• 85 results
Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: man of steel or iron man 3 (107 votes)

Man of Steel 81%
Iron Man 3 14%
I dont care 5%

which do you think will be better?

#51 Edited by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by MrDirector786 (43486 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel by far. While I did enjoy Iron Man 3 as well, I'm not surprised at any of the hate that it gets.

#54 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel was better than Iron Man 3... IM3 sort of pissed me off when they made Mandarin a facking side show freak and then tried to clean it up at the end with Killian supposedly revealing himself as being the Real Mandarin ( Load of Garbage )... MoS did not have massive flaws in the film like that.

#55 Edited by ARMIV2 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...between the two, I'd say Man of Steel by that little bit more. Now both movies have issues that kinda get to me. Iron Man 3 and the whole Mandarin thing I think has to be the biggest issue most people have with the film, though for me I don't really mind that so much as what really kinda made me go "ehh" was some of the emotional responses to certain things. I felt like they did kinda get up too quick from the blows and come back swinging before letting the hurt sink a little bit more, but that's me.
Man of Steel was definitely building up for those actions scenes, 'cause holey moley, those were freaking amazing (and I am in love with Faora now). The problems I had with that movie were the pacing and the tone. The tone was good, though I felt it got a little too heavy in places that it really didn't need to get too much heavy in, while the pacing was...odd for me. It really could've let up a bit and taken the time to explain a few more things here and there. The pacing was the biggest issue for me in the beginning as I just felt like I was getting hit with all of these big moments without any bridging in between.

But overall, I liked both movies immensely and I feel that both do great to bring these heroes to the screen once again. Iron Man 3 felt great as another addition to the Iron Man/Marvel Universe films, while Man of Steel did AWESOMELY in bringing Superman back into the cinema scene that has been eluding him for so long. I give both films a 4.5/5 upon my initial viewings.

#56 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure...I think Man of Steel was a better movie, but Iron Man 3 entertained me more...

#57 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll give it to Man of Steel.

#58 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Man of Steel more, but I did enjoy Iron Man 3.

#59 Edited by PowerHerc (82592 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc:

Yeah, I was hearing a lot of talk about it being bad....but after seeing it, I loved it.

It was awesome, But I'm a big fan of Sups

d^_^b

I think the talk of it being bad was from people who hadn't actually watched it or non-objective Marvel fanboys. I actually slightly prefer Marvel to DC but I think this movie holds up well compared to the Marvel films. It's great.

#60 Edited by Immortal777 (7218 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS

#61 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't seen Man of Steel but I am sure that it will be better.

#62 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17749 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: you know now that i rewatched the movie, i realized a couple of flaws. and the score went down a notch, but still, i'd say at least a 6/10 for IM3, it's just plain fun :P

#63 Edited by superstay (9678 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc:

Yeah, the only thing I could understand being somewhat wrong with the film is the mythos changes and overwelming action. The whole last hour and a half was non-stop action, but really good action. I was on the edge of my seat for the Kansas fight. I did notice the alters to his origins and that out-of-character thing he did at the end of the movie, but other that that...it was great.

d^_^b (I apologize, my internet is acting up...and I'm on moble)

#64 Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: yes killing zod was very out of character XD lmao

#65 Edited by superstay (9678 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: I was trying not to spoil anything, lol. Yeah, when it happened I was sitting still in my seat like "Uh...did that just happen?"

dO_ob

#66 Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: ya cuz the first thing on my mind was, how did that kill him??? Then I was like, superman wouldn't do that!!!!

bO_obs

#67 Posted by PowerHerc (82592 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc:

Yeah, the only thing I could understand being somewhat wrong with the film is the mythos changes and overwelming action. The whole last hour and a half was non-stop action, but really good action. I was on the edge of my seat for the Kansas fight. I did notice the alters to his origins and that out-of-character thing he did at the end of the movie, but other that that...it was great.

d^_^b (I apologize, my internet is acting up...and I'm on moble)

I liked the overwhelming action. Considering Superman's power set, I think this movie did a great job of putting across just how strong, fast and durable he really is. Excessive dialogue is for TV series' with limited budgets like "Smallville."

#68 Posted by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel easily.

I Hate the stupid twist in iron man 3 it was a surprise and disapointing at the same time they ruined the mandarin.

#69 Edited by superstay (9678 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Same thing I thought too

@powerherc: I loved the fact that they just made it a action packed movie. That was exactly what I wanted from the a new Superman movie. They displayed the Superman that we see in the comics and animated series. I marked out so badly see them move around like in the JLA/U cartoon.

d^_^b

#70 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Man of Steel would be better. But in all honesty, even with the twist, Iron Man 3 is a much better film than Man of Steel.

#71 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a Superman fan, never really have been, I like the first 2 Donner movies and that's about it, but I honestly enjoyed Man of Steel way more than Iron Man 3. I had a few problems with it but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment of the film to much, I enjoyed it more than TDKR for that matter to.

#72 Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#73 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17749 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel, no contest. Iron man 3 was a fun cool film, but man of steel is just flat out amazing

#74 Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio

This isthe original btw

#75 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#76 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman 3. It gross like a billion.

#77 Posted by Duncan (11444 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3

#78 Edited by NicholasAgot (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel had higher ratings over all.

#79 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos by far

#80 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah both were Meh.

#81 Posted by Joygirl (19277 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel was far better. IM3 was fun but inconsistent with the other films and lacked a decent villain. MoS had solid story, amazing scenery/costumes, good acting, a stellar villain, unmatched action, and Faora who is my new religion.

#82 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Man of Steel was far better. IM3 was fun but inconsistent with the other films and lacked a decent villain. MoS had solid story, amazing scenery/costumes, good acting, a stellar villain, unmatched action, and Faora who is my new religion.

Marvel movies for whatever reason always get weak villains.

#83 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone saying Iron Man 3 should be incinerated.

#84 Posted by GST1976 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS... not even close. I enjoyed IM3, and feel that Robert Downey Jr is born to play Tony Stark, but MoS was, for lack of a better word EPIC. IMO anyway...

#85 Posted by lordraiden (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS by far for me.