Magneto's thoughts on non-mutant superpowered humans?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By superstay

I know magneto dislike humans because of they're hatred for mutants as well as personal reasons. He also feels mutants are better than humans and are the next step in human evolution. But what about humans like Spider-Man, Dr.Strange, The Hulk, Captain America, Venom, The Fantastic Four ect... Does he feel the same way towards them because they're still humans or does he see them differently because they're able to reach the same feats as a mutant if not farther. d?_?b

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

@superstay: I think he does not see them different from baseline humans. It doesn't have to do with them having superpowers, but with their genetics that define them as humans or mutants. They acquired their powers through other means other than natural mutation, so maybe they are still humans in his eyes. Still that is a interesting question.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Matchstick

Makes you wonder doesn't it. On one hand he clearly thinks mutants are superior to humans, but on the other hand, people like Spider-man, Hulk, Cap, etc are all also superior to normal humans

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By superstay

@CaioTrubat: @Matchstick:

Yeah and if he considers them human than they kind of make his "mutants are better than humans" philosophy invalid. Since humans like The Hulk can beat most mutants and Dr.Strange can surely wipe out most mutants....Then theirs Sentry,

d*L*b

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

I would imagine he does what any human does with evidence that goes against his or her determined philosophy: Ignore it, or at least refuse to acknowledge it.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#6  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@JonSmith said:

I would imagine he does what any human does with evidence that goes against his or her determined philosophy: Ignore it, or at least refuse to acknowledge it.

Good point.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GodOfMischief

Interesting question, I've always wondered this too. I think he might have some respect for them, but like people have already said; most of them weren't born with genetic mutations, they acquired them through other means. So maybe he does just see them the same way he sees humans?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@superstay: Mutants ARE the next step in human evolution, that's not just something Magneto thinks it's a scientific fact in the Marvel U also it's not got anything to do with powers but with genetics, Magnetos sees Mutants as genetically superior because in a Darwinian view they are the "fittest" just like a naturally athletic person is genetically superior to someone who gained there fitness with performance enhancing drugs

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By laflux

I've always struggled with Magneto's ideas on that level because humans have kinda "outgrown" evolution in the marvel Universe with tech, and experiments e.t.c. Just look at Iron Man for example, or Black Panther. Nature selection via environmental changes doesn't work so well with us anymore because me can manipulate it to an certain extent and use our intelligence to counter it. But I get where he is coming from in terms of mutants being oppressed though.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vaeternus

So, by Magneto's views. He'd wind up hating Flash, GL and Batman but probably respect Superman, MMH etc for being "different"?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By John Valentine

@Vaeternus said:

So, by Magneto's views. He'd wind up hating Flash, GL and Batman but probably respect Superman, MMH etc for being "different"?

Everyone respects the godamned Batman.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superstay

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah

@Vaeternus: I wonder wwhat his thought would be towards metahumans and aliens (even thought i suspect its the same as regular humans)

@John Valentine: If they don't he'll make them

d^_^b

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vaeternus

@John Valentine said:

@Vaeternus said:

lol

@superstay said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah

@Vaeternus: I wonder wwhat his thought would be towards metahumans and aliens (even thought i suspect its the same as regular humans)

@John Valentine: If they don't he'll make them

d^_^b

Metahumans based on what I read, he would still hate or not be fond of. Aliens however, not so sure since they're not mutants but they sure as hell aren't humans either lol

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

Based on what I've read and seen in comicbooks over the years, Magneto makes no distinction between super-powered humans and normal humans.

He hates em all.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@PowerHerc said:

Based on what I've read and seen in comicbooks over the years, Magneto makes no distinction between super-powered humans and normal humans.

He hates em all.

This

If anything he probably sees super powered humans as mocking mutants.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaeternus

Wonder how Magneto feels about half-breeds lol half human, half something else

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@John Valentine said:

@Vaeternus said:

This made me smile.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By superstay

@Vaeternus:

Yeah.....*thinking*.....would Spider-Man, Captain America and The Hulk be consider metahumans

@Jnr6Lil: That makes alot of sense

@Vaeternus: Like Blade? d?_?b

d?_?b

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

@PowerHerc said:

He hates em all.

Exactly. Humans in the Marvel universe are the same way; a mutant like Iceman is awful and terrible to them, but a guy like Thing is completely ok.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By John Valentine

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc said:

He hates em all.

Exactly. Humans in the Marvel universe are the same way; a mutant like Iceman is awful and terrible to them, but a guy like Thing is completely ok.

And The Thing has terrible complexion.

Dammit, Marvel Humans!

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magethor

Magneto already stated that despite altered human genes, that the mutant is still superior because they are naturally evolved. He considers "super humans" fake because they lack the evolutionary "X-Gene".

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaeternus

@Magethor said:

Magneto already stated that despite altered human genes, that the mutant is still superior because they are naturally evolved. He considers "super humans" fake because they lack the evolutionary "X-Gene".

So Magneto shouldn't have issues with Martian Manhunter or Superman I take it?