• 85 results
Posted by russellmania77 (14424 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: man of steel or iron man 3 (107 votes)

Man of Steel 81%
Iron Man 3 14%
I dont care 5%

which do you think will be better?

#1 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. Iron Man 1 is still in my eyes the best origin story movie to date, but Iron Man 2 was somewhat of a let down due to not building on part 1's awesomeness. And with superman, I remember going to watch Superman Returns in stereoscopic 3d the day it came out. I was SOOOO pumped. But I ended up being disappointed. So i'm going to reserve my judgement of man of steel until I see it actually deliver or fail. And the same goes with Iron Man. I'm going to try not to buy into all of the hype behind these 2 movies.

#2 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very interested to see what's going on with Thor. They haven't shown any footage, and i'm thirsting for some!

#3 Posted by FearTheLiving (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 easy, I'm not a huge fan of Superman and the trailers really aren't hyping me up. I will still end up seeing both though. Really can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man loving more characters are getting a chance to shine.

#4 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

I don't know. Iron Man 1 is still in my eyes the best origin story movie to date, but Iron Man 2 was somewhat of a let down due to not building on part 1's awesomeness. And with superman, I remember going to watch Superman Returns in stereoscopic 3d the day it came out. I was SOOOO pumped. But I ended up being disappointed. So i'm going to reserve my judgement of man of steel until I see it actually deliver or fail. And the same goes with Iron Man. I'm going to try not to buy into all of the hype behind these 2 movies.

Superman Returns was a great movie. Better than I expected when it came out. Problem is, Iron Man 3 looks like crap. While I'm going in expecting crap, I'll be going into Man of Steel expecting awesomeness.

#5 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll enjoy IM3 more.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper: you expected louis lane to have a son by superman and be married to another man? cuz that took me by surprise

#7 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

@blackreaper: you expected louis lane to have a son by superman and be married to another man? cuz that took me by surprise

Not once did I state that, but yes, I did.

#8 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

Superman Returns was a great movie. Better than I expected when it came out. Problem is, Iron Man 3 looks like crap. While I'm going in expecting crap, I'll be going into Man of Steel expecting awesomeness.

superman returns was a great movie, and iron man 3 looks like crap. Ok, i've heard all I need to hear. lol

#9 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel but I'm gonna contribute to both of their box office anyway so I don't see the point....

#10 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter who wins out, it is us comic book fans that are in for a real treat!

BEST SUMMER EVER!!! =D

#11 Posted by russellmania77 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper said:

@novi_homines said:

superman returns was a great movie, and iron man 3 looks like crap. Ok, i've heard all I need to hear. lol

agreed

#12 Edited by russellmania77 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Both movies are out now lol

#13 Edited by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel was much better. Not even comparable.

#14 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

IMO, the best superhero film to date.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

IMO, the best superhero film to date.

I want to wait a bit before I rate it. I need to consider my feelings on the movie. Not my #1 favorite comic movie, but it's up there.

#16 Edited by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Of Steel by far. Its probably behind TDK series for me as my favorite.

#17 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

IM3 for me. MoS was MUCH more epic from an action standpoint. But IM3 is a more complete film in my opinion.

#18 Edited by russellmania77 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by MonsterStomp (15315 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to watch them!

#20 Posted by superstay (9630 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel was Better in my opinion

dU.Ub

#21 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by russellmania77 (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: you saying iron man 3 is better than som. to me iron man 3 was a giant let down

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (80739 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel did not dissappoint.

#24 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: you saying iron man 3 is better than som. to me iron man 3 was a giant let down

No one is the same. I liked IM3 as a conclusion to the trilogy. I did not like Man Of Steel as a "Superman" film. It was a great story about an alien, but I don't think it was successful as a superman film. There's alot of spoken claims about him being a messiah, inspiration, etc., but I never saw this actually shown and proven in the film. At least not in my opinion. But there is still time to do that later in the trilogy.

#25 Posted by superstay (9630 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc:

Yeah, I was hearing a lot of talk about it being bad....but after seeing it, I loved it.

It was awesome, But I'm a big fan of Sups

d^_^b

#26 Posted by 14NC3 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Seen both. Man of steel and Iron man 3 both didn't reach my expectations but overall man of steel was MUCH, MUCH better. Iron man 3 had dissapointed me a great deal while the other had gave me the best action scenes I have ever seen and some even touching moments. I rate Iron man 3 a 2/5 and man of steel 3.5/10.

#27 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel was way better than Iron Man 3 and only competes with the Avengers for the top comic book movie spot.

Unfortunately I didn't find Nolan's Batman movies that good except for The Dark Night and that's mostly because of Heath Ledger's Joker performance.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen Man of Steel.

But it's still better than Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 3 was the Batman and Robin of the Golden Age of Comic films.

#29 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel was better, however it was far from being the best cbm

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I was disappointed with both, they were average IMO. Maybe Thor, CA and Kick Ass sequels will be good. Btw how was Star Trek?

#31 Posted by flazam (2465 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by The_Tree (7079 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel absolutely destroyed Iron Man 3 to me.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman 3 was TDKR all over again, heck they even had Robin.

Man of Steel was so good, i cant belive Snyder did something this good.

#34 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.

#35 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel for me. Iron Man 3 was just good, MOS was amazing.

#36 Posted by Nefarious (18363 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure.

#37 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9330 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel easily

#38 Edited by thebatman98 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS was better than IM3.Both movies had their flaws but ultimately I thought MOS was better.It had AMAZING action scenes and it had some dramatic scenes as well.MOS was good enough to me to be my favorite superman movie.

#39 Posted by Superboy101 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel all the way!!

#40 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel! Best movie ever!

#41 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17165 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on man :P, it wasn't that bad :P, it just had too much comedy! :P

#42 Edited by The Stegman (22779 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel easily.

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#44 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

But it wasn't ever funny.

And the comedy was the least offensive part.

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17165 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

mhh what was it then :P? i'm really interested :)

performance wise i really liked it

#46 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

No use of armours, twist for the sake of a twist, "Iron Man" being inspector gadget, PEPPER POTTS; THE MOVIE, a stupid kid genius introduced solely for people to go "awwww, there's a kid", the same plot from Amazing Spider-Man, every armour being weaker than people with burny-touch, fire-breathing for no reason and never seen again, ninja Pepper out of nowhere.

#47 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17165 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

No use of armours, twist for the sake of a twist, "Iron Man" being inspector gadget, PEPPER POTTS; THE MOVIE, a stupid kid genius introduced solely for people to go "awwww, there's a kid", the same plot from Amazing Spider-Man, every armour being weaker than people with burny-touch, fire-breathing for no reason and never seen again, ninja Pepper out of nowhere.

I agree with some of the points, though i liked the idea TONY spending most of the time as tony, you know? i mean it shows that even without the armor, he is still Iron Man

#48 Posted by Z3RO180 (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel all the way Iron-man 3 was good and had a few laughs but I was waiting for Supermans return to the big screen and that's what I got with man of steel

#49 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

MAN OF STEEL!!!!

#50 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel because i didn't hit "skip" on youtube when the advertisement played whereas i did it every single time with iron man 3.