• 117 results
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nick_hero22

What are you most excited about in this new installment?

Do you think that Mortal Kombat X will be a continuation of the events in the most recent game?

What characters are you most excited to see and play?

What improvements do you think that Netherrealm Studios could make to the game that would make it exceptional?

What are some issues from previous Mortal Kombat games that you think need to be resolved?

My Opinion

1) I'm most excited about this much more grittier and dark atmosphere compared to previous games to be honest. The graphics are also visually impressive with some of the best character models I have seen if this is indeed in-game footage.

2) This is debatable to me because I we saw in the teaser that Scorpion is fighting a human Sub-Zero who shouldn't be alive if we are in keeping with the continuity of the most recent game. I personally would love a complete reboot starting all the way at Pre- Mortal Kombat Tournament 1 with a new rendition of the lore and more detailed biographical information about the characters in the game.

3) I would like for them to give us more background information about the characters and to really give them interesting personalities and motives. I would also like a more complex and dynamic story with a lot of twist and turns that allow the gamers to speculate over the different interpretations that one could form after playing the storymode. I want a really deep story kinda like The Last of Us or Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

4) I think a major issue with the most previous game was that they gave us a pretty bland story with flat one dimensional characters that lacked genuine personality.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OverLordArhas

In B4 TEAM SCORPION

Sub Zero losing is BS!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, because we already have multiple threads dedicated to it.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nick_hero22

@jaken7 said:

No, because we already have multiple threads dedicated to it.

Are they actually addressing the questions in the OP?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@nick_hero22: Probably not all of your questions, but that's not a good enough reason to create an entirely new thread. You can pose those questions in the other threads.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

What if I don't want to?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick_hero22

@jaken7 said:

@nick_hero22: Probably not all of your questions, but that's not a good enough reason to create an entirely new thread. You can pose those questions in the other threads.

This is a discussion thread, and not a hype or reveal thread. I want to discuss theories and speculations in this particular thread which is why I made the thread and included the questions I did in the OP. My thread services a different purpose from the others.

@joygirl said:

What if I don't want to?

Well, if you don't want a fun and engaging conversation that's your lost :P

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The "WHO'S NEXT" implies Scorpion is going to kill another Kombatant.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Noob Saibot perhaps? I dunno. I just want the damn sorceror to get what's coming to him. In regards to your question, I think it's too early to judge if the game will be centered around Scorpion or not. I'd love it, but I know a large section of the MK fanbase wouldn't.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Noob Saibot perhaps? I dunno. I just want the damn sorceror to get what's coming to him. In regards to your question, I think it's too early to judge if the game will be centered around Scorpion or not. I'd love it, but I know a large section of the MK fanbase wouldn't.

I would personally love it since Scorpion isn't necessarily a good guy nor a bad guy, so I believe that would be an interesting dynamic to the story and make it kinda unpredictable since Scorpion has no allegiance to any particular side and I'm getting tried of seeing the typical characters being the center of the story (Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and etc.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I'd love to see that as well. As a Scorpion fanboy that'd be amazing.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nightwolf gets brought back to life somehow and I'll be happy. Also bring in more female characters for this one.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bring back Liu Kang & Raiden. Also i think they should have Shao Khan as one of the big bosses.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

Nightwolf gets brought back to life somehow and I'll be happy. Also bring in more female characters for this one.

The Pervert Force is strong in this one.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_Buck

Noob would wreck Scorpion. But DIF (Developer Induced Favouritism) suggests Scorpion wins.

*sobs quietly in a corner*

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Super_Buck

MK9 was a failure, story wise. Reboot the story again and make it proper. None of this cyborg Sub Zero. None of this Kung Lao dying. Kenshi needs a bigger role. Like who the f*ck is Stryker and Kable? Wtf was Ed thinking? Just fix it!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@OverLordArhas: No, I just want more balance on the roster.

I have seen your heart and you cannot deny your genes. OBEY YOUR GENES!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas: Actually I was hoping they would tone down the girl's outfits this time. Especially Mileena.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@OverLordArhas: Actually I was hoping they would tone down the girl's outfits this time. Especially Mileena.

Nah! There should be a NUDITY! Finishing move. ;p

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ostyo
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo:

One thing for sure, I will pay for it.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo:

The Nudity DLC exclusive finishing move.

Or if ported to PC, a Nudity Mod.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas: Okay h Arh, what will we do with your perverted ass lol.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nothing specific really, I am excited for a new game from my favorite fighter series that I have grown up with. I haven't really done any research on the game yet so I don't know any details other then what I saw in this trailer.

Do you think that Mortal Kombat X will be a continuation of the events in the most recent game?

Not sure really, I would assume so since the previous game was a reboot, it wouldn't make much sense to just throw that in the bin after one game. The trailer isn't very specific about any of this, there could be several reasons why Sub-Zero is back, or maybe it's just general footage that has no bearing on the real story, a display of the graphics or some such.

Definetly Sheeva, she was my main in MK9 despite her low tier, I worry that they won't bring her for the next installment due to her being one of the least played characters, but hopefully they keep her in. Baraka is probably my secondary character, I have no doubts that he will be in though since he is a bit more trademark. I would also love to see Shinnok in game, and considering the ending of MK9 I suspect that might be possible. Other characters I would love to see that wasn't in the previous games would be Nitara, Motaro and Frost.

What improvements do you think that Netherrealm Studios could make to the game that would make it exceptional?

Better support. MK9 had really bad servers with severe lag that never really got resolved (atleast not for the year or two I played the game regularly), It also had some bad character balance with characters like Sheeva for an example being to slow to ever make it into competative play, while she was fine on casual skill levels - once you got to a certain point you hit a brick wall hard, while other characters such as Kung Lao consistently stayed ahead of everyone else. Mortal Kombat is a very popular game in competative circles and watching real cash reward tournaments is one thing that kept alot of people interested in the game, so more regular balance changes or tweaks I believe would help the longevity of the game which in turn would help Netherrealm Studios earn more $$$.

Other then that I think they should try and stick to the basics alot like they did with MK9, all we need is a campaign, arcade, some unlockables and vs, the team vs was amazing as well for those of us that like to play -with- friends sometimes and not just against so they should definetly do that again, that is one thing I got dissapointed in with Injustice, since skill levels among friends can vary alot - playing with a friend in real life can often end in one person just dominating the other over and over which makes them not want to play after a while, then the game becomes less fun for the dominator as well. They should also try and avoid adding any new mechanisms to the actual vs modes since that tend to be counter productive, things such as weapons which some previous installments had or the clash mode in Injustice look cool at first but tends to end up as an annoyance in the long run.

Oh and enough with the cyborgs already! They are not fun, they all look the same except for different colors. I am fine with Cyrax and the red one who's name I forgot, but I can not understand why they had to give Sub-zero that treatment, isn't two robots enough? They just started making the ninja's look a little more diverse, they should keep the characters unique. If they wanted TWO ice characters why didn't they just add Frost rather then two different Sub-Zero's?

What are some issues from previous Mortal Kombat games that you think need to be resolved?

See above. ^

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

First I will say I love rap and I'm even a fan of Wiz but it is a horrible choice for a Mortal Kombat game, it just doesn't fit and it's really distracting. MK isn't about rap, MK is about this:

Loading Video...

But I really want to see in MK X is an reeeealy in depth tutorial system . Many people don't really know how to play fighting games properly and will usually mash buttons and spam fireballs and that's about it. Without knowing how to technically play the game a casual fan will finish the story play for a few months and then won't go back but if they game can show them how it all really works then you can get really good really quickly and have a hell of a time playing online. It's not all about what comboc do what but also about the hitboxes, character placement and when's the right time to attack. The best tutorial I have ever seen in a fighting game is in the new Killer Instinct. MK needs something like that.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34  Edited By GraniteSoldier

The continuity seems extra jumbled now after last game. MK doesn't have a whole lot of canon behind it but there are some things that we know are canon like Liu Kang winning the tournament and stopping the Outworld invasion, Bi Han killing Scorpion, Scorpion killing Bi Han, etc. But after Armageddon and the timeline reset things have gotten a bit muddled.

Last MK Radeon f*cakes over Kuai Liang leading to him getting cyber-ized. But in the trailer he isn't a cyborg! I think MK needs a ground zero reset I think.

Oh and Sub-Zero isn't dead. The trailer is obviously gameplay, Netherrealm isn't going to end the Sub-Zero Scorpion rivalry in a teaser trailer. Besides, Kuai > Hanzo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Noob would wreck Scorpion. But DIF (Developer Induced Favouritism) suggests Scorpion wins.

I meant that Noob would finally explain to Scorpion that he didn't kill his family.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want them to make Kintaro into a badass again. He started out great but then his design devolved into an overgrown gypsy kitty cat that had its face painted at a carnival.

How do they go from this:

No Caption Provided

To this:

No Caption Provided

To this godawful ridiculous design:

No Caption Provided

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nick_hero22

@super_buck said:

MK9 was a failure, story wise. Reboot the story again and make it proper. None of this cyborg Sub Zero. None of this Kung Lao dying. Kenshi needs a bigger role. Like who the f*ck is Stryker and Kable? Wtf was Ed thinking? Just fix it!

I don't think Mortal Kombat 9 was a failure story wise in the genre that it is in, but the story was mediocre in general to be honest.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as it comes out on wii u i'm fine.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am curious as to the new characters who will be challenging in the Mortal Kombat X game and how they relate to other known characters of the MK Universe.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_buck said:

I meant that Noob would finally explain to Scorpion that he didn't kill his family.

Like Scorpion will ever hear anyone out. I want Bi-Han to kill Quan Chi for lying to Scorpion. That would be a start in character development, maybe even a new alliance between two foes. But it sucks that Kuai Liang is a dead Cyborg now. It needs another reboot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Scorpion will ever hear anyone out. I want Bi-Han to kill Quan Chi for lying to Scorpion. That would be a start in character development, maybe even a new alliance between two foes. But it sucks that Kuai Liang is a dead Cyborg now. It needs another reboot.

There has to be a catalyst that lets Scorpion believe Noob. Or maybe Quan will find no use of Hanzo anymore and try to kill him, only for the latter to live and seek help from either Bi-Han or Kuai Lang.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and Sub-Zero isn't dead. The trailer is obviously gameplay, Netherrealm isn't going to end the Sub-Zero Scorpion rivalry in a teaser trailer. Besides, Kuai > Hanzo.

Doesn't really mean Sub Zero isn't dead. Trailers aren't canon. Kuai is a dead Cyborg. Bi-Han is now Noob Saibot. Unless this is another reboot (which I hope to god it is), this is just a well made badass trailer.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

My Opinion

1) I'm most excited about this much more grittier and dark atmosphere compared to previous games to be honest. The graphics are also visually impressive with some of the best character models I have seen if this is indeed in-game footage.

2) This is debatable to me because I we saw in the teaser that Scorpion is fighting a human Sub-Zero who shouldn't be alive if we are in keeping with the continuity of the most recent game. I personally would love a complete reboot starting all the way at Pre- Mortal Kombat Tournament 1 with a new rendition of the lore and more detailed biographical information about the characters in the game.

3) I would like for them to give us more background information about the characters and to really give them interesting personalities and motives. I would also like a more complex and dynamic story with a lot of twist and turns that allow the gamers to speculate over the different interpretations that one could form after playing the storymode. I want a really deep story kinda like The Last of Us or Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

4) I think a major issue with the most previous game was that they gave us a pretty bland story with flat one dimensional characters that lacked genuine personality.

Alright.

1. Story. And the costumes

2. Hopefully. I'd like to see how everything played out after MK9 since almost everybody is dead.

3. Scorpion, Liu Kang, Jade, Subzero, Noob

4. Well with next gen graphics I'm hoping for a more fluid gameplay and a 3d world to fight upon. I still like the original style of MK games though. Oh and more environmental hazards.

5. Fatalities, and not bringing in Brutalities in MK9. Hoping for more easier combos to preform fatalities.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Super_Buck

@super_buck said:

There has to be a catalyst that lets Scorpion believe Noob. Or maybe Quan will find no use of Hanzo anymore and try to kill him, only for the latter to live and seek help from either Bi-Han or Kuai Lang.

Never really saw why Quan Chi turned Scorpion into an undead spectre anyway. Just for loll's. By the way, has Bi-Han ever given Scorpion a reason not to trust him? Sure he got a little competitive and gave a few meaningless words but that's it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really saw why Quan Chi turned Scorpion into an undead spectre anyway. Just for loll's. By the way, has Bi-Han ever given Scorpion a reason not to trust him? Sure he got a little competitive and gave a few meaningless words but that's it.

Yeah me neither. But since the ending to MK9 hinted that Quan Chi would be on a path to more power, I could see him not having use of Scorpion anymore. As for Bi-Han, I think Hanzo thinking the former killed his family is enough for him to pretty much ignore everything he says.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make Goro playable and I'll be happy.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas said:

In B4 TEAM SCORPION

Sub Zero losing is BS!

It's really not, Scorpion beating SZ and SZ beating scorpion isn't something new, it happens all the time.

No use complaining about it.

Except Sub Zero never beats Scorpion in the trailers or is ever depicted as being on par with Scorpion. Its like Snake Eyes always beating Storm Shadow.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people are saying they don't like the music, but after a couple a listens, it sounds really good.