibly even quality, this is something that is neccessary for Microsoft to take the dominant role in the console market.    
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
" listen to what this poster says from ign    If MS were able to purchase EA, which they obviously do have the money to do, then it will be a HUGE step forward for all things Microsoft. It would benifit EA in a way to have a merged advertising team ( a huge amount of money goes into advertising AAA titles ) aswell as EA no longer having the have teams dedicated to porting games to different systems. Madden as an Xbox360 Exclusive would be monumental, and the loss of PS3 sales of the game would partially be made up by increased sales of the 360 and it's increase in hardware sales due to the title. Also this would be a giant step forward for Natal, as EA has been successful on the Wii with titles like Bloombox, and have the resources to take such development routes. I would expect EA to still make mobile games for all mobile platforms ( excluding the PSP of course ) but I would guess they would take a MUCH bigger place in Window's Mobile. I would expect a very large amount of titles to make the move to Windows Mobile 7 when it's launched in February ( 6.5 comes out in October ) as it does have a hardware profile requirment similar to Microsft's Pink Project ( Qualcomm Snapdragon, Tegra, ARM Cortex A9x2, etc..).The move makes complete sense and could be seen as something planned. Microsoft has been making moves out of firt party development and EA fills that gap in nearly if not every genre of game. Microsoft can keep it's in house quality titles from Lionhead and Rare but have a much larger presence in the gaming community with EA's lineup as exclusive first party. Currently Microsoft does amazing with 3rd party exclusives, but there is no denying that Sony's in house development far surpases Microsoft's in quantity and possibly even quality, this is something that is neccessary for Microsoft to take the dominant role in the console market.     "
Eh. It's this dude's opinion. He/she is ignoring the sales of games on Nintendo platforms as well, and just focusing on the PS3/PSP. EA would lose massive amounts of money if they couldn't make games on Nintendo platforms, in addition the the loss of PS3/PSP games. Downgrading just to one platform instead of five seems to me to be a big loss of money. I don't see EA going along with this, and if they did fight it (ala Take-Two's rejection of EA's takeover), then I'm pretty sure we'd all know for sure by now.

Call me out if it does happen, but I am doubtful.
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
" listen to what this poster says from ign    If MS were able to purchase EA, which they obviously do have the money to do, then it will be a HUGE step forward for all things Microsoft. It would benifit EA in a way to have a merged advertising team ( a huge amount of money goes into advertising AAA titles ) aswell as EA no longer having the have teams dedicated to porting games to different systems. Madden as an Xbox360 Exclusive would be monumental, and the loss of PS3 sales of the game would partially be made up by increased sales of the 360 and it's increase in hardware sales due to the title. Also this would be a giant step forward for Natal, as EA has been successful on the Wii with titles like Bloombox, and have the resources to take such development routes. I would expect EA to still make mobile games for all mobile platforms ( excluding the PSP of course ) but I would guess they would take a MUCH bigger place in Window's Mobile. I would expect a very large amount of titles to make the move to Windows Mobile 7 when it's launched in February ( 6.5 comes out in October ) as it does have a hardware profile requirment similar to Microsft's Pink Project ( Qualcomm Snapdragon, Tegra, ARM Cortex A9x2, etc..).The move makes complete sense and could be seen as something planned. Microsoft has been making moves out of firt party development and EA fills that gap in nearly if not every genre of game. Microsoft can keep it's in house quality titles from Lionhead and Rare but have a much larger presence in the gaming community with EA's lineup as exclusive first party. Currently Microsoft does amazing with 3rd party exclusives, but there is no denying that Sony's in house development far surpases Microsoft's in quantity and possibly even quality, this is something that is neccessary for Microsoft to take the dominant role in the console market.     "
Eh. It's this dude's opinion. He/she is ignoring the sales of games on Nintendo platforms as well, and just focusing on the PS3/PSP. EA would lose massive amounts of money if they couldn't make games on Nintendo platforms, in addition the the loss of PS3/PSP games. Downgrading just to one platform instead of five seems to me to be a big loss of money. I don't see EA going along with this, and if they did fight it (ala Take-Two's rejection of EA's takeover), then I'm pretty sure we'd all know for sure by now. Call me out if it does happen, but I am doubtful. "

nintendo is only winning in hardware andthe ps3 is up do to the slim retaling at $2,99 as crappy a 360 can be with the rrod( red ring of death) and i own a 360 and slim ps3 but lets be real the only exclusives ps3 has is uncharted and god of war . ms has a mgs game exlusivley to them and ffxIII is for both systems
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
"nintendo is only winning in hardware andthe ps3 is up do to the slim retaling at $2,99 as crappy a 360 can be with the rrod( red ring of death) and i own a 360 and slim ps3 but lets be real the only exclusives ps3 has is uncharted and god of war . ms has a mgs game exlusivley to them and ffxIII is for both systems "
Uh.....the PS3 has a MGS game exclusive to it as well. In addition, they have the exclusive new PSP game (Peace Walker). The 360 will get one, but it won't sell as much as MGS4, since it's not a main title in the franchise.

The PS3 also has two other exclusive FF games (FFXIII Vs, and Agito, I believe), as well as FFXIV. There's also Uncharted, God of War (as you mentioned), Killzone, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, and if they wanted to, Sly Cooper and Jak (and Infamous sold pretty well too, IIRC).

When Nintendo is selling so much on hardware, they're software sales don't matter as much. Plus.....Nintendo still has plenty of games that sell millions. If they aren't winning in software, then they are very close. Don't forget that the Wii and the 360 are both also having price drops......I don't see your point about the PS3 Slim dropping. That's probably going to help them a lot.
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
"nintendo is only winning in hardware andthe ps3 is up do to the slim retaling at $2,99 as crappy a 360 can be with the rrod( red ring of death) and i own a 360 and slim ps3 but lets be real the only exclusives ps3 has is uncharted and god of war . ms has a mgs game exlusivley to them and ffxIII is for both systems "
Uh.....the PS3 has a MGS game exclusive to it as well. In addition, they have the exclusive new PSP game (Peace Walker). The 360 will get one, but it won't sell as much as MGS4, since it's not a main title in the franchise.  The PS3 also has two other exclusive FF games (FFXIII Vs, and Agito, I believe), as well as FFXIV. There's also Uncharted, God of War (as you mentioned), Killzone, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, and if they wanted to, Sly Cooper and Jak (and Infamous sold pretty well too, IIRC). When Nintendo is selling so much on hardware, they're software sales don't matter as much. Plus.....Nintendo still has plenty of games that sell millions. If they aren't winning in software, then they are very close. Don't forget that the Wii and the 360 are both also having price drops......I don't see your point about the PS3 Slim dropping. That's probably going to help them a lot. "

the ps3 is what made ps3 salse jump not go down. it went up 5% and i will say thats good cause i admit im a sony fan also. the reason why wii is doing numbers like mad is because honestly hardware and kids games. the only mature game that came to wii was manhunt 2 and mk armageddon. btw november has gow 3 demo coming
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
"the ps3 is what made ps3 salse jump not go down."
......What?

@TazzMission said:
"the only mature game that came to wii was manhunt 2 and mk armageddon."
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Mad-World
House of The Dead 2 & 3 Returns
House of The Dead Overkill
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

And a few more (Far Cry) are all rated M.

@TazzMission said:
"btw november has gow 3 demo coming "
Yeah, I just read that on 1up. I want to play it, but I don't have a PS3 (hoping to get one soon for Uncharted).
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
"the ps3 is what made ps3 salse jump not go down."
......What?

@TazzMission said:
"the only mature game that came to wii was manhunt 2 and mk armageddon."
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Mad-World
House of The Dead 2 & 3 Returns
House of The Dead Overkill
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

And a few more (Far Cry) are all rated M.

@TazzMission said:
"btw november has gow 3 demo coming "
Yeah, I just read that on 1up. I want to play it, but I don't have a PS3 (hoping to get one soon for Uncharted). "

did you read about the emulator of dreamcast for ps3?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sparda
@TazzMission said:
"did you read about the emulator of dreamcast for ps3? "
Yep. Sounds cool. Maybe I'll actually be able to play Shenmue!
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TazzMission
@Sparda said:
" @TazzMission said:
"did you read about the emulator of dreamcast for ps3? "
Yep. Sounds cool. Maybe I'll actually be able to play Shenmue! "

mk gold for me
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not to mention EA and its branches are one of the largest developers of PC games for both Windows, Mac and other platforms.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TazzMission
@CATMANEXE said:
"not to mention EA and its branches are one of the largest developers of PC games for both Windows, Mac and other platforms. "
and microsoft is a pc developer so imagine that
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TazzMission said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
"not to mention EA and its branches are one of the largest developers of PC games for both Windows, Mac and other platforms. "
and microsoft is a pc developer so imagine that "
so imagine what? it already got called out, the article stated itself its an intenet runor, and then current events stated this
straight from both sources mouths.

@danhimself said:
" Microsoft already reported earlier today that there was no truth behind this at all "
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TazzMission
@CATMANEXE said:
" @TazzMission said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
so imagine what? it already got called out, the article stated itself its an intenet runor, and then current events stated this

@danhimself said:
"

trust me man its not a rumor. hell when mk vs dcu popped up online people thought it was fake
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Dreadmaster

Who ever thinks this is happening should get a reality check. seriously!

Fatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fatal
@TazzMission said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" @TazzMission said:
" @CATMANEXE said:

@danhimself said:
"
trust me man its not a rumor. hell when mk vs dcu popped up online people thought it was fake "
It is a rumor. Not only would this move be a waste of money, but neither company would benefit from it at all.
Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Every thing Microsoft touches turns to crap. Now the best sports video games (NCAA Football, Madden, FIFA, etc) will be ruined by Microsoft!
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TazzMission
@Chocolate Lantern said:
"Every thing Microsoft touches turns to crap. Now the best sports video games (NCAA Football, Madden, FIFA, etc) will be ruined by Microsoft! "

i wouldnt go that far. i will admit some games are terrible but you goda give ms some form of credability for games like mass effect, halo (i hate) but big ups to them, the problam is the workers who make 97% games multi console