• 165 results
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By The_Martian

I always thought Darth Maul was pretty cool all the way up until he died. He should have lasted so much longer:(

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By Constantine

spiderman621 says:

"I always thought Darth Maul was pretty cool all the way up until he died. He should have lasted so much longer:("

he actually didnt die

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By zero edge

methos says:

"that is one story...Samuel Jackson (there ya go :) ) asked for a purple lightsabre for his character, it wasn't because he was a high ranking one or anything like that (light sabre colours go on 'type' of jedi for a better word, not on rank) it was mainly just a character request...seeing the oppertunity to write something fresh into the books, it was 'retconed' that light sabres can come in a multitude of colours depending on what sabre crystels they use in the process of building them.Windu's crystal came from a outlying planet during his padawan training, hes 'master' found it and gave it to him upon his 'graduation' to jedi knight.theres a lot more backstory there but thats the gist of it lolM"

Oh so that's how the crystals were introduced.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Methos

yeah...

light sabres can hold 3 crystels at any one time :)

they modify the colour of the beam and the power of the beam.

not actually sure how the double blades work, not actually looked into it before

M

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Constantine

methos says:

"yeah...light sabres can hold 3 crystels at any one time :)they modify the colour of the beam and the power of the beam.not actually sure how the double blades work, not actually looked into it beforeM"

from what i heard its just two light sabers put togetherone on each side

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Methos

Captain UK says:

"methos says:
"yeah... light sabres can hold 3 crystels at any one time :) they modify the colour of the beam and the power of the beam. not actually sure how the double blades work, not actually looked into it before M"
from what i heard its just two light sabers put togetherone on each side"

yeah... i was just wondering about the crystal allignment... do they have 3 crystals or 6?

could you have one blue blade, and the other side green?

never really looked into it... might do now lol

M

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#157  Edited By The_Martian

That would be the coolest one ever if you could do the different sides a different color.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Constantine

so who heres a starwars fan coz i am i love it.

also darth maul and boba fett havent died well at least not the way in the movies.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Methos

hey hey, build your own :)

M

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Constantine

Captain UK says:

"so who heres a starwars fan coz i am i love it.also darth maul and boba fett havent died well at least not the way in the movies."

also did you know you could have a lightsaber at any size at anytime.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Methos

yeah... all lightsabers come with a 'length' adjustment switch... it's at the top next to power, clearly marked on diagram above...

for those interested in what a light saber actually is... take a look see at this...

M

Plasma is the considered to be the fourth state of matter – after solids, liquids, and gases. If you heat up a gas intense enough, you can turn it to plasma. The extra energy blasts negatively-charged electrons off of the atoms that make up the gas, and divides the gas into positively charged ions and loose electrons. Plasma radiates visible light and heat. The electrons continue to be attracted to the ions, and re-attach themselves as soon as the energy or heat diminishes, which makes plasma unstable and doesn't last very long enough to constitute a Jedi lightsaber.

We see plasma every day. The sun itself is made out of plasma, being a giant ball of superheated glowing hydrogen. Lightning is an example of the gases in the atmosphere igniting into a streak of plasma as an electric discharge crashes from sky to Earth. Neon and fluorescent tubes (reminiscent of a lightsaber) are also examples of an electric charge igniting a gas, although at lower temperatures.

The closest we have in reality to a lightsaber are plasma guns. Plasma guns are used extensively to coat surfaces with thin films of other materials. They're also used in the construction of all aircraft engines. Large volumes of gas are blasted through an electric arc, or by radio waves or even microwaves. This energizes the gas to a plasma state. Temperatures of 6,600 C to 16,600 C can be reached, which exceeds the surface temperature of the sun.

If the technology is there, shouldn't it be easy to build a plasma Jedi lightsaber? Unfortunately there are a few technical challenges, especially if you want to look more like a Jedi than a full tank. The most daunting challenge is that since plasma is the fourth state of matter after gas, it is extremely hot. Hydrogen plasma is the one of the cooler plasmas, and it comes in at 4,000 degrees Celsius.

A noticeable exception to this rule is that when certain gases are kept under low pressure, like neon tubes or fluorescent light bulbs, they turn into plasma at low voltage and give off quite a bit of light and very little apparent heat. This property disappears when the gas is exposed to atmospheric pressure. By this token, a toy lightsaber made from a neon tube is, in fact, a very real plasma lightsaber.

Confining the plasma would allow you to lengthen the torch. In some applications, the plasma is confined in a quartz tube which is extensively gas-cooled to prevent it from melting. You can contain plasma using an electromagnetic field, a sort of a magnetic bottle. This is what is used in fusion experiments, where plasma atoms are encouraged to fuse within magnetic confinement. If you contain the plasma, then you can get it to extend itself longer because there's less diffusion of the plasma's energy. You might even be able, under certain conditions, to magnetically repel the lightsaber of an opponent. It is simply too easy to jam a lightsaber that is relying on magnetic fields, so we don't recommend this design for lightsaber dueling.

All in all, we think the unique properties of plasma make it better suited to industry than weaponry - at least for the time being. The biggest limit to plasma research right now is the availability of energy for the plasma generators. If vast new energy sources were to open up, some researchers suggest, then plasma research would probably accelerate to levels we can't imagine. Only then will a Jedi’s lightsaber can be a reality.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Prodigal Son

Buckshot says:

"zeroEDGE says:
"Captain UK says:
"Captain UK says:
"Luke Skywalker says:
"Come here to ask Q's about starwars,Or just visit. all are welcome just keep it clean and cival. welcome i will teach you all about the force."

why dont you ask me a question and i will try and answer it."

about starwars."

Why is Windu's lightsaber the only purple one?"

No one else is pimp enough to wield a purple lightsaber.

"

RAR! We have a winner.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Methos

"Pass my my lightsaber"

"which one is it?"

"It's the one that say's bad mother fr on the base!"

sorry, had to be said...

for those of you that don't get it, watch pulp fiction... if you still don't get it, your too young :D

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By zero edge

methos says:

""Pass my my lightsaber""which one is it?""It's the one that say's bad mother f****r on the base!"--------sorry, had to be said...for those of you that don't get it, watch pulp fiction... if you still don't get it, your too young :DM"

lmao that movie is awesome.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard lightning actually starts from the ground.