Draw 9%
Mayweather by Unanimous Decision 57%
Mayweather by TKO 9%
Mayweather by KO 4%
Mayweather in a STOMP 4%
Will not watch 0%
I don't care 13%

Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

The Boxing Match of the year takes place on September 14. Will it live up to the Hype? Are you going to watch it? Who are you rooting for? Who will win and how?

#1 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayweather. He always wins.

#2 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

@superskrull86: Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#3 Posted by mikethekiller (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even care anymore.

#4 Posted by sabracadabra (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope canelo wins, but mayweather probably will.

#5 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: I feel the same way after every Mayweather fight, but I bounce back. I hope this time is different.

#6 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm a brotha. But that being said, I really wanna see Floyd fail.I

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (14450 posts) - - Show Bio

Canelo has the best chance out of just about everybody, but Mayweather still has this. He's 36 and still in his prime..

#8 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I agree but.....Canelo by KO hopefully or by UD realistically. I think his power is going to take control of this fight. If he can be consistent and trap Mayweather, he has got this.

#9 Posted by i_like_swords (14450 posts) - - Show Bio

@silkyballfro94: Oscar De La Hoya and Cotto both tried that.. both failed.

And I don't see how Canelo will be able to KO Mayweather. Mayweather has gone up against huge punchers his whole career, and he hasn't even been knocked down once. Whenever he has been tagged well he gets over it in no time.

He's got an inpenetrable defence, iron chin, and no reason to lose to anyone in the sport today.

As I said, Canelo has the best chance out of everyone, but he won't be able to pull it off. Floyd is literally the best boxer on the planet today. I don't think there is one person on the planet that can beat him.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

Canelo isn't a good enough technical fighter to take Floyd. His power is only relevant if he can outsmart Floyd and get into his defense and I don't think he's skilled enough for that. Thus far Canelo hasn't really fought anybody.

#11 Posted by Skysword (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Canelo has a sluggers chance due to his power.. but that's it. Floyd is the best pound for pound fighter alive to day, he has all the tools to take down Canelo and he should emerge victorious.

#12 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we'll find out in a week from today. I'll be sure to bump this after the fight. So we can discuss whatever happens. I CAN'T WAIT a second longer!

#13 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Canelo has the best chance out of just about everybody, but Mayweather still has this. He's 36 and still in his prime..

I agree.

#14 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who to root for. I like Mayweather but Canelo is from Gudalajara MX. I want both of them to win XP

( + )

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be a 12 round unanimous decision for Mayweather, Jr.

It will not be worth paying to see it. Don't fall for the hype.

#16 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be a 12 round unanimous decision for Mayweather, Jr.

It will not be worth paying to see it. Don't fall for the hype.

I am not sure I agree with you saying not to see it as it could turn out to be interesting, but I do agree with your prediction of the result.

Canelo's advertised power just hasn't impressed me, he is not one of those fighters with the "touch of death" where they can just knock you out with 1 or 2 punches, Canelo has to land a fair bit of damage on a fighter before they are susceptible to a knockdown from him. The problem then comes that Floyd has probably the best defense in all of boxing, and if Canelo can't stack up a lot of damage on Floyd he isn't going to be able to knock him down. In my opinion Floyd has the better conditioning and boxing skill so if Canelo doesn't brawl him in the first 4 rounds and manage to stack up multiple good hits to the head and body to really take the steam out of Floyd he isn't going to win. Chances are its going to look fairly even for the first four or so rounds and then Floyd is slowly going to start picking Canelo apart as the fight progresses just as he typically does against most other opponents.

However I could be completely wrong, Canelo could have trained ridiculously hard and come out strong and actually land some good shots on Floyd and put him down, but I doubt it.

#17 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMPTASTIC

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (15377 posts) - - Show Bio

mayweather jumps around the ring and wins by points like a PSSY

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayweather will win by Decision

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Floyd to get popped! Really fking hard.

#21 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Floyd to get popped! Really fking hard.

It could happen... I just don't think it will enough. Remember Floyd has Taken Shots from Heavy Hitters when they slipped through his Defense before.

#22 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: I know. I don't like his arrogance; no matter how much he has earned it.

#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly feel like Arsonal Vs DIzaster will be a better match tonight.

( +)

#24 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

( +)

Of Course It Will... All Mayweather Fights are just him Eluding Punches for 12 Rounds while picking off his Opponents will Pillow Punches. Only hope for excitement is if Canelo is fast enough to Tag Floyd a few times.

#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

( +)

Of Course It Will... All Mayweather Fights are just him Eluding Punches for 12 Rounds while picking off his Opponents will Pillow Punches. Only hope for excitement is if Canelo is fast enough to Tag Floyd a few times.

I would still love for Canelo to win. He's from Guadalajara that's 8 hours away from my homeland and he's representing the light skinned Mexicans... (yes, I am shallow like that.)

Imma watch it at a friends house and I can already tell it's gonna get active if Canelo lands a few solid hits.

( +)

#26 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

( +)

I would still love for Canelo to win. He's from Guadalajara that's 8 hours away from my homeland and he's representing the light skinned Mexicans... (yes, I am shallow like that.)

Imma watch it at a friends house and I can already tell it's gonna get active if Canelo lands a few solid hits.

( +)

I would not mind if Canelo won... Mayweather has been on Top for decades now... if he finally gets caught then it's all good. It was a heck of a run.

#27 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell a KNOCKOUT....by Canelo to Floyd's face. I really want to see it happen. At the very least, I think Mayweather is getting knocked down tonight. Both of them have a shot, We'll find out if Canelo steps up and delivers or if Money May will remain undefeated.

#28 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

Golovkin Gennady is The Next Big Thing in Boxing.

#29 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@king_saturn said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

( +)

( +)

I would not mind if Canelo won... Mayweather has been on Top for decades now... if he finally gets caught then it's all good. It was a heck of a run.

I still kind of want Floyd to win though, because everyone wants him to lose. He's kind of like the underdog to me because nobody wants him to win, well at least with a majority of my friends.

What I'm saying is this is kind of a win win situation for me.

( +)

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what would be remarkable is if Mayweather won by Knockout.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

So far it looks like another Mayweather fight where he dances to another decision... So far.

#32 Posted by pooty (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: @king_saturn: I don't watch boxing. I keep hearing Mayweather runs around. But he has 26 KO's. That is more then half his fights. Does he tire out his opponent then go in for the kill? What is he doing that people don't like?

#33 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

he's not a power boxer

@pooty said:

@russellmania77: @king_saturn: I don't watch boxing. I keep hearing Mayweather runs around. But he has 26 KO's. That is more then half his fights. Does he tire out his opponent then go in for the kill? What is he doing that people don't like?

he's an endurance fighter, so yea his ordeal is that he is usually faster and better at countering than most fighters. he will run you tired before you actually land any significant punches. and people don't like primarily because o his mouth

#34 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

26 Knockouts in 44 wins is not a Great KO percentage and when you consider that most of Mayweather's Knockouts came when he fought at lighter weight classes that is also something for you to consider.

Mayweather usually picks his opponents apart for 12 rounds and wins UD. That gets boring after a while though.

@blkson said:

@king_saturn said:

he's not a power boxer

@pooty said:

he's an endurance fighter, so yea his ordeal is that he is usually faster and better at countering than most fighters. he will run you tired before you actually land any significant punches. and people don't like primarily because o his mouth

Well Mayweather was dropping his opponents in the Lower Divisions.

#35 Posted by BR_Havoc (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Only way Canelo could win is by knockout and with Mayweather's boring always blocking and counter punching style that will not happen. It will go to the judges and Mayweather will win because he boxes for judges.

#36 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: He was in his 20's and early 30's though. He's now in his 40's, his game plan has changed considerably. He is mainly a counter boxer and uses his endurance to wear down his opponent. Beautiful fighter to watch.

edit :he' almost in his 40's

#37 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayweather def Canelo via UD ( I don't know if Canelo even won a single round in this Fight ).

#38 Posted by russellmania77 (15377 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: what he is doin that I don't like is pretending to be the best when he beats people that where once good that are no longer good by points, then he ducks real boxers that are in their prime; every time he is on TV all he does is flash his millions in his bag that he carries around at all times and also that's 27 knock outs, 27 being his wife that he beat up

#39 Edited by pooty (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: I'm reading it was majority decision. CJ Ross gave it to Canelo(if what i'm reading is right)

#40 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@king_saturn: He was in his 20's and early 30's though. He's now in his 40's, his game plan has changed considerably. He is mainly a counter boxer and uses his endurance to wear down his opponent. Beautiful fighter to watch.

Mayweather is 36 now... so he isn't quite 40. Though he is still somewhat fun to watch... I just wish he could give us a good KO win for old times sake.

#41 Posted by BR_Havoc (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Ah that made me laugh. I agree with you he picked Canelo kids not even close to being in his prime. Mayweather will only pick fights that he won before the bell. The idea that people think he is the greatest ever is a joke and fighters like him are just the nails in the coffin of boxing

#42 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@king_saturn: I'm reading it was majority decision. CJ Ross gave it to Canelo(if what i'm reading is right)

CJ Ross is completely out of his mind. That fight was no where near close. It was an absolute blowout.

#43 Posted by i_like_swords (14450 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: what he is doin that I don't like is pretending to be the best when he beats people that where once good that are no longer good by points, then he ducks real boxers that are in their prime; every time he is on TV all he does is flash his millions in his bag that he carries around at all times and also that's 27 knock outs, 27 being his wife that he beat up

Incorrect, he's the real deal.

#44 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way you could have said this if you saw the fight tonight... Floyd beat a 23 year old Canelo who is on the Up and Up. He absolutely clobbered him.

#45 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7849 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayweather dominated Canelo.

But, like expected, a lot of people are butt hurt.

#46 Posted by russellmania77 (15377 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by i_like_swords (14450 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by pooty (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

If i'm Mayweather I don't change my style a bit. Some people are power fighters. he's an endurance fighter who takes advantage of others mistakes. nothing wrong with that.

#49 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the worst boxing night of my life. To begin with, the stupid AT&T Uverse crap service ruined the night. It was choppy and pixelated and lagging the whole pay per view. I was so mad. My aunt got on the phone and called hoping to fix the problem, but they couldn't. Luckily, my cousin's friend sent him a link to the fight free on some website. So we proceeded to watch it and bring chairs to the basement where the computer is. Then a couple of geniuses get the idea of hey why not hook up the computer to the living room tv, so everyone wouldn't be cramped in the basement. So we disconnected everything and then quickly hooked it up to the tv while the match had just started. Of course, we couldn't get the link to work anymore and by the time we decided to just watch the crappy pixelated pay-per-view. It was already the 9th round. We literally did not see the fight, except for the last rounds. I mean I was so pissed off but in the silent way. I watched the last rounds that chopped up every couple seconds and at the end, Mayweather wins.....I was so ready for this fight and so excited. But everything went wrong and kept getting worse. I thought Canelo was going to put on a FIGHT, but I was wrong yet again. I honestly don't know if I can come back to Boxing anymore...:(

#50 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no beating money mayweather he is way too elusive and he should have everyone's respect. Not to mention he was more than gracious in his victory and gave major props to canelo