Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87: Why?

@ntb1124: It wasn't scripted....it didn't seem like it either...

I dont like people that are massively cocky and punching some one while they are saying sorry makes you a prick in my eyes, regardless what he done to you before.

• Ortiz intentionally headbutted him
  • The ref said start the fight and carry on. He told Floyd this
  • Ortiz, for some reason wanted another hug
  • The round was still going
  • Ortiz left his guard down
It was legit and on top of that Ortiz let his guard down and the round was going.

Thats all well and good but he still punched someone in the face while he was saying sorry so I think he's a prick

I know but Ortiz already said sorry he was just trying to stall and say sorry again because he was frustrated.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#52  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

I dont like people that are massively cocky and punching some one while they are saying sorry makes you a prick in my eyes, regardless what he done to you before.

It was legit and on top of that Ortiz let his guard down and the round was going.

Thats all well and good but he still punched someone in the face while he was saying sorry so I think he's a prick

I know but Ortiz already said sorry he was just trying to stall and say sorry again because he was frustrated.

that has no affect on my opinion

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Primmaster64

I misssed it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By cattlebattle
@jrock85 said:

This was definitely a fixed fight.

I second this
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By sexy_merc

He didn't cheat. He won dirty but that isn't cheating.

That fight was a letdown. Floyd would have won anyway. Just when the fight was finally starting to get interesting, Ortiz has to headbutt him, and then it had to end like that. It doesn't matter if you're on either fighter's side, a potential good match got ruined.

Also like how that one announcer was sucking Mayweather's c~ck the whole fight. "Skillful use of the elbow by Mayweather!" Since elbows are legal and all.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
The MGM folks and @GoldenBoyBoxing lost control of the NEWS conference and some dude probably off the street is given mic to say nonsense.

The whole post-fight was better than the actual fight. Larry Merchant is an OG.

I feel sorry for my friend who actually paid for that whole event.

At least we got to see Erik Morales school the sh~t out of Cano.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a cheap shot. Ortiz shouldn't have dropped his guard when he was trying to hug him.
Why the hell was Ortiz trying hug and say sorry in the middle of a fight...lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

@jrock85 said:

This was definitely a fixed fight.

I second this

WRONG. It wasn't fixed, don't be ridiculous. Make an argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc: LOL at the pic. But it wasn't a cheap shot at all. The round was going and it was allowed.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By sexy_merc

It was all Victor's fault that the fight ended the way it did. He forgot one of, if not the most important rule in boxing and he did that dumb headbutt. It was a legit KO, but it was a dirty finish. Only because Ortiz was trying to apologize. I know why people think it was clean, Ortiz was an idiot for not being at guard at all times.

The only thing Ortiz should be pissed at, is that the fight didn't go the distance.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@SurelockeHomes said:

I wonder if Floyd Mayweather would do any better than that other boxer who tried to figth in the UFC once(I guess he couldn't do any worse, but I wonder if he would do at least a decent job).

Floyd a few years ago was talking trash saying he wanted a MMA fight and they got him an opponent but he backed out of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

I know but Ortiz already said sorry he was just trying to stall and say sorry again because he was frustrated.

that has no affect on my opinion

The same argument could be said for Ortiz, he was losing so he INTENTIONALLY headbutted Floyd.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Ortiz should not had let his guard down, and Floyd should not of acted like a jerk in the post fight. Life moves on, can we finally get Pac Man vs. Mayweather.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't to say Ortiz is finished. He's only 24 and has a long career in front of him, he was foolish against Mayweather. But he needs more exp, a fight with Amir Khan would be good for him.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By SpidermanWins

Ah, I heard about this Mayweather is one douche of douches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins said:

Ah, I heard about this Mayweather is one douche of douches

And Ortiz isn't?

No Caption Provided
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mr. Smiths

^ Ortiz not a douchebag, he just needs to learn to calm it down on the head butts. Floyd cussed a man out and wnated him fired in the post fight interview. Ortiz even said sorry numerous times which costed him the fight. Ortiz is far from a douchebag just should not of head butted Floyd.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SpidermanWins

@comicdude23: Well I figured someone would say that. Both really are but in my book Mayweather: slightly moreso. I mean he was the one you already knew was douchey guy and cocky and stuff but it took it a step further. Instead of just beating the crap out of him he was the one who was all "oh its ok we're friends! See? It's all good. Wanna hug buddy? Yeah that's nice, smile for the cameras! WHAAAAAMMO!@@$%^^^&&**^*^#!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr. Smiths said:

^ Ortiz not a douchebag, he just needs to learn to calm it down on the head butts. Floyd cussed a man out and wnated him fired in the post fight interview. Ortiz even said sorry numerous times which costed him the fight. Ortiz is far from a douchebag just should not of head butted Floyd.

Ortiz kept trying to hug him to stall the fight. He knew he was losing.

@SpidermanWins said:

@comicdude23: Well I figured someone would say that. Both really are but in my book Mayweather: slightly moreso. I mean he was the one you already knew was douchey guy and cocky and stuff but it took it a step further. Instead of just beating the crap out of him he was the one who was all "oh its ok we're friends! See? It's all good. Wanna hug buddy? Yeah that's nice, smile for the cameras! WHAAAAAMMO!@@$%^^^&&**^*^#!"

Ortiz already said sorry once, then he said it again, and then again, it was unnecessary to say sorry so many times. He was just wasting time.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SpidermanWins

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

Ortiz kept trying to hug him to stall the fight. He knew he was losing.

@SpidermanWins said:

Ortiz already said sorry once, then he said it again, and then again, it was unnecessary to say sorry so many times. He was just wasting time.

true, True. I just heard about though. Didn't watch it directly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#70  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@SmoothJammin said:

@Vance Astro Don't be such a casual fan. 1-Manny drained him. 2-MAnny refuses to take blood tests. 3-Miguel didn't have a trainer for that fight, and it was right after a bad loss to the cheater MArgarito and the beating he took from Clottey fight. Team Roach are some cherry pickers. How come he doesn't fight Miguel now, at 154 and with Emanuel Steward as his cornerman? Instead they take a catchweight with plasterito and duck Shane Mosley, the man who whipped him. In fact, why DID they wait so long for the Mosley fight eh? It's all smoke and mirrors..and Miguel gave the catchweight king the toughest fight he's had in forever and if you rewatch if--Miguel was actually giving him problems by boxing and not trading in the late rounds. Not saying he could've won but if he employed that same strategy from the get the ending might've been completely different.The TKO wasn't even necessary b/c miguel was still fighting back.

Cotto avoided contact with Pacman in later rounds.You saw it and everyone else saw it.People even started booing because they were bored.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By King_Saturn
Mayweather did not Cheat... his KO of Ortiz was Legit.  
I just wish he would have done it in more spectacular fashion. 
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fragneto
@King Saturn said:
He did win with a spectacular fashion. With a 1 and 2 hook! It's Ortiz fault for not having his hands up. He did it to taunt Mayweather so he got what's coming. It was Epic.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Primmaster64

@Sexy Merc: lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Static Shock

Mayweather cheats now? Really? So, hitting Ortiz with a two-piece combination for the KO after they literally touched gloves is against the rules?  

If what Mayweather did was against the rules, why was the fight called in his favor? People should stop acting like they know anything about boxing and have a seat. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By King_Saturn
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:
He did win with a spectacular fashion. With a 1 and 2 hook! It's Ortiz fault for not having his hands up. He did it to taunt Mayweather so he got what's coming. It was Epic.
hitting someone with a 1 - 2 hook while they have their hands down is not spectacular. yes it was Ortiz fault for not having his hands up... but the KO was lackluster in the way that it occurred still. Also, I don't see how it was Epic.. maybe if Mayweather had hit Ortiz with that combo during the flow of Combat between the fighters we could say it was Epic. 
Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By eatmore_payless

@SmoothJammin said:

@Vance Astro Don't be such a casual fan. 1-Manny drained him. 2-MAnny refuses to take blood tests. 3-Miguel didn't have a trainer for that fight, and it was right after a bad loss to the cheater MArgarito and the beating he took from Clottey fight. Team Roach are some cherry pickers. How come he doesn't fight Miguel now, at 154 and with Emanuel Steward as his cornerman? Instead they take a catchweight with plasterito and duck Shane Mosley, the man who whipped him. In fact, why DID they wait so long for the Mosley fight eh? It's all smoke and mirrors..and Miguel gave the catchweight king the toughest fight he's had in forever and if you rewatch if--Miguel was actually giving him problems by boxing and not trading in the late rounds. Not saying he could've won but if he employed that same strategy from the get the ending might've been completely different.The TKO wasn't even necessary b/c miguel was still fighting back.

Miguel sure gave Pac a hard time, but the TKO was rightful, just look what happened to Miguels face, if they continue to fight his eyes might of come out in the near round 12, Cotto is a great boxer, powerful puncher, and one heck of a fighter but Pac out classed him in every aspects, he admitted it, he also quoted that " It was fast, I dont even know where his punches are coming from " I also love Cotto.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By TheCerealKillz

It was a legit win, people are just getting up in Maywethers d!ck and ignoring Ortiz butting Maywether.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ssejllenrad
@King Saturn said:
Actually, one of the definition of  "spectacular" is: having a quality that thrusts itself into attention... Soooooooo..... It's still spectacular... Nyehehehe!
Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By eatmore_payless

@comicdude23 said:

This isn't to say Ortiz is finished. He's only 24 and has a long career in front of him, he was foolish against Mayweather. But he needs more exp, a fight with Amir Khan would be good for him.

yeah more years is coming for him.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ssejllenrad
@TheCerealKillz said:
It was a legit win, people are just getting up in Maywethers d!ck and ignoring Ortiz butting Maywether.
That's what Floyd gets by being an a*s. Yeah he was wronged first. Nobody deserves to be head butted. But being a public enemy would magnify his shameful conduct. Yeah the punches were legit. Yeah the win was legit. But the way he did them were just classless. And with his standing with his critics, every wrong move he'll make would be exponentially grown out of proportions. Add the dissing of a senior citizen who's somewhat a legend in the sport and of course people would flame him more than the man-crush actions of Victor.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#81  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Mr. Smiths said:

Sorry doesn't take back a headbutt especially when it was clearly intentional.

KungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KungFu

That why in Gung-Fu..... 

........ All tricks are allowed...... 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By King_Saturn
@ssejllenrad said:
@King Saturn said:
Actually, one of the definition of  "spectacular" is: having a quality that thrusts itself into attention... Soooooooo..... It's still spectacular... Nyehehehe!
It's not Just the KO that has thrust itself into attention... it was the fact that he KO the guy while his hands were down... as well as the Headbutt that happened seconds earlier. It was moreso the last few seconds of the fight as a whole that would fit that definition. 
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Fragneto
@King Saturn said:

@Fragneto said:

@King Saturn said:

hitting someone with a 1 - 2 hook while they have their hands down is not spectacular. yes it was Ortiz fault for not having his hands up... but the KO was lackluster in the way that it occurred still. Also, I don't see how it was Epic.. maybe if Mayweather had hit Ortiz with that combo during the flow of Combat between the fighters we could say it was Epic. 
So you think Mayweather's victory would have been more sportsman-like if he allowed Ortiz to put his gloves up? Well, for one: this is Mayweather we're talking about. and two: this also Ortiz we're talking about. These guys are dirty from the get go. They don't care about sportsmanship. In fact, how do we not know that Ortiz had his gloves down just to make Mayweather drop his guard just so that Ortiz might throw in a surprise heymaker? They were in the middle of a fight. Ortiz knew that. He was planning something, it was obvious and Mayweather didn't take the bait. He knocked Ortiz out before Ortiz was going to knock him out. Survival of the Fittest! 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By King_Saturn
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:

@Fragneto said:

@King Saturn said:

So you think Mayweather's victory would have been more sportsman-like if he allowed Ortiz to put his gloves up? Well, for one: this is Mayweather we're talking about. and two: this also Ortiz we're talking about. These guys are dirty from the get go. They don't care about sportsmanship. In fact, how do we not know that Ortiz had his gloves down just to make Mayweather drop his guard just so that Ortiz might throw in a surprise heymaker? They were in the middle of a fight. Ortiz knew that. He was planning something, it was obvious and Mayweather didn't take the bait. He knocked Ortiz out before Ortiz was going to knock him out. Survival of the Fittest! 
Well I think you are missing a little something here... the fight for the most part was going well into Mayweather's Favor already... Floyd did not have to clock Ortiz right then when the dude had his hands down... though he did and it was legit... so that's okay. Though it's not really the type of Finish you would want on your resume...repaying bad action for bad action... especially since Mayweather was seemingly in control of the fight anyways and probably would have gotten a TKO if not a flush KO during the run of the fight anyways... but this for the most part is premeditated thought I am giving you...cause in the flow and the rush of a fight... if someone headbutts you... you would want to get that person back ASAP. So I understand why Floyd did lay him out like that. I just wish he would have beat him while the dude was in the flow of the fight. 
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Fragneto
@King Saturn said:
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:

@Fragneto said:

@King Saturn said:

Well I think you are missing a little something here... the fight for the most part was going well into Mayweather's Favor already... Floyd did not have to clock Ortiz right then when the dude had his hands down... though he did and it was legit... so that's okay. Though it's not really the type of Finish you would want on your resume...repaying bad action for bad action... especially since Mayweather was seemingly in control of the fight anyways and probably would have gotten a TKO if not a flush KO during the run of the fight anyways... but this for the most part is premeditated thought I am giving you...cause in the flow and the rush of a fight... if someone headbutts you... you would want to get that person back ASAP. So I understand why Floyd did lay him out like that. I just wish he would have beat him while the dude was in the flow of the fight. 
I didn't deny that the bouts were already in favor to Mayweather. That's why Ortiz headbutted him because he was frustrated. My point is that since Ortiz was already plotting to do something, Mayweather had to take him out. This was in the middle of a fight and Ortiz thought that if he had his hands down, Mayweather would drop his guard. It didn't work.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By King_Saturn
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:

@Fragneto said:

@King Saturn said:

I didn't deny that the bouts were already in favor to Mayweather. That's why Ortiz headbutted him because he was frustrated. My point is that since Ortiz was already plotting to do something, Mayweather had to take him out. This was in the middle of a fight and Ortiz thought that if he had his hands down, Mayweather would drop his guard. It didn't work.
Mayweather would have taken him out regardless the way the fight was going... it's just that the way he beat him was lackluster. In truth it's not really Mayweather directly to blame as it is Ortiz for not having his Guard up and starting stuff with the Headbutt... but it is what it is. 
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fragneto
@King Saturn said:
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:
@Fragneto said:
@King Saturn said:

@Fragneto said:

@King Saturn said:

Mayweather would have taken him out regardless the way the fight was going... it's just that the way he beat him was lackluster. In truth it's not really Mayweather directly to blame as it is Ortiz for not having his Guard up and starting stuff with the Headbutt... but it is what it is. 

I think Ortiz prep time back fired on himself. He should of kept fighting until the game was over instead of playing ring around the rosey
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By King_Saturn
@Fragneto said: 
 I think Ortiz prep time back fired on himself. He should of kept fighting until the game was over instead of playing ring around the rosey
yeah I guess so