• 61 results
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

All of that for a piece of bread? SMH

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks just as boring as that awful Opera House preview we're now forced to watch in the theaters.

#5 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about a woman and man.

#6 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Raiiyn (3523 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IM SOOOO EXCITED!! LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING<3

Les Mis<3 One of the best broadway shows EEVVAA and the cast is soo great too!!!

**fangirl shrieking**

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8522 posts) - - Show Bio

That name sounds really familiar...where have I heard it mentioned before?

Yes, I am asking you guys.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

In your dreams

#11 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

les miserabe is a very good book and a damn fine musical. i hope that liam neeson is cast as jean val jean

#12 Posted by Frenemy (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raiiyn said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IM SOOOO EXCITED!! LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING<3

Les Mis<3 One of the best broadway shows EEVVAA and the cast is soo great too!!!

**fangirl shrieking**

You and me both lol.

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raiiyn: its berry berry cool !

mini fangirl shriek

#14 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

What is with the fangirl shrieking? I don't care about the stupid broadway play. Les Miserables is written by one of the greatest authors of all time Victor Hugo. It also plays out in my favorite time period (revolutionary France)

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the book. I don't know about this... I have no choice on seeing/not seeing it though. I'm pretty sure my fiance would want us to watch this.

#16 Posted by mikethekiller (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

SO. EXCITED!

#18 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to see this a couple of years ago in London and that was awesome. Hopefully this will be just as good, musicals are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine ;)

Now all I need is a film of Blood Brothers

#19 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

Skipping it

#20 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen the Liam Neeson movie people? If its anything as good as that, then it is worth the movie ticket.

#21 Edited by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: LOL

i think i had the same thoughts,,,

@VercingetorixTheGreat:

I did,,, he was great in the movie!

#22 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

F?$%§ the Miserable musical for making the June Rebellion looks like a prima ballerina.

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16455 posts) - - Show Bio

Having gone to school in France and had to witness I don't know how many different version of this film and read the book about 3 times (in French lol) I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I will probably be passing this one up. When you know whats going to happen off by heart the film is pretty boring to watch!

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I NEED this movie in my life........I love musicals!!!!

The big screen needs more musicals.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the International trailer on television and I was blown away by it.

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne Hathaway absolutely destroys me as Fantine. I Dreamed A Dream kills me as is, but she breaks your heart with every note.

#28 Posted by _Hawk_ (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I really don't much like her in anything were she doesn't sing......and when she does....OMG!

#29 Posted by JediXMan (30608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Ugh... I want to dislike this movie. I really, really do. But every trailer makes me want to see it.

#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Hawk_ said:

@Mercy_: I really don't much like her in anything were she doesn't sing......and when she does....OMG!

They had to pause the screening at the NYC premiere three times due to overwhelming applause from the (celebrity) crowd, including a standing ovation after I Dreamed A Dream. Early rumors and speculation say this role's gonna net her at the very least an Oscar nom, if not a win.

I'm most apprehensive about Amanda. She's got a pretty voice, but I don't know if she has the power to carry the role and stand with the rest of the talent in the cast.

#31 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

After The Hobbit this will be the movie of the year.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Ah yes, they release in the same window do they not?

#33 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Xanni15 said:

Yep, The Hobbit on the 14th and Les Mis on Christmas. :D

#34 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: And yet another reason that December is such a wonderful month :P

#35 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Xanni15 said:

Great Jesus, great music, and great fantasy all in the same month? My smile is on it's highest setting

#36 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Xanni15 said:

Great Jesus, great music, and great fantasy all in the same month? My smile is on it's highest setting

You can pretend I told you in December, there's multiple Twilight spin offs in the works for the next few years. ;)

#37 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Xanni15 said:

You can pretend I told you in December, there's multiple Twilight spin offs in the works for the next few years. ;)

....from Edwards perspective. :)

#38 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Xanni15 said:

....from Edwards perspective. :)

I heard about some from the Pack's. :]

#39 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! :D

#40 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Anne Hathaway absolutely destroys me as Fantine. I Dreamed A Dream kills me as is, but she breaks your heart with every note.

I agree 100%. Her take on I Dreamed A Dream is amazing. The level of despair in Anne's voice is something that I never heard from the actresses in the stage version. Anne Hathaway makes you believe that Fantine is at the end of her rope with that song.

I am ridiculously excited for this movie. I only have two worries:

1. Russell Crowe's singing voice sounds like it might be iffy.
  2. I may not be able to stop myself from singing along to One Day More!
#41 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

CLIPS! :D Jackman obliterates Crowe when it comes to singing, and Marius is adorable,

#42 Posted by YoungJustice (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, Anne Hathaway can blow.

#43 Posted by laflux (15900 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest the original reason I was going to watch this was solely because of Russell Crowe. Looks good, and if it sucks, then I've always got Glee to fall back on :-D

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

So damn disappointed with Amanda Seyfried. Cosette is supposed to have that high, fragile voice and Amanda's a pretty singer, but she doesn't have the pipes to handle this part.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

So damn disappointed with Amanda Seyfried. Cosette is supposed to have that high, fragile voice and Amanda's a pretty singer, but she doesn't have the pipes to handle this part.

I saw in an interview that when she was a teen, she was classically trained to sing songs like those in Les Mis, but then she stopped taking lessons for like 10 years and didn't pick them up again till 4 months before she got the role of Cosette.

#47 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

So cantankerous. She has eyes that will turn your icy soul into melted butter. Deal with it.

#48 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

So cantankerous. She has eyes that will turn your icy soul into melted butter. Deal with it.

Did you really just call me cantankerous? >__<

I don't care how pretty she is, they shouldn't just be casting for pretty, they should be casting for singers who can carry the parts, especially when they're doing live takes.

She has a really pretty pop voice, but that by no means transfers over to Les Mis.

@Xanni15: That's a shame :S

#49 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

I don't care how pretty she is, they shouldn't just be casting for pretty, they should be casting for singers who can carry the parts, especially when they're doing live takes.

She has a really pretty pop voice, but that by no means transfers over to Les Mis.

Wait until the final product is released. Good grief.

Truth be told, I've only ever read the novel once, and I quite frankly was put off by the whole affair. The French Revolution is absolutely fascinating, but this whole charade about neediness and whatnot is boring. I'd rather see a musical adaption of The Communist Manifesto.

#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Mercy_ said:

Wait until the final product is released. Good grief.

Truth be told, I've only ever read the novel once, and I quite frankly was put off by the whole affair. The French Revolution is absolutely fascinating, but this whole charade about neediness and whatnot is boring. I'd rather see a musical adaption of The Communist Manifesto.

No -___-

...and I'M the cantankerous one? You're a Scrooge.