Lo Pan Style

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

In honor of the recently announced Big Trouble in Little China comic that BOOM! will be releasing, I present to you Lo Pan Style:

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chaos Prime

Epic :)

我贊成
我贊成

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is this movie so trendy?? It's over 30 years old and did pretty poorly upon it's release and became a cult film on VHS because of how absurd it was.

Just sayin' John Carpenter could have probably used this exposure back in the day.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime: How dare you use my catch phrase lol

No Caption Provided

U know someones stolen ur I.D too? Do a callout to urself & see wot happens :)

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactived-1352151
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is this movie so trendy?? It's over 30 years old and did pretty poorly upon it's release and became a cult film on VHS because of how absurd it was.

Just sayin' John Carpenter could have probably used this exposure back in the day.

I might have seen Big Trouble in Little China over a 100 times when I was kid. Had it memorized. Super nerdy.

It's always had a good following though, despite the film doing poorly. VHS and word of mouth gave it a huge boost, and now it's on Netflix, and I've already watched it twice.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I might have seen Big Trouble in Little China over a 100 times when I was kid. Had it memorized. Super nerdy.

It's always had a good following though, despite the film doing poorly. VHS and word of mouth gave it a huge boost, and now it's on Netflix, and I've already watched it twice.

Lots of amazing films had poor releases The Thing, Shawshank Redemption and Blade Runner

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@starbrander said:

@cattlebattle said:

Lots of amazing films had poor releases The Thing, Shawshank Redemption and Blade Runner

Fight Club did poorly at the box office gained cult status upon video release.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@starbrander said:

@cattlebattle said:

Fight Club did poorly at the box office gained cult status upon video release.

Yea and it's quite often thought off as the film of that generation

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

@starbrander said:

Yeah, I remember it was always like a channel 11 afternoon matinee movie before the advent of cable. The a movie you would find at the flea market for like 3 bucks. It was like on one of those spoof martial arts films that kind of parodied the way Hollywood was obsessed with americanizing martial arts films in the 80s...not to dissimilar from Berry Gordys Last Dragon

I just find it weird that I have never heard of anyone really ever mention this film, then, when it gets a comic, everyone's a big fan.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: Bring the Thunder and the Lighting, and then I make it Rain! MAKE IT RAIN!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrander said:

Yeah, I remember it was always like a channel 11 afternoon matinee movie before the advent of cable. The a movie you would find at the flea market for like 3 bucks. It was like on one of those spoof martial arts films that kind of parodied the way Hollywood was obsessed with americanizing martial arts films in the 80s...not to dissimilar from Berry Gordys Last Dragon

I just find it weird that I have never heard of anyone really ever mention this film, then, when it gets a comic, everyone's a big fan.

loads of pepole are a fan of BTiLC it's just there was no reason to talk about it on here until it was a comic

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers