Meanwhile in Florida....Part 2

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pregnant Florida Woman Goes On Crack Binge, Gives Birth In Motel, Gnaws Off Umbilical Cord With Her Teeth

facebook

A newborn baby is in critical condition today because his mother tried to out-Florida everyone else in her state. This depressing tale has everything: an all-day crack binge, a motel, giving birth in a bathroom, attempted murder charges, and an 11-month-old crawling around to witness it all.

I’ve emphasized the most Florida aspects of the story:

Chrystal Hassell, 37, told investigators she, her boyfriend and her 11-month-old child checked into a motel room at the Vacation Host Inn on Friday night in Ocala. She said that even though she was seven months pregnant, she started going into labor after smoking crack cocaine for an entire day.

Vincent Terry, Hassell’s boyfriend, left with the 11-month-old boy to run an errand, so Hassell delivered the baby alone in the bathtub. According to a Marion County Sheriff’s Office report, Hassell even cut the umbilical cord with her teeth.

Why didn’t she call for help? Oh, she did. And… that just made things worse.

Hassell’s first call wasn’t to 911, though. It was to her boyfriend, who she told to hurry up and get back to the motel. But, as Terry sped to return, he was pulled over by Marion County deputies. He was wanted for attempted murder in Colorado.

The newborn was airlifted to a Gainesville hospital, where he is listed in critical condition. The 11-month-old boy has been placed in foster care. Hassell is on suicide watch in jail, and faces child neglect charges. Also, she has a third child:

Hassell, 37, also has a 16-year-old daughter who was born addicted to drugs as a result of Hassell’s drug use during her pregnancy.

Welcome to Florida, kids. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/04/typical-florida-child-birth/#ixzz2zKky6eJs

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you're on Twitter you need to follow "Florida man". Holy hell this state has problems, and I don't just mean trying to get them to understand how to vote.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey stop making fun of my state man. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the crazy stuff happens down South

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

All the crazy stuff happens down South

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you can seriously find much worse stuff happening in any state... or anywhere actually.

statements like "that state seriously has problems" are really unnecessary and induce some stupid "florida" steriotype.

as a not only intelligent, but also cute Floridian, i'm flagging this for hateful targeting.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

(jk guys, i don't really care whatsoever)