• 130 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

apparently he didnt renew his tna contract and he was in talks with hhh and sent feelers over to wwe last year

The Wrestling Observer reports that WWE is having conversations with The Icon, who has yet to renew his deal with TNA. Sting has said a few times in the past that he has had multiple talks with WWE about working with the company, and has even admitted that he nearly took a deal on one or two occasions.

The dream match that many fans have imagined for more than a decade is The Undertaker vs. Sting, particularly at WrestleMania. With both men in the twilight of their careers, this could be one of the last chances for the match to take place.

#2 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrestling is fake.

#3 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrestling is fake.

so are porn stars tits but nobody complains

#4 Posted by AssertingValor (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh this woulda been a big deal when I was 12

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh this woulda been a big deal when I was 12

sure he dosent have to wrestle taker but it would be cool to see him at mania regardless

youd be suprised at what kind of payday certain guys get for just appearing

#6 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2478 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my dream matches, right up there with HBK vs Rock and Punk vs Stone Cold. It's prolly been about 3 years since I've followed pro-wrestling, but if Sting and Taker face off at Mania I would def have to watch that

#7 Posted by Rouflex (14096 posts) - - Show Bio

Sting in the Wwe? Would be a great thing but wouldnt that be against his convictions? He should have joined earlier if that's not the case imo. Anyway if sting comes in Wwe i would be watching that for sure.

#8 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

Sting in the Wwe? Would be a great thing but wouldnt that be against his convictions? He should have joined earlier if that's not the case imo. Anyway if sting comes in Wwe i would be watching that for sure.

he said on a wrestling podcast that he wants to do at least one mania and honestly i think it will happen because who would have thought bruno samartino would be inducted into the hall of fame last year ? if anyone could make things happen its hhh. hell even warrior just got announced to be inducted this year and there also bringing in hogan piper and austin

#9 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by God_Spawn (37127 posts) - - Show Bio

Not believing until it happens. This rumor always pops up around this time and has for the last few years.

Moderator
#11 Posted by AlKusanagi (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Sting like 70 now?

#12 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Not believing until it happens. This rumor always pops up around this time and has for the last few years.

7 months ago he gave this interview

this is true apparently and no this isnt me talking

#13 Posted by AssertingValor (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: do I get paid too? Lol. If they pay me enough I'll believe in wwe again

#14 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: do I get paid too? Lol. If they pay me enough I'll believe in wwe again

personally id prefer it if they signed aj styles since he left tna and went back to roh id also love it if they signed kevin steen as well but knowing vince mcmahons track record he would stick them on nxt

#15 Posted by AssertingValor (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: I wouldn't knw bro it's been like 15 yrs since I've followed this stuff lol

#16 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordmaverick said:

@tazzmission: I wouldn't knw bro it's been like 15 yrs since I've followed this stuff lol

meh wwe has had some decent moments after they ditched the whole ruthless aggression era. the biggest year they had imo was 2011 . the biggest issue is now they have 2 great stables and they already f*cked em up.

i would be the guy to take a job at wwe and write for them for free if they ever offered it because they dont have the great story arcs like they use to . i even read vince is now getting rid of the whole baby face/heel thing now

#17 Posted by russellmania77 (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

The Undertaker vs. Sting

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

They say this same thing every year.

#19 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

They say this same thing every year.

only difference is around last august wwe used footage of sting in one of there dvds to promote it and from what i understand steve borden aka sting owns his likeness and he has indeed sent people over to get a feel about wwe and he has had talks with hhh. for all we know it may not even be a match but maybe just a wrestlemania moment

#20 Edited by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

They say this same thing every year.

only difference is around last august wwe used footage of sting in one of there dvds to promote it and from what i understand steve borden aka sting owns his likeness and he has indeed sent people over to get a feel about wwe and he has had talks with hhh. for all we know it may not even be a match but maybe just a wrestlemania moment

Sting has a one year contract with TNA that expires around this time every year, and every year they try to get Sting to sign. He usually never does.

To be honest, and I don't mean to sound negative, I wouldn't even care if Sting didn't sign. They always talk about him facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Both him and Undie are old, not really old, but too old to be wrestling. They would just be hobbling around the ring.

#21 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@cattlebattle said:

They say this same thing every year.

only difference is around last august wwe used footage of sting in one of there dvds to promote it and from what i understand steve borden aka sting owns his likeness and he has indeed sent people over to get a feel about wwe and he has had talks with hhh. for all we know it may not even be a match but maybe just a wrestlemania moment

Sting has a one year contract with TNA that expires around this time every year, and every year they try to get Sting to sign. He usually never does.

To be honest, and I don't mean to sound negative, I wouldn't even care if Sting didn't sign. They always talk about him facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Both him and Undie are old, not really old, but too old to be wrestling. They would just be hobbling around the ring.

honestly id pay to see sting vs dean ambrose or sting vs punk. i love the undertaker but he really needs to retire and i feel someone like a dolph ziggler or antonio cesaro should end that streak and send him into retirement. if and only if sting does sign i dont see him doing a full wwe run but i could see him on a 50 date contract that is similar to rock and brock

#22 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2478 posts) - - Show Bio

If Sting signs with wwe and I mean IF, I always wondered if Taker would drop his Mania streak to Sting. I mean, I personally think Taker wants to retire undefeated at Wrestlemania....but if he were to drop it, couldn't be a better wrestler to drop it to othan Stinger

#23 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117 said:

If Sting signs with wwe and I mean IF, I always wondered if Taker would drop his Mania streak to Sting. I mean, I personally think Taker wants to retire undefeated at Wrestlemania....but if he were to drop it, couldn't be a better wrestler to drop it to othan Stinger

if it was 10 years ago id be game for it. taker is in bad health wich is why he does so little shows now as is. sting would be perfect for the newer talent that way hes helping them build on there craft as a wrestler. i feel the same with jake roberts . i think wwe should hire him for a place like nxt because jake is probably the best ring psychologist in pro wrestling.

#24 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2478 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: While I agree that a Taker/Stinger match should have happened a decade ago....I don't care if they're 90, as a O.G. wrestling fan that's seen it all thru the years, I need to check off Undertaker vs Sting on my list!

#25 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrestling is fake.

Wrestling is a very real sport. Oh, did you mean the WWE?

#26 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@cheesesticks said:

Wrestling is fake.

Wrestling is a very real sport. Oh, did you mean the WWE?

What do you think troll? This is a thread about WWE.

#27 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrestling is fake.

How am I trolling? This is exactly what you said. Coming into a thread which is talking about a possible contract signing and saying "wrestling is fake". Sorry to say, but you're the troll here. Also, thanks for the news, Captain Obvious.

#28 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@cheesesticks said:

Wrestling is fake.

How am I trolling? This is exactly what you said. Coming into a thread which is talking about a possible contract signing and saying "wrestling is fake". Sorry to say, but you're the troll here. Also, thanks for the news, Captain Obvious.

Well, i wasn't the one bringing an olympic sport into a WWE thread.

#29 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@cheesesticks said:

Wrestling is fake.

How am I trolling? This is exactly what you said. Coming into a thread which is talking about a possible contract signing and saying "wrestling is fake". Sorry to say, but you're the troll here. Also, thanks for the news, Captain Obvious.

Well, i wasn't the one bringing an olympic sport into a WWE thread.

Yes, you did. You were the first to bring up wrestling.

#30 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8690 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by EpicTayMan (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL TAZZ just lol your 2nd comment :D

#32 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Yes, you did. You were the first to bring up wrestling.

*facepalm*

What if i told you that WWE is also considered wrestling? Wrestling isn't just the olympic sport.

Why would i say that an olympic sport is fake? Common now. It's easy to see that i was talking about WWE wrestling.

#33 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL TAZZ just lol your 2nd comment :D

hey just saying . hell just go to silicone valley in cali talk about a bunch of fakes out there

#34 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117 said:

@tazzmission: While I agree that a Taker/Stinger match should have happened a decade ago....I don't care if they're 90, as a O.G. wrestling fan that's seen it all thru the years, I need to check off Undertaker vs Sting on my list!

you should care. taker has a lot of health issues going on.

#35 Edited by EpicTayMan (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: So what if wrestling. Is fake its called Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment keywords Wrestling Entertainment

#36 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

@awesam said:

Yes, you did. You were the first to bring up wrestling.

*facepalm*

What if i told you that WWE is also considered wrestling? Wrestling isn't just the olympic sport.

Why would i say that an olympic sport is fake? Common now. It's easy to see that i was talking about WWE wrestling.

you might want to watch some actual behind the scenes documentaries before you call it fake. sure the matches are pre determined but they do use real steal chairs plus the bumps. id like to see you be thrown on your back for 365 days a year with no off season and i guarantee you the shit hurts because even in martial arts they teach you how to fall . youd be suprised at how much shit pay wrestling has because a janitor makes more than them. they have no benefits package or insurance.

#37 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4595 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumor has been flowing around for a while he was leaving. Yesterday's TNA's Genesis, Magnus told Sting their next match against each other will be Title Vs Career which can easily explain Sting leaving TNA "if' he loses the match. Sting can even show up at the next PPV, Elimination Chamber or at Raw a month before Wrestlemania xXx.

But, whatever.

Wrestling is fake.

You are in a comic book website.

(+)

#38 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4595 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: With all the steroids they take, i wouldn't mind doing that. If you add the salary, it's a plus.

@yung_ancient_one: Yes i am on a comic book website. What's your point? Reading about characters who doesn't exist is clearly the same thing as watching people on steroid fake-fighting themselves. LOL

And what's with the porn star comparison? There's a lot of them without fake b*obs.

#41 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: With all the steroids they take, i wouldn't mind doing that. If you add the salary, it's a plus.

it isnt just roids. maybe if you watch the videos i posted you would learn a thing or two.

#42 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

@tazzmission: With all the steroids they take, i wouldn't mind doing that. If you add the salary, it's a plus.

it isnt just roids. maybe if you watch the videos i posted you would learn a thing or two.

Yup, i know it's not just steroids. There's drug too. Just ask Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed himself and his family.

#43 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@cheesesticks said:

@tazzmission: With all the steroids they take, i wouldn't mind doing that. If you add the salary, it's a plus.

it isnt just roids. maybe if you watch the videos i posted you would learn a thing or two.

Yup, i know it's not just steroids. There's drug too. Just ask Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed himself and his family.

you do know there was more to that right? the guy had a insane amount of undiagnosed concussions. now lets be real here. sure what he did was horrific and none of us condone it but the whole roid rage thing is just a theory because how many other people on roids did what he did? you have mlb nba and nfl guys who use the same stuff and yet they didnt do a horrific crime. its a proven fact the front of the brain controls behaviour so imagine doing a flying headbutt for 20 years plus multiple chair shots to the head. why do you think wwe banned those moves plus the pile driver?

#44 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4595 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks:

Not all the wrestlers use steroids. There are plenty of "small" guys who are great athletes, performers, and wrestlers who struggle in the business because casual folk like you think Pro-Wrestlers should be roided out.

Plus, your post was, "wrestling is fake" as if that is a bad thing when you clearly enjoy "fake" $#!%. I never posted that Reading "fake" $!%^ is exactly like watching people perform a match where they are "fake fighting."

However, have you watched any Super Hero movies? If you have, then you have also watched "fake fighting" for entertainment.

Lastly, the "steroids" comment doesn't really carry much weight with me because I prefer to watch "small" guys than "roided" out guys. The "small" guys usually put on a better show than the "roided" guys who just look Big and aren't that strong.

Professional wrestling is as much as a sport as Nascar racing, Ice Skating, Skateboarding, Valle and others. People say it isn't a sport because, they aren't really trying to kill each other and it's "fake."

However, they choose to overlook the athleticism involved in performing a match. Valle dancers are athletes even though they are not trying to kill each other. Skater's are athletes even though they are not trying to kill each other.

But, Skaters compete with each other. Ok? Who say's wrestlers don't? They are competing on who put on a better match, who sold the most merchandize, who got the biggest crowd reaction.

You don't like wrestling that's fine but believe me most if not all wrestling fans know that the matches are staged. We don't need someone reminding us because someone has a superiority complex and has a need to "inform" the wrestling fans that everything is staged.

Also, there is "real" wrestling and it is horrible. You can go search online for it. People wrestle for "reals", killing each other for a crowd of sick individuals that want to act like Roman's, and watch people seriously hurt themselves for sport.

I prefer to watch staged matches that go on for an hour that keeps me entertained, than to watch people actually get hurt for sport, or watch good matches that only last 5 minutes or boring real matches.

Now, please don't reply if you didn't read my entire post. I dislike having to repeat myself.

Now have a nice day or night.

I'm probably logging of in a bit.

Either way,

(+)

#45 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Your text is too long. I have other things to do, sorry.

I stopped when i saw ''Professional wrestling is as much as a sport as Nascar racing, etc''. It was making me laugh too much.

#46 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Your text is too long. I have other things to do, sorry.

like what exactly? cant own up to your comment because us wrassling nerds are basicly schooling you on the facts?

#47 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4595 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks:

I know 5 minutes to read definitely is too much time for someone who's busy. Laziness to read isn't a factor at all.

#48 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@cheesesticks:

I know 5 minutes to read definitely is too much time for someone who's busy. Laziness to read isn't a factor at all.

he probably traded in his superman boxers for his mothers panties

#49 Posted by HumanRocket (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

My time with wrestling ended with the deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. Wrestling went down after there deaths.

#50 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@cheesesticks said:

@yung_ancient_one: Your text is too long. I have other things to do, sorry.

like what exactly? cant own up to your comment because us wrassling nerds are basicly schooling you on the facts?

Like doing my homework because i'm at University?

@tazzmission said:

he probably traded in his superman boxers for his mothers panties

I hate superman and my mother died when i was 5.