• 59 results
#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

This forum thread is for those in the Vine community that play Marvel: Avengers Alliance to share advice, tips, talk strategy, expand on your allies, and discuss about the game. Here are some questions to help you get started in this thread.

1. What's your favorite PvP team?
  2. Who's your favorite and most used hero?
  3. What's your favorite used equipment?
  4. What's your favorite Iso-8 resource?
  5. What is the uniform your Agent is equipped with?

Also, please feel free to check out this community fan page for Marvel: Avengers Alliance to add allies, interact with other active MAA players, and make sure to like the page for daily rewards: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marvel-Avengers-Alliance-Group/177527305691183

#2 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

As with any RPG, level up as much as you can :D I suggest getting Colossus/Cyclops or Human torch/Invisible Woman.

Cyclops 3rd skill gives your team automatic counter attacks!

Current team up right now is Cyclops and Wolverine :D

Weapons are the Sinister sceptre and Ionic Sledge.

Faves of course are Human Torch, War Machine, Wolverine, Cyke, Colossus, and Iron Fist!

#3 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so behind on this game and ive missed so many of the "special characters" tbh. Once I get a new computer i plan to start playing more and try to catch up. I kind of just used my favorite characters lol, scarlet witch is on the team at the moment. But i haven played in months.

#4 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

you can add me if you want. I have a level 114 i think. use me as a distress call when u fight loki and itll be a big help. I actually have another account i use strictly for pvp

FF thing anf FF invisible woman are and insanely good team. I am in the top 1.5% with them in pvp

#5 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

FF thing anf FF invisible woman are and insanely good team. I am in the top 1.5% with them in pvp

I decided to check this team out cause I use FF Thing and FF Spidey. Definitely replacing Spidey with Invisible Woman.

#6 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7820 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

If you know how to use her right she's one of the best support characters.

There was this one guy I kept on going up against that kept on using her force fields on the more powerful characters and whenever I tried to attack her she kept on evading.

I hated fighting that guy...

#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: True that. I'm starting to work with Hawkeye more often. It's turning out pretty well for me. Hawkeye and Invisible Woman make a pretty good team-up for sure.

#10 Edited by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

PvP teams are based on your level bracket. Judging by the responses here, you're all pretty low levels. Invisible Woman is not a top end PvP hero at higher levels. But she's good up until about level 75.

There is a trick to getting more SHIELD points without having a bunch of people you don't know on your facebook account:

Invite 50 people (the max) to be friends on Facebook, then make them allies in the game, then remove them from your friend's list. They will remain allies in the game. You can find innumerable people who want to do this in the response section of MAA's official Facebook posts.

#11 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much at high level PVP you are guaranteed to fight Rescue 9 out of 10 times accompanied by Emma Frost, Phoenix, or War Machine. Most agents will have Warbringer Axe. It gets rather repetitive.

Right now i'm level 204, and my pvp team is generalist agent with girls best friend, signpost, hotshot, and cosmic flame, FF Storm, and FF Thing.

#13 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey its a defensive team so just make your agent a blaster. Thats what i use. They can barely ever do damage to anyone unless they go first or if their pvp bonus is way higher than yours. I have those two plus warbringer axe. Your right about rescue i fight her a ton but i have no problems. Invisible womans force cage is awesome. I actually find Ironman movie armor the most annoying

@raw_material just look up my fb account name Christian Frehse. its a really rare name easy to find.

#15 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: K sounds good. I'm back playing on my main facebook account, but I'll send you a request. Recently, I've been playing with Human Torch and Invisible Woman. What do you think my agent should be? I have him as a generalist, but with some upgraded Isotopes.

#16 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material thats a great pvp team but iso's aren't as important in pvp. U wanna lvl up ur heroes and stock ur armory to get good in pvp. if ur talking just missions ill have to take a look at ur characters once i can view ur AA profile. idk what ur characters are. if u have FF torch and sue they have alternate classes also. She can be infiltrator or a blaster he can be bruiser or blaster so depending on that i can tell u the the best class for agent

#17 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: K sounds good. Still getting used to this RPG, but definitely one helluva fun game though! There's so much variations you could use, it's almost hard to find the right equipment and stuff that will suit your team. I'm almost thinking about getting one of those scrapper suits so I'll be able to attack twice in some situations, but for right now my agent's just the support player atm.

#19 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: @bogey: Just finished my goal on getting FF Human Torch and FF Invisible Woman. This team up is nasty! Invisible Woman holds it down for the other two of my guys. Her force fields are very useful when trying to keep my agent alive and Human Torch flaming up for some critical damage. Check out my profile now, I've been playing a lot...and I mean a lot these past couple days. Keep on getting into the Diamond League then dropping back down to Gold, but I only used my team one time in PvP so far, gotta wait till I recharge my energy levels. Literally just got ahold of Invisible Woman's FF Infiltrator Suit. I have Human Torch as a Bruiser and works really well to clean out the battlefield. My agent's a generalist right now, but my next step into forming this dream team I'm gonna try to get him to be a Blaster. My Agent right now has the Girls Best Friend, Knuckle Sting, and the Psyche Blaster. Team is more of a defensive team ATM, but my Human Torch is gaining more man power as I level up my Iso-8's and stack my armory up. Oh and my armory is pretty much filled with those rebreathers which have high defensive PvP bonuses. I really find my team annoying, but I seen more harsher team-ups then mine. I've played a dude that had Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch, holy sh!t that was brutal!

#21 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm about level 130 something..My pvp team consists of me using an infiltrator jacket,Captain America(WW 2 outfit for Shield guard),and Ghost Rider. Some people try to say GR isn't that effective if the opponent has scroll of angolob..Yeah it takes away the sin but that's easily built back up. GR's saved my team's ass a lot of times..Burnout+plus penance stare on a character that's got like 4+sin on them usually equals instakill because you can hit them for 30k-50k dmg. I used GR on a team when fighting the Red Skull on a group battle..RS was at 70% hp and I built up the sin on him..Burn out and PS and his HP went from 70% to like 30-40%. I was like "dayum!" lol But yeah with Cap and GR I win a majority of my matches unless the guy's got higher stats then me. Only thing I hate about AA right now is Playdom has become greedy as hell these past few months.. No hero costs less then 90-130cp and the CP drops in game are pathetic so you're pretty much forced to spend real $$$ if you want some of these heroes. Not only that but they'll feature them in spec ops so you're forced to get them even if you didn't want them if you want the spec ops hero..I didn't have X-23 to get Wonder Man but I heard he wasn't that great anyways. Also playing him he didn't feel that great either

This game's become too unfair for those who try to play the game the free way and rewards those who spend their money

#22 Edited by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

This game's become too unfair for those who try to play the game the free way and rewards those who spend their money

It's very easy to accomplish anything you want without paying a dime. The armory consists of 60 total items, and it's all unlocked once you reach 150. If you fill it with up-to-date 2g items, that's 120 total gold you'll need.

12 chapters, 6 missions a chapter. 4-starring each mission = 1 gold. There is 72 right there.

The roulette can give you 1 or 10 gold, depending on what seasons are going on.

You're level 130, that's 129 more gold.

You still have 170 levels to go, or 170 gold.

Try doing some free offers for gold, you can easily gain 50-100 gold doing those over an hour or so.

Ultimately, you'll end up with a 110k/110k armory with up-to-date balanced 2g items. Spending no money. This will easily allow you to get well into Adamantium as long you use your challenge points regularly.

If you're having an issue with command points, unlock chapter 12, mission 2. It allows you 2 roulettes for 20 energy, potential for a maximum of 15 CP per run, and 45 for a full bar of energy.

#23 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: yep thats a good team. Once u get force cage it is even easier.Strange and scarlett witch are annoying to fight. I still prefer thing over torch. My agent is decked for damage. I actually fight ff invisible woman and ff torch quite a bit on the way up to the top 1%.

#24 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: One more level for my FF Invisible Woman and she unlocks the "Force Cage". She's equipped with 2 Iso-8 fragments, 1 Reactive Patient Iso-8, and 1 Refined Skillful Iso-8 Chip most of which are focusing on her stamina, health, evasion, & defense so that she could stay in the fight longer, keep throwing up force fields, and help the team stay defended from critical hits, specifically my Human Torch. He's an Annihilus Bruiser and decked with Iso-8 focusing on attacks and accuracy. As for my Agent, I just strapped him with a Scrapper's Dermosteel Suit and equipped him with the Maggia "Triggerman" machine pistol which allows him to counter attacks done against him, which is really useful in PvP. I stacked him with Iso-8s focusing on his health, attack, and accuracy. This team-up works really well for me ATM. The Future Foundation bonus attacks/defenses you get are unreal!

And by the way, I finally made the Vibranium League! I need that Blaster Suit for my agent and my dream team is pretty much complete!

#25 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material nice sounds like your team is pretty solid. I think the FF bonuses are some of the best team ones in the game. If you stay in vibranium league you will get the gold and be able to get all the armory pages after a few seasons wich will push you further to the top

#26 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: Yea sounds good to me. I've been playing it safe in PvP today cause I know there's tons of other teams out there better than mine (which I've encountered) and I don't wanna lose my position in the Vibranium League. 1 more day left until the tournament's over, so I think I'll jus wait it out until then. I think I'm like rated 1360 or something around there...I know I'm top 2% in this game right now, so I'm pretty solidified in this league. Once we get the rewards I'll be leveling up my heroes, specifically Invisible Woman so that she could get her Force Cage, unlocking the 3rd page of my armory (if possible), recruiting more blasters and scrappers for hero bonuses, and equipping my agent with more advanced equipment. I really want that serpant spear and warbringer axe!

P.S. Your agent does work when sounding my distress calls! Huge help in spec ops.

#27 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

np thats actually my main first account. I dont play pvp to much with that one. I use my alt account for pvp. Youll be fine if you just wait it out. Usualy if ur in top 2% you wont lose too much ground from not playing.

#28 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't try in PVP lol. When I do, I barely hit 800... haha even though I'm over level 200

#30 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

It's very easy to accomplish anything you want without paying a dime. The armory consists of 60 total items, and it's all unlocked once you reach 150. If you fill it with up-to-date 2g items, that's 120 total gold you'll need.

12 chapters, 6 missions a chapter. 4-starring each mission = 1 gold. There is 72 right there.

The roulette can give you 1 or 10 gold, depending on what seasons are going on.

You're level 130, that's 129 more gold.

You still have 170 levels to go, or 170 gold.

Try doing some free offers for gold, you can easily gain 50-100 gold doing those over an hour or so.

Ultimately, you'll end up with a 110k/110k armory with up-to-date balanced 2g items. Spending no money. This will easily allow you to get well into Adamantium as long you use your challenge points regularly.

If you're having an issue with command points, unlock chapter 12, mission 2. It allows you 2 roulettes for 20 energy, potential for a maximum of 15 CP per run, and 45 for a full bar of energy.

Yeah roulette's aren't very reliable. Although they have such things on them..your odds are more at getting a useless item over the actual CP/gold/etc. Last spec ops I got the consumable item 95% on every day of it's time period. I couldn't even get Wonder man because I didn't have the CPs to buy X-23 and I wasn't going to waste real money just to get her..besides he wasn't that good anyways so it wasn't a total loss. However what you're talking about also requires a lot of time and that's part of the problem with Playdom. They reward those who spend their money to get the easy way compared to those who play the game the free way and try to work for what they earn

#31 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7820 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Oh, yeah. I'm sorry, but lately I've not been playing that much. I've got allot going on right now with work and everything.

#32 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474:

Yes, that's the point. You're essentially buying 'time' with real money. But there's not thing they can get that you can't if you want to go the free route.

@cfrehse

@gambit474

@raw_material

I don't try in PVP lol. When I do, I barely hit 800... haha even though I'm over level 200

I'm actually the author of the top PvP characters stickied thread on the Official Playdom Forums. The best PvPers out there give every character a rating, and then I average them out to display to everyone. It is a great tool for discovering where your fvorite players lie in the grand scheme of things:

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread.php?301333-PvP-Hero-Viability-Rating

#34 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Made it to admantium league before the tournament closed, I got my Angel! Now I just gotta go and try him out, soo syked! My PvP with be a top team some day, I could guarantee you that.

#35 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually when you're pressed on time with a Special Ops going..other life stuff doesn't exactly give you too much time to harvest what you need in case you need to get a hero for ex. I've just now started the new spec ops but I hope it doesn't require any recent PVP reward heroes. I don't have x-23,fantomex,red hulk,and shatterstar

#36 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: What heroes do you prefer in PvP and Spec Ops? I have 48-49 CP and wanna recruit another hero, I'm decided on either Quicksilver, Phoenix, or Kitty Pryde.

#37 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone needs allies, PM me and I will add you on facebook. I need as much help as possible. But good news, I got the adamantium league for the first time in pvp and unlocked Angel

#39 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@biggkeem89: Good on ya mate! lol, I'll add you. Gonna send my FB acount in a PM. I made admantium for the first time too. Angel's a pretty good support player if you play him right.

#40 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited: I recruited Phoenix cause of her level 2 attack and the white crown suit. Also equipped my Dr. Strange w/ the modern blaster suit. Great team-up. Still trying to level Phoenix up. Now in progress of equipping her with the upgraded suit.

#41 Posted by Reef (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Avengers online?!

#42 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Add me on MAA to become allies. Send me your facebook account over a PM. I also have an account on playdom as well if you wanna add me on there too.

#45 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

I play avengers

heres my roster
agent level 103

iron man [default skin] level 10

black widow [default skin] level 11

hawkeye [default skin] level 11

black cat [default skin] level 7

captain America [default skin] level 9

colossus [default skin] level 10

Cyclops [default skin] level 9

daredevil [default skin] level 10

dr strange [default skin] level 10

hulk [default skin] level 9

human torch [default skin] level 9

invisible woman [default skin] level 9

iron fist [default skin] level 8

kitty pryde [default and shadowcat infiltrator skins] level 9

luke cage [default skin] level 8

mr fantastic [default skin] level 9

ms marvel [default skin] level 11

nightcrawler [default skin] level 6

phoenix [default skin] level 6

she-hulk [default skin] level 7

sif [default skin] level 11

spider-man [default infiltrator and symbiote infiltrator skins] level 8

spider-woman [default skin] level 8

storm [default skin] level 10

thing [default skin] level 10

thor [default skin] level 8

war machine [default skin] level 9

wolverine [default skin] level 9

havok [default skin level 3

im currently wrapping up chapter 8-5 and contemplating chapter 8-6

#46 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: What's your account? Do you play on Facebook or the Playdom site?

#47 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: Here's what I got:

Agent Level: 57

Uniform: Scrapper DermoSteel Jumpsuit

Gear: Crooked Grin, Trident, Frank Castle Special, Curative Reach (PvP)

Iron Man [Default] - lvl 6

Black Widow [Grey Tactician Suit] - lvl 9

Hawkeye [Default] - lvl 6

Dr. Strange [Modern Blaster Suit] - lvl 9

Human Torch [Annihilus Bruiser Suit] - lvl 9

Invisible Woman [FF Infiltrator Suit] - lvl 9

Ms. Marvel [Default] - lvl 4

Phoenix [White Crown Blaster Suit] - lvl 8

Storm [Default] - lvl 4

Wolverine [Brown-and-Tan Scrapper Suit] - lvl 9

Angel - lvl 5

Main PvP Team: Dr. Strange, Human Torch, Agent

Other Option(s): Human Torch, Invisible Woman; Human Torch, Black Widow; Human Torch, Wolverine

Alternative PvP Team: Wolverine, Phoenix, Agent

Other Option(s): Phoenix, Kitty Pryde; Wolverine, Dr. Strange

#48 Edited by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: What's your account? Do you play on Facebook or the Playdom site?

facebook under james rankin [sharon, pa] and look for kitty pryde as my avatar

my gear is the sonic fist, girls best friend, nano-nurse and perforator

I don't play pvp or spec-ops

#50 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

don't think anyone should worry too much if they don't get Satana..i don't find her to be that great. Some of her abilities are ok but she mostly debuffs your group in the process. Daimon is the better reward in this spec ops