thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@lunacyde said:

@feral_nova:

I too agree about the love triangle. Korra/Asami friendship is vastly more interesting.

@darthaznable said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

"If people like something I didn't much care for, it's overrated."

The show doesn't live up to the original.

So your point is? Return of the Jedi didn't live up to Empire Strikes Back. Doesn't mean it wasn't still enjoyable in it's own right.

Also LoK Season 3 > TLA Season 1.....there I said it.

You could add half of season 2 honestly.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lunacyde: @feral_nova: I like how they were like "Hey, remember when we dated Mako...what were we thinking" Socially awkward cop Mako is the best Mako

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@arcus: I actually liked Mako and Bolin better in season 3 than season1& 2

But yeah xD love how they just shrugged it off and continued being awesome while Mako struggled with it LOL

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rogueshadow  Moderator

LOK just isn't that great in my opinion, three was the best season though. Maybe it's because I'm older.

Frankly, we should have had old man Sokka, the whole show is pointless without old man Sokka.

Avatar image for steven_spielniggga
Steven_Spielniggga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shows decent but compared to the legend of aang it ain't sh*t. That's why the show is no longer on TV becouse the viewer numbers dropped fast.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Arcus1

@feral_nova: oh they were much better in Season 3, everyone was better actually. I think they finally figured out how they wanted to write the characters, and it works very well

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@feral_nova:

I too agree about the love triangle. Korra/Asami friendship is vastly more interesting.

@darthaznable said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

"If people like something I didn't much care for, it's overrated."

The show doesn't live up to the original.

So your point is? Return of the Jedi didn't live up to Empire Strikes Back. Doesn't mean it wasn't still enjoyable in it's own right.

Also LoK Season 3 > TLA Season 1.....there I said it.

You could add half of season 2 honestly.

Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sissel

@steven_spielniggga said:

The shows decent but compared to the legend of aang it ain't sh*t. That's why the show is no longer on TV becouse the viewer numbers dropped fast.

For one, you have to know the context why its viewership dropped. Book 1 had great viewership then struggled at the later episodes because of changing schedules. Book 2 is marketed poorly and the schedule is fucked up a lot, from Saturday morning to Friday night death slot to an advance online release. I know people who barely knew B2 happened. Same thing happened with Book 3. Marketed poorly and rushed out schedule, add the digital only release fiasco. Fans that I know irl barely knew it was B3 already. It's quite good that B4 will be released so Nick won't f*ck it all up anymore. Nick is the one to blame here for that viewer count.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was such a big improvement from the 1st 2 seasons i can't say it is over rated. I do agree it has some flaws many of which you mentioned, but i wouldn't say it was over rated. Especially if you compare it to season 1 and 2.

Avatar image for steven_spielniggga
Steven_Spielniggga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sissel said:

@steven_spielniggga said:

For one, you have to know the context why its viewership dropped. Book 1 had great viewership then struggled at the later episodes because of changing schedules. Book 2 is marketed poorly and the schedule is fucked up a lot, from Saturday morning to Friday night death slot to an advance online release. I know people who barely knew B2 happened. Same thing happened with Book 3. Marketed poorly and rushed out schedule, add the digital only release fiasco. Fans that I know irl barely knew it was B3 already. It's quite good that B4 will be released so Nick won't f*ck it all up anymore. Nick is the one to blame here for that viewer count.

It was actually all those things plus everyone negativly compairing it to the last airbender. The fanbase was already there but people wern't going out of there way to watch it as much as the original. Even before the sceduling change the veiws we're below the original shows.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62 Lunacyde  Moderator

If anything LoK is underrated.

Without fail every assessment of LoK takes into account how it compares to TLA, and without question this is setting it up for failure. TLA is widely accepted both by critics and fans as an exceptional show, and one that is of great quality. Legend of Korra at many times fails to reach the same level as TLA, but it is still better than much of what we see on TV today. The writing is lazy, the characters aren't compelling or fleshed out, the main character sucks, etc are complaints about LoK, but compared to what? Tell me an animated television show that is on a major network right now that is of better quality than LoK.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63 Feral Nova  Moderator
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde:

Adventure Time :D

Regular Show is better. :P

But I don't find that particular type of cartoon very comparable to Korra. It's a whole different writing process where elements like plot and character development can't even be looked at the same.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lilben42

@thatguywithheadphones: @the_kidd: @cresshadow: @arcus:

1. I don't know where you guys got that I didn't like Korra. Especially since I mentioned that I liked it twice. In fact I would give it an 8/10. I just think the fans should calm down

2. Overrated doesn't just mean there is too much fans for the show it can also mean the fans rate it too highly in someones opinion.

3. I didnt even mention ATLAB so not sure where that came from.

4. The airbender episode: Wasnt that episode more about people thinking Tenzins a stick in the mud and him trying to find a way to get through to people, correct me if Im wrong but didnt we see that in season 2; I dont know. The sibling fights were also in season 2. Bumi being a leader is kind of new.

5. Maybe my standards for Korra are too high.