• 100 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#2 Posted by TotalBalance (724 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just break up, would seem more rational, I suspect there may be more to this story than just bad spending habits.

#3 Posted by TheCannon (17995 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems reasonable...

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7009 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet she learned her lesson.

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just break up, would seem more rational, I suspect there may be more to this story than just bad spending habits.

true and even though i dont like it but there are other ways to deal with it. a lot of people self medicate on booze

#6 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't blame him.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24719 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to bet it was about more than just shopping.

Online
#8 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to bet it was about more than just shopping.

my guess is maybe she was cheating. i really dont think any guy would kill himself for his lady shopping non stop. drinking yea sure but not suicide

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate shopping

Online
#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for everyone though.

Online
#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

That's sad, He must've had other things going on besides that to kill himself.

#12 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

He must have never heard a drake song before.

#13 Edited by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone in the future kills him/herself because he/she has gotten enough of the stupidity in the world I wouldn't be surprised.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24719 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Or maybe he was just depressed and she just gave him an excuse he was looking for. In which case that'd make him kind of selfish since he wanted to make her blame herself instead of him. Lots of these stories when people say they offed themselves for some random reason end up being along those lines. Suicide is a lot like murder in that the people who do it are often just waiting for any excuse to justify it to themselves.

Online
#15 Edited by Cgoodness (3945 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she wouldn't stop shopping at Hot Topic? Makes it way more justified

#16 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Or she pushed him, thus earning life insurance, thus getting more money for shopping....

#17 Edited by Black_Arrow (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

If someone in the future kills him/herself because he/she has gotten enough of the stupidity in the world I wouldn't be surprised.

me neither man, me neither.

#18 Posted by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

That's sad, He must've had other things going on besides that to kill himself.

This. I highly doubt someone would kill themselves or resort to anything like this when there are other options unless he had A LOT of overwhelming things on his plate.

#19 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Or maybe he was just depressed and she just gave him an excuse he was looking for. In which case that'd make him kind of selfish since he wanted to make her blame herself instead of him. Lots of these stories when people say they offed themselves for some random reason end up being along those lines. Suicide is a lot like murder in that the people who do it are often just waiting for any excuse to justify it to themselves.

eh see the thing is suicide is something that is more deep wich is why it takes something to really break a person to reach that point. hell i have been cheated on by women and was i depressed? sure who wouldnt be but i didnt want to kill myself because what would it fix? i believe there is more to this story and time will only tell when more intel is gathered on this situation

#20 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

That's sad, He must've had other things going on besides that to kill himself.

This. I highly doubt someone would kill themselves or resort to anything like this when there are other options unless he had A LOT of overwhelming things on his plate.

He may have been in bad debt.

#21 Posted by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know breaking up in China is not as easy as in western countries because it is tabu.

#22 Edited by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about shopping till you drop, but this is ridiculous!

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't funny.

#24 Posted by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

That's sad, He must've had other things going on besides that to kill himself.

This. I highly doubt someone would kill themselves or resort to anything like this when there are other options unless he had A LOT of overwhelming things on his plate.

He may have been in bad debt.

That's also one of the things I suspect. I mean,it would fit in with his girlfriends shopping that would contribute to stress.....

#25 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiled rotten witch

#26 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I would do the same if she won't stop. Jk

#27 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't feel bad for people that commit suicide. I think it's extremely selfish, especially in a case like this. They were at a a mall so you know little kids had to witness this. All because he had emotional problems that he couldn't handle like a man he decides to ruin everybody's day.


#28 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17627 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

I don't feel bad for people that commit suicide. I think it's extremely selfish, especially in a case like this. They were at a a mall so you know little kids had to witness this. All because he had emotional problems that he couldn't handle like a man he decides to ruin everybody's day.

Are you being serious? Really?

#29 Edited by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

I don't feel bad for people that commit suicide. I think it's extremely selfish, especially in a case like this. They were at a a mall so you know little kids had to witness this. All because he had emotional problems that he couldn't handle like a man he decides to ruin everybody's day.

#30 Posted by Bruxae (12680 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this on reddit, I totally understand the guy.

#31 Posted by Rubear (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Puny weakling choose to end his live, not to break up or part company, and we must feel bad for him after this demonstrative suicide? Nonsense...

#32 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: @mrdecepticonleader: Dead serious...if someone commits suicide that is their decision. Now if he was murdered that would be a different story, but that's not the case. I feel for his friends and family because they must be devastated.

If you feel sorry for somebody taking their own life you are either a.) a child or b.) a very sensitive person.

#33 Edited by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg: Wow..... so you don't think about the mental/emotional suffering some had to be enduring to be pushed to the point of ending their own life? You can't show sympathy for that person? Your stance just sounds like some macho posturing in an attempt to appear suave to be frank. Hey, you are entitled to your opinion. You can call sympathizing with others suffering being overtly sensitive, I call it being a human being.

#34 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Utterly weak and ridiculous.

#35 Edited by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: No I cannot. People kill themselves everyday for very selfish reasons. The facts are he could have just said "no we are going home" but instead he threw the bags down and killed himself. Maybe he was mentally ill? Maybe he killed himself for other reasons.Who knows, all we know is he threw himself off the 7th story in front of children and families just going Christmas shopping.

On another note, the columbine shooters, the dark knight theater shooter, and pretty much every serial killer had mental/emotional problems that they were suffering but I don't feel sympathy for the fact that they had problems just like every body else in the world.

If you think that a logical solution to "emotional problems" is ending your life in such a dramatic, public fashion, then that's your opinion. But everybody who is an adult has problems and emotional stress and they don't go to malls and splatter their brains on the floor for little children to see.

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg: Ok then. I don't really have much to converse with you about to be honest. You have a pretty cold view on things really.

Cheers.

#37 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I am not cold, actually a caring person. But it's people like you that are the reason why people keep killing themselves. They want people to feel bad for them and I'm not going to give them that.

But you will.

#38 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17627 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

@wolverine08:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Dead serious...if someone commits suicide that is their decision. Now if he was murdered that would be a different story, but that's not the case. I feel for his friends and family because they must be devastated.

If you feel sorry for somebody taking their

own

life you are either a.) a child or b.) a very sensitive person.

You clearly have never had mental health issues or have never contemplated suicide. He clearly had issues going on, that went deeper than the title suggests. No need to take such a black and white view to the situation. It is unfortunate he took his own life. Must have had issues. So yeah I can relate to that, and to an extent sympathize with it. Since he must have been at such a low point to do such a thing. And it goes without saying that his family and friends are devastated. I don't think anyone would think otherwise.

But that doesn't mean you can't understand what must have been going through his mind, before he did such a thing.

@jmg: Wow..... so you don't think about the mental/emotional suffering some had to be enduring to be pushed to the point of ending their own life? You can't show sympathy for that person? Your stance just sounds like some macho posturing to be frank. Hey, you are entitled to your opinion. You can call sympathizing with others suffering being overtly sensitive, I call it being a human being.

Nice I am not the only one who disagrees.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg: I'll happily keep giving my sympathies mate. Remember, what goes around comes around eventually. The day you feel like there is nothing left to live for, you will be able to better see things through the eyes of these people.

#40 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: What gives you the idea that I've never contemplated suicide? I'm pretty sure everybody has, including myself. And what gives you the idea that this man had mental health issues? Nothing, so you are doing nothing more than speculating things about the deceased, and myself, to make a point for your arguement. I've never committed suicide and never will because killing yourself is never the solution. All it does is make those people around you depressed for the rest of their life asking why you did it. You are just assuming this man has mental disease, it is very possible that he is just a push over and couldn't deal with a simple "No, we are going home right now." People kill themselves every day because they can't handle life anymore. The only people I have ever felt empathy for killing themselves are young children who are bullied at school and don't get any love from their parents because they are too young to know any better.

I can't even fathom why you people would feel bad for someone who would commit such a selfish act. You feel worse for a guy who killed himself over shopping than you do the innocent children,young couples on a date, and families shopping for their loved ones, who did not deserve to see someone selfishly take their own life in a public place.

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17627 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader: What gives you the idea that I've never contemplated suicide? I'm pretty sure everybody has, including myself. And what gives you the idea that this man had mental health issues? Nothing, so you are doing nothing more than speculating things about the deceased, and myself, to make a point for your arguement. I've never committed suicide and never will because killing yourself is never the solution. All it does is make those people around you depressed for the rest of their life asking why you did it. You are just assuming this man has mental disease, it is very possible that he is just a push over and couldn't deal with a simple "No, we are going home right now." People kill themselves every day because they can't handle life anymore. The only people I have ever felt empathy for killing themselves are young children who are bullied at school and don't get any love from their parents because they are too young to know any better.

I can't even fathom why you people would feel bad for someone who would commit such a selfish act. You feel worse for a guy who killed himself over shopping than you do the innocent children,young couples on a date, and families shopping for their loved ones, who did not deserve to see someone selfishly take their own life in a public place.

Clearly something happened to make him do it. No one just decided to take a plunge just because they are stressed out with shopping a bit. People don't kill themselves because they are just "pushovers".

I am not assuming he had a mental illness was using that as an example because it is a likely possibility. But there was clearly something wrong. He didn't just decide to jump off.

#43 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader: What gives you the idea that I've never contemplated suicide? I'm pretty sure everybody has, including myself. And what gives you the idea that this man had mental health issues? Nothing, so you are doing nothing more than speculating things about the deceased, and myself, to make a point for your arguement. I've never committed suicide and never will because killing yourself is never the solution. All it does is make those people around you depressed for the rest of their life asking why you did it. You are just assuming this man has mental disease, it is very possible that he is just a push over and couldn't deal with a simple "No, we are going home right now." People kill themselves every day because they can't handle life anymore. The only people I have ever felt empathy for killing themselves are young children who are bullied at school and don't get any love from their parents because they are too young to know any better.

I can't even fathom why you people would feel bad for someone who would commit such a selfish act. You feel worse for a guy who killed himself over shopping than you do the innocent children,young couples on a date, and families shopping for their loved ones, who did not deserve to see someone selfishly take their own life in a public place.

Clearly something happened to make him do it. No one just decided to take a plunge just because they are stressed out with shopping a bit. People don't kill themselves because they are just "pushovers".

I am not assuming he had a mental illness was using that as an example because it is a likely possibility. But there was clearly something wrong. He didn't just decide to jump off.

People kill themselves because they are push overs quite often actually. Not everybody who kills them self is a push over, but it happens more than you might think.

And if he did truly have a mental illness then I would feel sympathy because that would be unfortunate. But I didn't read anything about it, all I read was about shopping. I still think it's extremely selfish to kill yourself in front of kids and you are not going to change my mind about that.

#44 Posted by Pokeysteve (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet she learned her lesson.

I bet she had a blasty blast shopping for the funeral...

#45 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg: I'll happily keep giving my sympathies mate. Remember, what goes around comes around eventually. The day you feel like there is nothing left to live for, you will be able to better see things through the eyes of these people.

You have no idea what I've been through what so ever. So just like the other guy, stop making assumptions about me because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17627 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader: What gives you the idea that I've never contemplated suicide? I'm pretty sure everybody has, including myself. And what gives you the idea that this man had mental health issues? Nothing, so you are doing nothing more than speculating things about the deceased, and myself, to make a point for your arguement. I've never committed suicide and never will because killing yourself is never the solution. All it does is make those people around you depressed for the rest of their life asking why you did it. You are just assuming this man has mental disease, it is very possible that he is just a push over and couldn't deal with a simple "No, we are going home right now." People kill themselves every day because they can't handle life anymore. The only people I have ever felt empathy for killing themselves are young children who are bullied at school and don't get any love from their parents because they are too young to know any better.

I can't even fathom why you people would feel bad for someone who would commit such a selfish act. You feel worse for a guy who killed himself over shopping than you do the innocent children,young couples on a date, and families shopping for their loved ones, who did not deserve to see someone selfishly take their own life in a public place.

Clearly something happened to make him do it. No one just decided to take a plunge just because they are stressed out with shopping a bit. People don't kill themselves because they are just "pushovers".

I am not assuming he had a mental illness was using that as an example because it is a likely possibility. But there was clearly something wrong. He didn't just decide to jump off.

People kill themselves because they are push overs quite often actually. Not everybody who kills them self is a push over, but it happens more than you might think.

And if he did truly have a mental illness then I would feel sympathy because that would be unfortunate. But I didn't read anything about it, all I read was about shopping. I still think it's extremely selfish to kill yourself in front of kids and you are not going to change my mind about that.

Someone who commits suicide isn't just a pushover. It is attitudes like this that need to stop.

Don't think there is anything else to discuss here.

#47 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@jmg said:

@mrdecepticonleader: What gives you the idea that I've never contemplated suicide? I'm pretty sure everybody has, including myself. And what gives you the idea that this man had mental health issues? Nothing, so you are doing nothing more than speculating things about the deceased, and myself, to make a point for your arguement. I've never committed suicide and never will because killing yourself is never the solution. All it does is make those people around you depressed for the rest of their life asking why you did it. You are just assuming this man has mental disease, it is very possible that he is just a push over and couldn't deal with a simple "No, we are going home right now." People kill themselves every day because they can't handle life anymore. The only people I have ever felt empathy for killing themselves are young children who are bullied at school and don't get any love from their parents because they are too young to know any better.

I can't even fathom why you people would feel bad for someone who would commit such a selfish act. You feel worse for a guy who killed himself over shopping than you do the innocent children,young couples on a date, and families shopping for their loved ones, who did not deserve to see someone selfishly take their own life in a public place.

Clearly something happened to make him do it. No one just decided to take a plunge just because they are stressed out with shopping a bit. People don't kill themselves because they are just "pushovers".

I am not assuming he had a mental illness was using that as an example because it is a likely possibility. But there was clearly something wrong. He didn't just decide to jump off.

People kill themselves because they are push overs quite often actually. Not everybody who kills them self is a push over, but it happens more than you might think.

And if he did truly have a mental illness then I would feel sympathy because that would be unfortunate. But I didn't read anything about it, all I read was about shopping. I still think it's extremely selfish to kill yourself in front of kids and you are not going to change my mind about that.

Someone who commits suicide isn't just a pushover. It is attitudes like this that need to stop.

Don't think there is anything else to discuss here.

Apparently not. Neither of you are clearly reading what I wrote. Did I not say not every body who kills themselves is a push over?

And neither of you have commented on him killing himself in front of children, while both of you managed to make assumptions that this man was mentally ill without evidence, and managed to make assumptions about my personal life.

I am curious, and forgive me if this comes across as rude, but how old are you two? Seriously not trying to be offensive I just want to know.


#48 Posted by consolemaster001 (4995 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor guy

Online
#49 Edited by Wolverine08 (39035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmg said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jmg: I'll happily keep giving my sympathies mate. Remember, what goes around comes around eventually. The day you feel like there is nothing left to live for, you will be able to better see things through the eyes of these people.

You have no idea what I've been through what so ever. So just like the other guy, stop making assumptions about me because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

And you completely know what this guy has been through. Lol.

#50 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Did I say that? No I did not. And stop acting like you know what he went through either because you don't.