• 60 results
#1 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm making this cause self hatred based on racial lines is very real. Some people don't see it but it exists. I'm here to say that you have to love all of yourself, race included. You can have disagreements with certain cultural traits your race/ethnicity has or how they're portrayed in media. But If you don't do those things take heart that you are not a stereotype and that their is a very very good chance their are others like you in your race/ethnicity.

Note: If you have issue with this thread, instead of b!tching about it avoid the thread.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (26493 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27340 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by russellmania77 (13589 posts) - - Show Bio

Grrrr

#6 Posted by Jokergeist (4898 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I like camels

#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27340 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by InkInk (153 posts) - - Show Bio

So many of these threads lately.

Coming from a mixed race background I stand firmly in saying someones race does not define who they are and its getting ridiculous if people think that they have to love there race or act the way the media depicts there race when that stuff has no meaning only thing that matters is the character of someones heart.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27340 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@inkink said:

So many of these threads lately.

Coming from a mixed race background I stand firmly in saying someones race does not define who they are and its getting ridiculous if people think that they have to love there race or act the way the media depicts there race when that stuff has no meaning only thing that matters is the character of someones heart.

Some people don't have character. What then?

#14 Posted by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do all these race threads exist? Somebody explain pleeease

#15 Edited by Cjdavis103 (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh*

seriously?

#16 Edited by InkInk (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: So your saying since some people do not have character which in untrue. That we should solely define ourselves and others self worth due to race? Do you see the large problem there if people think like that racism will always be in the fore front of society.

#17 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

You can be proud to be who you are. Don't think for a moment it makes you better than anyone else. That's what my parents taught me about race. My 2 pennies.

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (13589 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by mikethekiller (8157 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to take pride in your heritage and culture. Just don't go overboard and become a supremacist.

#20 Posted by Marionettegeist (1841 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to take pride in your heritage and culture.

In your opinion. I find it pointless.

#21 Posted by Racob7 (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

I love being human.

#22 Edited by mikethekiller (8157 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@mikethekiller said:

ok

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27340 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@mikethekiller said:

in that case everything is pointless

#24 Posted by Marionettegeist (1841 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that anyone hates their own ethnicity here on the vine. At most,I think that they just don't care...

Are you asking people to take pride or something in their heritage?

But yeah,it's a true phenomenon.

#26 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

poor Ozzy feels so awkward lol

I think he really respected them for doing this. He said as much.

......I don't get what's happening here....

#27 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@inkink said:

@nelomaxwell: So your saying since some people do not have character which in untrue. That we should solely define ourselves and others self worth due to race? Do you see the large problem there if people think like that racism will always be in the fore front of society.

Does it say that on here? I want you to show me where I said that. And please don't say I was implying it because you really can't tell what I'm thinking you can only speculate. Also there are people who follow trends as quickly as the wind blows. They have no character or persona to speak of. I've met them and have went to school with them, so keep your truths for you.

#28 Posted by CuddleBear (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell being proud of your race is like being proud of having a predisposition to heart disease.

#29 Posted by Squares (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Dutch/English, not much to hate.

#30 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell being proud of your race is like being proud of having a predisposition to heart disease.

Except one can kill you. How does that equate?

#31 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really get why a person can't have pride in their heritage? I don't really think that you have to accomplish something to be proud of it.....

#32 Posted by CuddleBear (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

oh so you don't think one should love their predisposition to heart disease? makes just as much sense as loving the color you are

#33 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4680 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? It doesn't do anything for you.

#34 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

oh so you don't think one should love their predisposition to heart disease? makes just as much sense as loving the color you are

I guess, they're both something your born with. Except that one can be guarded against by measures and the other can't. Oh and one can kill you, then again this is America so depending on which race you are you may be killed for being that anyway, right? So I agree.

#35 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? It doesn't do anything for you.

It actually helped me not kill myself. So thanks.

#36 Posted by CuddleBear (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

I guess, they're both something your born with. Except that one can be guarded against by measures and the other can't. Oh and one can kill you, then again this is America so depending on which race you are you may be killed for being that anyway, right? So I agree.

they are things you have no choice in. are you proud to have curly hair? are you proud to have blue eyes? also I don't understand what living in America has to do with being killed for being a certain race. Do you think that is exclusive to America? now being proud of being American now thats something i could get behind. America has ideals, laws and justice to be proud of, does not always live up to them but the pursuit of them is something to be proud of. what does a color have to be proud of?

#37 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

they are things you have no choice in. are you proud to have curly hair? are you proud to have blue eyes? also I don't understand what living in America has to do with being killed for being a certain race. Do you think that is exclusive to America? now being proud of being American now thats something i could get behind. America has ideals, laws and justice to be proud of, does not always live up to them but the pursuit of them is something to be proud of. what does a color have to be proud of?

The ability to adequately absorb sunlight without being burned. Good enough?

#38 Edited by CuddleBear (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

wasn't for marley :( <---- sincere sad face

#39 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@cuddlebear said:

wasn't for marley :( <---- sincere sad face

To be fair. He had a white father. RIP.

#40 Posted by _Cain_ (23368 posts) - - Show Bio

I love being Irish.

Don't believe in pride for schtuff like that though

#41 Posted by Bruxae (9262 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have an issue with my race but I dont really like the way society works in the country I am from, but rather then "b!**ing" about it I am working towards moving.

#42 Posted by Mitrageist (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I dont have an issue with my race but I dont really like the way society works in the country I am from, but rather then "b!**ing" about it I am working towards moving.

To Canada?

#43 Posted by Bruxae (9262 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@bruxae said:

To Canada?

Possibly. : ) That or finland.

#44 Edited by Deadite (16889 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@mitran said:

@bruxae said:

To Canada?

You almost moved there once but some other things had held you back.

#45 Posted by Bruxae (9262 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@bruxae said:

@mitran said:

@bruxae said:

To Canada?

Good memory. :)

#46 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14189 posts) - - Show Bio

I already do.

btw, 'self-hatred due to race?' what? I thought people hated other races sometimes, not themselves.

#47 Posted by Deadite (16889 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@deadite said:

Good memory. :)

:D

#48 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Hispano-asian (jap-chinese-pinoy) for the win. I'm a hybrid.

#49 Posted by kcjr (183 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread may have made sense in the seventies (I'm aware there was no internet), it seems silly now. I think people now are judged more by the way they speak and dress than skin color.

#50 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

i love individuals in each race.i have no feelings towards the race itself.