#1 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15297 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

10-year-old Gryffin Sanders of Golden, Colo., saved his own life, his grandmother’s life and his brother’s life, by taking control of a moving car after his grandmother passed out while driving the vehicle.

Quick thinking Gryffin grabbed the wheel and steered the vehicle into a muddy ditch on the side of the road. He credits his experience playing the popular Nintendo video game Mario Kart with giving him the ability to solve the dire situation and save his family members.

“I (wanted to) get us somewhere where we could get out of the way of traffic,” said Gryffin in an interview.

NBC affiliate KUSA-TV reports that Sanders suffered from a heart attack and lost conciousness. The car was driving at 60 mph when Gryffin took control of it.

While Gryffin doesn’t mention it, the Wii version of Mario Kart probably helped him develop his 1337 driving skills. The game comes with a steering wheel attachment for the Wiimote and motion-based controls were also featured in the game. In order to turn your cart you had to turn the Wii’s controller.

In other News a GTA player had the same problem, his grandma died, since he think that killing hooker with his car was more fun that helping people.

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (9075 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow lol.

#3 Edited by tparks (6156 posts) - - Show Bio

In other News a GTA player had the same problem, his grandma died, since he think that killing hooker with his car was more fun that helping people.

This sounds like you should write for Jay Leno. lol. That was a good one liner though.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

And people say video games are useless.

#5 Edited by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

My Father did something similar when he was a kid. Him and his brother were sitting in a car on the top of a steep hill while his mother went in to a local store. The car started rolling down the hill and my dad (Who was only 7 at the time) grabbed the steering wheel and crashed the car into a neighbor's fence instead of the traffic.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20886 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by INLIFE (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting for a guy who goes all Splinter Cell on a shoplifter.

#8 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

And people say video games are useless.

What I was thinking lol. Games statistically speaking(racing games especially) have proved to improve and test ones reflexes and reaction time, tend to serve as beneficial to the brain. :)

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15297 posts) - - Show Bio