LRQ #2:Are Celebs & The Media Brainwasing Our Youth?

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superlightning123

Take A Look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs . I Love A Variety Of Music Including Rap. But Is This Kind Of Music Hurting Us? Is It Setting Black People Back ? Do You Think That The Media, In General, Are Brainwashing Our Youth As To What Is Beautiful, And What Is Not? Take A Look At The Human Barbie. Nicki Minaj (She's Awesome By The Way...) And The Kardashians, Megan Fox. Are They Hurting This Generation? Girls Are Starving Themselves. Making Themselves Throw Up. Plastic Surgery. And Take A Look At The Comment Section Of Nicki's Video. Do White Women Really Care About There Butts Much? How Far Will You Go To Look Good? Would You Ever Get Surgery Just To Make Your Husband Happy? Or Are You Happy How You Are?

What Are Your Thoughts On This?

Discuss.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why did you type the OP like Jaden Smith on Twitter?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

In my opinion, the media and pop culture in itself is perhaps influencing our youth though not to the point of brainwashing. Whether or not this influence is positive or negative is up for discretion. On one side, their trying to make this year the year they stop drugs and smoking, something refreshing given the recent mess society has displayed. On the other hand, for the points you mentioned above. Celebrities and pop culture, including music is, in my opinion, having a negative impact among todays kids and teens.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. The Kardashians have single handedly put humanity decades behind.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Why did you type the OP like Jaden Smith on Twitter?

Was just about to ask this. Why capitalize the first letter of every word?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

No, celebrities are not to blame, at all. Placing fault on famous people for children's actions is a diversion tactic irresponsible parents use when they aren't ready to confront the fact that they are lackluster role models to their children.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

No, celebrities are not to blame, at all. Placing fault on famous people for children's actions is a diversion tactic irresponsible parents use when they aren't ready to confront the fact that they are lackluster role models to their children.

Amen to that, well said! If they do have such a destructive influence on our kids it is only because we allow it to happen.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be lying if I said they didn't

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What @wolverine08 said is true.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"What Are Your Thoughts On This?"

My Thoughts Are That It Is Fun Typing Like This.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blade_R

Hip-hop is not hurtful.

• It brings multiple races together, go to a hip-hop concert and you will see people of every color there having a good time together
  • Hip-hop has given people a chance to do something with their lives, artists that once would have been gangbanging and drug dealing for money got to abandon that life thanks to hip-hop, it is also a perfect outlet for them to tell their story.
  • A lot of hip-hop can be educational and eye opening to some. It can give off so many good messages and educate people but you wont hear any of that hip-hop on the radio. (I wonder why?)
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's programming. Why else you think they call em Television "programs."

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a bit of everything. I don't think it's fair to place blame on parents for failing to control what their child(ren) is exposed to in today's environment of constant bombardment as it relates to advertising and viral fads. It's all about the money, and everything aimed at the public has a target depending on the product. Whether it's a thing or a person, everything is for sale and the message is no longer as subliminal as its been in the past in convincing impressionable youth to fall in line. Best thing to do is talk about it at home, at school and at play and hopefully by the time adulthood is reached, that once impressionable and naive youth will be able to sift through the noise.

In an attempt to keep my hypocrisy low, I admit I am susceptible to what's considered "in" and what is considered attractive. My first thought to the question of changing myself physically for the person I am involved with was a "hell no", but I not only style my hair (and its colour) to suit him, I purposely dress the way he likes as well. In fact, he somewhat has become my physical trainer since hooking up with me, so that really speaks as to how far I am willing to go to please him in my physical appearance. Holy sh_t..

Then again, I look great. Better than great, so I guess I am comfortable with how things are, at least for now. Vanity is a bitch.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ChillxPill

@cozy_da_djed_eye:

KRS-One FTW.. it's not the Parents. You can't blame Parents the Kids actions.

Kids/Teens are so easy to manipulate, and influence. So naturally if your child or teen is on Internetor Watches tv for long periods of time he, or she was learn or get into things they really shouldn't.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Advertising at it's core heavily researched brainwashing and is unhealthy for the mind.

Yes parents are a primary factor but it's foolish to not look at other factors.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Brainwashing is such a strong word...

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points