• 64 results
#1 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is more beautiful and who haves a better personality?..

vs

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I liked Taylor better both as a woman and obviously as an actress, even though Monroe was still stellar, at least in regards to the former.  

No idea about their respective personalities, I never really put my mind to researching it.
#3 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I liked Taylor better both as a woman and obviously as an actress, even though Monroe was still stellar, at least in regards to the former.

No idea about their respective personalities, I never really put my mind to researching it.

I respect both ladies,but i give it to Marilyn.beautiful,down to earth and a great personality...From what i heard about Elizabeth Taylor,she lacks in personality but i could be wrong.Their both beautiful but i pick Marilyn.

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe.

#5 Posted by Raiiyn (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

GAAHHH

WHY? why must you ask such a hard question...

Honestly, they were both absolutely amazing and wonderful actors. I think I might have to go with Monroe though.. and only because I live by one of her quotes...

Otherwise they are tied in my books, along with Hepburn, Rogers, Davis and Harlow.

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raiiyn said:

It sounds pretty cool, I'll give you that.  

Until you put your mind to it and realize it's extremely silly, that is.
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#8 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor, but Gardner ftw.

#9 Posted by Raiiyn (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I don't think it's very silly. I mean it's not something I follow word for word. I just like the quote in a sense that it shows that sometimes you need to be sceptical. Don't believe everything you hear. And not just in romantic situations.

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raiiyn: If you take it word for word without additionally adding or excluding variables based on personal experience(s), I think the advice is indeed rather silly, honestly.
#11 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe in both cases, she was beautiful, and she seemed to have a very real personality.

#12 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor had a perfect facial structure and features.

Marilyn did not. But the features she had worked with each other.

And since I didn't know either one of them, I have no idea what their personalities were like. They were actresses, so they had different personalities in different roles.

#13 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

#14 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn was alot more beautiful. But Elizabeth Taylor could out act Marilyn any day.

#15 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn. Always. So damn sexy and gorgeous.

*gets jealous*

#16 Posted by Catman9 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe

#17 Posted by Protoon (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Marilyn more, just for Some Like It Hot, one of my favourite movies! :-)

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

Monroe cause she died while still being gorgeous. Elizabeth Taylor was labeled the most beautiful girl in the world once... But (consider me offensive) her look before her death was quite... Scary...

Audrey Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman outclasses both of them in my book though.

#19 Posted by RUDEMIESTER (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Monroe

#20 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by TheBully_ (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Amazing woman. I vote for Marilyn Monroe all day any day.

#22 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBully_ said:

@X35 said:

Amazing woman. I vote for Marilyn Monroe all day any day.

She is so beautiful.The most beautiful girl in the world in my opinion

#23 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Monroe cause she died while still being gorgeous. Elizabeth Taylor was labeled the most beautiful girl in the world once... But (consider me offensive) her look before her death was quite... Scary...

Audrey Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman outclasses both of them in my book though.

I apologize for being some what rude,but Audrey Hepburn was cute but she has a body of 15 year old girl and Ingrid Bergman were'nt close to Marilyn and Elizabeth.Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor out class them body and beauty wise,but thats my opinion..

#24 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylvia Kristel trumps both!

#26 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy Well Mariyln did great in: Niagara, Bus Stop, The Misfits, Some Like It Hot, The Seven Year Itch, How to Marry a Millionaire and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. She was up their with elizabeth in book

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Elizabeth Taylor never looked better than when she was in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" but except for that one time, Marilyn always looked much better.

Personality-wise; who can say? Unless you knew both of them, there is no way to judge fairly.

#28 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn. <3

#29 Posted by Aiden Cross (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, i'm probably alone in this though.

#30 Posted by Raiiyn (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Morpheus_: @Raiiyn:

Well --- subjective clearly, but I take her words to mean this:

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love (you don't need to be in love to kiss someone)

Listens but doesn't believe (respect people's right to speak, but not necessarily believe everything they say)

And leaves before she is left (accept when love is over and move on before a replacement is found)

Pretty much can be applied to both sexes, no? (I know Ms. Monroe meant it to be cynical, but I like to re-arrange meanings - life's more fun that way!)

Now, I would say Audrey Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman beats both of these spectacular ladies but since the choice is narrowed to only these two, it's Violet Eyes for me.

And before anyone accuses me of it, yes --- it is because Ms. Taylor is brunette. :)

Hairist. -_-

#31 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Tayler

#32 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both, but Elizabeth Taylor more.

#33 Posted by Ananasi (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe was a goddess.

#34 Posted by Raiiyn (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Superiorist

@Aiden Cross said:

May I ask why neither?

#35 Posted by Rogan2112 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Superiorist

@Aiden Cross said:

May I ask why neither?

Aiden you're not alone on neither. Because I think neither of them were particularly attractive (fyi, this had nothing to do with their weight). They were both unbelievable divas (nothing new for Hollywood actresses to be sure), though I suppose I'd give Taylor MINOR edge on acting ability. There are PLENTY of actresses from that era that I like a LOT Rita Hayworth was THE bomb, I just don't like these two. I mean they're movie actress so no real big...just my two cents. :)

#36 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ananasi said:

Marilyn Monroe was a goddess.

#37 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

and how

#38 Posted by Ananasi (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

Marilyn had something extra that Elizabeth Taylor also had just not as much of it. Marilyn Monroe had that certain unknown je ne sais quoi that just breathes timeless attraction. Its not even about her acting ability that is what some people here are forgeting even if they are not giving ceidit, where it is due. Elizabeth Taylor was very talented and I do not wish to take anything away from her, but I would bet the crown jewls if anyone suggested to her that people were compairing her to Marilyn she would laugh in their face. It would be a real laugh and not a fake one, and it would be because she would think they were kidding. What I am saying is that even Taylor knew she was no Monroe, she just wasn't.

Marilyn Monroe was like I already suggested a Goddess, I find it amusing that you have an Enchantress AV and you are agreeing with me because The Enchantress is a very good example of what I am speaking of. Marilyn Monroe was an enchantress, she would enchant, spell bind people around her, just from normal everyday interaction. Elizabeth Taylor never had that type of control over the masses. She she was pretty, sure she had talent, sure she was a diva. She was not, and could not be that enchantress. Taylor would squint her eyes a certain way and she would make us love her that I do not deny. Monroe didn't have to act, she was just that way.

Sure she had a different side, one she left behind. When she was in Hollywood however she was on fire, she could melt the masses hearts with a giggle and a smile. Its really not even a fair bout IMHO, you can't ask Taylor to be anything than what she was, and you can't ask her to be Marilyn Monroe thats just silly. We have not had a Marilyn Monroe since we lost her, and I doubt we will ever have anything like that again. We do have amazing women in the world today who are beautiful and inspire people everyday, but they are only a shadow of Monroe.

#39 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe duhhh

#40 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ananasi "Monroe didn't have to act, she was just that way" Great point man and true

#41 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn <3

#42 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad I was hoping this was a battle?

#43 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Hahaha xD

All of Elizabeth's feats are PIS!!! STORM WILL DESTROY THEM BOTH SHE'S MORE POWERFUL THAN THOR.

#44 Posted by Saren (24288 posts) - - Show Bio

Audrey Hepburn solos both at the same time.

Moderator Online
#45 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#46 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Audrey Hepburn solos both at the same time.

I give this a month-late QFT!

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Marilyn Monroe is the most beautiful white woman there ever was.So beautiful I almost don't believe she existed. And yes I threw in the fact she's white..wanna fight about it?

#48 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Marilyn Monroe is the most beautiful white woman there ever was.So beautiful I almost don't believe she existed. And yes I threw in the fact she's white..wanna fight about it?

I'm good and i totally agree cos She Is white.She way more beautiful then any woman from her time and ours,plus she's a Gemini like me so i guess that's cool also.

#49 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Pffft! you only wanted those violet eyes!

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@Vance Astro: Pffft! you only wanted those violet eyes!

Is that what we're calling boobs now?