Marry Me Or I'm Leaving You. What Do You Do?

• 86 results
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Fck ultimatums.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@inlife said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Leave them. Someone who tries to force me into an ancient, outdated concept is not worth any of my time, never mind being in a relationship with.

I keep hearing that a lot but could you it explain to me?

I am not interested in marriage either but I fail at seeing how it could possible be outdated. There just seems to be multiple types of relationships around and stating that one is outdated means that there is one that is superior. In light of the fact that we all have our prefrences and views, seeing one type of relationship (like dating) as superior to another (like marriage) would come from a certain perception which is undoubtedly biased and not fact.

It's ancient, but I am just not sure how I could possibly call it outdated.

Its just not needed anymore and seems to be on the decline. Marriage used to be more useful but now its not really needed. Marriage comes as a result of a relationship going further, (in most cases not counting arranged marriage and the like,which we can agree are not a good thing). and people feel the need to get married for whatever reason. The concept just seems outdated since it is not needed yet people still like to cling to it.

I am calling it outdated not you here. So you may well have a different view to me in that regard.

I don't really feel that strongly about marriage just that its not for me since it is irrelevant and outdated. But I have said it before and I will say it again. I absolutely support equal marriage and peoples rights to get married regardless of sexuality, for them to have the same equal rights. That is something I feel strongly about.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By kuonphobos

Call the bluff. Agree but then keep putting it off...indefinitely.

I mean if they are gonna treat it like a game then so will I.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mrdecepticonleader:

I often think about how changed the world will be when humanity becomes a Type 1 civilization. However, marriage is big thing in religions so it's not going away anytime soon, same thing with religion.

Personally, I see it as an option that you could apply to your car (relationship). Some couples just feel that they want a declaration and the concept of marriage is passed down from each generation. Everybody (Yes, you included) thinks about marriage at a point in their lives. It is an idea that seems to stick around and the fact that it's ancient just indicates how resilient it really is.

Really, it's always up to the couple. Marriage has no true set value as the effort and consideration placed into the relationship is different among people. That is why, if I ever want to get married, I would find a partner who is willing to give the marriage the same value I want to give it; nobody gets dissapointed and the couple's vision of their relationship is synced.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inlife said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

I often think about how changed the world will be when humanity becomes a Type 1 civilization. However, marriage is big thing in religions so it's not going away anytime soon, same thing with religion.

Personally, I see it as an option that you could apply to your car (relationship). Some couples just feel that they want a declaration and the concept of marriage is passed down from each generation. Everybody (Yes, you included) thinks about marriage at a point in their lives. It is an idea that seems to stick around and the fact that it's ancient just indicates how resilient it really is.

Really, it's always up to the couple. Marriage has no true set value as the effort and consideration placed into the relationship is different among people. That is why, if I ever want to get married, I would find a partner who is willing to give the marriage the same value I want to give it; nobody gets dissapointed and the couple's vision of their relationship is synced.

Again I am not religious so I take as a similar context to that.

Thinking about has to do with the fact it is a part of society. Just because something maybe resilient does not mean its not outdated,

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inlife said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

These are the words I have to say, but I'm not that great at wording my thoughts.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

You're right. But here we are, two western civilized gentlemen, discussing an interesting subject. There are places, like where I come from, where you might as label yourself crazy or an idiot when you speak with such views. For such cultures, marriage will never be outdated. Makes you think of how society will end up in the future, doesn't it?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inlife said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

You're right. But here we are, two western civilized gentlemen, discussing an interesting subject. There are places, like where I come from, where you might as label yourself crazy or an idiot when you speak with such views. For such cultures, marriage will never be outdated. Makes you think of how society will end up in the future, doesn't it?

Yeah. That is true. It does. Id like to see how we progress past our own lifetime. Would be really interesting. Makes mortality a bit of a shame really. Ha

Where do you come from? By the way.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Way off topic and not really germaine to the OP but I thought I might share a few thoughts for whoever cares:

The idea that marriage is outdated must surely rest upon a specifically Western perspective. In other words one might be able to say "Marriage is an outdated concept in the West" and this might be a defendable position based upon divorce statistics, etc.

And I would fully agree with the statement "Marriage is an outdated concept within non-religious Western demographics." Although it is then curious to me why the LGBT community would care about marriage for the most part (a caveat to recognize that there are many religious folk in the LGBT community)

But one cannot make the blanket generalization that marriage is outdated for all mankind. It certainly is not for religious communities nor for non-Western communities where it may be defined completely different than in the West.

Such blanket generalizations seem to have a little "Western superiority" built into them or they are naively myopic.

In my opinion of course.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

anyone who gives crazy ultimatums probably isn't worth it.

Avatar image for katrin_romanoff_004
Katrin_Romanoff_004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect someone impersonating him and say no.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not do ultimatums. None of that Your Job or me, your friends or me, your hobby or me, marry me or I leave. Nope! I am not having a shotgun wedding.

[×] √8

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 the_stegman  Moderator

Depends, the rebel in me want to say if you can stop loving me and are willing to give up on ''us'' just because you don't have a ring, then you can kick rocks. However, the nice guy who loves compromise, in me says just marry her to shut her up.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love em & leave em friend...love em & leave em....

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90% of people on comicvine are virgin. hell i will do antthing for sex

WTF? And this is relevant how?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MonsterStomp

@mitran said:

@monsterstomp said:

@abhi471990 said:

90% of people on comicvine are virgin. hell i will do antthing for sex

WTF? And this is relevant how?

Personally I'd like to know who did the study.

Lol. Maybe it's just pure stereotype. Women aren't attracted to "geeks" so we don't get any. Yet, most of us aren't even geeks.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@pyrogram said:

Say bye.

No girlfriend worth having would give me an ultimatum like that.

What he said. When people say crap like that just leave em. The relationship is already over.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ultimatums are unacceptable.

Let em go.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Realistically, I'd try to laugh it off and play dumb

Yeah that won't save you this time. We gettin' married or what?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryprune said:

Realistically, I'd try to laugh it off and play dumb

Yeah that won't save you this time. We gettin' married or what?

Awwwwww heeeeeeelllll naaaaawwww

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

it depends on the situation.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Nope, not to an ultimatum like that.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 things I hate in life

5.Reality Tv Shows

4.People disrespecting animation

3.Cake/Pie

2. Black light

1. And Ultimatums

If someone gives me an ultimatum I'll try mt hardest to go against that person's wishes

so bye.bye.bye

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@bumpyboo said:

Within a WEEK??

No.

Jog on :/

Loading Video...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#81 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it takes that much to get someone to marry you then its not worth it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me- I'll marry you if you give me a good time.

30 minutes later....

Me- I lied.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to find three find three valid reasons to say no. One is enough...the extra two are to make sure. And ask why she feels the need to put you in this position. Marriage for me and the mrs is really cool. But the key to making it successful (so many say) is not to live together beforehand. Seeing as me and the wife are each other's second...I can vouch for it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Nope.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get in the car baby, we are going to Vegas!

no, that wont work, I'm danish.