LOST

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

New episode tomorrow night! I am kinda pissed at the time change. Guess that's what dvr's are for.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm so ready for it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

16 weeks straight!!

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Ebony Bishop

We Canadians still get to watch it at 8pm. Boo-yah!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

But you have to live in Canada so is it really a win?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I watched this week's episode (2/14) tonight (dvr'd). Whoah. That was some freaky stuff with Desmond. Reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife which is a good book. I think that episode was the best so far this season. Last week's didn't do too much for me.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It was a good episode.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Sooooooo good. That's the stuff I've been missing.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Buckshot says:

"But you have to live in Canada so is it really a win?"

Nice shot

Noir_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Noir_Dark

No other hour in TV history has pissed me off more than the hour that Lost occupies. The series started off great! But in sted of pursuing any number of the multiple plot lines they've introduced they just keep introducing new story lines. It's the same problem X-MEn had in the 90's. But, I'm stuck. I've invested too much time is this thing. I guess I'm with it to the end.

And on top of all that they waist time with little stories that have nothing to do with anything. Here,s my top three worst LOst episodes.

3; We found the second half of the film gasp and it said that we shouldn’t use the computer for chatting. (They must have a DL/UL cap)

2: Hurley is in charge of the food. Like Hurley doesn’t have enough problems now he’s gotta distribute vittles

1; Sun lost her ring. Don’t worry she found it again.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think they said that they're going to resolve like 4 of the past questions in the next episode.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Metal Head

Oooh, a LOST thread! Wooooo! I loved the first 2 seasons and aren't crazy thrilled with the current one, but I"m not ready to jsut bash it to no end and give up on the show like so many critics I know.

I think it was a poor choice to do the mini 6-episode season (Especially since not much happened), though I'm glad it's now no-reruns till the end. I liked the Juilet episode somewhat and really liked the Desmond one. I'd been thinking how Time Travel might be involved in the show somewhat recently (especially after the whole anagram thing the producers talked about... which basically spells TIME LOST.... see the Lostpedia for way more details). So it's interesting to see how it's playing out. Though it does help explain why there's a slave ship on the island (near Rousseau), why there's a crazy 4 toed statue, potentially dinosaurs or whatever, etc.

As for this week's episode, yeah they said they'd explain 3 of the biggest mysteries of LOST! But one of them is about... yawn... Jack's tattoos. THey better start delivering soon or they're gonna really start dropping in the ratings.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wanna know why no one's noticed there's a second island. Wouldn't that crazy French chic have noticed after 16 (or whatever) years? Didn't Sayid try mapping out the whole island? Or maybe he didn't get that far after his run-in with the crazy frenchie. I forget.

And yeah, I agree the first 6 ep's weren't that great. But it was a nice tease to get some new episodes rather than one new followed by two repeats then a re-cap episode then maybe one or two new ones, etc.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Metal Head

I'm real curious about Rousseau now. If that Alex chick is really Rousseau's daughter and she's also Ben's daughter (as revealed in the Juliet episode), then how come she doesn't remember Ben? She shot him with an arrow early on but never mentioned a thing. So either Ben's NOT the biological father (just adopted father) or he did some crazy mind manipulation on Rousseau. Or... she's in cahoots with The Others and that was all a ploy. (She conveniently hit him with an arrow that didn't hit any major organs).

Also, how the hell could she survive for 16 years on the island?!? And why didnt' the Others capture her already?

I love the show, but yeah they do have to wrap up a few more original mysteries before tossing 15 new ones at us or we won't care about the original mysteries. (Like those 2 skeletons in the caves from season 1!)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

Or what happend to Jack's dad's body? I do hope ABC lets the creators end it when they want to (think it was mentioned at five seasons). Knowing ABC, they'll just have another plane filled with smart-@$$ kids and animals that can do tricks crash on the island when the main actors' contracts expire.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The last few episodes have let me down, tonight better be awesome.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mighty Magneto

i have high hopes.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Could it get much worse

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It hasn't been horrible, just not as good as I've expected it to be and I don't expect that to change tonight, but I'd love it if it did.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gmanfromheck

I"m still diggin' it.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mighty Magneto

I think its really gone down hill it needs to pick up

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By GoocherLee

Got a thing for VW vans, do ya?

I stayed up for THAT?

Ugh...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck

I would imagine a lot of people didn't care for this week's episode. I liked it. A little different. Kinda fun in a way. Some of the exchanges were amusing. It's good that the show mixes things up a bit. I don't wanna see Jack all pouty every week. And we do have Kate gathering her little commando army. By far not the best episode but it was entertaining.

Broken Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Broken Arrow

Why doesnt Hurley ever lose any wieght? But still I thought it was alright Sawyer drinking with that skeleton was funny as hell.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hurley doesn't lose weight 'cause he's still eating. Remember when they got all that food parachuted down to them? For some brilliant reason they put Hurley in charge of the food. He had that secret stash in the jungle. Didn't he have a huge jar of either peanut butter or mayonaise? My memory's playing tricks on me so I'm thinking it was pb and not mayo. Mayo in the jungle? Mmmmm...

Sawyer's reaction to finding the skull was pretty funny too.
Post Edited:2007-03-02 10:14:28

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Metal Head

Just saw this week's episode last night...

I didn't hate it. Certainly didn't love it, but it was an okay episode. On its own, it was a fun episode that added a little levity to an otherwise intense single-character season. Now if this episode had been in the middle of say season 1 or 2 where it was a non-stop action can't-wait-until-next-week-or-I'm-gonna-die episode after episode, this would've been a nice little breather. Unfortunately, it's stuck in season 3 which has been far from great. This season we had 6 episodes in a row (which overall were "so/so" in my mind. I liked #5 and #6 the best, but the entire 6 episodes could've been condensed down to 1. But regardless... after those 6 eps, that's it for months and months. Then it finally comes back and we have a "decent" episode giving some background on Juliet, then another interesting episode on Desmond. Nothing earth shattering or heart pounding, but good. Then comes the horrific worst episode ever where absolutely nothing happened. And THEN comes this "fun" Hurley episode. Disregarding the last 3 minutes where Kate somehow tracks down Rouseauu, this was pretty much a filler episode.

And sadly, I'm starting to fill that season 3 is an almost filler season. I know the writers are a bit handcuffed because they're waiting for ABC to give them the greenlight to tell their story at their own pace, but this season in particular is so all over the place. It's like they can't make up their mind what direction they want to go in at the moment, so they'll do a lot more filler flashbacks that don't tell you much at all, and drop a few tiny new things here and there. I'll certainly keep watching because I have faith it'll turn out awesome in the end, but this season is proving hard to get all rah-rahish behind.

Few specific questions/points from last night's ep:

1) I know nothing about cars, particularly manual ones. But 2 things didn't make sense to me about Hurley in that ol' van. First, even if it never turned over and started, couldn't he have just turned the wheel at the last second? Or is the wheel locked until the motor's running? And second, can you really JUMP start a dead car by rolling it down a big hill and then popping the clutch?

2) How long was that van there for? That body was super decomposed, so it hadda be years right? How come the Others never found it or did anythign with it? They certainly could use a car right? And all that recycling paper inside was interesting. Where the heck was he taking it? Could that be recycled paper from all those notebooks someone kept in the observation deck that came out of tubes in the middle of a field?

3) Sawyer stepping on a dart. That seemed real out of place to me too. I'd like to think there's a much deeper meaning to it, but I have a feeling it was only tossed in there to get Sawyer and Kate talking about their relationship and making googly eyes at each other.

4) Uh, how did Kate know where Rouseau was?

5) And finally, the one good thing about this ep is that Kate's starting to get back to the old Kate. I think the second she took off her dress (get your mind out of the gutter) and put on her normal Kate clothes, she reverted back to her old self.

6) Okay finally #2... I know the writers have some "big plans" for Paulo and Nikki and we'll just have to wait and see. But I'm with the majority that these 2 are just super annoying and seem so forced into the spotlight to fill a hole left by Shannon and Boone's deaths...

Okay, that's it for now. Looking forward to next week's episode where Locke apparently screws up big time again. Woop!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hmmm...I'm getting some deja vu here...

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Metal Head

No. I liked this week's episode. But whether you liked or hated it, you have to admit it was a 90% fluff/filler episode. The previous week's was atrocious and just all around bad and didn't go anywhere. This week's was a good fun episode that didnt' really go anywhere. :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm saying I felt like Desmond reading your post. It's like I read it already...earlier this morning.

he he.

I did like it. It was fun, different. All the moodiness gets a little old if we see it all the time. Do I want all episodes like this? No way. It was also good to see Sawyer relaxing a bit while drinking with Roger Workman. Gotta admit, I chuckled a few times.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

"Roger Workman", lqtm.

Broken Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Broken Arrow

I thought it was just Roger and the workman part meant he was a janitor?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gmanfromheck

Wonder if Roger Workman saw this.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gmanfromheck

superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By superojsimpson

lost had it's finale. turns out it  was just a dogs' dream.