#1 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the Scenario:  

A powerful entity comes to you and gives you two choices, you HAVE to choose one.  

Option A: You will find your true love, she/he will love you with all their heart, and you will love them equally. The love will last for the rest of your lives and you will both die on the exact same day together so you will never be apart. However, you will be always stuck in the lower class  financially  wise. You will struggle to pay your bills, taking any job, no matter how low it is just to make ends meet, and you will be in this class system forever with no chance of improving.  

Option B: You will become a billionaire, with a net worth of 8.5 billion. You will have this money forever, you will never go bankrupt or lose it, however you will also never find true love, sure you can have casual flings, hire prostitutes if you'd like, but that special someone will forever be out of reach.  

Which would you choose?

#3 Posted by sabracadabra (582 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick love. Having that special person in your life can make any job or situation more bearable.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

B.

#5 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Money. I don't need love. If I can never lose my money then I can invest all my money in everything I possible can and see how much money I could get. I won't go that crazy with my investments though...

#6 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

A.

#7 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

B.

Money + Expensive Hookers = Love

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

B. Was never really that big on love, so yeah...

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224440 posts) - - Show Bio
Money... Love has always been an illusion to me... I mean at times it seems like you have it but it never turns out right... either that person you really love tragically dies suddenly or they turn on you. Money wont turn on you... but it can cause problems as well. 
#10 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

B. I just don't care about option A :P

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

True Love.

#12 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

Money

#13 Posted by SC (13226 posts) - - Show Bio

B. Since true love is an illusionary. Finding as in "finding" true love sounds so lazy, cheap and dishonest. Any real and sincere type of love might take work and effort and is as true as you make it and might extend to any as willing. They will love you? You will love them? Where's the choice? They will choose to love you and you will choose to love them. That sounds better to me. Option B, think of the other peoples lives you could improve and businesses you could create designed to make other peoples lives better and hell even help other people find love. You might not get to find that someone special but at least you get to met people and decide to like them for reasons, real reasons. Why love with your heart when you can love with your brain.     

#14 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

B

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

True Love.

This.

I'm betting those who pick money over love have never experienced the latter.

#16 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize the importance of money.

#17 Posted by Edamame (28287 posts) - - Show Bio

Money. After all, I need it for survival.

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

love for me

#20 Edited by ShootingNova (18277 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just kill that entity (for making me decide) and get on with my life.

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure.

Could I have a bit of both?

#22 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrdecepticonleader:  

#23 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

:(

Which one would you choose?

#24 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrdecepticonleader:  

Money, for those who say it can't buy true happiness, they just aren't buying the right things.
#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Money, for those who say it can't buy true happiness, they just aren't buying the right things.

I can see where your coming from I suppose.

#26 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

A

#27 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4256 posts) - - Show Bio

Love for me. Money is the root of all evil and the more money you have the more problems that come with it. If true love is an illusion then money is one of the truest forms of evil ever

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Love.

#29 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with ShootingNova. Destroy that entity for trying to force a decision and take my own chances at life.

#30 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Love can't be forced or it's not true love. And I want to make it on my own power in life. Picking between these two wouldnt be smart because you can have both if you put in enough effort. (Well, maybe not 8,5 billioj, but enough to live very comfortable :p)

#31 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Money, though it is close.

#32 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been in love so for now it would probably be B, though I'd get bored pretty fast.

#33 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

selfish and dirty money

#34 Edited by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't even have to think about it. Money wins easily.

I'm not at all interested in finding a "special someone". There's so much more to life. I'll be able to eat at fancier restaurants and eat out in general more regularly, explore the world, own every film, game, book, etc., I want, fund my own projects, provide money to scientific research and causes that I'm interested in, and I'll still be able to get some lovin'.

#35 Edited by Deadite (24519 posts) - - Show Bio

B. Only because I probably have a different interpretation on identifying that special someone, if the Entity knows and meets my wishes, I'll choose A.

#36 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio

*SIGH* At those picking "neither'' when the rules state you MUST CHOOSE ONE. 

#37 Posted by cascadeking09 (6762 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose option C.

#38 Posted by cascadeking09 (6762 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: It's impossible to choose one because they're both bad choices lol.

#39 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Love. There's millions of people who have more money than they can spend but are still unhappy, likewise there are millions of people who are living paycheck to paycheck yet they seem to be happy as can be. I've never been big on material things so as long as I have enough money to support myself and significant other, I'm good. Love conquers all. :]

#40 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the clause, that dude is LOCKED IN.......if Charles Ingalls could do it, then I can do it.

Love

#41 Posted by stambo42 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Money, not that I'd need it. I'd give most of it away, or use it to fund political causes I care about. More importantly, I wouldn't have some "love" person trying to get between me and the relationships that matter to me, my creative enterprises. Really, I'd be no different than I am today, I'd just not have to worry about sustaining my art, and I could hope to have a voice in the American political system.

#42 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd choose A. I don't see it as a forced love in this scenario. I believe that you're supposed to meet the person that you would love, and who would love you back forever. Course, nothings perfect, but love can endure a lot.

Money causes problems, and I feel like I'd feel empty, even with everything I want. I might even get bored of having everything. Life needs to have a little bit of a challenge.

#43 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

100% A (love)!

#44 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Love isn't meant for everyone especially in this day and age who can you trust?. Id choose money.

#45 Posted by Raiiyn (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@PowerHerc said:

True Love.

This.

Nah... Experienced it.. over-rated.

MOE.

#46 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raiiyn said:

@xxxddd said:

@PowerHerc said:

True Love.

This.

Nah... Experienced it.. over-rated.

MOE.

#47 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

Love isn't meant for everyone especially in this day and age who can you trust?. Id choose money.

LOL, someone needs love....

#48 Posted by warlock360 (28057 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been proven that you can only gain that much hapiness through a certain amount of cash, but the benefits and happiness you get from a long term relationship (or bond for eternity) is more beneficial. The average life-span is also supposed to be higher by 15 years then people without long term relationships. 3 states of love, newly met love/love on first sight, lust love and then the bond for eternity love. yadda yadda

#49 Posted by SuperCede (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Why choose when you can have both?