Michael B. Jordan As Human Torch. Thoughts?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nelomaxwell

What do you think comic vine? (Wait's for some one to talk about tradition of fictional characters that they don't own.)

I think it's gonna be great. He's charismatic, good looking and is probably going to play a damn good Johnny Storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

***Oh god it be so terrible cuz he black***

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm alright with him. He'll pretty much just be playing his character from Chronicle.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

First off, why do they want to make another crappy FF movie?

Secondly, I am curious if this Johnny will be Sue's brother, as that raises some fun questions.

Other than that, eh I don't really care. I've only seen him in Chronicle and he was pretty forgettable.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By LyraFay

Hey let them shake it up a bit, if that the vision they're going for then let them have it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

I'm alright with him. He'll pretty much just be playing his character from Chronicle.

This ^

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Transformers1024

Duuuuuuuuuuumb. I hate it. For all I care they can let Doom be a crazy ex-girlfriend of Reeds now.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As long as he does a good job portraying Johnny, I don't care about the rest

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

He's my favorite casting out of the bunch.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he will be interesting as the human torch.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad actor, but not a good one either.

I would prefer Ryan Gosling for the part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Not a bad actor, but not a good one either.

I would prefer Ryan Gosling for the part.

Ryan Gosling makes less sense than casting this guy. At least Jordan can play this type of character.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cloakx14

i'm a lookin foward to who they cast as dr. doom though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By daredevil21134

Silly

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a decent actor. He should do a good job. This casting choice actually makes me more excited for this movie.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I agree with the Chronicle points, The whole casting seems odd to me though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't give my normal "I don't like him being HT because it's not sticking to the source material" complaint since people will call me racist (even though that's not what racism is) so I'll just say that out of the 4 casting calls they've revealed MBJ was the best decision they made because the other three, though sticking to the source, are just horrible horrible horrible choices. Not sure if this movie will be worth my money honestly. And this complaint says a lot because I have yet to complain about any upcoming movie! Even MOS2:BvS!

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have zero hope for this film and not because of the cast( i only know of jordan and ziltch about the others) but if you look at the track record we already have had 3 terrible ff films. they dont have a great track record to be a live action film and if fox really wants to do a property with them they should do a animated tv series

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonez_

@farkam: Maybe...

But I would still prefer an actor with talent over one which I haven't seen anything that good from at all.

You also can't base an actor on past roles, you have no idea that Gosling can't play a Johnny Storm type character just cause you haven't seen him play one yet. That's like saying Bryan Cranston was a bad choice for Breaking Bad because he hasn't played a drug kingpin before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@farkam: Maybe...

But I would still prefer an actor with talent over one which I haven't seen anything that good from at all.

You also can't base an actor on past roles, you have no idea that Gosling can't play a Johnny Storm type character just cause you haven't seen him play one yet. That's like saying Bryan Cranston was a bad choice for Breaking Bad because he hasn't played a drug kingpin before.

Yes you can, though it isn't always accurate.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CF12793

@erik said:

Secondly, I am curious if this Johnny will be Sue's brother, as that raises some fun questions.

Other than that, eh I don't really care. I've only seen him in Chronicle and he was pretty forgettable.

Yeah, I'm kind of confused as well as to why they're making another FF movie. It isn't like they've had a successful history. I mean, those movies were like a cancer. (And of course there's Roger Corman's Fantastic 4 which makes those films look like the first 2 Godfather films in comparison.)

Really, if Fox was smart they would sell the FF rights back to Marvel and directly do an Silver Surfer/Galactus space opera. I think everyone would be on board with that more than FF.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@erik said:

Yeah, I'm kind of confused as well as to why they're making another FF movie. It isn't like they've had a successful history. I mean, those movies were like a cancer. (And of course there's Roger Corman's Fantastic 4 which makes those films look like the first 2 Godfather films in comparison.)

Really, if Fox was smart they would sell the FF rights back to Marvel and directly do an Silver Surfer/Galactus space opera. I think everyone would be on board with that more than FF.

Why?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@cf12793: @farkam: If we can base the upcoming movie's quality on the previous films, I might consider taking up drinking again.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I read the title I thought you were talking about the basketball player Michael Jordan, and he had a middle name beginning with B that I didn't know about.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CF12793

@farkam: For me personally it's because they've already made Fantastic 4 movies and they weren't that good. They should try to move on to something abit different.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@erik said:

@cf12793: @farkam: If we can base the upcoming movie's quality on the previous films, I might consider taking up drinking again.

:D

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Going by that logic, our new Human Torch will rub tanning lotion on his whang? Nah bro.

Just because Jordan said a few more punch lines in the past than Gosling doesn't mean he is more capable of saying jokes in the future, because the actors don't write the dialogue. Anytime Jordan said something funny, it isn't because he is more capable of being a comedic actor, it's because the script given to him had jokes in it.

Gosling has more impressive acting feats IMO and I don't think saying jokes (that were already written for him) shouldn't be too difficult for him. He has portrayed guys with swag too. Watch Gangster Squad.

I also don't want to sound racist, but Gosling does actually look the part a lot. That does matter to some people.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For a moment i thought this Michael Jordan was the NBA legend.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen chronicle but apparently he is a good actor so yeah I'm interested, but unordered for to judge weather the movie will be good or bad I need to see a trailer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@farkam: Going by that logic, our new Human Torch will rub tanning lotion on his whang? Nah bro.

Just because Jordan said a few more punch lines in the past than Gosling doesn't mean he is more capable of saying jokes in the future, because the actors don't write the dialogue. Anytime Jordan said something funny, it isn't because he is more capable of being a comedic actor, it's because the script given to him had jokes in it.

Gosling has more impressive acting feats IMO and I don't think saying jokes (that were already written for him) shouldn't be too difficult for him. He has portrayed guys with swag too. Watch Gangster Squad.

I also don't want to sound racist, but Gosling does actually look the part a lot. That does matter to some people.

What are you on about?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By w0nd

I don't see a need for it. Looking the part of the MAJOR character youre playing does mean something to me, but what ever nothing to get mad or lose sleep over. something was made that I probably wont like, I wont be going on a rant about how my childhood is ruined because if something like this ruins my childhood it probably wasn't that good to begin with

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Ah don't like it. This crap is getting stupid.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

My general belief is that it's ok to make significant changes to minor characters, but not to major ones. The creator of that character drew and wrote him/her in a certain way, and that character has history and fans and stores that should all be respected. If you want to make major changes, just make a new character.

So yeah I disagree here, not just because they're changing the race of a major character, but they're also now changing the whole relationship of that character with another one... his sister. The whole team dynamic is now different. Also, I'm not even getting into the whole thing of making them younger, which again I disagree with.

This has the signs of being another bomb of a movie.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonez_
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He was great in Space Jam!

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bushwhacker_

My general belief is that it's ok to make significant changes to minor characters, but not to major ones. The creator of that character drew and wrote him/her in a certain way, and that character has history and fans and stores that should all be respected. If you want to make major changes, just make a new character.

So yeah I disagree here, not just because they're changing the race of a major character, but they're also now changing the whole relationship of that character with another one... his sister. The whole team dynamic is now different. Also, I'm not even getting into the whole thing of making them younger, which again I disagree with.

This has the signs of being another bomb of a movie.

Took the words right out of my mouth, bro.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would love to have Jack O'Connell as Reed Richards. He's a superb actor and very good looking might I add.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG another sh!ty FF movie coming out. Is human torch even black in the comics? Or are they doing it just for racial equality?

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bushwhacker_

OMG another sh!ty FF movie coming out. Is human torch even black in the comics? Or are they doing it just for racial equality?

He's always been white. So, it pretty much makes no sense at all.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kgb725

If people's worst gripes are that hes black maybe its not so bad

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Yup, racism as expected. Stay classy, gents.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy that's playing Ben Grimm thou.....

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bushwhacker_

@texasdeathmatch said:

Yup, racism as expect. Stay classy, gents.

What? You really think that's racist?

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushwhacker_: If you're upset with a talent choice because of the color of his skin, then yes, that's racist.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch: So if you complain about a Caucasian guy playing a Chinese soldier during the 1300s, it's racist?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can he slam dunk fireballs on Dr Dooms face?

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushwhacker_: If you're upset with a talent choice because of the color of his skin, then yes, that's racist.

eh, I'm more concerned on the fact that Sue is still white.. and you know, their siblings..

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should stick to basketball.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the F*CK is Human Torch black? This is another sad result of Affirmative Action. There is absolutely no reason for this change. It feels so forced. So needless. The Thing is orange. isn't that enough color disparity for one team?

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Yeah call me back when Jordan has a Golden Globe nomination. Gosling may have a reputation of a pretty boy who can't act from some of us guys, but trust me that dude has range. On the other hand he's to old to play Johnny lol and I wasn't defending the idea that he should have that particular role, I was just saying he's a really talented dude.