LRQ #6: So, Let's Talk About The N Word ''Double Standard''.

• 118 results
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JakeN7

@kcjr said:

@dccomicsrule2011: I hear white kids saying it all the time now, in front of whoever. Black people either don't seem to care, or are accepting that it means nothing anymore. I saw one older gentleman saying something before, but he wasn't threatening anyone. No one's crap was pushed in.

Lol. This video would suggest otherwise...

Loading Video...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't care what anyone says, no one should say n*gger or n*gga. People always come up to me saying 'black people can say n*gga, that's their word, they can use it'... Shut that sh*t up. It's all the same to me. Try to justify it all you want, ain't gon change a thing in my opinion.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't care what anyone says, no one should say n*gger or n*gga. People always come up to me saying 'black people can say n*gga, that's their word, they can use it'... Shut that sh*t up. It's all the same to me. Try to justify it all you want, ain't gon change a thing in my opinion.

Its just a word. :P

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rogueshadow  Moderator
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a black man, I don't really have a problem with nor really get the problem with other races using the N word. White or black it's still the same word with the same history and connotations behind it. Trying to act like black people using between themselves is less severe is just bullsh%tting in my opinion. So as long as it used towards me maliciously, I don't really with other races using the N word with me.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By slimj87d

Stopped reading once I saw first letter of a word was in Caps.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parryboy said:

As an Asian (which is neutral on both sides) I want to banish the guy who invented the word.

We need more Asians here! :)

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If We All Have Equal Rights, Should The White Folks Be Able To Say It Too? Granted, I Think It Should Remain Exclusive To Black People Only.

Now, Saying Racist Slurs In Bed Is Where Im On The Fence. If Im Sleeping With A White Woman, I Don't Want Her Just Throwing That Word Around. I Think That You Guys Lost That Privilege LONG ago.

Then Again, The Modern Caucasians Are Not Responsible For There Ancestors Actions.

Would You Give Your White Partner Permission To Use That?

Should It Remain Exclusive To Black People?

Would You Accept Permission To Call Your Black Friend/Partner That?

Discuss.

Dude... Why do you capitalize every letter in every sentence?

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel the need to use offensive slurs in general. Black people using the term doesn't make me want to use it anymore than if they weren't.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a cruder form of slang, and maybe just a bit of swearing. Would I use it? Probably not. Mostly because I don't find myself in conversations where it could be applicable. As for the right to use it, anyone can use any word, in anyway they want. Restrictions are ridiculous. If someone challenges you, then deal with it. You might deserve to be called out, or you may not. Still your choice, either way.

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla deaths blasts this.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fallingcliffs

lol can be here all day with this one. But yes I agree, it's a double standard that they keep alive especially but get offended if someone else uses the term.

I personally do not feel the need to use offensive slurs, I just refer to another guy as "man, dude or guy" assuming I don't know them then just call them by their umm name?

P.S. that vid is great lol, prime example too of people jumping the gun and hearing what they wantto hear.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By aquaman01

I don't care if black people say it. Why would I? What would I gain for saying it? Sure, do I find it stupid? Yes, but then again, everyone one of us are raised in a different culture so why should I judge. Honestly, saying gay as it is bad "Oh man, gay! No homo dude, but nice butt." are way more offensive too me.

On the other hand, please don't call me the n-word. Because if you call me that, I will assume that means we are close enough that I can say it back to you (not that I usually would of course). I am not the brightest when it comes to things like this and I learned that the hard way.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...I'm not touching this O_O

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Straight-Fire

Meh.

F*ck this thread.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wolverine008

Meh.

F*ck this thread.

Yet you give it attention by posting in it :D

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wolverine08: I feel like saying f**k something right now and this thread was there so... : P

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White People shouldn't really use the word in ANY sort of way.. even though my dad is white and was brought up different it still makes me cringe when he uses the word.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If We All Have Equal Rights, Should The White Folks Be Able To Say It Too? Granted, I Think It Should Remain Exclusive To Black People Only.

Now, Saying Racist Slurs In Bed Is Where Im On The Fence. If Im Sleeping With A White Woman, I Don't Want Her Just Throwing That Word Around. I Think That You Guys Lost That Privilege LONG ago.

Then Again, The Modern Caucasians Are Not Responsible For There Ancestors Actions.

Would You Give Your White Partner Permission To Use That?

Should It Remain Exclusive To Black People?

Would You Accept Permission To Call Your Black Friend/Partner That?

Discuss.

Hm. Racism at it's best. Only certain races can or cannot do something without being treated with prejudice based on their skin color.

People wonder why there is a racial divide. Thinking like this is it.

LAL.

These white folks would have their sh!t pushed in if they said n!gga out in public like they did in this thread.

So what happens if that white dude has a CCW? Does that change the outcome?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I just asked what happens if that dude who is about to get his sh!t pushed in has a concealed weapons permit. Does risking being shot in the face make the sh!t pusher less inclined to physically threaten a person over words?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

Robert A. Heinlein

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@risingbean:

Don't know, and honestly don't care. I'm not one of those people, so I guess you'll have to ask the African-American's who have physically harmed others for use the word n!gga.

As I said before, I could't care less about other races using n!gga----but others don't.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Fair enough. I don't use it myself, but if I did or somebody assumed I did (that prank video shows people who seem like they want to hear it) and physically threatened myself or my family? Being called a name would be the least of their concerns.

I just figured since you mentioned people may be willing to fight over it that people should reconsider their course of actions lest they end up a statistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really don't understand how "n!gga" can change from "person" to a racial slur depending on the skin complexion of the person saying it. When you really think about it, it's just one of these words that can mean whatever you personally want it to. I understand why people are offended by it, but I find it illogical to separate it's meaning for different races.

Either it's a racial slur, or, it's another way of saying "my person" or "my brother", except, "my n!gga!". Can't have it both ways depending on who says it...

I personally think it's an awesome word, and I wish people could try and let the racist connotation behind it die so it can be used more often. It's just satisfying to say and hear for some reason.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@risingbean:

True enough.

You're all my n!gga's in my opinion. White, black, Asian, etc, etc.

Personally, I find the word awesome, and I really wish we bury the racist meaning behind it.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Politically correctivness gone mad.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

True enough.

You're all my n!gga's in my opinion. White, black, Asian, etc, etc.

Personally, I find the word awesome, and I really wish we bury the racist meaning behind it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 juiceboks  Moderator

This again?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a slur. Why would anyone even want to say it anyway? To feel 'cool'? If you wanna talk about double-standard phrases why don't you discuss the whole "reverse-racism" garbage. As if only white people can be racist... Pfft.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By okayalright_44
No Caption Provided

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black people can use it however they want and white people/others of various race cannot and should not say it ever

EVERYONE GET OVER IT AND DEAL WITH IT the arguements over this are stupid and loaded

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what is this forsaken n word?

Nugget?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh freedom of speech, just don't be surprised if someone uses their freedom of expression to showcase their anger of you using that word

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a black man, I don't really have a problem with nor really get the problem with other races using the N word. White or black it's still the same word with the same history and connotations behind it. Trying to act like black people using between themselves is less severe is just bullsh%tting in my opinion. So as long as it used towards me maliciously, I don't really with other races using the N word with me.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SHUT UP YOU CRACKERS!!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Wolverine008

@risingbean said:

@dccomicsrule2011: I just asked what happens if that dude who is about to get his sh!t pushed in has a concealed weapons permit. Does risking being shot in the face make the sh!t pusher less inclined to physically threaten a person over words?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

Robert A. Heinlein

Eh, I've never really liked or supported this quote to be honest. I mean, I'm not saying that one should not be allowed to carry a gun or another weapon for protection, but in regards to a social situation like this with the N word based on races often not understanding each, I don't think violence really does much. Politeness should be based on people mutually understanding each other and their differences(Race, class, etc.) but still seeing that they both just trying to live life. I mean, if "politeness" is only gained through the possibility of the violent retaliation of blowing someone's face off, is that really politeness or fear?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Wolverine008
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Thank you..

Personally I feel like if you purposely say something to somebody knowing they might take it the wrong way then use a gun if that person reacts.. that person with the gun is a coward and in the wrong.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

Robert A. Heinlein

Eh, I've never really liked or supported this quote to be honest. I mean, I'm not saying that one should not be allowed to carry a gun or another weapon for protection, but in regards to a social situation like this with the N word based on races often not understanding each, I don't think violence really does much. Politeness should be based on people mutually understanding each other and their differences(Race, class, etc.) but still seeing that they both just trying to live life. I mean, if "politeness" is only gained through the possibility of the violent retaliation of blowing someone's face off, is that really politeness or fear?

My take is this. If a guy thinks I said the word that shalt not be spoken and wants to attack me for it, a physical altercation is likely if I'm unarmed. If he is grouped with buddies who will stir him to action or possibly join in, things look worse. And all over a word. I'm with you in that violence or the threat of violence in and of itself often doesn't fix things. Except when it does. If that guy who wants to attack me doesn't because he feels I may be armed, It's a win for me. If that guy does and I defend myself at his expense? It's still a win for me. I'm going home at the end of the day without stopping by the hospital or the morgue first.

And if you say "well the bad guys can carry too" as though that is a deterrent, it isn't. Jeff Cooper said "Remember the first rule of gunfighting, have a gun." He also said "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil isn't overcome by fleeing from it."

People nowadays are too self absorbed, I am with you there. We are divided based on race, sexual orientation, religion, so on and on. We need to come together as Americans (I'm speaking from my locality. We need to come together as people if discussing things globally.) if we want to get past this divide. If it does happen, it's gonna be awhile.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't have zealous militants beheading people, we wouldn't have crime, violent or otherwise, we wouldn't have people finding any reason they can to find division rather then adhesion with their neighbors. But the world is what it is. We can try to change it, and I hope we do. But until that day I plan to be sure to remain the front line where my and my families safety is concerned.

@wolverine08: Thank you..

Personally I feel like if you purposely say something to somebody knowing they might take it the wrong way then use a gun if that person reacts.. that person with the gun is a coward and in the wrong.

So let me get this right. If I offend you with a word (or even if I didn't say it but you think I did) that gives you the ok to physically assault me over it? Maybe people shouldn't let words define how they are going to act. People shouldn't hurt others outside of self defense, period.

So if you're one of those dudes hurting others because they call you a jerk or an a**hole, or a racial slur realize when and if you get shot in the face, you'll be the one coming out on the losing end because 1. law abiding citizens are not fans of thugs assaulting people and he'll likely not have any charges brought up and 2. you got shot in the face.

As for people protecting themselves with firearms being cowards, you can feel how you like. I'm sure most would rather some random dude on the net think them a coward and go home at the end of the day, rather then get injured or killed by people intent on doing them harm.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: This is what im saying.

If you're purposely instigating, and you don't care what you say because of ignorance.. what ever happens to you IS ON YOU.

If you have the balls to say whatever you want to someone you don't know.. why would you be such a coward and pull a gun on an unarmed person because of something YOU caused?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Fair enough in regards to your post directed at me. I would like to counter one point you made here though.

So let me get this right. If I offend you with a word (or even if I didn't say it but you think I did) that gives you the ok to physically assault me over it? Maybe people shouldn't let words define how they are going to act. People shouldn't hurt others outside of self defense, period.

Well, here's were I think things aren't really straight black and white and I think there are times wherein Chillp. For example, if you were to be walking down the street with your concealed weapon and saw a group of African-Americans decided to try instigate with them by dropping racially based insults like them being a bunch of chicken loving, big lipped, welfare abusing, watermelon eating, drug abusing, n%ggers(Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're the type of guy) , and they subsequently wanted to beat you up which lead to you shooting them in self defense, in that situation you would be a massivecoward because you walked into a situation trying to purposely instigate by poking at racial stereotypes, and the only reason why you felt confident in doing was because you had a gun with you. You deservedto get a few punches in the face in that case. Now, before you say my situation is not realistic, being someone whom has parents from West Africa with thick accents, I've been able to witness them get treated differently in social situations before with them even getting racial slurs here, and while both my parents are reasonable enough not to beat people up, I don't really think you have much ground to stand on if you instigated a situation of violence purposely. And there isn't reason to act like there aren't people out there who do walk into situations doing stuff like that. I don't think Robert A. Heinlein had that type of stuff in mind when he talked about a polite, armed society.

Now, if you just mean people taking personally due to various other things(Thinking people meant something they didn't) I can agree violence isn't warranted.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Fair enough in regards to your post directed at me. I would like to counter one point you made here though.

Well, here's were I think things aren't really straight black and white and I think there are times wherein Chillp. For example, if you were to be walking down the street with your concealed weapon and saw a group of African-Americans decided to try instigate with them by dropping racially based insults like them being a bunch of chicken loving, big lipped, welfare abusing, watermelon eating, drug abusing, n%ggers(Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're the type of guy) , and they subsequently wanted to beat you up which lead to you shooting them in self defense, in that situation you would be a massivecoward because you walked into a situation trying to purposely instigate by poking at racial stereotypes, and the only reason why you felt confident in doing was because you had a gun with you. You deservedto get a few punches in the face in that case. Now, before you say my situation is not realistic, being someone whom has parents from West Africa with thick accents, I've been able to witness them get treated differently in social situations before with them even getting racial slurs here, and while both my parents are reasonable enough not to beat people up, I don't really think you have much ground to stand on if you instigated a situation of violence purposely. And there isn't reason to act like there aren't people out there who do walk into situations doing stuff like that. I don't think Robert A. Heinlein had that type of stuff in mind when he talked about a polite, armed society.

Now, if you just mean people taking personally due to various other things(Thinking people meant something they didn't) I can agree violence isn't warranted.

Thankfully I'm not that guy.

I agree if a CCW guy is a bully (and instigating a fight while wielding a weapon is no different to me then a tough guy pushing around weaker people.) he is also a coward. So in that light, I can agree. Do I think a person who is right minded and who happens to use a firearm is a coward? No. Even if he is a racist jerkoff. Let's go with another example.

White CCW'er had a bad day. Is on his way home when a black dude gives him crap for some reason or another. If the white CCW'er in anger calls the guy hassling him a nigger, does that give the guy (or anybody who overheard and is offended) the right to attack? No. Does it make the CCW'er a bully? Not under those conditions in my opinion. Does it make him a coward? No. I suppose it all depends who started it as to how I feel about it. With that said, I think somebody who uses the word as a weapon is a jerk. TBH I'm not even a fan of it being used in general because I know how sensitive some are and would prefer the possibility of altercation.

While I don't believe words should push a person into physical altercations, I can also see where the temptation is there. If somebody disrespects my wife, trust me I want to stomp on that guys throat. It doesn't mean I have any legal right to do so, but I can empathize with a person who wants to fight when hit with combative verbage. However before I decide to fight that guy, I need to decide if the possible outcome is worth it. Is it worth possibly dying, being grieviously injured, jailed, etc? If not, best course of action is just to let it slide.

As for the quote, As CCW's become more common criminals need to realize that they may run into armed people in the course of their crime. be that simple assault or robbery or rape or murder. I see it as a statement on that. You may be less likely to rob a bank if it has armed guards, right? Well what if any patron in there may also be armed? Odds are you'll be even less inclined to rob that bank. The last thing a home invader wants to run into is a shotgun barrel aimed at them. Society is better off when people realize there may be lethal consequences to their actions.

As for West Africa, what area? I have an acquaintance from Cameroon. She has the most awesome accent.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ChillxPill

@risingbean: Here's the problem with the second part.. The Black guy obviously had a REASON to give him hassle. It was probably because the guy did something that the black guy didn't like because he had a bad day. NOW it's not like the guy called him a b!tch or an AHole. He specifically said Nigger. Just because he was upset that does not give him the right to completely disrespect the black guy.

Saying Nigger to a black person is not ok, and you shouldn't expect a nice response.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By legacy6364
No Caption Provided