Mario does it again, Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets perfect ratings!

• 41 results
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30

Well, not sure who is a huge gamer here or not but I am and big Nintendo supporter over the years, afterall I grew up on them and they're still here today so kudos....you still have it. 

The New Super Mario Game, Super Mario Brothers Galaxy 2, received a perfect rating on Gamestop 10, IGN 10 and 4 and half stars out of 5 from Gameinformer, gametrailers 9.7 , joystiq.com loved it, G4tv gave it 5 out of 5, and 1up.com gave it an A, Gameinformer gave it 9.25 and Nintendo Power rated it the highest, best Mario Game ever(as well as some others here) 

So, Mario owns again! Anyone here going to get it? I will once I get the money, I just got Split Second which is good but I will get this game next for sure to hold me off til MK9 hits later this year.  

IGN Review gives Mario Galaxy 10! 

http://gameinformer.com/games/super_mario_galaxy_2/b/wii/archive/2010/05/19/mario-shines-in-epic-sequel.aspx

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermariogalaxy2/index.html

http://g4tv.com/games/wii/61991/super-mario-galaxy-2/index/    

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3179424 

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/21/super-mario-galaxy-2-review/ 

Who else will get this game? Looks awesome!   

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By capall

another new mario game? dang this character will out live all of us, lol
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MKF30
@capall said:
"another new mario game? dang this character will out live all of us, lol "

lol that's true, I just got a kick watching Mario fly thru Space like Superman..well Super Mario lol
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By capall

the best game is super mario kart with 4 players, this game never gets boring when playing amonst friends that are intoxicated, lol
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By capall
@Edamame:
the best is the star or the shell with the heat seeker, you get to bust ppl up from behind and it can be used at the last min to win, lol
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By capall
@Edamame:
i use the princess and the bad guy with the red shell, i think combined they have the best and the most effective weaponry
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Theodore

nice, the first one was awesome

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By biggkeem89

Super Mario Kart Wii is the best. My friends and I play a variation called "Mario Krunk". Whatever place you come in in a race, that's how many times you have to drink. Its awesome
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By capall
@Edamame:
i don't know the name of them but there are 2 i believe the bad guy wit the green shell and the red one, so whom ever the red shell dude is the guy i use when i do get the chance to play
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By capall
@Edamame:
i guess, lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Static Shock

It's Mario. What do you all expect? LOL.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Edamame said:
" Nothing beats Super Mario 64. "
LIE.

The first Mario Galaxy already did, imo.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn
its me.... MARIO  !!!!!!
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Edamame said:
LIE.  The first Mario Galaxy already did, imo. "
QFT
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Big "N" does it again!!!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" It's Mario. What do you all expect? LOL. "

Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always preferred the Crash Bandicoot series. Although, ever since it switched the developing team its games have gotten worse.

Crash Team Racing was the best! :)

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" It's Mario. What do you all expect? LOL. "
"
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DH69

meh isnt enough for me to want to dust of my wii

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Matezoide2
@DH69 said:
"

"

what about No More Heroes,Silent Hill Shattered Memories,Madworld,Litte King Story,Oboro Muramasa,Monster Hunter Tri,Metroid Prime Collection, Zack n Wiki,Wario Land, Red Steel 2, Deadly Creatures,The House of Dead Overkill,Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles,RE 4, Disaster Day of Crisis,Punch Out, Trauma Team, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Excite Bots Trick Racing,Mario Kart, Tatsunoko vs Capcom,Super Paper Mario,SSBB, every Gamecube game and everything else i forgot?

haters.... *facepalm*

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DH69
@Matezoide said:
" @DH69 said:
"

"
what about No More Heroes,Silent Hill Shattered Memories,Madworld,Litte King Story,Oboro Muramasa,Monster Hunter Tri,Metroid Prime Collection, Zack n Wiki,Wario Land, Red Steel 2, Deadly Creatures,The House of Dead Overkill,Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles,RE 4, Disaster Day of Crisis,Punch Out, Trauma Team, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Excite Bots Trick Racing,Mario Kart, Tatsunoko vs Capcom,Super Paper Mario,SSBB, every Gamecube game and everything else i forgot?  haters.... *facepalm*  "

the wii and nintendo in general is a failed console to me and out of all those games only madworld, SSBB (which really dissapointed me), and red steel 2 could be considered "good".
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Matezoide2
@DH69: 
then why all of these games were rated well over 8 (and some were rated well beyond 9)?
you just hate the Wii and Nintendo,Wii has several great games,if you dont try to see it and just comes with ''meh,this is not enough to dust off my Wii'',your just a hater/troll who cant see the great games Wii haves,i am full of this ''Wii (and other consoles like PS3) has no good games'' BS
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DH69
@Matezoide said:

"@DH69:  then why all of these games were rated well over 8 (and some were rated well beyond 9)? you just hate the Wii and Nintendo,Wii has several great games,if you dont try to see it and just comes with ''meh,this is not enough to dust off my Wii'',your just a hater/troll who cant see the great games Wii haves,i am full of this ''Wii (and other consoles like PS3) has no good games'' BS "

ps3 has great games they just have limited exclusives that rate as well as the 360's. i just find the power of the wii to be weak compared to what nintendo could have done with it, if they just tried harder.  the wii is great for what it is a console made for people who arent generally gamers and just wanna have fun but to me, its about how much a console can actually do and for that i find its limitation to be to great of a flaw. and honestly i would have been much happier if they stuck with the code name Revolution instead of going with WII...i die inside a little more everytime someone asked if they're played a wii
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Matezoide2
@DH69 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"@DH69:  then why all of these games were rated well over 8 (and some were rated well beyond 9)? you just hate the Wii and Nintendo,Wii has several great games,if you dont try to see it and just comes with ''meh,this is not enough to dust off my Wii'',your just a hater/troll who cant see the great games Wii haves,i am full of this ''Wii (and other consoles like PS3) has no good games'' BS "
ps3 has great games they just have limited exclusives that rate as well as the 360's. i just find the power of the wii to be weak compared to what nintendo could have done with it, if they just tried harder.  the wii is great for what it is a console made for people who arent generally gamers and just wanna have fun but to me, its about how much a console can actually do and for that i find its limitation to be to great of a flaw "
i can agree with some parts,however
 PS3 having worse exclusives is only opnion
i undestand your point about you dont liking the Wii because it is far weaker than PS3/Xbox 360 and i know it is made for people that arent really gamers,what i mean is,it HAS great games for gamers the games i listed are a proof of that,despite it focusing more on the casual gamers
i am sorry for souding rude
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DH69
@Matezoide said:
" @DH69 said:
" @Matezoide said:
ps3 has great games they just have limited exclusives that rate as well as the 360's. i just find the power of the wii to be weak compared to what nintendo could have done with it, if they just tried harder.  the wii is great for what it is a console made for people who arent generally gamers and just wanna have fun but to me, its about how much a console can actually do and for that i find its limitation to be to great of a flaw "
i can agree with some parts,however  PS3 having worse exclusives is only opnion i undestand your point about you dont liking the Wii because it is far weaker than PS3/Xbox 360 and i know it is made for people that arent really gamers,what i mean is,it HAS great games for gamers the games i listed are a proof of that,despite it focusing more on the casual gamers i am sorry for souding rude "

alls good
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Matezoide2
@DH69 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @DH69 said:
" @Matezoide said:
i can agree with some parts,however  PS3 having worse exclusives is only opnion i undestand your point about you dont liking the Wii because it is far weaker than PS3/Xbox 360 and i know it is made for people that arent really gamers,what i mean is,it HAS great games for gamers the games i listed are a proof of that,despite it focusing more on the casual gamers i am sorry for souding rude "
alls good "
good *thumbs up*
RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RonSiconolfi
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Edamame said:
LIE.  The first Mario Galaxy already did, imo."

no it didnt--SM64 is classic and the best mario game period 

anyways im a huge zelda fan and
not even gonna play the new mario game --just been looking foward to the next zelda since 2006
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MKF30
@Static Shock said:
"It's Mario. What do you all expect? LOL."

lol this is true...Nintendo does go all out when it comes to the Italian plumber lol 

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shattered007
@Static Shock said:

More then half of his games are mediocre 

Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Sluggers, 

But still, Galaxy 2 looks badass, finally a reason to play my Wii again
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Matezoide2
@Shattered007 said:

" @Static Shock said:

More then half of his games are mediocre  Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Sluggers,  But still, Galaxy 2 looks badass, finally a reason to play my Wii again "
these do not count

@RonSiconolfi said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
" @Edamame said:
LIE.  The first Mario Galaxy already did, imo."
no it didnt--SM64 is classic and the best mario game period  anyways im a huge zelda fan and not even gonna play the new mario game --just been looking foward to the next zelda since 2006 "

wtf? the next Zelda will come in 2011-2012
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MKF30

Some of those games are also not 100% nintendo but third party...but I have to say Mario Baseball and Mario Soccer/Strikers are great games.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MKF30

lol ^

SMK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SMK100

No surprise, its Mario.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MKF30

Damn, 7 months late bud ^ lol but thanks for posting.
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Makes me wish I didn't sell my Wii.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By sexy_merc

IGN ratings .

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MKF30

Wasn't just IGN, Gamespot also enjoyed it...among just about everyone else lol. 

Usually though I agree, IGN I don't always agree with but they got it right this time... 

The new DKC is also great, and far harder then the old 3 I must say lol.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By sexy_merc

Galaxy was way too easy imo. 2 was a little more challenging but yeah, DKC was one of the Wii's best titles this year. .