#1 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Witch-king can't be killed by Men, then is it possible for him to fight beings such as Galactus and win?

#2 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"If the Witch-king can't be killed by Men, then is it possible for him to fight beings such as Galactus and win?"

Galactus has transcended such things he can no longer be considered a man.

#3 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Warsman says:
"If the Witch-king can't be killed by Men, then is it possible for him to fight beings such as Galactus and win?"
Galactus has transcended such things he can no longer be considered a man."

Interesting. What about Superman, Hulk, blah, blah, blah, etc.

#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Superman and Hulk are very much 'men' in this sense, although Supes is tricky since he's not 'human'.In the story of MacBeth, he couldn't be killed by any man born of woman..."

Call up the asexually reproducing creatures!

#5 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Hulk are very much 'men' in this sense, although Supes is tricky since he's not 'human'.

In the story of MacBeth, he couldn't be killed by any man born of woman...

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Superman and Hulk are very much 'men' in this sense, although Supes is tricky since he's not 'human'. In the story of MacBeth, he couldn't be killed by any man born of woman..."
Call up the asexually reproducing creatures!"

Well, all it took was a man who's mother died in child-birth and he had to be pulled from the womb... "

Then why doesn't he go and kill the rest of the ring wraith's/nazgul's?

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Superman and Hulk are very much 'men' in this sense, although Supes is tricky since he's not 'human'. In the story of MacBeth, he couldn't be killed by any man born of woman..."
Call up the asexually reproducing creatures!"

Well, all it took was a man who's mother died in child-birth and he had to be pulled from the womb...

#8 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Call up the asexually reproducing creatures!

Because this guy was still a man and subject to the Witch-King's prophesy.

Hm...wonders what you two are saying

#9 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Because this guy was still a man and subject to the Witch-King's prophesy.

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder. Why didn't the witch king have the other Nazgul's accompany him. SO one could stab that guy to death before he stabbed the witch king in the face.

#11 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"I wonder. Why didn't the witch king have the other Nazgul's accompany him. SO one could stab that guy to death before he stabbed the witch king in the face."

I think the Nazgul were told to deal with other matters by Sauron while the Witch-king dealt with Gondor and Rohan. There's little to no evidence of them staying after the Rohirrim arrive.

#12 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"I wonder. Why didn't the witch king have the other Nazgul's accompany him. SO one could stab that guy to death before he stabbed the witch king in the face."

I think the Nazgul were told to deal with other matters by Sauron while the Witch-king dealt with Gondor and Rohan. There's little to no evidence of them staying after the Rohirrim arrive."

And, why in Melkor/Morgoth's name did he stay on the ground? I assume their nazgul mounts are nigh impossible to injure.

#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Warsman says:
"Dreadnaught says:
I think the Nazgul were told to deal with other matters by Sauron while the Witch-king dealt with Gondor and Rohan. There's little to no evidence of them staying after the Rohirrim arrive."
And, why in Melkor/Morgoth's name did he stay on the ground? I assume their nazgul mounts are nigh impossible to injure."

His fell beast was killed..."

I need to watch the movies and read the books simultaneously again It strangely helps my memory alot

#14 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Warsman says:
"Dreadnaught says:
And, why in Melkor/Morgoth's name did he stay on the ground? I assume their nazgul mounts are nigh impossible to injure."

His fell beast was killed...

#15 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus would squash this fool

#16 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Galactus would squash this fool"

We've established that, sorry.

We were discussing if the Witch-king could take on others like Superman, Hulk, etc. and so-forth.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"King Saturn says:
We've established that, sorry. We were discussing if the Witch-king could take on others like Superman, Hulk, etc. and so-forth."

Depends on what the etc. includes. Cause if you mean Thor with Odin Force or Silver Surfer or even Abraxas. You can forget it.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"King Saturn says:
"Warsman says:
"King Saturn says:
We've established that, sorry. We were discussing if the Witch-king could take on others like Superman, Hulk, etc. and so-forth."
Depends on what the etc. includes. Cause if you mean Thor with Odin Force or Silver Surfer or even Abraxas. You can forget it. "
Etc. as in beings *like* Supes/Hulk. Sentry, Darkseid, Thanos, cont."

Thanos and Darkseid could definetly win and so could Superman Prime or Sodom Yat

#19 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30135 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Warsman says:
"King Saturn says:
Depends on what the etc. includes. Cause if you mean Thor with Odin Force or Silver Surfer or even Abraxas. You can forget it. "

Etc. as in beings like Supes/Hulk. Sentry, Darkseid, Thanos, cont.

#20 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

I think your jumping borders/boundries now, cause the Nazgul was created for the LOTR universe and is very different to, say the Marvel universe, and that saying was only prophesizing that it wouldn't litterely be a man that could kill him, hence eowyn, who's a woman, could accomplish that goal, since she wasn't a man (obviously). It really was quitet that simple :-)