#1 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

You're sitting in your school library late at night on the 7th floor. The library is empty of everyone except a lone security guard and another student studying on the same floor. What are you studying? I don't know. You're so mentally exhausted... you don't even know what you're studying.

You're sitting at a table surrounded by books in a private little study room. The other student knocks on the door leading into your private study room. BONK BONK BONK. You go to the student, annoyance in your eyes, open the door "hey what's up?" "Hey, do you happen to have change for a 5? I need more coffee" "Sure"

You walk back to your backpack to get the money. The student invites theirself in and closes the door... "You can't have my organs...I know that's what you want"

You look back at the student and go "wait what?"

"I know you won't let me leave this library alive. I know you want my organs, my heart, so you can sacrifice it to the giant eye in the sky...You CAN'T have it."

".....0_O'...." You stare in shock.

"I will die before I let you bring him into this world!" the student says, spittle flying from their mouth. Eyes set with a rage that's almost primal. You see no humanity in their eyes. At the same time, you notice they're twitching a bit.

Fear starts to drip into your heart....you realize that you've just been cornered by someone who's batshit insane. You quickly flit through the possibilities....drugs? bath salts? mental illness? stress from Finals? In the span of half a second, you come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter the cause. You are in danger.

The student stalks towards you and as you back up around the table--the door bursts open. 6'5 250 pound alpha male security guard, after having noticed some sort of disturbance, bursts in. "Is there something going on in here?" he inquires.

The other student 5'9 roughly 130 pounds turns to him and growls. The security guard grabs and tries to restrain the student, but finds himself being slammed around like a ragdoll. The students strength is shocking, its insane, its almost superhuman. The security guard is choked in front of the door, arms scrabbling to break the grip of the student, and then slammed down on his head. Knocked. out. cold.

You shit a brick. Many. Enough to build a house? Having been shocked frozen by what you just saw. You come to the conclusion that somehow this student has abnormal strength.

The student turns back around to you. You take a quick survey of items around the room and on the table: several books, your laptop, your backpack, a half full bottle of water, your umbrella. No pens or pencils, nothing sharp. The student starts to stalk over to you, cussing you out "I will not let Cthullu destroy this world bitch!"

How do you proceed? What's your plan of action? How do you survive....how do you triumph?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching this video of a mentally insane woman surviving getting hit by a car, getting up and nearly overpowering police(took about 6 to restrain her), surviving jumping off a bridge(in the third part of the video), http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xFS8p198Plo (9:20) and there's these stories of it taking 6-8 cops to restrain people on Bath Salts http://reason.com/blog/2012/06/05/how-many-men-does-it-take-to-overcome-th

I found myself asking myself this: How the fuck would I survive a fight against someone with bath salts/mentally crazy level of strength? They also have superhuman rage and focus. Give me some ideas comicvine of how you would survive, using the scenario I outlined above. What would your mental process be like? Would you grab something; what? Would you hide across the table? Throw stuff at the person? Take them down barehanded?

Where would you aim? What if they don't acknowledge pain?

I purposely left the gender ambiguous, plan for male or female.

#2 Edited by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

...mkay?

#3 Posted by joewell (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick up the umbrella and attempt to hold him off, if i can i'll try to gtfo the room and if i have time grab the weapons from the guard. I then run and call the police

#4 Edited by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably try to shoot for a take down and mount him.

#5 Posted by Dabee (2386 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of school has a library on the 7th floor?

Anyway, I would just have Cthulhu help me out. Or at least I'll tell him he was too late and I already had him summoned. Something like "I'll send him after your family unless you leave!" I don't know.

But a 7th floor school library...?

#6 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio
@dabee said:

What kind of school has a library on the 7th floor?

Anyway, I would just have Cthulhu help me out. Or at least I'll tell him he was too late and I already had him summoned. Something like "I'll send him after your family unless you leave!" I don't know.

But a 7th floor school library...?

My school has the Stacks on the 7th floor of the library. The library has its own building, up to 9? floors. I think most college/university level schools are like this(I assume).

@mikethekiller said:

Mikethekiller immediately shoots for a takedown and slams the student to the ground with a loud THUD. After quickly mounting, you land a couple solid shots to the students...head. The student hisses and lands a single blow across your face, rolling you off them and into a bookcase 5 feet away.

Half out of it, you realize that you can't trade shots with the student.

Verdict: Still Alive, Currently Dazed and Injured

@joewell said:

I pick up the umbrella and attempt to hold him off, if i can i'll try to gtfo the room and if i have time grab the weapons from the guard. I then run and call the police

Joewell picks up the umbrella and wields it in front of him like King Leonidas from 300. "TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL", he screams at the deranged student.... Just kidding.

Updated information: The guard has no weapons, only a walkie talkie.

You inexplicably find that the crazy student has toppled several bookcases blocking the exit and the elevator. Somehow the security guard did not notice this lol. You find yourself trapped on that floor of the library with your pursuer. What do you do next?

Verdict: Still Alive

@russellmania77 said:

...mkay?

Okay. Russellmania77 lets out a confused, "mkay?" right before being mauled viciously by the deranged student. When an innocent student abruptly stumbles onto the scene the next morning, the only thing that's seen are bloodspattered comic books. The rest is a mess of shreds of skin and bones pooled in blood.

Verdict: Dead

#7 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Run away?

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I have prep? If Batman can have prep, I'd like to have prep too.

#9 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I get superpowers? Zack Fair got superpowers. If he got them, may I have them? Pretty please?

#10 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep. I outlined the situation.

The last son of Czarnia, cornered, tries to run past the student towards the door. The student grabs him by the legs and pulls him onto the ground. Three hits. Bop Bop Bop. The last son is knocked out. The student proceeds to take their clothes off and starts eating the last son of czarnia's face.

There's a reason he's the last son...

#11 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Gruesome.

#12 Edited by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:
@mikethekiller said:

Mikethekiller immediately shoots for a takedown and slams the student to the ground with a loud THUD. After quickly mounting, you land a couple solid shots to the students...head. The student hisses and lands a single blow across your face, rolling you off them and into a bookcase 5 feet away.

Am I fighting a super soldier? This person would have to be insanely strong to land a staggering blow from off their back while fully mounted.

#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're fighting the supernatural, dude.

#14 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

B*tch please, I out-crazy him with a frantic story about how we must join forces. I'm ten times wierder than any tweeker. Do you know who I am? I don't even get out of bed for less than this.

#15 Posted by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:
@mikethekiller said:

Am I fighting a super soldier? This person would have to be insanely strong to land a staggering blow from off their back while fully mounted.

This person is insanely strong.

Also, they basically don't feel pain. Here's an example of someone on with insane strength overpowering police http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjcIIzdlqg

....ignore the karate skills, as they don't apply to this situation.

#16 Posted by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

B*tch please, I out-crazy him with a frantic story about how we must join forces. I'm ten times wierder than any tweeker. Do you know who I am? I don't even get out of bed for less than this.

"B*tch please, I out-crazy him with a frantic story about how we must join forces. I'm ten times wierder than any tweeker. Do you know who I am? I don't even get out of bed for less than this," Knightrise exclaims to the student. For a brief moment, the student pauses. They hesitate.

A glimmer of hope passes through Knightrise's eyes....

only to shift to fear and then agony as the student abruptly lunges grabbing him firmly by the jaw and the testicles.

Knightrise is lifted in the air, a strangled cry stiffled.

The life fades from Knightrise's eyes.

#17 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

My mind will be filled with years of my martial arts background (Kyokushin, Kali and Krav)... And I start with basic front kicks and jabs to keep him at bay. Then I'll realize this is not like any fight I've been in and my opponent does not feel pain. I won't be able to move cause I'll be so shocked. He comes at me. I squeel like a scared little piggy. I pee my pants. I soil my undies. I cry on floor. Only to realize it's goddamn joke by the opponent and he's not really crazy. The reason he's so strong is because he used PEDs. People who have watched the prank suddenly comes out of hiding. They laugh at me. They tease me. I cry more. I go home and plan my revenge. I steal a rifle from a firearms shop and plans a school shootout. Then I take aim at the opponent. I pull the trigger and realize I have no bullets. Silly me. I cry again. Then I realize some people have watched me crying... And seen my wet pants cause I haven't even changed my wee-filled pants yet. I stink. Then I squeel again. This time much louder. But then I wake up. My wife beside me. Laughing cause I squeeled in my sleep like a piggy. I cry again. She comforts me. I tell her about my dream. She still wants to laugh but holds back. I get pity sex. Boom! I win.

#18 Edited by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

My mind will be filled with years of my martial arts background (Kyokushin, Kali and Krav)... And I start with basic front kicks and jabs to keep him at bay. Then I'll realize this is not like any fight I've been in and my opponent does not feel pain. I won't be able to move cause I'll be so shocked. He comes at me. I squeel like a scared little piggy. I pee my pants. I soil my undies. I cry on floor. Only to realize it's goddamn joke by the opponent and he's not really crazy. The reason he's so strong is because he used PEDs. People who have watched the prank suddenly comes out of hiding. They laugh at me. They tease me. I cry more. I go home and plan my revenge. I steal a rifle from a firearms shop and plans a school shootout. Then I take aim at the opponent. I pull the trigger and realize I have no bullets. Silly me. I cry again. Then I realize some people have watched me crying... And seen my wet pants cause I haven't even changed my wee-filled pants yet. I stink. Then I squeel again. This time much louder. But then I wake up. My wife beside me. Laughing cause I squeeled in my sleep like a piggy. I cry again. She comforts me. I tell her about my dream. She still wants to laugh but holds back. I get pity sex. Boom! I win.

Epic Tale

#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

If I have my X-acto knife with me, I go for the throat. If I have a sharp pencil, I go for the eye. If my hands aren't hurting, I go for the nose.

#20 Edited by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy is obviously weak-willed if he had to take drugs. That means that defeating him should be easy. I go for a psychological as well as physical attack. I begin to snarl and bare my teeth like a cornered animal adjusting my posture for maximum effect as we begin to circle each other. I hope that in his drug-addled mind my odd behavior will have some sort of affect. I continue circling until the table is between us then I flip the table sending books and paper flying to provide a slight diversion. I vault over the table and tackle him to the ground. I clamp my left hand around his throat while with my right hand I target his eyes trying to blind before he can throw me off. All the while keeping up my cornered animal routine to throw him off balance. Hopefully his my attack would tip this already unstable person over the edge causing him to breakdown. If the fight continues for long enough that it becomes clear he will not break, I would have to kill him using the only weapon available to me my teeth.

#21 Edited by JediXMan (30321 posts) - - Show Bio

Two immediate ideas:

1. Burst out of the room while the guy is distracted by the security guard.

2. If the scenario does not allow that, I would use the umbrella to keep a distance (it actually works rather well, especially if it's an open umbrella; not sure I could open it in time, though). I would try to maneuver the two of us until my back was to the door. I'd unlock it, open it, and lock it in the same motion, so that it's locked when I close it, that way it will take him just a little longer to open it back up (assuming I can lock it; if not, dismiss this). I would run out of the room, trying to gain distance between us. I then have two options:

1. Run to the nearest security station. Probably the best option.
  2. Failing that, I would attempt to fight him. Sharp jabs to the eye with an umbrella in order to blind and disorient my opponent. Follow up: hit under the ribcage into the stomach, kneecaps, eyes, back of knees - ideally in that order.

Closed umbrellas make decent substitutes for rapiers. Tips are pointy enough for the occasion.

#22 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomyak said:

This guy is obviously weak-willed if he had to take drugs. That means that defeating him should be easy. I go for a psychological as well as physical attack. I begin to snarl and bare my teeth like a cornered animal adjusting my posture for maximum effect as we begin to circle each other. I hope that in his drug-addled mind my odd behavior will have some sort of affect. I continue circling until the table is between us then I flip the table sending books and paper flying to provide a slight diversion. I vault over the table and tackle him to the ground. I clamp my left hand around his throat while with my right hand I target his eyes trying to blind before he can throw me off. All the while keeping up my cornered animal routine to throw him off balance. Hopefully his my attack would tip this already unstable person over the edge causing him to breakdown. If the fight continues for long enough that it becomes clear he will not break, I would have to kill him using the only weapon available to me my teeth.

Venomyak immediately attributes the behavior to drug use. After mentally rehearsing his plan in the span of a second, he starts to snarl and bare his teeth. This only further incites the student who screams, "you will not have my organs you monster! Arrrrgh"

Venomyak quickly flips the table providing a sudden distraction. With papers flying, Venomyak vaults over the table and tackles the student to the ground. Left hand clamped around the throat, right hand scratching out the eyes. Venomyak holds the position, snarling, waiting for the student to come out of it....

The student suddenly launches a counter attack, biting hard into Venomyak's exposed hand. At the same time, the student raises up their hands scratching into every orifice they can find on Venomyak's face. With ease, the student sits up headbutting Venomyak, throwing him off off with ease, blood dripping from one eye.

Venomyak holds his face with one hand, backed up against a bookcase, while the student stares him down unblinking, completely indifferent to his/her wounds. Both combatants have suffered significant damage to their vision.

Verdict: Still Alive, Vision at 20%, head ringing

Continue?

@armiv2 said:

If I have my X-acto knife with me, I go for the throat. If I have a sharp pencil, I go for the eye. If my hands aren't hurting, I go for the nose.

You have neither.

Armiv, unperturbed, rushes at the student striking the nose. Breaking the nose. Blood spurts out.

The student, unperturbed, tackles Armiv to the ground and bites off his nose. Crunching it loudly. Blood spurts out.

Armiv dies from the shock.

#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Two immediate ideas:

2. If the scenario does not allow that, I would use the umbrella to keep a distance (it actually works rather well, especially if it's an open umbrella; not sure I could open it in time, though). I would try to maneuver the two of us until my back was to the door. I'd unlock it, open it, and lock it in the same motion, so that it's locked when I close it, that way it will take him just a little longer to open it back up (assuming I can lock it; if not, dismiss this). I would run out of the room, trying to gain distance between us. I then have two options:

2. Failing that, I would attempt to fight him. Sharp jabs to the eye with an umbrella in order to blind and disorient my opponent. Follow up: hit under the ribcage into the stomach, kneecaps, eyes, back of knees - ideally in that order.

Closed umbrellas make decent substitutes for rapiers. Tips are pointy enough for the occasion.

Your swordsmanship is so badass!

#24 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Two immediate ideas:

Through dumb luck and smart, split-second decisions, you manage to blind and cripple the student with your umbrella. Like a dance, you wove in and out dodging the student's strikes and lunges--working the knee and face. Your speed is admirable, you imagine yourself to be a real life Jedi. Regardless of strength or pain endurance, the student's eyes and legs can barely function. Yet, the student stills crawls toward you bitter anger in their eyes, face livid.

You topple a bookcase on top of them to stop the movement completely.

Verdict: Victory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Challenge: You're sitting in your backyard, when you hear noises and police sirens. All of a suddenly, a naked man bursts over your fence and flips through the air... he lands between you and your backdoor. Your challenger is this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjcIIzdlqg

Your gun is in a drawer on the second floor. You only have your cell phone on you and your portable lawn chair. He walks towards you

How do you proceed?

#25 Posted by JediXMan (30321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

Through dumb luck and smart, split-second decisions, you manage to blind and cripple the student with your umbrella. Like a dance, you wove in and out dodging the student's strikes and lunges--working the knee and face. Your speed is admirable, you imagine yourself to be a real life Jedi. Regardless of strength or pain endurance, the student's eyes and legs can barely function. Yet, the student stills crawls toward you bitter anger in their eyes, face livid.

You topple a bookcase on top of them to stop the movement completely.

Verdict: Victory

Awesome!

@jezer said:

Next Challenge: You're sitting in your backyard, when you hear noises and police sirens. All of a suddenly, a naked man bursts over your fence and flips through the air... he lands between you and your backdoor. Your challenger is this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjcIIzdlqg

Your gun is in a drawer on the second floor. You only have your cell phone on you and your portable lawn chair. He walks towards you

How do you proceed?

Throw the lawn chair at him while I run in a circle around him toward the door. If he pursues, throw the phone at his face or his feet (but only if the grass is wet).

I would go to get my sword, because screw guns.

#26 Posted by ARMIV2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer: Well no wonder I died, I wasn't armed with my X-acto knife or a pencil! What an idiot going into a library and not being properly equipped. I am a failure.

#27 Posted by joewell (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer: So i got out of the room?

I run to the bookcase and try to turn i it over before he gets to my location, if i can i escape and call the police

It i can't and its completely stuck i brace myself close to a window, wait for him to get close and jab him in the eye's, nose, private area, then i swing it with all my might at his face. While he's blind and disorientated i push him with all my might out of the window, and he falls to his death

#28 Posted by MonsterStomp (16949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd block his right hook, pick up a book. Attempt a Jason Bourne vs Desh on his face. Get the water bottle while he is stunned, splash him in the face while he recovers and knee him directly in the face, Mortal Kombat x ray style. Smash his head up against the wall and throw him out the window. Now imagine all that happening in 3 to 5 seconds max. Is he dead? You said something about strength but not durability.

#29 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my new favorite post.

#30 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio

To answer the question.

#31 Posted by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio
@joewell said:

@jezer: So i got out of the room?

I run to the bookcase and try to turn i it over before he gets to my location, if i can i escape and call the police

It i can't and its completely stuck i brace myself close to a window, wait for him to get close and jab him in the eye's, nose, private area, then i swing it with all my might at his face. While he's blind and disorientated i push him with all my might out of the window, and he falls to his death

Joewell braces himself close to a window and waits for the student to descend on him. Once in jabbing distance, Joewell jabs him in the eye. Unfazed, and also within jabbing distance(since this goes both way), the student jabs Jowell in the nose deep enough that he can feel it in his brain. Losing the exchange, Jowell howls in pain, disoriented.

The student pushes him out the window.

I'd block his right hook, pick up a book. Attempt a Jason Bourne vs Desh on his face. Get the water bottle while he is stunned, splash him in the face while he recovers and knee him directly in the face, Mortal Kombat x ray style. Smash his head up against the wall and throw him out the window. Now imagine all that happening in 3 to 5 seconds max. Is he dead? You said something about strength but not durability.

The student is completely unstunned and has no need to recover from any attack Monsterstomp attempts on him/her.

Monsterstomp grabs a water bottle and splashes water in his face. "Thanks for hydrating me", the student says, as Monsterstomp attempts a flying knee to the face. Due to a lack of peak athleticism, Monsterstomp is unable to successfully throw a flying knee at the face level of a 5'8 student. Falling in a heap, Monsterstomp is rather helpless as the student stomps on his neck

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (16949 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer: The students stomp attack fails as I quickly roll to the side. I roll backwards and recover in a standing position. He punches 4 times, I block 3 times and grab his last straight punch. I kick him back. I realise I am THE ONE, light shining through the window, he runs up to me angered and throws the next 10 punches in which I block with ease using one arm without looking. I kick him through the door. He gets back up. I run toward him and dive into his stomach and make him explode.

Verdict: He dies.

#33 Edited by Jezer (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer: The students stomp attack fails as I quickly roll to the side. I roll backwards and recover in a standing position. He punches 4 times, I block 3 times and grab his last straight punch. I kick him back. I realise I am THE ONE, light shining through the window, he runs up to me angered and throws the next 10 punches in which I block with ease using one arm without looking. I kick him through the door. He gets back up. I run toward him and dive into his stomach and make him explode.

Verdict: He dies.

As common in the final moments of death, Monsterstomp's brain manufactures a paradise. Instead of seeing dead relatives, going through a tunnel, and life flashing before his eyes, Monsterstomp's paradise is a world where he actually survives the battle through Matrix-esque powers.

He goes on to live his life, moving past the traumatic experience. Spends many years doing nothing but browsing comicvine. Manages to get in a relationship with a pretty attractive significant other. All the while, he has a strange, eerie feeling. Its an the type of feeling that has no origin, its like it lives beneath your skin. It pervades every waking moment of the rest of his life. Every moment in his dreams--The feeling you get when you fuck a figment of your own imagination, mental masturbation.

Something isn't right, he thinks to himself. The goosebumps on his goosebumps stand up straight.

Solving this mystery, finding the origin of this feeling, becomes his life purpose.

One day... he stumbles upon this thread on comicvine. He reads this, these exact words. Like a lightbulb, he suddenly realizes the truth. This truth. That his subconscious is writing to him.

I-I-I'm dead

With such knowledge....comes reality shattering consequences. Truly ignorance is bliss; Monsterstomp's consciousness ceases to exist.

Verdictiiitxjlm;lljaflllafhoieieehoefefefeq;joqtq;jn;;;;;;;;;;;;.............................__________________________