Marvel fail

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chaos-soul

so i have the latest marvel encyclopedia. 
this is sapose to be a revision but its has a shit load of typos.
my favorite one was when it said that apocalypse's weight was about 7 feet tall
and why is it missing chars. like squirrel girl is no where to be found

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons
That sucks...Good thing we have Comic Vine
chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chaos-soul
@Agent Buttons: indeed but its good swag to have if u have an extra 50 buks layin around.  does topcow/image have an encyclopedia?
ill be getting dc's new one next
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The latest Marvel Encyclopedia is endorsed but not published by Marvel so Marvel isn't really to blame they just provide the information.DK books failed...

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Power NeXus
@Vance Astro said:
"The latest Marvel Encyclopedia is endorsed but not published by Marvel so Marvel isn't really to blame they just provide the information.DK books failed... "

So that's why my Marvel Encyclopedia is all screwy... 

Mine says that Firelord and Rage have the ability to fly and understand the language of birds.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"The latest Marvel Encyclopedia is endorsed but not published by Marvel so Marvel isn't really to blame they just provide the information.DK books failed... "
So that's why my Marvel Encyclopedia is all screwy...  Mine says that Firelord and Rage have the ability to fly and understand the language of birds. "
Well there is actually two versions.There is one series published by Marvel and another by DK books.The one that Marvel produces has less profiles but gives you major arcs and ratings for each character.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:

" Like Vance said, it's a DK published encyclopedia, I've never checked the Marvel one but I have gone through their Vertigo one and as far as that one's concerned I'd say its a nice resource if you know nothing but if you're an expert it has some errors and little things that could be done better. I don't think anyone should use an Encyclopedia as straight-up fact but most people beg to differ. Guess it all depends on how seriously you take the god-breathed word of a creative team whose just trying to make a big-a$$ book with little concern for the minor details. "

I think the sad thing about it is if the information is coming right from the source it should at least be right.Me and Static had a conversation about this yesterday.We found several inaccuracies in Marvel's Official Handbook.It makes me think "why write it..if you're going to make up stuff? Who is this book going to help?" It seems like the people who are the least knowledgeable don't even seek out books like that.And who actually reads them? I just try to refer to them when I don't know something off hand but these things have become like wikipedia.Most people just think the books lie at this point.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geometry

I love Marvel books but they are known for typos.