Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eatmore_payless

In the Fight between Mayweather vs Ortiz, the fourth round of the battle where Ortiz approached Mayweather to apologize to his headbutt on him on the previuos round, Floyd drops a heavy 2 combination right in the face of Ortiz, while the ref is busy talking to the bout scorer, and clearly the ref didn't start the fight yet, so it end up getting Ortiz knocked out.

For me I think that it was a fixed fight, or as we Filipinos call it " Luto ". As you can see the ref, didn't watch carefully on the fight, like it was planned or maybe just an "Idiotness strike". It's the ref's job to look and manage over a fight, to make it clean and fair, but it was the other way around, yeah Ortiz headbutted Floyd but was it really intended? if so the scorer will just take away Ortiz's point. But then again, the following events were shocking, where in a true fighter approaches his enemy and apologizes, but got knocked out badly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He shouldn't have headbutted and he wouldn't have gotten stretched.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Vance Astro said:

yeah but I'm clearly stating here is that Floyd isn't fighter he is just a street brawler who will do anything for money

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Didn't watch it, but it sounds like just an unfortunate coincidence, or something a WWE writer cooked up.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikethekiller

@eatmore_payless said:

In the Fight between Mayweather vs Ortiz, the fourth round of the battle where Ortiz approached Mayweather to apologize to his headbutt on him on the previuos round, Floyd drops a heavy 2 combination right in the face of Ortiz, while the ref is busy talking to the bout scorer, and clearly the ref didn't start the fight yet, so it end up getting Ortiz knocked out.

For me I think that it was a fixed fight, or as we Filipinos call it " Luto ". As you can see the ref, didn't watch carefully on the fight, like it was planned or maybe just an "Idiotness strike". It's the ref's job to look and manage over a fight, to make it clean and fair, but it was the other way around, yeah Ortiz headbutted Floyd but was it really intended? if so the scorer will just take away Ortiz's point. But then again, the following events were shocking, where in a true fighter approaches his enemy and apologizes, but got knocked out badly.

U Mad

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@eatmore_payless said:

@Vance Astro said:

yeah but I'm clearly stating here is that Floyd isn't fighter he is just a street brawler who will do anything for money

If this was his first fight.I'd give you that but Mayweather has one over 40 fights.He's not a street brawler.He's a boxer.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eatmore_payless

@mikethekiller said:

@eatmore_payless said:

U Mad

not disrespecting black people but this is clearly a dirty fight

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad

The whole fight was so f*cked up. I always supported boxing despite the "dead" issues them MMA fanboys and Dana nuthuggers keep bringing up. But with the recent match, it just killed the sport. Hopefully Manny vs Marquez would give it the resuscitation it deserves.

Ortiz sucked cause he couldn't deliver a good match. And of course, there's this "lutong laban" rumours.

Mayweather sucked cause he lacked the sportsmanship and class athletes should possess.

The ref sucked cause he just sucked at his job.

I don't want to see a Manny vs Mayweather fight anymore. No matter how good Pacman performs, he'll just be cheapshotted by that coward or else be blamed with roids if he wins. A lose-lose situation for the classiest active boxer.

SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SurelockeHomes

I wonder if Floyd Mayweather would do any better than that other boxer who tried to figth in the UFC once(I guess he couldn't do any worse, but I wonder if he would do at least a decent job).

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eatmore_payless

@ssejllenrad said:

The whole fight was so f*cked up. I always supported boxing despite the "dead" issues them MMA fanboys and Dana nuthuggers keep bringing up. But with the recent match, it just killed the sport. Hopefully Manny vs Marquez would give it the resuscitation it deserves.

Ortiz sucked cause he couldn't deliver a good match. And of course, there's this "lutong laban" rumours.

Mayweather sucked cause he lacked the sportsmanship and class athletes should possess.

I don't want to see a Manny vs Mayweather fight anymore. No matter how good Pacman performs, he'll just be cheapshotted by that coward or else be blamed with roids if he wins. A lose-lose situation for the classiest active boxer.

you friggin right man! High five!

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Duo_forbidden

That fight was tonight?!

Ehh.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@ssejllenrad said:

Like Mayweather said "Protect yourself at all times".Don't headbutt people in the face if you don't want to get punched when you aren't ready for it.It was a legal KO.He wouldn't have had anything to apologize for if he wasn't trying to headbutt then entire time.Then he's going to try and act like it was an accident when the replay clearly shows the opposite.Eff Ortiz.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Vance Astro said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Like Mayweather said "Protect yourself at all times".Don't headbutt people in the face if you don't want to get punched when you aren't ready for it.It was a legal KO.He wouldn't have had anything to apologize for if he wasn't trying to headbutt then entire time.Then he's going to try and act like it was an accident when the replay clearly shows the opposite.Eff Ortiz.

yeah then maybe his other motto was " punch the enemy while the ref is busy talking to some shit, and even the firght didn't fight officially " am i right?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Vance Astro: The win was legit that is true. And Ortiz being defeated was what he deserved. But a legit KO doesn't always mean it's a fair KO. It's a cheapshot. Plain and simple.Ortiz was apologizing for pity's sake! It was his fault he didn't do that "protect at all times" but Floyd should have held back until that retard ref said "box" or f"fight" or whatever.

Kinda reminds me o f the TKD guy who legitimately KOed the MT guy who was trying to touch gloves. Win? yeah it was. Still doesn't make it a noble win.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@eatmore_payless said:

yeah then maybe his other motto was " punch the enemy while the ref is busy talking to some shit, and even the firght didn't fight officially " am i right?

What does the ref have to do with anything? Ortiz should have been keeping his eye on the guy he just pissed of by headbutting him purposely in the face.Eff the ref.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mikethekiller

You don't purposely head butt someone and then try to act like it's all good

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eatmore_payless

@ssejllenrad said:

@Vance Astro: The win was legit that is true. And Ortiz being defeated was what he deserved. But a legit KO doesn't always mean it's a fair KO. It's a cheapshot. Plain and simple.Ortiz was apologizing for pity's sake! It was his fault he didn't do that "protect at all times" but Floyd should have held back until that retard ref said "box" or f"fight" or whatever.

Kinda reminds me o f the TKD guy who legitimately KOed the MT guy who was trying to touch gloves. Win? yeah it was. Still doesn't make it a noble win.

this

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@ssejllenrad said:

He shouldn't have butted him.People are getting on Floyd for punching him in the face when he wasn't ready but Ortiz not only was warned early for headbutting he kept trying to headbutt every time they locked up.I have no pity on him for getting stretched like that.You fight dirty,that's what you get.Don't apologize after you PURPOSELY headbutt me.People say stuff like "why does the best fighter in the world have to resort to cheap shots" like beating Victor Ortiz fairly would have been the highlight of his career.This guy was a warm up for his next fight and he was absolutely blowing him out on the scorecard before the KO.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By jrock85

This was definitely a fixed fight.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By daredevil21134

MAYWEATHER FOREVER!!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jrock85 said:

scans or it didn't happen.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ego

headbutting the foo whether if its intentional or not and then casually walking up to him like its all good to apologies.... that's ortiz bad.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ego
@Vance Astro said:

@jrock85 said:

you want scans? how about a video?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssejllenrad

Those saying the fight is fixed need to show some proof before raising some bold claims. If it were fixed, Mayweather wouldn't be so stupid as to make the results as controversial as it was.

@Vance Astro: As for the controversy, Ortiz did what he did because he was desperate. He needed something to get Floyd off his game. The answer? He resorted to cheating. And he got a deduction that was justly given. Cheaters deserve to lose and that's what he got in the end.

Mayweather did waht he did because of an enormous ego that cannot be contained in his swelling head. The answer. A classless punch: a cheapshot. And he gets the flame that is justly given. Classless athletes deserve to be flamed and that's what he's getting now.

Does the latter's action make the actions of the first right? No. Not because Ortiz was wrong, doesn't mean Mayweather is off the hook with what he's done. He did a classless action. He needs to deal with it. And for me, the lack of sportsmanship due to desperation is less despicable than the lack of sportsmanship due to arrogance.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ego

you don't kick a pitbull and then 10 seconds later go up to it and pat it on its head. 

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmoothJammin

I smell a pactard...

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ego

ortiz tried to kiss mayweather. that's another reason to punch his ass out.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmoothJammin

That's why my favorite guy is Miguel Cotto. This guy gives you a good fight no matter what, pure class that fellow

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Ego said:

Yoshihiro Nakao vs Heath Herring Part 2?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@SmoothJammin said:

That's why my favorite guy is Miguel Cotto. This guy gives you a good fight no matter what, pure class that fellow

He ran from Manny Pacquio for two whole rounds.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ego
@ssejllenrad said:

@Ego said:

Yoshihiro Nakao vs Heath Herring Part 2?

ye, you don't play that game in the ring.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Ego said:

@Vance Astro said:

@jrock85 said:

you want scans? how about a video?

It was a joke, G.

@ssejllenrad said:

Those saying the fight is fixed need to show some proof before raising some bold claims. If it were fixed, Mayweather wouldn't be so stupid as to make the results as controversial as it was.

@Vance Astro: As for the controversy, Ortiz did what he did because he was desperate. He needed something to get Floyd off his game. The answer? He resorted to cheating. And he got a deduction that was justly given. Cheaters deserve to lose and that's what he got in the end.

Mayweather did waht he did because of an enormous ego that cannot be contained in his swelling head. The answer. A classless punch: a cheapshot. And he gets the flame that is justly given. Classless athletes deserve to be flamed and that's what he's getting now.

Does the latter's action make the actions of the first right? No. Not because Ortiz was wrong, doesn't mean Mayweather is off the hook with what he's done. He did a classless action. He needs to deal with it. And for me, the lack of sportsmanship due to desperation is less despicable than the lack of sportsmanship due to arrogance.

I understand where you're coming from but just because of what Ortiz did and what he was doing I can't feel any type of way about Mayweather doing that to him.Especially if it's legal.It's not like he headbutted back or lowblowed him.He KO'd him with a legal hit.Two wrongs don't make a right but Ortiz is actually the only person who did something wrong here.I don't know where you're getting "desperation" from.We're talking about a fight that where Ortiz was already losing in the scorcards by a large margin and nobody expected him to win anyway.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Vance Astro: If you're losing and it would seem that there is no hope for victory, you would do anything out of the ordinary. That's the desperation of Ortiz that i was talking about. In his case, the headbutt. As for Mayweather not doing anything wrong, I disagree. As I said, it's legal but not honorable. That for me is not right. But I won't argue whether or not he did wrong or not. That's subjective I guess.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator

The winner on this day was that old interview ring announced dude in the post match interview. lmao. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@ssejllenrad said:

@Vance Astro: If you're losing and it would seem that there is no hope for victory, you would do anything out of the ordinary. That's the desperation of Ortiz that i was talking about. In his case, the headbutt. As for Mayweather not doing anything wrong, I disagree. As I said, it's legal but not honorable. That for me is not right. But I won't argue whether or not he did wrong or not. That's subjective I guess.

Oh ok.I thought you said that Floyd took the cheap shot because HE was desperate.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ortiz was taking his nice guy routine, way too far. He knows Mayweather is a hot head. The ref made an error, but there should be no room for such errors to result in such a result. Saving shoulder rubbing, and hugging and hi fives for before and after the match or get a bitter chin (see Ray Sefo VS Mark Hunt) then Mayweather wants to try and start something with a 70 year old dude for pointing out how desperate for a win he didn't even try to win like a real boxer. Oh lol that was like the best hit landed on Mayfeather the entire night lol

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SC said:

Mayweather wants to try and start something with a 70 year old dude for pointing out how desperate for a win he didn't even try to win like a real boxer. Oh lol that was like the best hit landed on Mayfeather the entire night lol

LOL!!!!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By jhazzroucher

I don't like Mayweather but i think Ortiz deserved it. the headbutt was clearly intentional. If Ortiz wants to play as the devil, he would have made sure that his headbutt crushed Mayweather to unconsciousness.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@SC said:

Ortiz was taking his nice guy routine, way too far. He knows Mayweather is a hot head. The ref made an error, but there should be no room for such errors to result in such a result. Saving shoulder rubbing, and hugging and hi fives for before and after the match or get a bitter chin (see Ray Sefo VS Mark Hunt) then Mayweather wants to try and start something with a 70 year old dude for pointing out how desperate for a win he didn't even try to win like a real boxer. Oh lol that was like the best hit landed on Mayfeather the entire night lol

He really spazzed on the old dude because it kept him from talking about Pacquiao.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Vance Astro Don't be such a casual fan. 1-Manny drained him. 2-MAnny refuses to take blood tests. 3-Miguel didn't have a trainer for that fight, and it was right after a bad loss to the cheater MArgarito and the beating he took from Clottey fight. Team Roach are some cherry pickers. How come he doesn't fight Miguel now, at 154 and with Emanuel Steward as his cornerman? Instead they take a catchweight with plasterito and duck Shane Mosley, the man who whipped him. In fact, why DID they wait so long for the Mosley fight eh? It's all smoke and mirrors..and Miguel gave the catchweight king the toughest fight he's had in forever and if you rewatch if--Miguel was actually giving him problems by boxing and not trading in the late rounds. Not saying he could've won but if he employed that same strategy from the get the ending might've been completely different.The TKO wasn't even necessary b/c miguel was still fighting back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Ortiz was stupid. Seriously. He freaking tried to hug him and keep his guard down? That's stupid. If their was no headbutt they'd be no cheap shot. It was legal anyway

@ssejllenrad: Boxing isn't dead. HEAVYWEIGHT Boxing is dead.

@jrock85 said:

No it wasn't.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By armylife1124

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Didn't watch it, but it sounds like just an unfortunate coincidence, or something a WWE writer cooked up.

This is exactly what it sounded like reading the description above!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntb1124 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Not really fake.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By armylife1124

@comicdude23 said:

@ntb1124 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Not really fake.

Not the fake part, the scripted part, just sounds like some story line crap....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Mayweather is a prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: Why?

@ntb1124: It wasn't scripted....it didn't seem like it either...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@comicdude23 said:

I dont like people that are massively cocky and punching some one while they are saying sorry makes you a prick in my eyes, regardless what he done to you before.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe headbutting only deducts points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

I dont like people that are massively cocky and punching some one while they are saying sorry makes you a prick in my eyes, regardless what he done to you before.

• Ortiz intentionally headbutted him
  • The ref said start the fight and carry on. He told Floyd this
  • Ortiz, for some reason wanted another hug
  • The round was still going
  • Ortiz left his guard down
It was legit and on top of that Ortiz let his guard down and the round was going.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@comicdude23 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@comicdude23 said:

• Ortiz intentionally headbutted him
  • The ref said start the fight and carry on. He told Floyd this
  • Ortiz, for some reason wanted another hug
  • The round was still going
  • Ortiz left his guard down
It was legit and on top of that Ortiz let his guard down and the round was going.

Thats all well and good but he still punched someone in the face while he was saying sorry so I think he's a prick