• 110 results
#1 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting the collectors edition

It's gunna be BEAST !!!

#2 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

While this is one for GB over there it would be locked for Youtube Spam. I am also looking foreword to the game.

#3 Posted by Dommed_Cannon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioware knows what all the real fans want. Give us an Elcor squad member.

#4 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope Thane is coming back.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light: I will as well 
#6 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one excited for just the patch alone?

#7 Posted by Dommed_Cannon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Not getting the game if Harrot's not in it.

Best character in Mass Effect 2

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

Already have it pre-ordered, can't afford the collector's edition, but I still plan to get the game regardless.

#9 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

Between Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim I'm going to forget to eat.

#10 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I am already broke with Assassins Creed, Skyrim, Saints Row, CoD, Battlefield all coming out so close, thankfully Mass Effect does not come out til March!!!!

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dommed_Cannon said:

Hanar. I want a Hanar. 

Also, who else would like to see an animated movie of the all-Elcor Hamlet? Come on.
#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@Dommed_Cannon said:

Hanar. I want a Hanar.   Also, who else would like to see an animated movie of the all-Elcor Hamlet? Come on.
A motion-capture adaption of Mass Effect, directed by Ridley Scott, with J.J. Abrams and James Cameron producing, would be pure cinematic brilliance.
#13 Posted by Dommed_Cannon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Dommed_Cannon said:

Hanar. I want a Hanar.

There is only one choice for a Hanar squad member. The Hanar Spectre.

#14 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37588 posts) - - Show Bio

"Note to self" Play Mass Effect games.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got it.

It's really, really good so far. But for some reason, I'm just.. not getting the same feeling as ME2. I guess I have to wait and see. But I miss some of ME2's features. And I liked the layout of the Normandy better in ME2.

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (37588 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

The games are only for 360 right?

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

The games are only for 360 right?

It's on PC, too - which is what I'm playing it on. The second and third games are also on the PS3, but not the first game.

#19 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

So I found out that you can actually promote your multiplayer characters ala prestige system from Call of Duty. You're multiplayer character gets added to the war effort in the single player game, this is essential if you want the best ending possible.

#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought a pair of Nikes for $115. Mass Effect 3 can wait. LOL.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

So I found out that you can actually promote your multiplayer characters ala prestige system from Call of Duty. You're multiplayer character gets added to the war effort in the single player game, this is essential if you want the best ending possible.

REALLY????? awww man...that means I've got to get started on the multiplayer to...I really hadn't planned on playing it at all...the single player is going to take to much time away from DCUO as it is

#22 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm gonna buy it this weekend ^_^

#23 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

REALLY????? awww man...that means I've got to get started on the multiplayer to...I really hadn't planned on playing it at all...the single player is going to take to much time away from DCUO as it is

http://beefjack.com/news/bioware-clarify-how-to-get-mass-effect-3-perfect-ending/

#24 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

The character sacrifices in this game were certainly heartfelt. Each major mission has some heartfelt sacrifice that I really enjoyed.

I'm just disappointed they didn't give me an "Ah yes Reapers" option with the Turian Councilor.

#25 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

http://beefjack.com/news/bioware-clarify-how-to-get-mass-effect-3-perfect-ending/

so not playing mulitplayer doesn't affect the ending at all but it does make it so that you don't have to recruit so many people

#26 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

so not playing mulitplayer doesn't affect the ending at all but it does make it so that you don't have to recruit so many people

Yes, but if you're not going to do the multiplayer make sure that you finish the side missions you've gotten before the tuchanka missions before you finish the tuchanka missions because some missions will suddenly be blacked out and be considered incomplete because of an event.

#27 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Yes, but if you're not going to do the multiplayer make sure that you finish the side missions you've gotten before the tuchanka missions before you finish the tuchanka missions because some missions will suddenly be blacked out and be considered incomplete because of an event.

will do...thanks for the info without spoiling anything

#28 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

No problem, I'm a bit weary on spoilers considering I got permabanned from a different forum for posting fake spoilers that I can now confirm didn't come true at all.

#29 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

No problem, I'm a bit weary on spoilers considering I got permabanned from a different forum for posting fake spoilers that I can now confirm didn't come true at all.

I've stayed far away from any kind of spoilers for this game because I want to be able to make the decisions on my own without having knowledge of what may happen

#30 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I've stayed far away from any kind of spoilers for this game because I want to be able to make the decisions on my own without having knowledge of what may happen

Yeah but my spoilers were pulled out of my ass kind, one that I made up a month before ME3 got released. I understand if it were something I made up after it was released and I actually had some knowledge of what's going on but that wasn't the case. Plus the fake spoiler was really just me piecing two and two together with the situation in ME2, it's pretty much just a guess, one of the mods even agreed that if I had only added "I think this will happen because in ME2 this and this would logically equal this" I wouldn't be permabanned from N4G..

#31 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:There are also 16 different endings, depending on if you destroyed the Collectors Base in ME2 or not, there are 8 if you did and 8 if you didn't.

#32 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

After finishing the game I went to the Bioware forums and glad to see that I wasn't the only one completely disappointed by the endings.

#33 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

Is it? I had heard that it wasn't required. Does it matter if I have 100% of the war assets?

Also, how do I get higher than 50% on each space sector?

#34 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

I have about 90% on the Effective Military Strength bar and I'm about to go to Thessia. Where does that leave me?

#35 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for a price drop to buy the regular edition alone. Not worth it at full price..

#36 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Steps said:

@danhimself said:

@Dex_Starr said:

I have about 90% on the Effective Military Strength bar and I'm about to go to Thessia. Where does that leave me?

The next point of no return is the mission after Sanctuary. You'll know it because the game basically tells you that it's a no turning back kind of deal.

#37 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

Might get it

#38 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

The game is going to be epic

#39 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

just got done with the Citadel stuff after the Tunchaka missions....Kai Leng is a beast!!!!

#40 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm disappointed with the game for the following reasons.

1. Ending sucks (makes all your decisions worthless).

2. Dumbing down RPG elements for fear of casual players.

3. Paying for content that's already on disc.

I'm glad I didn't spend sixty dollars on this. I love Mass Effect, but when it's reduce to what three is then I have no interest in continuing the story. I'll spoil it for myself by watching youtube videos.

#41 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Is it as good as Mass Effect 2?
#42 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all right so far.

#43 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: No. Seriously, NO!

#44 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

I think I prefer 2 in many ways. I think I prefer it due to the difference in exploration.

#45 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@I'maDC/ImageGuy!: I see. Interesting video.

@JediXMan said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

I think I prefer 2 in many ways. I think I prefer it due to the difference in exploration.

How about the combat and characters?
#46 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne:

Combat has gotten better. Although they emphasized "stealth" and "stealth" is basically a matter of "who do I kill first" because no matter what you do or how you do it, everyone will be alerted the second you kill someone. So I skipped the melee, took out my sniper rifle, and performed a headshot on whoever I felt was the biggest (one-shot-able) threat.

The inclusion of the "heavy melee attack" is rather nice. But I felt cheated of some real hard-hitting melee.

As for characters... I don't know what I can say without giving away spoilers.

#47 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Sounds pretty good. Thanks.
#48 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!:I have to agree with you

I picked the paragon ending where you control the reapers. I like the geth so I didn't want to kill them, I don't feel right converting the entire galaxy into synthetics. The only positive part of the synthesize ending is that Joker can finally bang EDI.

#49 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

just got done with the Citadel stuff after the Tunchaka missions....Kai Leng is a beast!!!!

I thought they made him look weak.

He could barely contend with Thane even though he was terminally Ill. He ran from Shephard on the Asari planet then Shephard punked him out by breaking his sword and killing him.

#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:

I'm disappointed with the game for the following reasons.

1. Ending sucks (makes all your decisions worthless).

2. Dumbing down RPG elements for fear of casual players.

3. Paying for content that's already on disc.

I'm glad I didn't spend sixty dollars on this. I love Mass Effect, but when it's reduce to what three is then I have no interest in continuing the story. I'll spoil it for myself by watching youtube videos.

The content on the disc was a free download regardless...