• 82 results
#1 Posted by Stereo (5 posts) - - Show Bio

When I saw the news this morning, I witnessed a historical event today. John McCain has choosen a women. A two year governer from Alaska. The first thought that came to my mind was this "THIS GUY THINKS AMERICA IS STUPID" The reason why I said this was because John McCain did this a publicity stunt. And Please don't get me wrong, I am not against womens in the race for the whitehouse or anything like that. It is just so agrivating that McCain doesn't think the american people would recognize this a what it soo obviously is a PUBLICITY STUNT. Trying to take momentum and steam away from the DNC, which is over by put a person with only two years in public service in on his ticket. He also is known for him not supporting womens rights and is a very tough cookie on the whole expierience thing. Two years...come on. And she was from Alaska. Many people don't even remember that Alaska is a state.

I was really angry that he did not choose Romney but instead again chose someone that is for the most part right now a person to make him look less right wing, and more HEY I CAN BE NICE TOO kind of thing.

WHAT DO YOU THINK...by the way go OBAMA

#2 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I thougt the same thing it is amazing how far he will go

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Obama already won...

#4 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... but there are still too may undecided people out there. Some Hillary fans that say they want to vote for McCain since she didn't get the nomination. one word BITTER... and Get over it already. Eight is Enough!!!!!

#5 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the intellectual level of this site

#6 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I feel like Obama already won..."
same
#7 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah me too, but there is always a possibility of another 4 years of the same... Although I am keeping the unshakable faith I have in America that it will realize that Barack is ready and should be the next president.

#8 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone agree with his choice, ie any Republicans?

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how anyone could label themselves republican.

#10 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

well then you haven't seen the VIEW, there is this women named Elizebeth-she is a host and a proud republican. She desgusts me.

#11 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's hilarious really, but we'll have to see.  It just seems like a very ill-advised pick to me. 

Our sister site Politicalbase.com is talking about it right now.

Staff
#12 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

ooohh, it was very very very ill advised, just John McCain showing lacking judgement again.

#13 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

I just joined up, but how do you go to the forums?

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"well then you haven't seen the VIEW, there is this women named Elizebeth-she is a host and a proud republican. She desgusts me."
I know who Elizabeth Hasslebeck is.She doesn't disgust me.She is ignorant,I feel bad for her actually.
#15 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

i expected hed pick a woman

#16 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19250 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, but he probably should have gotten someone with maybe a little more expierence under her belt.

#17 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#18 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"yeah, but he probably should have gotten someone with maybe a little more expierence under her belt."

yeah but obama only has 157 days of xp under his belt as a senator
#19 Posted by inferiorego (24591 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"Does anyone agree with his choice, ie any Republicans?"
I'm Libertarian, leaning towards Republican. McCain is idiot, he's trying to scoop up as many fence sitters with this stunt, and hopefully everyone can see through it. I'm a big Obama supporter, I voted for him back in 2004, at which time I wish he was running for President, not just for Senate. The best part about this guy is that he's an old school Republican, I know he's labeled a Democrat, but bare with me. It's the same way with Lincoln, by today's standards he would be considered Democratic, due to what Republicans in the last 50 years have done to their party. Obama is a guy who wants larger State governements and a smaller central government, which in my opinion, is the only way you can succesfully run a country as large as this one with so many different cultures combine.
Staff
#20 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL yeah GO McCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Republican all the way baby!

#21 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"HELL yeah GO McCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Republican all the way baby!"
NO SIR
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:

This is why nobody respects you or your opinion.
#23 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't occur to me that this could be a stunt, but I just laughed when I got hold of this news because yeah, like you said, he says the most misogynistic things ever.

#24 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"speedlgt said:

This is why nobody respects you or your opinion."
Well see heres the thing.....you speak as if you rep the vine which is kinda funny in that there at least 10 +viners who want you gone. I dont think your in position to speak for EVERYONE.

oh and

I DRAW BETTER THAN YOU.
why hate on Palin shes kinda hot.....
#25 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I feel like Obama already won..."
same"

Most black peopel feel the same way
#26 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Consider this for a moment. McCain has probably already lost the race because how dissatisfied the American people are with the government. They will of course blame the party which holds the office of President despite the fact that the Congress is controlled by an opposing party and little gets accomplished during those times. His bid to as her to be the Vice Presidential candidate has a three-fold purpose.

1. An attempt to woo the women voters who were disenchanted over Hillary Clinton from receiving the nomination for Prez or Vice Prez
2. Palin is seen as a maverick Republican, so she has the change the government mentality that a growing number of people are looking for
3. Because the Republicans are apt to lose, a more worthy or qualified candidate will not be hurt in the elections of 2012 because of a loss as Veep in 2008.

Just my opinion

#27 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"Consider this for a moment. McCain has probably already lost the race because how dissatisfied the American people are with the government. They will of course blame the party which holds the office of President despite the fact that the Congress is controlled by an opposing party and little gets accomplished during those times. His bid to as her to be the Vice Presidential candidate has a three-fold purpose.

1. An attempt to woo the women voters who were disenchanted over Hillary Clinton from receiving the nomination for Prez or Vice Prez
2. Palin is seen as a maverick Republican, so she has the change the government mentality that a growing number of people are looking for
3. Because the Republicans are apt to lose, a more worthy or qualified candidate will not be hurt in the elections of 2012 because of a loss as Veep in 2008.

Just my opinion"
These are very valid points Avantar
#28 Posted by Airstrike (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Palin is not qualified to be Vice President or President that is just the cold hard facts and the voters are the ones, who are going to suffer!  I was on the fence on who I was going to vote for:  Obama, who I like but would rather I have had run 4 or 8 years later after I saw more of him or McCain, who isn't the man, he was 8 & 4 years ago when he sold out to Bush and Let Bush degrade him on his Military service.  Now he can't remember his speeches or how many homes he owns!  It was coming down to the Vice Presidents for me and I want experience and knowledge because , both, candidates need help!  But what did the Republicans do pick some who two years ago was a mayor of a town of 8,000 for tow years and has been a Governor for less than 2 years!  I am from a small town and I know what a small town MAyor does!  But at that she didn't hold the position long enough to judge whether she did a good job or not on either front!  I do know she is being investigated for abuse of power charges as Governor, thanks a lot!

It is a shame in this great Country we live in the best qualified are not nominated for the President and Vice President and we have more than two party system, so Americans can have real choices! 

#29 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

This choice is just so deliciously idiotic.  McSame chose a scandal-mired soccer mom with no national or international experience for the second most important position in the United States government.  What the hell was he thinking?  The choice is an insult to the office of the Vice President and a slap in the face to women everywhere.  This will gain him nothing with independents, and precious little with his own party I suspect.  No Hillary supporter in their right mind is going to switch sides just because Palin has a vagina, especially since she's violently anti-abortion.  McBush has just thrown away his best argument, that Obama doesn't have enough experience.  We'll never hear that canard again.  Now all he can do is recite tired Republican cliches and trumpet his idiotic message of noun, verb and "I was a POW."  Well done John.  Well done.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Well it looks like George W. Bush has shot John McCain in one foot and Sarah Palin will shoot him in the other...
#31 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently her 17 yr old daughter's pregnant. Which personally doesn't bother me, but you know she's going to get attacked for that. sigh politics.

#32 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Virago said:
"Apparently her 17 yr old daughter's pregnant. Which personally doesn't bother me, but you know she's going to get attacked for that. sigh politics."

she obviously already has been if you know of it :P
#33 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Edited by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"Vance Astro said:
"speedlgt said:

This is why nobody respects you or your opinion."
Well see heres the thing.....you speak as if you rep the vine which is kinda funny in that there at least 10 +viners who want you gone. I dont think your in position to speak for EVERYONE.

oh and

I DRAW BETTER THAN YOU.
why hate on Palin shes kinda hot.....
"
Attention whore.
#35 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarah is way hotter then that! lol

#36 Edited by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

did you see the RNC?
The fact that they attack ob. so much shows that they are threaten.

#37 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

yea I saw it

#38 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

come  on now that was a boderline

racist

#39 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
The RNC made me so mad... I just wanted to punch bout 4 or 5 Republicans in the face
#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

F#CK SARAH PALIN

#41 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"F#CK SARAH PALIN"
Ha Ha Ha  !

I knew it was coming
#42 Posted by Alexander Fletch (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope McCain wins. There I said it :P

#43 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Fletch said:
"I hope McCain wins. There I said it :P"
Okay... well what is it about McCain that draws you to him instead of Obama ?
#44 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Fletch said:
CHOKES ALEXANDER!!!!!

:P
#45 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Alexander Fletch said:
CHOKES ALEXANDER!!!!!

"
LMMFAO
#46 Posted by Alexander Fletch (67 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Alexander Fletch said:
Okay... well what is it about McCain that draws you to him instead of Obama ? "
Obama's lack of experience. Just don't think he's ready. Sure Palin has little experience, but she's been in an executive position and not just in senate, and she's just vice president.
#47 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Alexander Fletch said:
CHOKES ALEXANDER!!!!!

"
LMMFAO"
Obama FTW
#48 Posted by Alexander Fletch (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it just seems to be the "cool" thing to vote for Obama. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

#49 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Fletch said:
"King Saturn said:
"Alexander Fletch said:
Okay... well what is it about McCain that draws you to him instead of Obama ? "
Obama's lack of experience. Just don't think he's ready. Sure Palin has little experience, but she's been in an executive position and not just in senate, and she's just vice president."
Okay...What about McCain's policies then ? I mean you cant really think America is in a great state right now under the Bush Administration... so what does McCain have that will help America's Economy that differs from the Bush Administration ? What will McCain do... so when I go to a Gas Pump and see 3.75 for a gallon gas and reduce that to a better price ? What will he do to reduce the inflation of goods in stores ? Or how about the horrible employment rate in America ? Sorry if I am asking to much at once...just curious
#50 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Fletch said:
"I think it just seems to be the "cool" thing to vote for Obama. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon."
Yeah, I kinda agree with that but, McCain scares the crap out of me for lack of a better word.....

He's said before we're gonna be in war for 100 years. Obama wants to bring people home, And I think McCain wants to bring the Draft back.