Looks Like Godzilla Stomp Both on Cap and Spidey

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are comic book Superhero movies getting played out? Seems likely.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Really... I mean there will possibly be a point where they are played out but it's not here yet. We have to see how far the Rabbit Hole goes with the Superman vs Batman film and Avengers 2 first before when can really say the Superhero Films are getting played out.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Maybe after JL 2

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe after JL 2

Probably this.

The Avengers spoiled me a bit too much.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Cap is damn near close to 700M(and he's been there for awhile) so I wouldn't say stomped but AMS2 is only at like 564M

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikethekiller

No there are still a lot of superhero movies I would like to see made.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Ironically enough, I enjoyed Winter Soldier and ASM2 much more than Godzilla.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Did Godzilla have a big opening weekend?

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xcalibur said:

Not even remotely. Godzilla has always been popular.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stomped how? Ratings and Box Office at the moment are lacking.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfff super hero movies are the only ones worth seeing anymore, almost all other movies now a days suxk ass

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, it's f--king Godzilla. He's Batman, Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, Micheal Jai White, Stallone and Snipe's all wrapped up in one giant Lizard.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyrees
@xcalibur said:

no, it won't. this movie is the first of its kind in this generation so it won't play out the older ones like cap and spidey who already have solid movie fanbases.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By iaconpoint

@xcalibur: So because one movie that could really be put into the same category as superhero movies (comic sci-fi, fantasy, nerdgasm) makes more money than a rebooted-too-soon franchise, you're willing to throw out the entire superhero genre? Really? Bit of an overreaction there. Let's see how X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy do first before we start sounding the death kneel. And don't forget to check Captain American's box office while you're at it. If anything, the success of Godzilla should point to more superhero movies.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, was the movie any good? Godzilla ofc

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16 frozen  Moderator

It made the largest opening day of year...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonsterStomp

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

It made the largest opening day of year...

Fair enough.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ostyo

That's because he's Godzilla! Ain't no sissies running around in tights gonna match the bada$$ness of the rubber suit King!

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

That's because he's Godzilla! Ain't no sissies running around in tights gonna match the bada$$ness of the rubber suit King!

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iaconpoint: Pay attention next time. This is Pop Culture stuff just because your favorite superhero can't beat a lizard means it should be excluded.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in all fairness people don't know what to expect opening night. Godzilla has a lot more fans than I thought. People cheered at some points, but it wasn't for me. I can't really say this without spoiling but many people had issues with transformers because they took a backseat to the humans...I really don't see how godzilla was any different. I liked the movie over all but not for reasons I thought I would, while cap had me loving it from start to end.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xcalibur: Hey moron, do a little research next time and maybe you can have an informed opinion. When last I looked, my favorite super hero is still king of the mountain. You should look him up since you know who it is. Second, I've seen Godzilla twice already so any blockbustering it's doing is certainly getting my help. Finally, geez man, try to write in complete sentences. I don't know if you're coming or going.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By DaseanComerWCR

Dude, it's f--king Godzilla. He's Batman, Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, Micheal Jai White, Stallone and Snipe's all wrapped up in one giant Lizard.

post of the day

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I read and heard is that Godzilla is still behind Cap 2, but I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed it. But I went to watch it last night and Cap 2>>>>>> Godzilla.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xcalibur said:

People living outside of the US aren't really going to go watch a film called Captain America, that's why both Cap films don't do well internationally than other super hero films. Godzilla has a large and I mean a large following in Asian Pacific nations.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Hey bro, hate to call you a lair, but Cap 1 did more business overseas than in the U.S. and Cap 2 almost doubled outside the U.S. what it did domestically. So people outside the U.S. WILL go see them, in droves.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I loved Godzilla more than Cap 2 (which is my favorite comic movie to date and loaded with awesome) and ASM2, but given that it's taken this long to have a good American Godzilla movie I am all for it. People see why he's the King.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RisingBean

I loved Godzilla more than Cap 2 (which is my favorite comic movie to date and loaded with awesome) and ASM2, but given that it's taken this long to have a good American Godzilla movie I am all for it. People see why he's the King.

The true king is tossing Zilla' outta the throne and reclaiming his seat.

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: LOL that is probably one of the silliest of the Showa Era movies.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RisingBean

@granitesoldier: I admit I have not seen it because I am lame to the big monster stuff*. But I wanted to cause a ruckus. So I looked up big G vs Kong and saw that. I laughed a bit and decided to humble all you monster movie fans. If I need to I'll go find pics of Grape Ape next. Haha.

*I'll give at least one of the ones on Netflix a shot.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kyrees

@risingbean: if you'd want to humble us with that, you should use this.

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I admit I have not seen it because I am lame to the big monster stuff*. But I wanted to cause a ruckus. So I looked up big G vs Kong and saw that. I laughed a bit and decided to humble all you monster movie fans. If I need to I'll go find pics of Grape Ape next. Haha.

*I'll give at least one of the ones on Netflix a shot.

If they have the original 1954 one, not the American one with Raymond Burr but the actual Japanese one, start there. It's great.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By Saren

@xcalibur: Hey moron, do a little research next time and maybe you can have an informed opinion. When last I looked, my favorite super hero is still king of the mountain. You should look him up since you know who it is. Second, I've seen Godzilla twice already so any blockbustering it's doing is certainly getting my help. Finally, geez man, try to write in complete sentences. I don't know if you're coming or going.

Let's meditate on the fact that you're busting a gasket out of some need to ensure a fictional character's honor is not tarnished. Perspective is important. Warning for insults and hostility.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xcalibur said:

With Marvel pumping out several movies a year...yea I'd say so. I wish they'd slow down a little. The inverse is true of DC. I hope the general public doesn't lost interest, if profitability tanks then I can kiss my dreams of a solo Flash film goodbye :/

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I think you may be my hero. That is hilarious.

@granitesoldier: I'll keep an eye out for it. Odds are I'll be stuck with one of the LSD induced ones though.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: "busting a gasket" yeah, yeah, yeah, did someone tattle? Did we ever figure out whose honour I'm suppose to be defending? Did we miss the part where I'm also defending Godzilla? Guess not.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@saren: "busting a gasket" yeah, yeah, yeah, did someone tattle? Did we ever figure out whose honour I'm suppose to be defending? Did we miss the part where I'm also defending Godzilla? Guess not.

I'm sorry, but is defending Godzilla supposed to mitigate insulting people? Don't do that.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: isn't that what this whole thread is about?

I realize late, that you were ranting and foaming at the mouth (I can read typed inflection as well as you) about me blowing a gasket over fictional characters on a site that exists almost solely for fictional characters. That seems in bad form bro or sis, whichever you may be.

By the way, since I have your total and undivided attention, my notifications still aren't working and the only way I can have these wonderful discussions is to constantly recheck my previous comments. Yes I've posted on the proper threads and so forth but to no avail. Maybe you could check into that for me? My memory isn't what it used to be and I may forget to check back on such a titillating conversation and miss my reprimand next time. Thanks so much.

Terry

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont think so. winter soldier's opening weekend was bigger then Godzilla's.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By dernman

@saren: Regret becoming a mod yet? Care to tell me why anyone would want to be one? :/ :p

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: IKR? This bunch man... smh brah, smh

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: isn't that what this whole thread is about?

I realize late, that you were ranting and foaming at the mouth (I can read typed inflection as well as you) about me blowing a gasket over fictional characters on a site that exists almost solely for fictional characters. That seems in bad form bro or sis, whichever you may be.

By the way, since I have your total and undivided attention, my notifications still aren't working and the only way I can have these wonderful discussions is to constantly recheck my previous comments. Yes I've posted on the proper threads and so forth but to no avail. Maybe you could check into that for me? My memory isn't what it used to be and I may forget to check back on such a titillating conversation and miss my reprimand next time. Thanks so much.

Terry

Insulting people? Not really.

Skipping over the white noise that forms most of that response, why exactly does it seem hard for the idea that you don't call people names on the forums to find some ground? Again, don't do that. You still have a warning for insults and hostility. Push it if you want, it only makes a difference to one of us.

I don't do the bug reporting stuff, you'll have to contact Rorie or mrpibb.

@dernman said:

@saren: Regret becoming a mod yet? Care to tell me why anyone would want to be one? :/ :p

It's ok.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: white noise huh? So you're THAT kinda mod. Power corrupts... gotcha down puddin'.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: white noise huh? So you're THAT kinda mod. Power corrupts... gotcha down puddin'.

Mmhmm.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I blame Marvel for flooding the market every year with their characters.