• 51 results
Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Mark Wahlberg or Jeremy Renner? (47 votes)

Mark Wahlberg 74%
Jeremy Renner 26%

Who do you like better?

#1 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Jeremy Renner because he did a memorable role as Hawkeye, to be fair.

As for Mark Wahlberg. I don't hate him, but he's just another action star to me.

#2 Edited by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru Mark gets no respect for his role in The Departed or The Fighter? What is this world?

#3 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26860 posts) - - Show Bio

Wahlberg.

#4 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahlberg

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because I mentioned The Departed right?

#6 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru Mark gets no respect for his role in The Departed or The Fighter? What is this world?

I just didn't really care for The Departed as much as everyone else. I mean, it was good. But I honestly don't like Matt Damon at all, nor am I a massive fan of Wahlberg. I do really like Jack Nicholson though, like ALOT.

The Fighter was good, but again.. I don't really like the actors in it. Didn't do much for me. Great movie, but I still say if I had to go off my personal opinion and who I remember more, I'm gonna go with Renner.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Strider92 (16833 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahalberg! He's got too much "Swagger"!

Shooter>Hawkeye!!!

#9 Edited by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: How could I forget Shooter?! Loved that one.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Wahlberg by far.

I don't like Renner.

#11 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Renner looks like a pissed off lebouf

#12 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

marky mark ftw

#14 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Renner. Mark Wahlberg is a racist.

At 15, Mark Wahlberg harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting racial epithets. When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him “Vietnam f#####g s##t he also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: “I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes.” He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt.

#15 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26860 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

At 15, Mark Wahlberg harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting racial epithets. When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him “Vietnam f#####g s##t he also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: “I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes.” He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt.

Dang.......I never knew that......f*ck Mark Wahlberg.

#16 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

mama said 'knock you out'

#17 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I certainly hope he has deeply regretted for his past. Nevertheless, since we've been talking about acting performance etc, I prefer Wahlberg. Needless to say, if he continues having all this hatred in his heart, it's a pity, and I say, shame to him, and nothing more.

#18 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I certainly hope he has deeply regretted for his past. Nevertheless, since we've been talking about acting performance etc, I prefer Wahlberg. Needless to say, if he continues having all this hatred in his heart, it's a pity, and I say, shame to him, and nothing more.

It's who do you like more, not who's the better actor.

#19 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahlberg, I don't think Jeremy Renner is a good actor.

#20 Edited by Teerack (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

Marky Mark.

#21 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

He was 15 and 16, went to prison, and now he's 42...nuff' said.

#22 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (15069 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahlberg.

#24 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@hbktimhbk: Maybe to you.

Maybe to me he was a kid and now he's older? I'm pretty sure that's more factual than opinion. He's renounced what he did years ago, said he got his life back on track, show me where he's still this twisted person and maybe I'll believe you.

#25 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Wahlbergs. Come on Marky Mark fought dem evil trees. Renner is fine, I mean I haven't seen him in much. But Mark for this one

#26 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

renner has been in like a bad bourne movie and avengers. wahlberg has talked to plants. end thread.

#27 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

renner has been in like a bad bourne movie and avengers. wahlberg has talked to plants. end thread.

Why do people always make fun of that scene? It wasn't that bad, or even stupid. Studies have shown that plants do respond to positive vibes, and Wahlberg was trying to give off positive vibes. Not to mention he was desperate. Yes, I liked Wahlberg in The Happening and I found that movie to be EXTREMELY underrated.

#28 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend of mine talked to plants for her science fair project, at first it was dismissed as BS, but I think she got away with it and figured out a decent enough correlation to pass judging...personal anecdote that is irrelevant, but I felt the need to share it ^_^

#29 Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio

Renner,

Marky Mark takes things way too seriously, he's always frowning.

#30 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Renner,

Marky Mark takes things way too seriously, he's always frowning.

...Why is it I thought the exact same thing, but for Renner? Where's his emotion? XD

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Renner looks like a pissed off lebouf

Lol! Yeah, he does! LaBeouf sucks, too.

#32 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Jeremy Renner because he did a memorable role as Hawkeye, to be fair.

As for Mark Wahlberg. I don't hate him, but he's just another action star to me.

this

#33 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

wow......

Mark Wahalberg! He's got too much "Swagger"!

Shooter>Hawkeye!!!

Meh.I disagree. Movie Hawkeye was much better....not that Shooter was bad.

#34 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movies Wahlberg was in:
Shooter

The Happening (There, I said it...Sue me)

The Departed

Ted

Four Brothers

The Lovely Bones

Great Movies Renner was in:

The Town

The Avengers

Still need to see Hansl and Gretl...Is it any good?

#35 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: You didnt like the new Bourne movie? I thought it was, at least, on par with the others, if not a little better.

That being said...Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch FTW!!!!

#36 Edited by russellmania77 (15816 posts) - - Show Bio

Marky mark by a mile

#37 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Still need to see Hansl and Gretl...Is it any good?

If it's good, I bet it's because of the villain...ugh, Famke Janssen...so hot

*slaps self*

Forget I said that XD

#38 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Marky Mark please... thank you! (yum)

#39 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. This is hard.

#40 Edited by _Braveheart_ (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahlberg.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Hansel and Gretel is just a gore bath. The plot is pretty stupid. I've just seen it four times in a row because of Gemma Arterton as Gretel. She's smoking hot. By the way you missed out The Fighter and Pain and Gain for Mark's good films :)

@vortex13 said:

That was a very long time ago and didn't Mark do time? He isn't a racist anymore.

#42 Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@phaedrusgr said:

It's who do you like more, not who's the better actor.

I never said "Who do you like more as a person" either. Just overall who's better at doing what they do.

#43 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Wahlberg for me. Liked him in Shooter and Ted.

Renner's good and all, but a little dry I find. I only really enjoyed him in Hurt Locker.

"Back when Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark/This was how we used to make the party start"

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (38302 posts) - - Show Bio

Wahlberg. Renner to me seems pretty one dimensional. I've seen Wahlberg cover a few planes of acting and have never really been disappointed.

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

The Happening is the greatest film of all time.

#46 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Wahlberg. Renner to me seems pretty one dimensional. I've seen Wahlberg cover a few planes of acting and have never really been disappointed.

#47 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I wouldn't say that, but it's still a great movie. Great tribute to the 50's B-Movies with a great environmental message, a smart script and just a great twist. Only downside was Zooey Deschanel (Who SUCKED) B+

#48 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there a battle between the two Pseudo-Damons?

#49 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

Well, I wouldn't say that, but it's still a great movie. Great tribute to the 50's B-Movies with a great environmental message, a smart script and just a great twist. Only downside was Zooey Deschanel (Who SUCKED) B+

The Happening is the greatest motion picture of all time.

#50 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Hansel and Gretel is just a gore bath. The plot is pretty stupid. I've just seen it four times in a row because of Gemma Arterton as Gretel. She's smoking hot. By the way you missed out The Fighter and Pain and Gain for Mark's good films :)

Oh yeah, I did miss The Fighter. *facepalm* Yeah, that was a great movie, should have put it there. Haven't seen Pain and Gain, but I love Marky Mark so I'll give it a shot. As far as Hansel and Gretel, I just wanted to see it because it has a great cast and looks like the most insanely fun movie since Freddy v.s Jason (Which actually had great acting, pretty likeable and developed characters and a decent albeit not great plot for a slasher)