Metal vs Rap Read OP

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nelomaxwell

In a world where these two genre's are personified by people who would win in a fight?

Rap: Gear, 7 mack 11's, about 8 38's, 9, 9mm's, 10, mack 10's ,an unlimited supply of bullets (The Sh!ts never end) and a Teflon hat and vest. He is also a poor shot.

No Caption Provided

VS

Metal : Gear, A Sword, an axe, chains and a flame thrower.

No Caption Provided

Both avatars can be killed by normal human means.

No one is blood lusted.

Win by Kill or KO.

NoBFR

No outside assistance.

No Morals.

who wins and why?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WarBlade539

@nelomaxwell: Dude, first change the Metal avatar. Heavy Metal is and should always be personified by one being alone.

No Caption Provided

The Omnipotent Eddie

And secondly, Metal stomps....not even a contest.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: I'm going to leave it. And is that based on your opinion or the actual battle and gear?

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in this particular case rap might be a lil OP'd.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

...so the rap guy gets a wide assortment of guns and unlimited ammunition and the metal guy gets melee weapons?

are you trying to make a spite thread?

...Metal stomps anyway because its a far superior genre.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

No one can destroy the metal

The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow

We are the vanquished foes of the metal

We tried to win for why, we do not know

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Veshark

Ohhh this is going to end well.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozydaprynce:

I took them from Biggies freestyle.

@fallschirmjager: The weapons were based on a Biggie Lyric. Do they use guns in metal often or talk about them? If you have any better weapon suggestions then I'd be most happy to put them up.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

...so the rap guy gets a wide assortment of guns and unlimited ammunition and the metal guy gets melee weapons?

Boy, you funny. He said in a world where these two genres were (personified), and rap is all about guns. So to "personify "that, he gave the rap niqqa some guns. In any case, if I remember correctly, he used to be heavy into metal or some other form of rock, so this here probably wouldn't be out of spite. As far as which genre is the superior form of music? That ain't even what the thread is about ...

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marionettegeist
@fallschirmjager said:

Yeah!

No Caption Provided

But seriously why does rap get unlimited ammo? You should at least counterbalance it by making it an impossibly terrible shot.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

<---- Pictured, how not to hold a gun.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozydaprynce:

@fallschirmjager: The weapons were based on a Biggie Lyric. Do they use guns in metal often or talk about them? If you have any better weapon suggestions then I'd be most happy to put them up.

If you're trying to make a battle thread though, it has to be somewhat even, or whats the point? Guns vs melee weapons?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozydaprynce:

Yeah I used to dig Oh, Sleeper and IWrestledabearonce.

I'm using Weapons indicative of their styles.

@dctv3363:

Debatable.

But I will make rap a poor shot.

@nelomaxwell said:

@cozydaprynce:

If you're trying to make a battle thread though, it has to be somewhat even, or whats the point? Guns vs melee weapons?

I'm using weapons indicative to their genre. Could you please state any other weapons based in the metal genre I'm missing?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Fair enough :), can't think of any weapons for metal though.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Yeah, I recognized the lyrics. Shame I didn't remember who spit em, though, haha. Been waaaaay too long since I sat down to some Biggie. But my oldest bro is into rock, so I know some songs. Might not know titles or bands, but lyrics I might recognize.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@nelomaxwell: Fair enough :), can't think of any weapons for metal though.

Only medieval armaments come to mind and rap has a history of promoting gun violence. Not all of it tbh but the type people like to focus on does.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@nelomaxwell: How about giving team Metal Broly? :D

Loading Video...

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Dude, first change the Metal avatar. Heavy Metal is and should always be personified by one being alone.

No Caption Provided

The Omnipotent Eddie

Up the Irons!

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Is he a motif in the genre? because if he isn't then I won't. I'm going for things defined in the genre, you get me? Inferior armament isn't really spite if it's what's listed in art work and songs.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: Is the picture you listed even a rapper?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell:

Dude, Heavy Metal is the perfect combination of the precision and musical complexity of Classical with the atmosphere of Jazz and the intensity of Rock. As a music genre, Metal wins...no contest

@darkazrael999 said:

No Caption Provided

The Omnipotent Eddie

Up the Irons!

Hell Yeah!!! Fav Maiden song?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Is he a motif in the genre? because if he isn't then I won't. I'm going for things defined in the genre, you get me? Inferior armament isn't really spite if it's what's listed in art work and songs.

Not really. Its just 10's is his theme song. I don't know that I associate any weapons with metal. At least, not the shit I listen to. /shrug.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the Heavy Metal guys would win... Everyone knows that White Folks tend to have better aim with Firearms than your average Black Thug. I don't know how many times I have seen on the news about some Ninjas doing a Driveby on someone and hitting a bunch of people no where in the proximity of the target. It's because a lot of Brotha's got that Elmer Fudd aim.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Metal

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: I'm not gonna make a comment on your opinion of whether metal is better. But don't equate a soulful genre like jazz with a soulless one. Duke, Louie and Count drew their soul from their heritage and struggle of their people at the time. There's no struggle in metal.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

Not really. Its just 10's is his theme song. I don't know that I associate any weapons with metal. At least, not the shit I listen to. /shrug.

Then I can't help you with that one. If you had anything Idk like a machine gun that shoots chain saws I could put it. But If not then I cannot.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Soulless? No struggle? Dude, James Hetfield or as we all know him as the front-man of Metallica lost both his parents by the time he was 18. He rose from an angry, lonely, poor teenager to the singer/rhythm guitarist of one of the most influential musical acts in history...performing at the biggest concert in contemporary music history.

Listen to the song below and say that metal is soulless, dude.

Loading Video...

Want more?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Heavy Metal is not all-white, dude. The best Metal Concerts are from countries like Argentina and Brazil and Mexico.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Soulless? No struggle? Dude, James Hetfield or as we all know him as the front-man of Metallica lost both his parents by the time he was 18. He rose from an angry, lonely, poor teenager to the singer/rhythm guitarist of one of the most influential musical acts in history...performing at the biggest concert in contemporary music history.

Listen to the song below and say that metal is soulless, dude.

Loading Video...

Want more?

That hasn't happened to anyone else? You wanna talk about struggle? Tupac was born in jail. DMX's mother gave him away because he was a boy, because of his gender man. I'm not saying one is worse than the other but struggle is ingrained in certain music, let' just be honest.

@king_saturn: Heavy Metal is not all-white, dude. The best Metal Concerts are from countries like Argentina and Brazil and Mexico.

There are also a number of African-American metal concerts which mosh pits turn into daggering sessions.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Metal wins, they burned hip-hop's house down while he was sleeping the night before the fight. Metal was tried, convicted, and now serving a life prison sentence. However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

@darkazrael999: I'm not gonna make a comment on your opinion of whether metal is better. But don't equate a soulful genre like jazz with a soulless one. Duke, Louie and Count drew their soul from their heritage and struggle of their people at the time. There's no struggle in metal.

lol.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Needs more soul.

Here.

Loading Video...

St. Anger has nothing on this Saint.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomdoomdoom: At least someone realized this was a battle, Thank you.

However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

You sure he's not a rapper, cause a lot of rappers do that.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

That hasn't happened to anyone else? You wanna talk about struggle? Tupac was born in jail. DMX's mother gave him away because he was a boy, because of his gender man. I'm not saying one is worse than the other but struggle is ingrained in certain music, let' just be honest.

That's actually not true. But anyways, I don't think struggle i actually ingrained in any music more than another.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

That's actually not true. But anyways, I don't think struggle i actually ingrained in any music more than another.

I'll disagree with that last part. I personally think a persons experiences color the art that they make.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@doomdoomdoom said:

@nelomaxwell said:

I'll disagree with that last part. I personally think a persons experiences color the art that they make.

That is 100% true, the life you live influences your art in a resounding way. Outside of generalizing though there is know way of knowing what genre would have the most musicians that have had to "struggle". Struggle is just as much ingrained in Hip-Hop as it is in metal, as it is in every other genre of music, because struggle is ingrained in life. It just depends on your perspective. As far as the comment you made...eh I'll just quote it.....

Don't get me wrong on this, Jazz is either my first or second genre of music(depending on the day) but it has it's "souless" artist just as metal does. You cannot use blanket statements such as "there's no struggle in metal" in less you honestly know the history of every musician who's waved the metal flag. The struggle can be as simple as trying to live off of your art to as grand as taking on religion.

Not trying to derail your thread by the way :)

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

@doomdoomdoom said:

@nelomaxwell said:

That is 100% true, the life you live influences your art in a resounding way. Outside of generalizing though there is know way of knowing what genre would have the most musicians that have had to "struggle". Struggle is just as much ingrained in Hip-Hop as it is in metal, as it is in every other genre of music, because struggle is ingrained in life. It just depends on your perspective. As far as the comment you made...eh I'll just quote it.....

@nelomaxwell said:

Don't get me wrong on this, Jazz is either my first or second genre of music(depending on the day) but it has it's "souless" artist just as metal does. You cannot use blanket statements such as "there's no struggle in metal" in less you honestly know the history of every musician who's waved the metal flag. The struggle can be as simple as trying to live off of your art to as grand as taking on religion.

Not trying to derail your thread by the way :)

You're right my blanket statement was incorrect. I will say this though, There are certain genre's I feel owe a lot to the struggle for existence and possible self extinction than others.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Originally or at the outset of particular genres, I would consider that statement to be pretty accurate. I mean $#!t blues basically derived from call-and-response slave songs set to the rhythm of a heartbeat. However, the majority of modern blues artist do not necessarily owe anything to that struggle, nor are they shaped by it first hand. In essence maybe, but in practice I don't imagine so but again that's on the individual basis and I wont pretend to know.

@doomdoomdoom: At least someone realized this was a battle, Thank you.

However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

You sure he's not a rapper, cause a lot of rappers do that.

Lol, it happens a bit in metal too (looking at you northern Europe)