User Lists: 0

don't smoke, don't care for it.

Ditto_Ditto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well I think it should be legal for both medical and rec purposes and I would like it if they put the tax money that it generates to rehab for addicts

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Doesn't matter either way to me, I don't smoke, nor drink.

#Straightedge

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf Out of curiosity, would you be interested in cocaine?

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo said:

@testament said:

I light up every once in a while but I don't do it as often because I get to much anxiety. Yea I'm all for it being Legal. Almost 80 percent of income from Drug cartels is Marijuana. What happens when you take 80% of revenue from a company? The company goes bankrupt.

Right, every cartel and drug runner is just going to shrug it off, and get day jobs working at Target right? What do you think would happen if that huge of a revenue stream suddenly dried up? Would all drug-related violence in Mexico come to a complete stop, or would the cartels start fighting for control of the entire country? The answer is that they would become even more aggressive vying for the last remaining pieces of the market. Policy changes north of the border can only do so much. Plus, who says that Cartels wouldn't find a way to tap into legal revenues? There's a 100 BILLION dollar (yes, that's billion with a B) black market for cigarettes alone just for people looking to avoid taxes, and cigarettes are actually LEGAL.

I'm not against legalization (and fyi, I do smoke on ocassion), but it's not as black and white as everyone makes it out to be.

I never said it would happen right away but it could (possibly) happen gradually. Hell no crime would not stop in Mexico but crime sure as hell would go down in the US. I also recognize that the cartels also have other sources of revenue but their cash crop is obviously Mary Jane and the United States is their main customer. I also found your post a little patronizing and condescending in some parts. I agree with everything you said, I just wish you were a little more respectful with how you said it.

How would crime go down appreciably in the US? I assume there's some marijuana based violence here, but most of the violence that comes from MJ is from south the border. I'm not disagreeing that profits would go down, i'm disagreeing that violence would go down. Desperate cartels = Dangerous cartels. I'm not saying we should keep the illegal drug trade up to keep cartels happy either, I'm just saying that every issue has two sides to it. Also, I wasn't intending to be condescending, I just have a bit of a sarcastic streak about me. My apologies if you were offended.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely for it!
Definitely for it!

You can get a prescription for Marijuana, just like pharmaceuticals. Technically, Marijuana is no more illegal than pharmaceuticals are. In fact, I would say that Marijuana is quite a bit easier to get than most high grade pharmas (Morphine, opiates, barbituates).

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx said:
Definitely for it!
Definitely for it!

You can get a prescription for Marijuana, just like pharmaceuticals. Technically, Marijuana is no more illegal than pharmaceuticals are. In fact, I would say that Marijuana is quite a bit easier to get than most high grade pharmas (Morphine, opiates, barbituates).

Lol! Really? I wish thats accessible here in Japan. hahahaha

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament said:

@force_echo said:

@testament said:

I light up every once in a while but I don't do it as often because I get to much anxiety. Yea I'm all for it being Legal. Almost 80 percent of income from Drug cartels is Marijuana. What happens when you take 80% of revenue from a company? The company goes bankrupt.

Right, every cartel and drug runner is just going to shrug it off, and get day jobs working at Target right? What do you think would happen if that huge of a revenue stream suddenly dried up? Would all drug-related violence in Mexico come to a complete stop, or would the cartels start fighting for control of the entire country? The answer is that they would become even more aggressive vying for the last remaining pieces of the market. Policy changes north of the border can only do so much. Plus, who says that Cartels wouldn't find a way to tap into legal revenues? There's a 100 BILLION dollar (yes, that's billion with a B) black market for cigarettes alone just for people looking to avoid taxes, and cigarettes are actually LEGAL.

I'm not against legalization (and fyi, I do smoke on ocassion), but it's not as black and white as everyone makes it out to be.

I never said it would happen right away but it could (possibly) happen gradually. Hell no crime would not stop in Mexico but crime sure as hell would go down in the US. I also recognize that the cartels also have other sources of revenue but their cash crop is obviously Mary Jane and the United States is their main customer. I also found your post a little patronizing and condescending in some parts. I agree with everything you said, I just wish you were a little more respectful with how you said it.

How would crime go down appreciably in the US? I assume there's some marijuana based violence here, but most of the violence that comes from MJ is from south the border. I'm not disagreeing that profits would go down, i'm disagreeing that violence would go down. Desperate cartels = Dangerous cartels. I'm not saying we should keep the illegal drug trade up to keep cartels happy either, I'm just saying that every issue has two sides to it. Also, I wasn't intending to be condescending, I just have a bit of a sarcastic streak about me. My apologies if you were offended.

A considerable amount of violence does happen in the US over marijuana. IMO I believe that legalizing the distribution of cannabis could help to potentially lower that violence down tremendously. I agree with you though ever issue has two sides to it and like you said in your first post, it's not all black and white. And it's all good man

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Unless it's to relief stress(which there are other, healthy alternatives), I don't see what's the point of consuming it(smoking, eating), or any drug for that matter. Why harm your body.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been smoking weed for 5 year and im at University without any problem.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Just legalize it in certain areas. Ie: Home consumption, special establishments (Weed Bars) etc... just ban it in public areas like bars etc.....

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf Out of curiosity, would you be interested in cocaine?

I have done it before. Trust me it's not that great. You get high for like 15 minutes and that's it. It's a rich person's drug because it's so expensive!

In the words of Whitney Houston, "Crack is wack!"

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For it of course

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Against it.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

If it was Legal I would smoke.... but since it's not I won't

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm for it.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121 Feral Nova  Moderator

Against it

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trend lives!

I see very mix thoughts on it.

So why are you against it, and why are you for it?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@totalbalance said:

Throwing people in jail for smoking a joint is about the most idiotic thing society could do. You are locking up, for the most part, normal young people, this leaves them with a criminal record which can destroy their future prospects in life and end up making them turn to crime. If you just let them smoke their Mary Jane in peace they could continue on in life just fine, turning these otherwise regular citizens into criminals is simply doing no good though.

This is the reason it will never be legalized.

The US makes money off weed being illegal.

Oh and crack is way cheaper than cocaine for the above posters.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably for it