#1 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

stick a fork in wwe they are done

Source: PWInsider Elite

There was talk at Monday's RAW that Alberto Del Rio is making noise about leaving WWE once his contract expires.

Del Rio has been frustrated due to going from a top guy on the SmackDown brand to someone who is fed to Batista. There's a feeling among that with Del Rio already having talked about retirement, his age and the fact that he had success in Mexico, maybe it's time for him to leave and be happy rather than hang on.

There is no word yet if Del Rio has started working on a new contract but there is at least some concern over his future after the talk at RAW on Monday night.

#2 Edited by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

Good.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

Who? Is he the one that pretends he cant speak English?

#4 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Good.

adr was awesome but as usual vince mcmahon prefers big beefy cut men that were grown in a pharmacy . makes me wonder if those vinnie mac and hbk homosexual realtionship stories are true.............

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: He was athletic and good in ring, but that was it. He's boring on the mic. He has little to no memorable feuds. He was pushed to the moon. He's flopped between heel and face in months time. His one positive didn't outweigh his negatives to make me care about him.

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: so your mad that people like stereo typical fit wrestlers but being a stereo typical mexican doesn't bother you?

#8 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Good.

LOL.

What if he comes back as Dos Caros?

#9 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: so your mad that people like stereo typical fit wrestlers but being a stereo typical mexican doesn't bother you?

nope im just saying i hate how people trade sexual favors for a push in pro wrestling. pat patterson has a notorious history for such a thing where he would say you want this push you have to have sexual relations with him. also the bellas are known to have blown john laurenitis wich is why there so over

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: do you remember the wrestler veto? People do what they can to get to the top

#11 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: do you remember the wrestler veto? People do what they can to get to the top

dosent make it right. thats one of the reasons owen hart fell 90 feet to his death

it was well known he hated heights but if he wanted that intercontinental title spot he had to use the zip line from the rafters at over the edge 1999 and look where that got him

heck the worst of it was wwe was so cheap they used a zip line from a boat to wich stunt guys said they cant use it

video

#12 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not surprised at all. Another player who recognizes WWE has no loyalty to their tried and true roster.

#13 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I am not surprised at all. Another player who recognizes WWE has no loyalty to their tried and true roster.

I lunno. I feel ADR is one of those people who Owe the WWE more than the WWE owes it..............

#14 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

I lunno. I feel ADR is one of those people who Owe the WWE more than the WWE owes it..............

I gotta disagree with you there. He was far from being one of my favourites, but he earned his spot on the roster. To be completely fair, I do think him leaving WWE would be a good idea, but for his own sake.

#15 Edited by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad he is leaving.I am not watching WWE as much as before but sometimes when I'm bored I switch the channels and give it an eye and I gotta say Del Rio has always been boring and really off-putting for me.The way he fights on the ring,his charisma and the way he talks are things that I hate and I just cannot sympathize for him,ever.

#16 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: He was athletic and good in ring, but that was it. He's boring on the mic. He has little to no memorable feuds. He was pushed to the moon. He's flopped between heel and face in months time. His one positive didn't outweigh his negatives to make me care about him.

he was 1000 times better than mistico aka sin cara that botched every match he was in and who wwe didnt even re sign. the guy you see now in the costume is hunico and there is talk of nixing the sin-cara charachter all together.

#17 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

I gotta disagree with you there. He was far from being one of my favourites, but he earned his spot on the roster. To be completely fair, I do think him leaving WWE would be a good idea, but for his own sake.

He earned it? In the sense that he's probably the among the best Wrestlers in the Upper Card, then yeah. But they are many guys who have comparable In Ring skills (Kofi Kingston, Tyson Kidd), and some with more Charisma and Mic Skills to boot (Dolph Ziggler), who hasn't so much as sniffed the amount of Success he has had. The guy has honors to somewhat rival someone like CM Punk, who ADR is nowhere near in Terms of overall performance. 2 World Heavyweight Championships, RR winner, 2 WWE titles. And no Mid Card Titles. The only person I can even think of who has had anywhere near that type of push recently is Sheamus, and aside from being budies with Triple H, he can at least get decent pops, and while not as adept in the Ring as ADR, he works just as hard and fairly good Nonetheless.

And what is he going to do outside the WWE? MMA? (though to be fair, he's pretty good at that). WWE have no top Mexican Draw who they can consistently rely on. Rey is on his last legs, I doubt Sin Cara is going to be able to fill that role, and even if he does, he will need a heel to fued with. ADR has pretty much got a cusy job for the forseeable future as a export to Hispanics and thier love for Wrestling. Be it as a top draw guy, or more reasonably, in the midcard.

Honestly, he could have perfectly justified reasons for leaving, but I feel that if his reason for leaving is homologous to the same reason why Punk has "suppossedly" left (non favourable booking), then he isn't justified IMO. His overall value to the WWE universe (the fans) does match up with the success he has had.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Mistico was boring as hell, too. I'm not going to knock Del Rio's in-ring ability, but he was terrible at getting people invested in his matches.

#19 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Mistico was boring as hell, too. I'm not going to knock Del Rio's in-ring ability, but he was terrible at getting people invested in his matches.

a lot of guys are good in ring performers but terrible mic workers.

#20 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't talk about ADR like that you filthy Perro!!!

#21 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

WWE won't let ADR leave, he's their go to Mexican draw.

Source of this?

#22 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and just to make clear, I hate the fact that Botchtista has walked into a Wrestlemanina Main Event, Skinny Jeans and all.

#23 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Source of this?

PWInsider Elite

#24 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

Source of this?

PWInsider Elite

I'm a donkey's ass and didn't see that -.- Thanks mate.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

a lot of guys are good in ring performers but terrible mic workers.

You're just pointing out the obvious but seem to be completely missing the specific point I am making.

#26 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Oh and just to make clear, I hate the fact that Botchtista has walked into a Wrestlemanina Main Event, Skinny Jeans and all.

see for me im fine with batista being back for a 2 year full run unlike the rock but wile i agree him in the main event isnt my my ideal choice but beats the hell out of another cena main event and as much as im a daniel bryan fanboy i have to say it was ignorant as hell to basicly boo not just batista but rey mysterio as well at the ppv. what did they both do to deserve that kind of reaction?

#27 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

see for me im fine with batista being back for a 2 year full run unlike the rock but wile i agree him in the main event isnt my my ideal choice but beats the hell out of another cena main event and as much as im a daniel bryan fanboy i have to say it was ignorant as hell to basicly boo not just batista but rey mysterio as well at the ppv. what did they both do to deserve that kind of reaction?

Rey Didnt deserve that. As for Cena, he's fueded with pretty much every top guy in the company, more than he can't have good fueds and matches. His Fued with CM Punk and Daniel Byran was top draw. And Baptista flipped off the fans at RR after the match. That was a d!ck move, considering he's suppossed to be a face...

#28 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@tazzmission said:

@laflux said:

Rey Didnt deserve that. As for Cena, he's fueded with pretty much every top guy in the company, more than he can't have good fueds and matches. His Fued with CM Punk and Daniel Byran was top draw. And Baptista flipped off the fans at RR after the match. That was a d!ck move, considering he's suppossed to be a face...

im sorry but i cant blame batista just the same i can say for punk hitting a fan when being pushed in the crowd on the stair well. wrestling fans are nuts now a days because i remember seeing a video when some guy jumping the barracde and tried hitting hhh of all people. if your stupid enough to do that you deserve what you get

#29 Posted by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: I'll miss del Rio's Ronda Rousey-esque armbar (playing to his MMA background), but I agree. A venue like AAA might be a better showcase for his talents than WWE.

Is Batista supposed to be a face? All of his comments since his return have expressed nothing but self-interest. He's not participated in the bullsh** tag matches w/the other faces in any of the main events (and I am bloody tired of those being the main events in every bloody broadcast). Most optimistically, I'd label him a "tweener." He's poised to go either way depending upon how creative and audience reception lean. I must confess to burning out on televised wrestling. TNA is awful, and WWE programming is so formulaic and lackluster that it is small wonder that their new network is 24 hours of reliving past glory and idiotic reality shows instead of forging new legacies.

Could even the return of a fan favorite like Jericho or Punk save the WWE? ~shrugs~

#30 Edited by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio

@nothing2lose:

WWE programming is so formulaic and lackluster that it is small wonder that their new network is 24 hours of reliving past glory and idiotic reality shows instead of forging new legacies.

#31 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission:

Is Batista supposed to be a face? All of his comments since his return have expressed nothing but self-interest. He's not participated in the bullsh** tag matches w/the other faces in any of the main events (and I am bloody tired of those being the main events in every bloody broadcast). Most optimistically, I'd label him a "tweener." He's poised to go either way depending upon how creative and audience reception lean. I must confess to burning out on televised wrestling.

WWE sent out a press release about a month or so ago that they're eliminating "faces" and "heels" which is why we have an feuds like Shield vs Wyatts, as they're both technically heels.

#32 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission:

Is Batista supposed to be a face?

nope face and heels are nixed now since fans will cheer whoever they please.

#33 Posted by ririfa (9 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like him!

#34 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@nothing2lose said:

@tazzmission:

Is Batista supposed to be a face? All of his comments since his return have expressed nothing but self-interest. He's not participated in the bullsh** tag matches w/the other faces in any of the main events (and I am bloody tired of those being the main events in every bloody broadcast). Most optimistically, I'd label him a "tweener." He's poised to go either way depending upon how creative and audience reception lean. I must confess to burning out on televised wrestling.

WWE sent out a press release about a month or so ago that they're eliminating "faces" and "heels" which is why we have an feuds like Shield vs Wyatts, as they're both technically heels.

yea i think that was a great call by wwe honestly. instead of forcing something down peoples throats let the fans cheer or boo for whoever they live or dislike. also im syked for the wyatt vs shield match but me i think its way long past due.

#35 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, oh well. He's just a Mexican JBL Imo.

#36 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

You never appluaded for me......... :(

#37 Edited by God_Spawn (38292 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Speaking of jokes in poor taste, does Jerry Lawler have more stroke in the industry than Jeff Jarrett? (Yeah, yeah, that was a jerkstore thing to say, but c'mon, I'm sure all of his ex-wives were thinking it.)

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (8016 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched wrestling in years.....like since the rock was there all the time

#41 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Speaking of jokes in poor taste, does Jerry Lawler have more stroke in the industry than Jeff Jarrett? (Yeah, yeah, that was a jerkstore thing to say, but c'mon, I'm sure all of his ex-wives were thinking it.)

it was a heart attack not a stroke...........

#42 Edited by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

I wouldn't put ADR on par with Punk in terms of grievance with WWE but that still doesn't make his gripes (or supposed gripes) with how he's been treated any less significant. There shouldn't be this idea that hey -- you don't have the right to complain because so and so has more reason to do so. Just a simple point I was making. As for his career -- he can do whatever he likes in the Latin world, which is a huge market (not just the American Latin audience).

@god_spawn said:

@nothing2lose:

WWE programming is so formulaic and lackluster that it is small wonder that their new network is 24 hours of reliving past glory and idiotic reality shows instead of forging new legacies.

I think this is what it is. The network is going to be relying heavily on old matches and past wrestlers -- I would even go so far as to say it's what they are relying on to make it work if the promos are any indication. They want to steer the crowd in that direction and in their arrogance, underestimated just how upset wrestling fans would be by having wrestlers force-fed them. And as for the crowd booing -- damn straight they should. This is a product and each person PAID to see these matches. If WWE wants the crowds during their live televised shows to behave how they want them to, Vince best crack open his cheque-book and get to writing to pay them.

#44 Posted by MisterAnderson (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I agree with everything lykopis says all the time always. $5 Wrestling and Colt Cabana's various projects are looking much more appealing to me than anything on national television in the U.S. right now.

#45 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by MisterAnderson (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, OKAY??

#47 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

WWE is a joke now.

I'll stick to my 1980's-1990's WWF. Notice the damn 'F'.