#1  Edited By Xcalibur
FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FalconPuuunch

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By Xanni15

DC's become a joke, relying on Nolan for everything, write this, direct that, produce this, especially when the Batman movies weren't exactly legendary. How about they get another hero besides Batman to help with their live action movies? There's plenty of great directors out there who can do an awesome job.

DC should stick to animated movies if Man of Steel bombs. ROFL

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Rumble Man
No Caption Provided
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@FalconPuuunch said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Xcalibur

Marvel is light years away from matching DC in the animation dept. It's been 5 years with Disney and what animations have they done? Nada.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By cameron83

@Xcalibur: actually I sorta have to disagree with that.I thoroughly enjoyed Both ultimates movies,Thor:tales of Asgard,Hulk vs Wolverine,etc.

And the future looks promising (some of it)...and I loved the anime (not really wolverine's)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By cameron83

@Xanni15 said:

DC's become a joke, relying on Nolan for everything, write this, direct that, produce this, especially when the Batman movies weren't exactly legendary. How about they get another hero besides Batman to help with their live action movies? There's plenty of great directors out there who can do an awesome job.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Xanni15 said:

Um yes they were.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

I like Nolan and all but I don't see his style working well with people like Flash or Martian Manhunter. Not trying to be insulting, I loved his Batman movies but not everyone can be Batman.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'll say what I've said in every Nolan thread:

I'll wait until Man of Steel.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joshmightbe said:

I like Nolan and all but I don't see his style working well with people like Flash or Martian Manhunter. Not trying to be insulting, I loved his Batman movies but not everyone can be Batman.

Well, if given a chance, who knows he could make quality movies like he's done with batman.. We'd like that, won't we?

Really looking forward to a Justice league movie though..

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceAragorn1: I just don't see his style working with the Flash

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joshmightbe: What exactly do you mean by.. "His style"?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DH69

Nolan truely sucks at writing female characters, every single movie of his i've seen i truely detested the scripts they had, If they want this movie to succeed they need it to be balanced and WW needs a good writer cause personally i doubt alot of casual viewers are gonna see her as anything but a manhater amazon from an island of nothing but women, and they are gonna have to have a miracle worker on the promotional staff cause I've been reading comics since i was 6 and i still can't take a dude called The Flash seriously...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceAragorn1: Nolan's protagonists have a tendency to be the tragic hero type, while that works well for Batman and the guy from Memento (Been a while since I saw it can't remember his name) it wouldn't work for characters like Flash who are generally light hearted. I'm still being cautiously optimistic about his involvement with Superman who is the polar opposite of Batman in terms of character.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joshmightbe: Ok.. I hope he does well..

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceAragorn1: He could prove me wrong

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceAragorn1: He could prove me wrong

Let's hope so :)

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@Xcalibur said:
Marvel is light years away from matching DC in the animation dept. It's been 5 years with Disney and what animations have they done? Nada.
Ultimates I & II, Doctor Strange, Hulk Vs, Planet Hulk, Tales of Asgard, with more to come, but your Right DC is better because they keep making ONLY Superman/Batman animated movies with a few JL movies.... (+)
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22  Edited By Xanni15

@entropy_aegis said:

Um yes they were.

Agree to disagree. :]

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xcalibur

@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceAragorn1: Nolan's protagonists have a tendency to be the tragic hero type, while that works well for Batman and the guy from Memento (Been a while since I saw it can't remember his name) it wouldn't work for characters like Flash who are generally light hearted. I'm still being cautiously optimistic about his involvement with Superman who is the polar opposite of Batman in terms of character.

Flash has had plenty of tragedies happen to him. Same with the other Justice Leaguers. Question is, would Nolan give them that touch of darkness. Get the Super Friends out of your head.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@Xcalibur: There is a difference between having some tragedies and being tragic.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By isaac_clarke

God No. Rises was painful enough to watch as is.

@JediXMan said:

You're sporting the same answer DC is. =P

I could settle with him being a producer, just anything involving directing or writing the script sounds like a recipe for disaster for a Justice League film.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Flash runs fast from using special shoes he invented.

Wonder Woman is a warrior from some lost woman tribe in the Amazon Rain forest.

That's an example of realistic origins Nolan would come up with. =D.

Don't do it WB.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Yung ANcient One said:

@Xcalibur said:
Ultimates I & II, Doctor Strange, Hulk Vs, Planet Hulk, Tales of Asgard, with more to come, but your Right DC is better because they keep making ONLY Superman/Batman animated movies with a few JL movies.... (+)

Ultimates 1 and Doctor Strange are great. The others are okay; DC, overall, does produce better animated movies.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By consolemaster001

@JediXMan said:

Agreed. DC also said that the JLA movie's fate lies in the hands of man of steel

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By yo_yo_fun

It would be freakin awesome!

I hope it happens!!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nerdork

The more i think about a Justice League movie, the more i think it will only be done right by James Cameron. And getting him is unrealistic.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xcalibur

TWO MAJOR STUDIOS ARE WILING TO WORK FOR NOLAN! DEADLINE.COM The much anticipated sci-fi film will be released in theaters and IMAX beginning November 7, 2014. Paramount will distribute domestically while Warner Bros Pictures will release internationally. This rare move by two major studios demonstrates how hot as project Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar is in the movie marketplace. Today’s announcement was surprising as Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros Pictures don’t do business together on major films. But Insterstellar will be co-produced and distributed by the two studios, with Paramount Pictures handling domestic distribution and Warner Bros Pictures distributing the film internationally. Directed and written by Academy Award-nominee Nolan, pic is based on a script by Jonathan Nolan. The film will be produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas of Syncopy Films and Lynda Obst of Lynda Obst Productions. Kip Thorne will executive produce. The film will depict a heroic interstellar voyage to the furthest reaches of our scientific understanding: Brad Grey, Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures said, “As a filmmaker and storyteller, Chris has continuously entertained the world with his extraordinary and unparalleled talents. I am pleased beyond measure to welcome him to the Paramount Pictures family. Partnering with Chris, Emma, Lynda and Warner Bros. to release this original idea next November is the perfect way to start the Thanksgiving and holiday movie season for audiences around the world.” Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group, said, “Christopher Nolan is truly one of the great auteurs working in film today, and we’re extremely proud of our successful and ongoing collaboration with him and Emma Thomas. We are excited to be teaming with Paramount, and look forward to working with the Nolans, and producer Lynda Obst, on this extraordinary new project.”

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

FYI the rumor said nothing about Nolan directing, it said he'd be the creative consultant  / producer.  Could he direct? Maybe, but that's not what the scoop was about.