#1 Posted by pooty (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen all 3 Matrix Movies and had no problems with them. Until now. I'm watching them with my 13yr old nephew and he has tons of questions. and I have no answers. so could you Matrix experts help me out.

1) Is the Architect the maker of the machines? Or a product of the machines?

2) What is the Oracle? Why does she exist? How does she know the future? Why does she help the humans?

3) Why do the machines allow any humans to awaken? Whenever they reboot the Matrix they allow a group of humans to awaken. Why?

4) In Maxtrix: Reloaded who are the twin ghost? What is their story/history?

5) How was Neo able to stop the sentinels in the real world?

#2 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. The Architect is the Creator of the Matrix. I think he also created the Machines, but that is never explicitly stated. What we see is the digital representation of the Architect within the Matrix. So we see the Matrix version of the guy who made the Matrix, in the Matrix.
  2. The Oracle is a sentient program who has nearly full knowledge of the Matrix. She exists to unbalance the equation within the Matrix. She knows the future because that is what she is programmed to know. As for why she helps the humans...why does anyone do anything?
  3. It is the One who awakens humans. After the massacre of Zion, he awakens a group of humans until he dies. The humans then begin the search for the next One.
  4. They work for the Merovingian. I don't think there's any more to tell.
  5. Because fck you, that's how.
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33059 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay it has been awhile since I last watched the films but I will have a try at answering these.

1) The Architect is not the maker of the machines but the creator of the Matrix,he is a highly specialized humorless program.A program is

"In the Matrix universe, a program can be a sentient Machine entity that appears as a human within the artificial world of the Matrix." Weather he is supposed to be based off of the person who had something to do with the creation of the machines I don't know but the Architect is not a human.

2) Not sure I see someone else has posted a link with alot of the answers.

3) Humans awake from the Matrix because they are "unplugged" The Machines do not want people to be unplugged so they do not allow it.As the agents where sent to find Neo and Mopheous in the first film.

4) The twins are probably just another different program in the Matrix maybe a special type of program.

5) Again I am not 100 percent sure.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually find these questions interesting. These are the reasons I like the last Matrix movie: the lore is awesome.

1. He is a program. Think of him as the admin. But he is not the creator of the machines: the creator of the machines is humanity. They are controlled by the Deus ex Machina (big machine Neo sees in the end); some think he's the same thing as the Architect, others say he's not.

2. She is the Matrix. Or at least the current generation of the Matrix. There are three Matrix phases: the first one was a paradise where everybody got their heart's desires. But human nature could not accept this, and many "crops" died in the process. The second Matrix was based on "cause and effect" programming, and was considered the "Nightmare" Matrix where horrors lived in the world. The Merovingian is the Oracle-equivalent to the Nightmare Matrix, which he essentially governed as the thing that kept "order," but he is obsolete. The Oracle, now, is the "Choice" Matrix, where humanity is given an illusion of choice. It's also debated as to whether or not the Oracle was ever on anybody's side. She is another system of control; I'll get to that in a minute.

3. That is part of the illusion of "choice." The humans needed to believe they had choice.

4. They are the creatures that roamed the Nightmare / "Cause and Effect" Matrix. Some believe they are Agents who governed that version of the Matrix. They, along with the Merovingian, are obsolete and have been replaced.

5. He is a product of the machines. He and Trinity are part of the control; both are part machine, because the machines built them for just that purpose. Neo was created to reboot the Matrix, and therefore - because he was born with the Code - he was able to interact with the machines and see the Code in the Matrix. Trinity was created as a "safety" in order to give Neo another illusion of choice. But she and Neo were always meant to be together, because they were genetically created for that specific purpose.

Essentially, free will is a lie, and it always was in the Matrix. Neo, however, did defy the machines when he did not reboot the Matrix when he was supposed to.

Moderator
#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I actually find these questions interesting. These are the reasons I like the last Matrix movie: the lore is awesome.

1. He is a program. Think of him as the admin. But he is not the creator of the machines: the creator of the machines is humanity. They are controlled by the Deus ex Machina (big machine Neo sees in the end); some think he's the same thing as the Architect, others say he's not.

2. She is the Matrix. Or at least the current generation of the Matrix. There are three Matrix phases: the first one was a paradise where everybody got their heart's desires. But human nature could not accept this, and many "crops" died in the process. The second Matrix was based on "cause and effect" programming, and was considered the "Nightmare" Matrix where horrors lived in the world. The Merovingian is the Oracle-equivalent to the Nightmare Matrix, which he essentially governed as the thing that kept "order," but he is obsolete. The Oracle, now, is the "Choice" Matrix, where humanity is given an illusion of choice. It's also debated as to whether or not the Oracle was ever on anybody's side. She is another system of control; I'll get to that in a minute.

3. That is part of the illusion of "choice." The humans needed to believe they had choice.

4. They are the creatures that roamed the Nightmare / "Cause and Effect" Matrix. Some believe they are Agents who governed that version of the Matrix. They, along with the Merovingian, are obsolete and have been replaced.

5. He is a product of the machines. He and Trinity are part of the control; both are part machine, because the machines built them for just that purpose. Neo was created to reboot the Matrix, and therefore - because he was born with the Code - he was able to interact with the machines and see the Code in the Matrix. Trinity was created as a "safety" in order to give Neo another illusion of choice. But she and Neo were always meant to be together, because they were genetically created for that specific purpose.

Essentially, free will is a lie, and it always was in the Matrix. Neo, however, did defy the machines when he did not reboot the Matrix when he was supposed to.

Great answers.

Yeah I think the Matrix universe is very interesting.

#8 Edited by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Great answers.

Yeah I think the Matrix universe is very interesting.

And I have the Animatrix to thank for getting me into Anime. I'm still not sold on the style, but I like the fact that Anime can do serious storylines.

Moderator
#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Great answers.

Yeah I think the Matrix universe is very interesting.

And I have the Animatrix to thank for getting me into Anime. I'm still not sold on the style, but I like the fact that Anime can do serious storylines.

Yeah I am not that into anime partly because of the style

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@JediXMan said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Great answers.

Yeah I think the Matrix universe is very interesting.

And I have the Animatrix to thank for getting me into Anime. I'm still not sold on the style, but I like the fact that Anime can do serious storylines.

Yeah I am not that into anime partly because of the style

You should check out some Anime for the good story.

It should be obvious what I'm going to recommend, but here it is: Code Geass.

Moderator
#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@JediXMan said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Great answers.

Yeah I think the Matrix universe is very interesting.

And I have the Animatrix to thank for getting me into Anime. I'm still not sold on the style, but I like the fact that Anime can do serious storylines.

Yeah I am not that into anime partly because of the style

You should check out some Anime for the good story.

It should be obvious what I'm going to recommend, but here it is: Code Geass.

Hmm I might do.