#1 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

In a world where these two genre's are personified by people who would win in a fight?

Rap: Gear, 7 mack 11's, about 8 38's, 9, 9mm's, 10, mack 10's ,an unlimited supply of bullets (The Sh!ts never end) and a Teflon hat and vest. He is also a poor shot.

VS

Metal : Gear, A Sword, an axe, chains and a flame thrower.

Both avatars can be killed by normal human means.

No one is blood lusted.

Win by Kill or KO.

NoBFR

No outside assistance.

No Morals.

who wins and why?

#2 Edited by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Dude, first change the Metal avatar. Heavy Metal is and should always be personified by one being alone.

The Omnipotent Eddie

And secondly, Metal stomps....not even a contest.

#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I'm going to leave it. And is that based on your opinion or the actual battle and gear?

#4 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in this particular case rap might be a lil OP'd.

#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

...so the rap guy gets a wide assortment of guns and unlimited ammunition and the metal guy gets melee weapons?

are you trying to make a spite thread?

...Metal stomps anyway because its a far superior genre.

#6 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can destroy the metal

The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow

We are the vanquished foes of the metal

We tried to win for why, we do not know

#7 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhh this is going to end well.

#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@cozydaprynce:

I took them from Biggies freestyle.

@fallschirmjager: The weapons were based on a Biggie Lyric. Do they use guns in metal often or talk about them? If you have any better weapon suggestions then I'd be most happy to put them up.

#9 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

...so the rap guy gets a wide assortment of guns and unlimited ammunition and the metal guy gets melee weapons?

Boy, you funny. He said in a world where these two genres were (personified), and rap is all about guns. So to "personify "that, he gave the rap niqqa some guns. In any case, if I remember correctly, he used to be heavy into metal or some other form of rock, so this here probably wouldn't be out of spite. As far as which genre is the superior form of music? That ain't even what the thread is about ...

#10 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@fallschirmjager said:

Yeah!

But seriously why does rap get unlimited ammo? You should at least counterbalance it by making it an impossibly terrible shot.

<---- Pictured, how not to hold a gun.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

@cozydaprynce:

@fallschirmjager: The weapons were based on a Biggie Lyric. Do they use guns in metal often or talk about them? If you have any better weapon suggestions then I'd be most happy to put them up.

If you're trying to make a battle thread though, it has to be somewhat even, or whats the point? Guns vs melee weapons?

#12 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@cozydaprynce:

Yeah I used to dig Oh, Sleeper and IWrestledabearonce.

I'm using Weapons indicative of their styles.

@dctv3363:

Debatable.

But I will make rap a poor shot.

@nelomaxwell said:

@cozydaprynce:

If you're trying to make a battle thread though, it has to be somewhat even, or whats the point? Guns vs melee weapons?

I'm using weapons indicative to their genre. Could you please state any other weapons based in the metal genre I'm missing?

#13 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Fair enough :), can't think of any weapons for metal though.

#14 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Yeah, I recognized the lyrics. Shame I didn't remember who spit em, though, haha. Been waaaaay too long since I sat down to some Biggie. But my oldest bro is into rock, so I know some songs. Might not know titles or bands, but lyrics I might recognize.

#15 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@nelomaxwell: Fair enough :), can't think of any weapons for metal though.

Only medieval armaments come to mind and rap has a history of promoting gun violence. Not all of it tbh but the type people like to focus on does.

#16 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17440 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Dude, first change the Metal avatar. Heavy Metal is and should always be personified by one being alone.

The Omnipotent Eddie

Up the Irons!

#18 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Is he a motif in the genre? because if he isn't then I won't. I'm going for things defined in the genre, you get me? Inferior armament isn't really spite if it's what's listed in art work and songs.

#19 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Is the picture you listed even a rapper?

#20 Posted by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

Dude, Heavy Metal is the perfect combination of the precision and musical complexity of Classical with the atmosphere of Jazz and the intensity of Rock. As a music genre, Metal wins...no contest

@darkazrael999 said:

The Omnipotent Eddie

Up the Irons!

Hell Yeah!!! Fav Maiden song?

#21 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10049 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Is he a motif in the genre? because if he isn't then I won't. I'm going for things defined in the genre, you get me? Inferior armament isn't really spite if it's what's listed in art work and songs.

Not really. Its just 10's is his theme song. I don't know that I associate any weapons with metal. At least, not the shit I listen to. /shrug.

#23 Posted by King Saturn (224169 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the Heavy Metal guys would win... Everyone knows that White Folks tend to have better aim with Firearms than your average Black Thug. I don't know how many times I have seen on the news about some Ninjas doing a Driveby on someone and hitting a bunch of people no where in the proximity of the target. It's because a lot of Brotha's got that Elmer Fudd aim.

#24 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal

#25 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I'm not gonna make a comment on your opinion of whether metal is better. But don't equate a soulful genre like jazz with a soulless one. Duke, Louie and Count drew their soul from their heritage and struggle of their people at the time. There's no struggle in metal.

#26 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

Not really. Its just 10's is his theme song. I don't know that I associate any weapons with metal. At least, not the shit I listen to. /shrug.

Then I can't help you with that one. If you had anything Idk like a machine gun that shoots chain saws I could put it. But If not then I cannot.

#27 Posted by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Soulless? No struggle? Dude, James Hetfield or as we all know him as the front-man of Metallica lost both his parents by the time he was 18. He rose from an angry, lonely, poor teenager to the singer/rhythm guitarist of one of the most influential musical acts in history...performing at the biggest concert in contemporary music history.

Listen to the song below and say that metal is soulless, dude.

Want more?

#28 Posted by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Heavy Metal is not all-white, dude. The best Metal Concerts are from countries like Argentina and Brazil and Mexico.

#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Soulless? No struggle? Dude, James Hetfield or as we all know him as the front-man of Metallica lost both his parents by the time he was 18. He rose from an angry, lonely, poor teenager to the singer/rhythm guitarist of one of the most influential musical acts in history...performing at the biggest concert in contemporary music history.

Listen to the song below and say that metal is soulless, dude.

Want more?

That hasn't happened to anyone else? You wanna talk about struggle? Tupac was born in jail. DMX's mother gave him away because he was a boy, because of his gender man. I'm not saying one is worse than the other but struggle is ingrained in certain music, let' just be honest.

@king_saturn: Heavy Metal is not all-white, dude. The best Metal Concerts are from countries like Argentina and Brazil and Mexico.

There are also a number of African-American metal concerts which mosh pits turn into daggering sessions.

#30 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal wins, they burned hip-hop's house down while he was sleeping the night before the fight. Metal was tried, convicted, and now serving a life prison sentence. However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

@darkazrael999: I'm not gonna make a comment on your opinion of whether metal is better. But don't equate a soulful genre like jazz with a soulless one. Duke, Louie and Count drew their soul from their heritage and struggle of their people at the time. There's no struggle in metal.

lol.

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Needs more soul.

Here.

St. Anger has nothing on this Saint.

#32 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: At least someone realized this was a battle, Thank you.

However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

You sure he's not a rapper, cause a lot of rappers do that.

#33 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

That hasn't happened to anyone else? You wanna talk about struggle? Tupac was born in jail. DMX's mother gave him away because he was a boy, because of his gender man. I'm not saying one is worse than the other but struggle is ingrained in certain music, let' just be honest.

That's actually not true. But anyways, I don't think struggle i actually ingrained in any music more than another.

#34 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

That's actually not true. But anyways, I don't think struggle i actually ingrained in any music more than another.

I'll disagree with that last part. I personally think a persons experiences color the art that they make.

#35 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom said:

@nelomaxwell said:

I'll disagree with that last part. I personally think a persons experiences color the art that they make.

That is 100% true, the life you live influences your art in a resounding way. Outside of generalizing though there is know way of knowing what genre would have the most musicians that have had to "struggle". Struggle is just as much ingrained in Hip-Hop as it is in metal, as it is in every other genre of music, because struggle is ingrained in life. It just depends on your perspective. As far as the comment you made...eh I'll just quote it.....

Don't get me wrong on this, Jazz is either my first or second genre of music(depending on the day) but it has it's "souless" artist just as metal does. You cannot use blanket statements such as "there's no struggle in metal" in less you honestly know the history of every musician who's waved the metal flag. The struggle can be as simple as trying to live off of your art to as grand as taking on religion.

Not trying to derail your thread by the way :)

#36 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10486 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@doomdoomdoom said:

@nelomaxwell said:

That is 100% true, the life you live influences your art in a resounding way. Outside of generalizing though there is know way of knowing what genre would have the most musicians that have had to "struggle". Struggle is just as much ingrained in Hip-Hop as it is in metal, as it is in every other genre of music, because struggle is ingrained in life. It just depends on your perspective. As far as the comment you made...eh I'll just quote it.....

@nelomaxwell said:

Don't get me wrong on this, Jazz is either my first or second genre of music(depending on the day) but it has it's "souless" artist just as metal does. You cannot use blanket statements such as "there's no struggle in metal" in less you honestly know the history of every musician who's waved the metal flag. The struggle can be as simple as trying to live off of your art to as grand as taking on religion.

Not trying to derail your thread by the way :)

You're right my blanket statement was incorrect. I will say this though, There are certain genre's I feel owe a lot to the struggle for existence and possible self extinction than others.

#37 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally or at the outset of particular genres, I would consider that statement to be pretty accurate. I mean $#!t blues basically derived from call-and-response slave songs set to the rhythm of a heartbeat. However, the majority of modern blues artist do not necessarily owe anything to that struggle, nor are they shaped by it first hand. In essence maybe, but in practice I don't imagine so but again that's on the individual basis and I wont pretend to know.

@doomdoomdoom: At least someone realized this was a battle, Thank you.

However, Metal continues to release albums from prison.

You sure he's not a rapper, cause a lot of rappers do that.

Lol, it happens a bit in metal too (looking at you northern Europe)