MAH REVIEW; Corpse Party: Tortured souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This is my first time doing something like this, so bear with me. Note: English is not my native language, if you find any grammar or volcabulary mistakes, please point them out. Tips on futures reviews are also very welcome.

This is MY opinion, you might disagree with it. Please post your opinion in the comments.

Now, onto the review.

Plot Synopsis.

At first I didn't know what to expect, seeing a below average "first episode" that turns out to not be the first episode... But rather an 11 minute long trailer. I'm looking at you Corpse Party: Missing Footage.

The "trailer", filled with fanservice was in fact not a trailer I found out, but rather a prequel episode, explaining some totally skippable character background information that nobody cares about.

Enough about the trailer/episode/prequel...

The story starts of with our 9 protagonists in a school building, talking about how sad they were that their classmate would transfer to another school. But before she left A girl named Naomi decided it would be fun to do a ritual, that would seal their friendship. Look at the title of the show and guess were this is going...

When done with the ritual, it turns out it was done wrong, and after that they get transported to another dimension.

No Caption Provided

Indeed it did...

When our main characters finally awaken, they are in an abandoned school building, at night, without any lights...
As we follow some of the charcters it appears that some kind of spirit is haunting the place and starts killing of our protagonists one by one.
Not only that happens, but some of our main characters become crazy, and they start killing each other.

Will they be able to overcome the curse, of will they all die, This is a battle of survival...

Story: 7/10

Characters

Abysmal, the only purpose most of them have is to die and give us a gorefest. Only a few characters advance the plot.
And most of those are plain and boring, the most interesting characters are the ones that go insane...

Characters: 4.5/10

Sound.

I'm not going to talk about the music, because I think that is totally subjective. But I didn't really enjoy it. The opening song is far to happy for this show. Most other songs do infact build up the creepy atmosphere.

The voice actors are really great. Especially the voice actor of Sakutaro Morishige for screaming good enough for it to haunt my dreams.

Sound: 8/10

Animation

Beautiful, the gore is really detailed.

WARNING: GORE AHEAD.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not sure if ripping open wounds, or tickling...

Animation: 8/10

Personal enjoyment:

This was fun to watch, plain fun, nothing more and nothing less. No outstanding plot or anything, just fun.

Enjoyment: 7.5/10

Recommended audience: 18+ extreme amounts of gore and some of the most brutal deaths I've ever seen. Some partial nudity, but nothing over the top.

This ends my review, I'll be reviewing other anime,tv shows, books etc in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Pretty good reveiw for your first time.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Any tips? I skimmed rather fast over most things because my post got eaten after the plot synopsis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: Possibly more details and in-depth analysis would be good. Other than minor grammar mistakes this was a good, quick review.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: It was a lot longer at first. But it got eaten by comic vine after my plot synopsis. So I had to redo most of my post. So I did it rather fast. Thanks anyway!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: You should always copy your work before you post it, so that if it eats it, you can just paste. But yeah, I understand. It happened to me before, and it was very annoying.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@scorpion2501: Nice review. Maybe have some pictures to complement your text. I tend to put a picture of the movie poster at the top of the review. You don't have to do that just saying. Other than that good review, keep em coming. :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Samimista

@scorpion2501: Ah this is great mate! ^__^ Really a well done review. The glitch is really a pain with CV. =/ I tend to copy and past myself but there's been a few times I forgot to do so. Is this a new anime by the way? =O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Thanks. More pictures, got it. Your input is appreciated ^-^. I will probably be doing another review sometime this week. So you will get MOAR.

@samimista: Thank you ^-^. It's pretty new. It was made in july 2013 I think. But the subs came out recently. As a big fan of the games I had to check it out. But the anime was pretty dark compared to the games. A lot of my favorite characters survived in the game but died here :c.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

cool review!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: Aw your welcome mate! I'll have to check it out. =D

Oh! They lived in the game but died in the anime? 0.o That's weird. =O

Will you be doing more reviews?

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a nice review... I liked your style, man. Just an advice... You should use more pictures and specify what the subject is because it took me a while to figure out what you were reviewing in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Yeah, I figured. More pictures. I actually wanted to hide the fact that it was an anime as long as possible, because a lot of people on the vine really dislike anime. That way they would read more of my review and write better criticism. Cheap trick I know...

@samimista: Weird right? I thought it would follow the games more closely. If you're going to watch it, you might as well skip missing footage and and directly watch Tortured souls ^-^. And yes, I will do more reviews.

@madeinbangladesh: Thanks!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nerdork

@scorpion2501: Nice review, it was fun to read. I am glad to see random reviews coming back to the Off-Topic forum. I have been planning on doing something like this, but have been really lazy about actually posting it. I even have the first three reviews written out…just have to actually post it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: Thanks. I look forward to your reviews.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: I don't think anime is actively despised by the general users... I don't see any problem with you reviewing it :p

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you have me feeling more inspired now. So, i'll post mine on Saturday. And, i'll make sure to PM you. But, I really like the format you used for the review. It makes it very easy to read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:
@scorpion2501 said:

Well, you have me feeling more inspired now. So, i'll post mine on Saturday. And, i'll make sure to PM you. But, I really like the format you used for the review. It makes it very easy to read.

Glad I helped you. We could do like a dual review sometime. And thanks, I thought this format was the most appropriate for a review.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I know some users who really do despise it. But I will not hide it next time ;p.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:
@scorpion2501 said:

Glad I helped you. We could do like a dual review sometime. And thanks, I thought this format was the most appropriate for a review.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Make sure we dont step on eachothers plans, and/or make an ultimate review thread. I plan on doing reviews on random graphic novels, from lesser known titles and publishers...you know, spread the word on some good one-shot stories. I am also going to do reviews of lesser known movies, as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@scorpion2501 said:
@nerdork said:
@scorpion2501 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Make sure we dont step on eachothers plans, and/or make an ultimate review thread. I plan on doing reviews on random graphic novels, from lesser known titles and publishers...you know, spread the word on some good one-shot stories. I am also going to do reviews of lesser known movies, as well.

Great. I'll do reviews on anime,manga and novels mostly. Maybe some games aswell. We should like put out a review in turn. You on saturday, me on sunday, you on monday, etc.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@scorpion2501 said:
@nerdork said:
@scorpion2501 said:

Great. I'll do reviews on anime,manga and novels mostly. Maybe some games aswell. We should like put out a review in turn. You on saturday, me on sunday, you on monday, etc.

I can do that. I may not be able to post more than a couple reviews a week, as i get pretty busy at work. But, i have a bunch of graphic novels, novels and movies that i want to review. I'll make sure to let you know the titles before i post.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone half way interested in Corpse Party, they should really, really play the games. The first two games can be played on PSP, or Vita. I recommend turning out the lights, and sticking in some headphones. It's pretty freaky, but it has alot more plot, and character development. Very descriptive violence, and is down right disturbing. But it's way better then the anime. The anime feels completely condensed, kills characters that didn't die the first time around, plot skips. So I'd only recommend watching it after playing the first game first. Since that is what it is based on.