Love letters to Richard Dawkins

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Thoughts to why people would respond in such a way? Religious morality?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ccraft

It answered that right at the beginning of the video "Religious fundamentalist"

Lets not try for the hundredth time to place all religious people in the same group as those who are mean, ignorant, and prejudices.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know why some Christians make such a big deal of his beliefs and attack him. The same way as not a single Christian represents the entire population, Dawkins doesn't represent the entire atheist population.

If anything, they're just fanning the flames.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why some Christians make such a big deal of his beliefs and attack him. The same way as not a single Christian represents the entire population, Dawkins doesn't represent the entire atheist population.

If anything, they're just fanning the flames.

It's human nature to do as such, emotion and reason is closely associated in the brain. It's why some people ignore facts when they go against their religion or a way of thinking.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: Damn you pikachu! I would kill you with fire if I could!!!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: How could you hurt his adorable little guy?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some of those Love Letters are Hilarious... even if they are blatantly out of character of what Christianity is "Supposed" to be about. I guess it's just a Christian thing. I mean why do so many Christians in America go out to clubs and get drunk and fack women and men that are not their wives and husbands on Saturday and then on Sunday want to go to church and claim to be so holy and blessed by God ? It's hypocritical, but it's the nature of the religious. Well, some of them.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ccraft

@hylian: It's too cute, it must die...

No Caption Provided
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mortein

@mandarinestro said:

It's really not quite the same.

It's true that a single christian do not represent an entire population, but with atheist this deviation is even larger. While Christians share the same holy book, doctrines, beliefs and values, the only criteria you need to classify yourself as an atheist is to lack a belief in God.

The fact that someone is an atheist doesn't really tell you anything about him directly, it doesn't tell you what he beliefs in or what he values.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's so unchristian of them, than again most "Christians" often fail at withholding their supposed values.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@frozen: "GAYtheist"

I'll be using that one a lot.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ccraft
TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By TheDandyMan
No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By mickey-mouse
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Lets not try for the hundredth time to place all religious people in the same group as those who are mean, ignorant, and prejudices.

^^

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ccraft
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ccraft: An educator must know more than the so-called student. In the case between you and me, this is simply not the case as it is not true.

@king_saturn said:

Some of those Love Letters are Hilarious... even if they are blatantly out of character of what Christianity is "Supposed" to be about. I guess it's just a Christian thing. I mean why do so many Christians in America go out to clubs and get drunk and fack women and men that are not their wives and husbands on Saturday and then on Sunday want to go to church and claim to be so holy and blessed by God ? It's hypocritical, but it's the nature of the religious. Well, some of them.

Indeed.

Christianity, over time is diluting its beliefs so the churches have had to compromise it's belief. Christianity is having a ''crisis of identity''.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Hehe you won't even discuss what I said previously, you should be a politician!

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bi@tch bi@tch ahahahahahahahahaha

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ccraft: A Christian Fundamentalist will believe that the statements exactly taken from The Bible are literally true; this is why they reject Evolution in favor of Creationism. If this holds true, then the morality they display and what you initially stated is a testament to the notion that diluted Christian beliefs are more moral.

Citing religious morality does not mean I'm lumping all religious people into one bracket because the degree of faith differs. Those who take the faith to the highest level; and literally interpret the texts, as shown in the video were evidently less moral. Religious morality needn't refer to every Christian but the moral teachings from The Bible as a doctrine.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Religious people believe what they believe because this is what they were taught, they were raised and taught to be a religious, this is why you see kids speaking in tongues or literally fainting in church. I think it has something to do with innate learning, something I went over in my recent blog that no one cares about... Also Religious people are going to believe what they believe no matter what facts you throw at them, emotions and reasoning is intertwined with in the brain.

Maybe if you didn't say just "religious morality" and explained yourself more clearly, I wouldn't assume you were grouping all religious people as mean spirited people, and I have seen you call yourself an anti-theist.

Your question seemed redundant anyways, the video explained why people are so hostile to him. Their fundamentalist, and they feel he's attacking their religion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the atheist circle jerk commence!!!!

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many gay slurs and hate speech from such devoted religious people. Rolls eyes.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@ccraft: Again, you need to inspect my post. The term the video uses is ''religious fundamentalist'' --- a person who believes the texts in the biblical doctrine to be literally true; hence my example of pro-creationism and the rejection of evolution as it goes against the doctrine. My use of the term ''religious morality'' was specifically in regards to the video which cited religious fundamentalism; that video was a demonstration of religious morality taken directly from the bible itself. Religious morality, in relation to religious fundamentalist is morality taken from the literal texts of the bible; Richard Dawkins was on the receiving end of morality based on the literal interpretation of The Bible.

Therefore the acknowledgement of not all Christians being like that, will indirectly show that diluted beliefs, watered down versions which make compromises with wider society and reject a literal excerpt would be more moral. Anyway, no I didn't explain myself fully but you did make a big assumption of what I wrote.

Yes I am an Anti-Theist, but I also stated that I am also a Christian-Atheist, Secular-Buddhist and part Secular-Sikh. The first philosophy (Christian Atheist) is an Atheist who rejects a belief in a deity but follows the moral teachings of Jesus Christ. I admire the teachings of Jesus, but I will selectively cut out parts which are not immoral as I see The Bible as nothing more than selective philosophy, with admiration for Jesus as a philosopher. I am Anti-Theistic in regards to traditional organised religion due to it's political and social influence, which I do not like, and for good reasons.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ccraft

@frozen:

It's not as off based of an assumption considering you are an anti-theist that I would think you were grouping all religious people together. But lets move on from that, because now we fully understand each other.

But what I don't understand is why you're trying to explain religious morality and religious fundamentalist to me. I know what that is, moving on again...

There are many denominations of religions, but to say that'w what makes religion weak is an ignorant statement. The bible is interpreted in many ways, just like how art can be interpreted in many ways.

What do you see in this painting? Is it a vampire drinking a man's blood?

No Caption Provided

Or is it a woman holding a man in a loving embrace, and kisses him on the neck to comfort him?

Is this piece of art weaker because it doesn't have a definitive meaning to it? The artist was vague on the true meaning of this painting, and it's still a very good painting. Life is like a painting, it has a story to tell, with different meanings to it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Jesus doesn't eat popcorn you blasphemer!

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@sophia89: Jesus doesn't eat popcorn you blasphemer!

No Caption Provided

hehe double LOL

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By albusan
No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Dear Richard Dawkins,

Thank you for giving up your wrinkly ol' azzzzzzz to the popularity of Hitchins.

Love,

Jug Jug"

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ccraft

@albusan said:
No Caption Provided

Is that even real O_o

Pareidolia; when you see faces of animals or humans in objects :D the more you know!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

Well you learn something new everyday ^_^

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: LOL, I was painting a bottom panel for a double-page spread, and it's been taking a while. It's on rough watercolor paper and there's some inkwash as a base coat.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jugjugbanks: Hehe, so you're a painter? What are you painting, i'm not sure what your talking about :p

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By comicace3

This is hilarious. Lets face it. Hitchens would've recieved worse letters.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlackLegRaph