#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (44096 posts) - - Show Bio

After quite a long wait, Max Payne is finally back. Chat about the slow-motion goodness here.

Staff
#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of glad they didn't go with the bald retired security guard look. Hope to try and get it at some point.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (44096 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Agreed. I'll likely pick it up tomorrow.

Staff
#4 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Agreed. I'll likely pick it up tomorrow.

I'll probably have to wait awhile myself. Short on funds and all that.

#5 Edited by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Max Payne 2 is my all-time favorite game. Ever. I've legitimately played through that game more times than I could count.

From what I've played of Max Payne 3, I couldn't have asked for a better follow-up to that game. It looks fantastic, the story is thrilling, the controls are a proper evolution of the original game's mechanics, the dialogue & music are excellent. It's just about everything I could've asked for, sans full in-game seasons of Address Unknown, Dick Justice, Captain Baseball Bat Boy and Lords & Ladies.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (44096 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Understandable. It seems as though Diablo 3 has totally overshadowed this release. That's a shame seeing as all reviews are praising it.

Staff
#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Understandable. It seems as though Diablo 3 has totally overshadowed this release. That's a shame seeing as all reviews are praising it.

Well, to be fair, Diablo III has been expected for a long time, so it's inevitable, really.

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (44096 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Of course. Diablo is obviously a much bigger franchise, but I'm surprised to see not as much chattter about it, especially since fans of the series have been waiting for almost a decade now.

Staff
#9 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Of course. Diablo is obviously a much bigger franchise, but I'm surprised to see not as much chattter about it, especially since fans of the series have been waiting for almost a decade now.

Cannot chatter about what you cannot play...

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (44096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Says the guy who can't play Diablo on launch day. It seems like I've played more of Diablo 3 than you have. Open beta weekend for the win, foo!

Staff
#11 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: Says the guy who can't play Diablo on launch day. It seems like I've played more of Diablo 3 than you have. Open beta weekend for the win, foo!

LOL I was actually referring to myself and all Diablo 3 owners. The servers have been up and down all day. I got roughly 3 hours of play time in though.

#12 Posted by mikethekiller (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the quick look and the game seems nice, brings back memories of the first M rated game I ever played.